This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Out of interest what did you think of AFfC on your re-read, I found it much better second time around. Hoping for the same when I attack the final book again.
    I loved it, out of the first four books I think I enjoyed my reread of that one the most. I even liked the Brienne chapters this time, there was so much great storytelling in them that I didn't even notice the first time because I was trying to get through it all so fast.

I think once I knew there wasn't going to be a red wedding every second chapter I appreciated all the politics a lot more.
    SPOILER
    Jamie meeting the Blackfish
    is probably my favourite passage in all the books now.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        TheImprover was excellent today. Well played that lad.

Noticed Terry Rodgers on Talbot Street is now a Paddy Power. That's a small bit of poker/gambling history gone. Could there be something odd going on there - they were just advertising their 100 year history on signs at the store recently (which sounded fake tbh). Weird they then just shut up shop and left so quickly afterwards.
        Same with a Terry Rodgers near me, switched in the last 2 weeks.

Shares in bookies, Paddy Power, slipped 96c to E58.16. Press reports over the weekend stated that Paddy Power had acquired a small Irish retail betting chain, Terry Rogers, for an undisclosed sum. Terry Rogers has 7 shops, 6 of which are in Dublin. This news follows the group's acquisition of a number of shops from Hackett's Bookmakers at the start of 2014 (9 shops announced in December but we believe did not complete until January). Goodbody Stockbrokers said that Paddy Power's total number of shops in Ireland is c.239 representing c.24pc of the overall market in shop numbers. "We estimate Paddy Power had a c.38pc share of the Irish retail betting market in value terms in 2013.
        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 15-07-14, 23:23.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            The Strain, new TV show looks OK, has lots of promise, lead actors dont over do it too much, lots of backstory to be developed also, one of the better ones from the last few years, lets hope it keeps the pace.
            Genre is so over saturated that I'm completely turned off at this point by the idea of anything involving zombies/vampires but Del Toro's involvement peaked my interest enough to give it a chance.

Despite it being predictable and cliched ridden I thought it was loads of fun. It isn't going to win any emmys but so far it looks like good entertaining bubble gum which understands unlike so many of the others in the genre that it doesn't need it take itself so seriously. It has some wonderful 80's horror type charm going on which I love.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              Genre is so over saturated that I'm completely turned off at this point by the idea of anything involving zombies/vampires but Del Toro's involvement peaked my interest enough to give it a chance.

Despite it being predictable and cliched ridden I thought it was loads of fun. It isn't going to win any emmys but so far it looks like good entertaining bubble gum which understands unlike so many of the others in the genre that it doesn't need it take itself so seriously. It has some wonderful 80's horror type charm going on which I love.

Opr
              I am only after finishing the second ep of The Leftovers, think DP was punting it.

Lead needs to shave, i have a thing about well groomed/designer stuble men, maybe im jealous ? but i think it makes them look soft and too boy band.

Really interesting story, in so much as wtf is going on but like the above, if it gets me to watch the next episode, its doing a hell of a lot better that most shows have done in a few years.
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                Pretty sweet, been watching more of these type videos of dota now
                Dota feels like a clunkier, less clean version of League of Legends. I just cant get into it

Comment

Comment

The John Bishop's Australia show is actually rather good. Maybe its just that he himself seems like a pleasant chap.
                    I caught episode 2 randomly last night and really enjoyed it. Never thought he was that funny but he comes across as a good guy in the show.

Opr

Comment

I am only after finishing the second ep of The Leftovers, think DP was punting it.

Lead needs to shave, i have a thing about well groomed/designer stuble men, maybe im jealous ? but i think it makes them look soft and too boy band.

Really interesting story, in so much as wtf is going on but like the above, if it gets me to watch the next episode, its doing a hell of a lot better that most shows have done in a few years.
                      nope not me.
                      I hadnt really heard of it. Worth watching? I'm binging on SOA at the moment and saving up everything else
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Also miffed I missed the conspiracy stuff
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          nope not me.
                          I hadnt really heard of it. Worth watching? I'm binging on SOA at the moment and saving up everything else
                          Very much worth a watch, solid enough 3 in.

Sons of anchovy...its certainly better than that...
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Also big push on Alpha House. Only 11 episodes in S1, just finished, very good.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

moon landings were faked imo

Comment

bit quiet in 'ere

Comment

Johnny Cash in 1971 on TV singing Man in Black. Re-edited to correct audio/video sync problem.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Next time Bray.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                      Next time Bray.
                                      anything else you care to confess to?

Comment

At a karaoke thingy in Boston now. It's awful but in an American strangely enthusiastically enjoyable way.

I had fantastic pizza in Reginas pizza for tea thanks to a recommendation by thechamp87.

Comment

yeaaah

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                            anything else you care to confess to?
                                            I put the screw in the tuna.

Comment

...Just scored 2.49Million points in one level of Candy crush...That's apparently what I do when I cannot sleep...
                                              ...BBV was extremely quiet tonight, no entertainment...I was close to having a conversation with my self online but I was fighting with myself so myself didn't talk...

Comment

Twas me. Ep 3 is great. Really enjoying the show

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  Try to catch either Ka in MGM or O in Bellagio
                                                  Agree completely with this. Loved both but 'Ka' pipped it for me.
                                                  . .

Comment

Boylesports mobile site is literally the shittest thing since iPoker.

Its an abomination.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by theresa View Post
                                                      boylesports mobile site is literally the shittest thing since ipoker.

Its an abomination.
                                                      tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiillllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllt
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                        Boylesports mobile site is literally the shittest thing since iPoker beginning of time.

Its an abomination.
                                                        FYP

Comment

Its an abomination.
                                                          Was out & about on Sunday trying to back a horse on the App. Kept jumping to the Promotions page no matter what I did. Gave up.

Comment

...Just watched two films, The Iceman and Mr Brooks...They were both quite good, I'd recommend them...Would anyone have any similar types of movies worth watching, in and around serial killers weird people and shite like that...

Comment

Its an abomination.
                                                              Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              FYP
                                                              Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Was out & about on Sunday trying to back a horse on the App. Kept jumping to the Promotions page no matter what I did. Gave up.
                                                              Could not open my betslip. No matter what happened. Wouldnt open. Head literally melted here and its 9:30am on a Wednesday. Top it all off, max bet of 24euro.

GFYBS

Comment

I've had the same issue here & agree the mobile site isn't worth your time.

If I'm on my phone I open it in Chrome, then request desktop site so I at least have that to work with. Much better than the mobile version & app.
                                                                . .

Comment

Comment

Its an abomination.
                                                                    Could not open my betslip. No matter what happened. Wouldnt open. Head literally melted here and its 9:30am on a Wednesday. Top it all off, max bet of 24euro.

GFYBS
                                                                    Will pass the feedback on Lads.

Comment

Was there ever an update from mdoug or is he MIA?
                                                                      You blanked me again yesterday! At this rate I'm just gonna stop saying hello to ya!

Comment

This iSnow character is a bit odd at times isn't be, it's like different people are using the account sometimes

Comment

Good morning HG, glad I entertained you yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                            I loved it, out of the first four books I think I enjoyed my reread of that one the most. I even liked the Brienne chapters this time, there was so much great storytelling in them that I didn't even notice the first time because I was trying to get through it all so fast.

I think once I knew there wasn't going to be a red wedding every second chapter I appreciated all the politics a lot more.
                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                            Jamie meeting the Blackfish
                                                                            is probably my favourite passage in all the books now.
                                                                            I've started a complete reread, but I'm doing it through the audiobooks. I'm 2/3rds of the way through AGoT and I'm thoroughly convinced of R+L=J and about ready to murder Sansa Stark, which means my feelings about the first book are pretty much unchanged. Roy Dottrice is a really great narrator, though.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              I've started a complete reread, but I'm doing it through the audiobooks. I'm 2/3rds of the way through AGoT and I'm thoroughly convinced of R+L=J and about ready to murder Sansa Stark, which means my feelings about the first book are pretty much unchanged. Roy Dottrice is a really great narrator, though.
                                                                              Are those the Audible recordings? Think I got the first one from there, might give the second one a spin since I've a few credits built up.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                Iago is correct, they get all the money and if it exceeds the 75m per year then United get more

Also Iago did I read from you that you can sort tickets for any game
                                                                                Yeah pretty much, obviously the top games are more troublesome, but I can generally work something out. Drop me a PM if you're looking for something.
                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Are there any differences between speeds of non fibre broadband providers?
                                                                                  New house doesn't have fibre running into it, despite it being on the main road up the lane about 30 yards away.
                                                                                  Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

This iSnow character is a bit odd at times isn't be, it's like different people are using the account sometimes
                                                                                    Have the business plans been sent out yet, assuming I was cut. (Flashbacks to team selection at school).

Comment

Have the business plans been sent out yet, assuming I was cut. (Flashbacks to team selection at school).
                                                                                      If they have then I've been cut aswell.

Also GFYSATNAV curracloe is gods own country. :-)

Comment

I'm reasonably convinced at this point that the first customer to point out a hair in their wrap would get called a badge-wearing cunt and get chased out of the shop with a breadknife.
                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

The whole thing didnt hold Crows interest for very long ....

Comment

the last time a sporting upset of such magnitude occured they made a film about it. Doubt there will be any films made of Sunday but I believe. You have to believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwpTj_Z9v-c

Comment

Yeah, I've got the business plan, it's pretty air tight.

Comment

Anyone looking to order the New United Jersey there's a 20% off code elv07pm14 Works on www.elverys.ie

Brings it down to €52, also works on all other items on the site

Comment

Looks good. Id disagree with the marketing aspect of it though. I dont think using Chris Brown or Stan Collymore is a good idea.

Comment

Is it set in stone though?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                      Anyone looking to order the New United Jersey there's a 20% off code elv07pm14 Works on www.elverys.ie

No point in buying one this season with Adidas making them from 2015. I will have to buy a retro full tracksuit if they release one.

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                        No point in buying one this season with Adidas making them from 2015. I will have to buy a retro full tracksuit if they release one.

I imagine you like Russell Crowes partner in American Gangster.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                          I haven't got one in a couple of years and cant resist discount so have it ordered and ready for collection.

Comment

Good to see Jacko alive and well and working in Vegas. Knew his death was faked for tax purposes.
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post

should probably lead with that tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                                Are there any differences between speeds of non fibre broadband providers?
                                                                                                                New house doesn't have fibre running into it, despite it being on the main road up the lane about 30 yards away.
                                                                                                                DSL?
                                                                                                                Not really, just the service they offer on the line. E.g BT do LLU, Eircom DSL/BMB, Sky LLU afaik.
                                                                                                                Voda do them all and will stick whatever is best for your line on. If you do go with them push for BMB (Backhaul managed bitstream) as it is imo the better product.

Comment

Lol at anyone over the age of 16 buying a football jersey.

Comment

Something to kill a bit of time this afternoon

Official Fantasy Premier League 2023/24. Free to play fantasy football game, set up your fantasy football team at the Official Premier League site.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                      Lol at anyone over the age of 16 buying a football jersey.
                                                                                                                      what else do you wear to matches?

Comment

anyone seen Mrs Browns Boys? would it be suitable for a 9 yr old? She has often seen it on tv but the movie says 15A, I wouldnt really mind if it said 12 but 15 maybe a bit much
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                          anyone seen Mrs Browns Boys? would it be suitable for a 9 yr old? She has often seen it on tv but the movie says 15A, I wouldnt really mind if it said 12 but 15 maybe a bit much
                                                                                                                          Not suitable for anyone I would have thought? Except perhaps the truly idiotic

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X