X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      Am gonna start an alphabet sheep in the next week once fd's one is done with a nice auld prize for the win so keep an eye out .

Also going to go back gambling maybe middle/end of the month with a few k trying to have another spinupament so possibly might do shares stuff on here matching my funds or something if people want an auld gamble, haven't really figured out what but just an idea - this might not happen but the sheep is nailed on so keep an eye out this/next week .
      Did you really bink the scoop?You didnt insta do it in did you?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        Did you really bink the scoop?You didnt insta do it in did you?
        Yeah but tbf I did lose a chunk of it before I withdrew and there was a lot of laying involved(the betting kind) but very happy with all of it . Majority of remaining money safely in a bank but I kept a bit of money aside as I initially had a plan of spinning 1k into 100k and I didn't feel I got it how I wanted so I go again but keep my other profits safe for the future in case of probable failure .

The 3 weeks before the scoop 6 I had spun the 1k up to 34, down to 7, up to 15, down to 4 and was up to around the 10k mark when I binked it so it was an utter roller coaster tbh. Fuck leaving on a high, ride the wave until it stops but have a life jacket spare .

You heading to Basel for the game tonight? be a bit of a laugh I'd say
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Them swings are pretty mad, wouldn't be able for that
          airport, lol

Comment

You binked like a place bet in the scoop6 was it? Wouldn't mind winning a shitload of money myself, what would you recommend?
            airport, lol

Comment

Ah yeah to be honest up until this/last year I truly would have been sweating a €50 bet, had a lot of money on a match a few days ago and honestly forgot about the bet.

I think I always thought once I finally reached my goal then everything would be sunshine lollipops and rainbows. Unfortunately it is not and am completely lost, a bit of a woe is me I'm rich story lol.

As for making money, win the sheep I throw up this week for a start
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  tbh if I was in your place I'd be off to somewhere for a few months - jumping on a plane to e.g. South America / somewhere in Asia. Cheap as chips. Experience of a lifetime. Would probably cost you a net few k to spend ages there. Were you not tempted by anything like that?
                  Yeah that's kind of the plan for the new year tbh. Have some medical shit to clear up here which will take up to 4 months but once that's done hopefully I'll be out the gap, no idea as to where yet though... but since I have 4 months I might as well make some more money instead of doing nothing .

How was Tallinn by the way? I stopped reading bbv for a while so didn't read any of the trip reports
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Can someone wake up that "God Damn Finkelstein Shit kid" for some werewolf bants already. Son of a bitch.

Classic Strother Martin clip as he rants at Chong to get a job. His unforgettable voice distinguished many classic movies, most notably as the warden in "Coo...
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Yeah I'd be gone from the real world for a few months at least
                      airport, lol

Comment

Lads, suggestions on somewhere reasonably central in Dublin and cheap this Saturday please for a couple of lads? I'm up for "The Event" if any of ye are around for beer.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

*sigh*. I thought I have left these days behind me... It 12.30am here and I am in the library studying for a test in the morning. Why!!!!!

The test is theory test for the DMV so I am basically reading the rules of the road for the first time ever 😱
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            5"5 Marco Verrati scoring a header against Barca is completely lolworthy.
                            Didn't Messi win the CL with a header once?
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              I just got a huge shock, I was on the phone to my dad when my FB feed updated with a picture of a guy I was in the same class with in college. He was killed when hit by a garda patrol car outside Dundalk last night. He was into his horses and I had bumped into him a couple of times at the races in recent years.

From the article I can not make out if he was in another car when struck or if walking on the road.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/l...roll-1-6329191
                              My wife knew him too, she worked with him. She said he was a really sound guy. Awful.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                worth a read - didn't even realise such a flying option existed

http://dereklow.co/what-its-like-to-...-suites-class/
                                He must have some appetite!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Didn't Messi win the CL with a header once?
                                  Aren't you the Barca fan?

More to the point, Verrati scoring the header from a corner is terrible.
                                  Bring back Valdes eh?
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Views on squash?
                                    Don't put it in the fridge.
                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Happy Bidet Riggs.

Comment

Just booked flights to Gran Canaria in December for a bit of a winter break. Anyone got any tips for accommodation or resorts to stay in a that time of year?
                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                          Just booked flights to Gran Canaria in December for a bit of a winter break. Anyone got any tips for accommodation or resorts to stay in a that time of year?
                                          I stayed in Parque Golf 2, a little rubbishy resort with tiny bungalows. The normal gafs are terrible, but I stayed in a guy from HomeAway (site). He'd refurbished the place really well.

Rent a car from AutoCarReisen. Think it cost me a total of 110 for the entire week, cheaper than a taxi would have been both ways from the airport.

Also, you'd love the sailing trip on the Karolka from Puerto Mogan. Polish guy called Marek takes you out on his sail boat, lets you sail it, cooks for you. Think it was €50 each or something. Silly cheap and reasonable.

Nudist beach was also fairly hilarious.

(That being said, we were there in March, it might not be as suitable in winter - no clue)
                                          Last edited by Emmet; 01-10-14, 09:38.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            Puerto Rico the best of the resorts there. Has the very nice amadores beach and lovely village of puerto mogan a boat journey away. Actually puerto mogan would be better, but a bit more pricey, not a resort as such more a sleepy fishing village but v nice.

In terms of what hotel. Just check trip advisor

Comment

V, this might be more up your alley than Gran Canaria?

Coppers announces it's first annual ski holiday

Details here

Coppers is going on tour!
                                              The famous Dublin nightclub has announced its first annual ski trip in March. They posted the details on their Facebook page with the mission statement 'to have the best craic ever'.

They posted, 'For one week only Coppers is moving to the stunning surrounding of tax free Andorra for what promises to be an amazing week of skiing, partying, skiing and more partying!'

The package includes return flights and transfers, accomodation and your very own souvenir Limited Edition Coppers County Jersey.

Sold!

Comment

herpes head elite

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                  I stayed in Parque Golf 2, a little rubbishy resort with tiny bungalows. The normal gafs are terrible, but I stayed in a guy from HomeAway (site). He'd refurbished the place really well.

Rent a car from AutoCarReisen. Think it cost me a total of 110 for the entire week, cheaper than a taxi would have been both ways from the airport.

Also, you'd love the sailing trip on the Karolka from Puerto Mogan. Polish guy called Marek takes you out on his sail boat, lets you sail it, cooks for you. Think it was €50 each or something. Silly cheap and reasonable.

Nudist beach was also fairly hilarious.

(That being said, we were there in March, it might not be as suitable in winter - no clue)
                                                  Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Puerto Rico the best of the resorts there. Has the very nice amadores beach and lovely village of puerto mogan a boat journey away. Actually puerto mogan would be better, but a bit more pricey, not a resort as such more a sleepy fishing village but v nice.

In terms of what hotel. Just check trip advisor
                                                  Thanks lads that's good info.

Ideally I'd like a quiet apartment or house, access to a pool/jacuzzi that sort of thing and lots of good food and walking/swimming/sailing. Really it's just a chill out week of good food and healthy activities. We don't give a fuck about night life etc but a few good seafood restaurants would be nice.

Heading to Berlin in November for a few days for a bit of culture/sightseeing and trying out this winter sun chillax idea for something different to break up the winter.
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    V, this might be more up your alley than Gran Canaria?

Coppers announces it's first annual ski holiday

Details here

http://www.spin1038.com/page/1.74.41...nnual_ski_trip

I actually went to Andorra on a ski holiday a number of years ago. Never again!!

Next time I'm skiing it'll be Vermont or Italy/Austria I think. Definitely not a club 18-30 type place anyway.....Dom is the man for the skiing tips anyway...

Comment

I know a guy who lives over there Ollie. Will send on your list of demands and see what he recommeds

Comment

Has the Horsehead Elites 'Bullingdon Club' reputation made it hard for them to get a restaurant booking?
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                          Has the Horsehead Elites 'Bullingdon Club' reputation made it hard for them to get a restaurant booking?
                                                          Have you seen The Riot Club? You'd love it, especially the "I fucking hate poor people" speech.

Actually twice in the last couple of weeks at the cinema I've heard the song Solidarity Forever. Both set during the miners' strike, Pride and a showing of Billy Elliot the Musical (which was amazing btw, would recommend watching the DVD when it comes out next month).

Comment

Haven't posted here for 18 months.

Bumped into Lazare in Temple Bar the other week and he told me I was to start posting again.

Cliff Notes on the last year and a half?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post

Bumped into Lazare in Temple Bar the other week and he told me I was to start posting again.

Songs of the Year for the two years you missed plz.

Comment

Someone headbutted a woman.

What have you had for tea for the last 18 months?
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Some people had children, some people still act like children.

Comment

These Water Meter protest videos are more addictive than crack. So full of cringe its so funny.

One local protest had One Ambulance, 20 Guards and 3 armed detectives present with 4 arrests. Such a waste of resources.

The courts should make them dig the holes for the meters as community service for ultimate trolling!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Songs of the Year for the two years you missed plz.
                                                                      Pretty sure I put up 2012 before I went on my sabatical, will throw up 2013 if I get a chance this evening. 2014 is still a work in progress

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                      Someone headbutted a woman.

What have you had for tea for the last 18 months?
                                                                      Tough to list all of the 500+ teas but some of the favourites & regulars have been

Home Made Meatballs with Spag and Tomatoe Sauce
                                                                      Duck Breast & Stir Fry Veg
                                                                      Sushi
                                                                      Pizza
                                                                      Massamam Curry
                                                                      Pork Chops with Pear & Potatoe

Comment

What's the program or site that lets me open windows programs on a Mac

Comment

Good to have you back!!!
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                                                            What's the program or site that lets me open windows programs on a Mac
                                                                            How reliable do you want it? The best option is to run Windows in a VM using VirtualBox, but you'd probably need a licensed copy of windows and it will use lots of RAM.

The other option is Wine, but that's not very well supported on MacOS. The easiest to use free software is called Winebottler http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/. There's a paid version of Wine called Crossover that has a decent UI and support etc, but there may be a still be a bunch of stuff that won't work with it.
                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                              How reliable do you want it? The best option is to run Windows in a VM using VirtualBox, but you'd probably need a licensed copy of windows and it will use lots of RAM.

The other option is Wine, but that's not very well supported on MacOS. The easiest to use free software is called Winebottler http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/. There's a paid version of Wine called Crossover that has a decent UI and support etc, but there may be a still be a bunch of stuff that won't work with it.
                                                                              Want to run an Ipoker client. Haven't played there since I got a mac

Comment

ehrmagerd

Contains swearing. Seriously though Dave, thanks for legalising parody videos......LyricsI'm hardcore and I know the scoreAnd I am disgusted by the poorAnd ...
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                  *sigh*. I thought I have left these days behind me... It 12.30am here and I am in the library studying for a test in the morning. Why!!!!!

The test is theory test for the DMV so I am basically reading the rules of the road for the first time ever 😱
                                                                                  Aced it

Behind the wheel test is next Monday.

That is rediculously efficient. The whole application process is taking just over two weeks. If I remember correctly the process takes a hell of a lot longer in Ireland (about 4 - 6 months?)
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Aced it

Behind the wheel test is next Monday.

That is rediculously efficient. The whole application process is taking just over two weeks. If I remember correctly the process takes a hell of a lot longer in Ireland (about 4 - 6 months?)
                                                                                    What will you be driving?
                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

What will you be driving?
                                                                                      A car?

Comment

Hala PFC Ludogorets Razgrad

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                          Hala PFC Ludogorets Razgrad
                                                                                          Prediction 1-4
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Dont worry folks i reply to any call out even if it is against a little white guy who thinks he is a big black guy,,,,

Conor McGregor on Boards a few years back. Pity he didn't become a BBV reg.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
                                                                                              http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...56446232&page=

Conor McGregor on Boards a few years back. Pity he didn't become a BBV reg.
                                                                                              "winner takes the losers 2pac posters" hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                A car?
                                                                                                A Jeep?

This is fun.

Your go again.
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Hmm... Maybe in hindsight I didn't need to stay up late last night studying the rules. The test comprised of multiple choice questions. One of them was as follows...

If a peace officer indicate he wants you to pull over, do you...

A) flip the bird
                                                                                                  B) signal right and park on the hard shoulder
                                                                                                  C) speed up to 150 mph and head to the nearest state line

Comment

Steven Gerrard is completely done at this level.
                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Steven Gerrard is completely done at this level.
                                                                                                      Slippy G is his name.

Comment

Hmm... Maybe in hindsight I didn't need to stay up late last night studying the rules. The test comprised of multiple choice questions. One of them was as follows...

If a peace officer indicate he wants you to pull over, do you...

A) flip the bird
                                                                                                        B) signal right and park on the hard shoulder
                                                                                                        C) speed up to 150 mph and head to the nearest state line
                                                                                                        Dont keep us hanging ? wha was the correct answer ?

I have never driven stateside
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Gwan the Welbeck

Comment

Finkbrau nearly had proof, but technology failed us
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

You'd actually feel sorry for Mingolet there. I know he gets a lot of stick but he was very unlucky there. I'm glad I stayed away from the game in my accum.

Comment

Have faith in Conte that Balo will get nowhere near his next squad.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

The Australian learning disabled play is uncomfortable, deliberately so. Worthwhile though.
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Lambert would have been better than balo, muck
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                      Lads, suggestions on somewhere reasonably central in Dublin and cheap this Saturday please for a couple of lads? I'm up for "The Event" if any of ye are around for beer.
                                                                                                                      Anyone? Generator hostel near Smithfield was recommended but is full. Anywhere similar?
                                                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

You know you have made it when zod follows you down the street.

If i only knew how to use it now.
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                                          Anyone? Generator hostel near Smithfield was recommended but is full. Anywhere similar?
                                                                                                                          Think the four courts hostel is supposed to be ok
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X