Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont know anything about It, but looks like he barely hits him with any of those?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
      Dont know anything about It, but looks like he barely hits him with any of those?
      Take a hit behind the ear and come back to me, any knocks like that and yer man would be delirious.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        I've seen more believable Seamus fights.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          nvm, mixed up DJ Spider with DJ Spiral.

It would be awesome though.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Tipp87 View Post
            Restraining order says her haha just the tipp says me. I warned that groom I wouldn't been coming to that wedding alone. Anyway what do yis think of tinder as a name?
            More likely to use 'ya' or 'ye' than "yis".
            Think it's the bray in you trying to escape.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              First read that poster for the after fight party in LV as being with DJ Spiral, not Spider.
              Pity, would be class if McGregor had Spiral as part of his crew and he got to play the Bellagio.
              Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              nvm, mixed up DJ Spider with DJ Spiral.

It would be awesome though.
              You must be the only person that has AJ on ignore

Comment

Brilliant Reed
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Spent two minutes trying to set this up. Doesn't work. Go back to the original stream - "AND LETS TALK TO THE CHAMPION!!!"
                  Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  streams dropping all over the place
                  latest one here
                  http://hdfree.tv/bt-sport-1-live-stream.html
                  Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  cant see it, linkz
                  Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                  ugh stream cut out between end of round and got back just as fight is stopped
                  http://www.idntv.net/
                  but is slow for me

edit working well
                  Oleras link working grand at the moment.

The 23$ per minute stream
                  Worth every nickel.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Thanks for that. Managed to fall asleep on the couch 20 minutes before the fight started and wake up an hour later, clever lad.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      Brilliant Reed
                      Nice BBV'ing

Comment

He's such a supreme athlete.

As for the 'rigged' bollocks, I'd love people saying same to take that shot behind the ear and keep standing.

His post fight presser was great too.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          You must be the only person that has AJ on ignore
                          Skipped all the MMA drivel but the poster caught my eye. Apologies anyway AJ.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

As for the 'rigged' bollocks, I'd love people saying same to take that shot behind the ear and keep standing.
                            Yea, same shit after the Irish card, people that have never watched the sport before suddenly experts on what will and wont exhaust you, put you to sleep, hurt you etc.

Comment

Just watched the much talked about Breaking Bad Season 3 episode 'The Fly'.

SPOILER
                              It's been over analyzed really, it's just a cheap mid season 2hander for budgetary reasons. Such episodes can be good or bad, this one is poor enough imo despite people raving about clever lighting and such stuff.
                              Jesse is just not a strong enough character for it to have worked.
                              40 minutes of Walt and Saul would have been better imo, played as a comedy; or Walt and Gustavo for 40 minutes if they wanted to strike a serious note.
                              Walts 5 minute monologue about 'the time he should have died' is excellent though.
                              For shame man for shame.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I've seen more believable Seamus fights.
                                So wait... You are saying that this McGregor lad and Seamus who fights dressed up as a leprechaun are different people
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm back. What was my new title last night after kev got full?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    So wait... You are saying that this McGregor lad and Seamus who fights dressed up as a leprechaun are different people
                                    What

Comment

Originally posted by idiot 2 View Post
                                      I'm back. What was my new title last night after kev got full?
                                      Still showing up for me as your old name, glitch in the matrix maybe.

Comment

Still showing up for me as your old name, glitch in the matrix maybe.
                                        Idiot 2 is a bit insulting isn't it, surely I've earned the 1 title

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                          He's such a supreme athlete.

His post fight presser was great too.
                                          Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                          Yea, same shit after the Irish card, people that have never watched the sport before suddenly experts on what will and wont exhaust you, put you to sleep, hurt you etc.
                                          So what happened, was yer man out cold after the first clip behind the ear ?

Obv I know nothing about it and tbh could hardly bear to watch it but it looked to me other that than that first hit for all the punches that are thrown while the victim is on the ground and not even trying to protect himself McGregor manages to either miss him completely with punches that tbh if landed straight on probably would have actually killed the lad on the ground.

Looks like incredibly violent stuff, how are loads of people not killed at it

Comment

GMACCCCCCCCC!!!!!!! What a turn around? 3 down to win by 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                              Idiot 2 is a bit insulting isn't it, surely I've earned the 1 title
                                              Indubitably.

Comment

So what happened, was yer man out cold after the first clip behind the ear ?

Obv I know nothing about it and tbh could hardly bear to watch it but it looked to me other that than that first hit for all the punches that are thrown while the victim is on the ground and not even trying to protect himself McGregor manages to either miss him completely with punches that tbh if landed straight on probably would have actually killed the lad on the ground.

Looks like incredibly violent stuff, how are loads of people not killed at it
                                                About 15 seconds before the hit behind the ear shot, McGregor landed a solid left that rocked Poirier, I was surprised he was still standing after it but you could see he was gone at that point, McGregor knew it and Poirier knew it, it was just a matter of time. Then the next time McGregor hit him he went down easily.

Comment

It's not bare knuckle, the gloves do give some protection and the refs are generally good at stopping it quickly, some fighters also know when to stop but obviously you have to play the whistle to make sure you get the win. In MMA it's one knockout in a fight like that but plenty of tapout, decision wins etc whereas in boxing you are getting pounded by big gloves for 12 rounds being convinced to jump straight back up to take more punishement after going down.

Comment

Anyone who completely dismisses the potential for that fight to be rigged is delusional. Dress it up whatever way you want with but it was as soft a knockout as you're likely to see. McGregor is an absolute dream for UFC, probably the most marketable guy on the scene, an absolute model for such fixed fights to keep the bandwagon building. Not saying it was or wasn't but outright denial of it is lol.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Howler of a miss by Stenson on the last to half his match, could be pivotal.

Comment

It's this fight, his last fight and 3 or so of the Irish wins on the Irish card being questioned. How many fights in a row are you going to fix just because someone is marketable?

Comment

Anyone got a reliable stream for the Ryder cup? Even the acestreams are dropping off quite often.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                              Anyone got a reliable stream for the Ryder cup? Even the acestreams are dropping off quite often.
                                                              This has been ok so far
                                                              Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Fuck the BBV'ing, can't lose it now, great chip by Kaymer to close out his match and brutal chip by Mahon to hand the half point to Rose.
                                                                Last edited by gorrrr72; 28-09-14, 15:15.

Comment

Anyone who completely dismisses the potential for that fight to be rigged is delusional. Dress it up whatever way you want with but it was as soft a knockout as you're likely to see. McGregor is an absolute dream for UFC, probably the most marketable guy on the scene, an absolute model for such fixed fights to keep the bandwagon building. Not saying it was or wasn't but outright denial of it is lol.
                                                                  Ah stop

Comment

Have all his fights been rigged or just last night? How much do you think a #5 with a big reputation would want to punt his shot at the title? Would it be worth it to the UFC?

The UFC is a single organisation with streams of potential fighters and potential stories from the world over coming in every year. It definitely has refereeing issues and may have cut short / fast tracked fighters in the past due to commercial motivations but rigged? I doubt it. It's possible but I doubt it.

Moreover, if you actually were going to have a fighter take a dive why have him buckle like that, i.e. a way in which people with a lack of knowledge about fights and / or looking to detract could easily latch onto?

McGregor hit him with a big shot that rocked him, then caught him behind the ear less than a half minute later. Not the cleanest knockout, but a solid knockout nonetheless.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                      Ah stop
                                                                      He makes a fair point, could also add that any sports event that ties its success to the Las Vegas scene immediately exposes itself to the certainty of someone at least attempting corruption. There are reasons why none of the traditional Big4 sports ever consider a franchise in such a hugely moneyed city.

Comment

MMA driving boxing to extinction and rightly so.

Comment

Entertaining any thoughts of the UFC fixing fights is absolutely retarded. Simples.

Comment

Donaldson hits an incredible iron shot to 2 ft to win the Ryder Cup

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                              Donaldson hits an incredible iron shot to 2 ft to win the Ryder Cup
                                                                              ...Delighted for Donaldson...Was hoping it would be either him or Westwood (soft spot)...Europe have been fantastic in the foursomes, and have really ripped the Americans apart overall...Could be about a 7 shot victory the way things are heading...I have gotten the feeling from day one, that despite the talent USA have, they don't look like a team that play for each other (exception for the rookies), whereas Europe looked to play for each other...

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                It's not bare knuckle, the gloves do give some protection and the refs are generally good at stopping it quickly, some fighters also know when to stop but obviously you have to play the whistle to make sure you get the win.
                                                                                Do you think that McGregor was deliberately not hitting the guy on the ground because he knew he was beaten? You'd have to agree that to the untrained eye what happens after the knockdown punch does look a bit dodgy

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                MMA driving boxing to extinction and rightly so.
                                                                                Is the money in MMA as big as it was in boxing.

I suppose its just that it fills a void left by boxing leaves me simply to assume that it is as bent as boxing always was.

Comment

The entertainment network where videos and personalities get really big, really fast. Download Vine to watch videos, remixes and trends before they blow up.

stoolgate rages on
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Do you think that McGregor was deliberately not hitting the guy on the ground because he knew he was beaten? You'd have to agree that to the untrained eye what happens after the knockdown punch does look a bit dodgy
                                                                                    No, he's getting glancing blows onto a beaten moving opponent, it's not the easiest angle for him, remember he's not allowed hit behind the head either. On the one hand you are saying that these punches are missing but on the other you think someone could be killed? Every punch is going to hurt, moreso at heavyweight where a blow like the one that rocked Porrier would have put someone down.

There's a lot of money in the UFC but it trickles down to the fighters fairly badly, bonuses for fight of the night etc being best chance of a payday if it's not a main event. Payouts from one of the recent cards - http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/30/5...-las-vegas-mma

I guess it's actually better than boxing for the fighters in a lot of ways as the undercard is fairly popular whereas in boxing seems to be completely ignored.

Comment

Is the money in MMA as big as it was in boxing.

I suppose its just that it fills a void left by boxing leaves me simply to assume that it is as bent as boxing always was.
                                                                                      Not as much money as boxing at the top level but certain fighters can command a ppv % as well as their showwin fee and there are KO of the night bonuses etc. In the ufc franchise the ufc cant choose who the scorers are or who the ref's will be its completely out of their hands. The judging is so much more accountable for that there is hardly any rip offs ever. And the ones that are are arguable. For instance the most recent rip off that many cried foul was Pearson/Sanchez and even that wasnt wholesale imo. Ive been watching every card for the last about 3 or 4 years and the amount of questionable judging decisions you could count on the fingers if one hand. I even watch the 2nd division Bellator and local shows like Cage Warriors in the Helix when it comes around. Go to the Helix on New years eve and watch Cage warriors and then say you arent convinced!.
                                                                                      And there are rules plenty of them. Its a very pure sport imo and i havent really watched boxing reguarly since Bernhard Dunnes days.

Comment

How are people still listening to Droolwelpeter on anything to do with any sport he doesn't like or understand, spouting crappy rhetoric like it's gospel.
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Wwe wrestlers get as much money as those UFC lads.

Comment

Depends...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Depends...

Get in Werewolf

Comment

Khali can hardly stand up straight, lol at that money

Comment

UFC only discloses the show and win money as the commission has to know.

They write bonuses left right and center after every event. If you sell a PPV and perform well they will make you a very rich man.

WWE stars throw themselves around 4 days a week working non stop and cripple themselves. Doing that for less than a million a year is retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Idiot 2 View Post
                                                                                                    UFC only discloses the show and win money as the commission has to know.

They write bonuses left right and center after every event. If you sell a PPV and perform well they will make you a very rich man.

WWE stars throw themselves around 4 days a week working non stop and cripple themselves. Doing that for less than a million a year is retarded.
                                                                                                    Much better lolev in the wwe though
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

When you think about it American golfers are mechanics just like their tennis players. They come from the school of you do it this way you dont do it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by idiot 3 View Post
                                                                                                        Much better lolev in the wwe though
                                                                                                        A lad from Bray signed for them recently. Meant to be the next big star.

Comment

Some comeback from the Cork ladies in the football
                                                                                                          Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

UFC is a phenomenal sport. It's so brilliantly primeval.
                                                                                                              I've always been a fan of fighting, I guess martial arts more than ufc as it didn't exist, I did a couple of Karates. Bruce lee was a hero.
                                                                                                              Dude fucks up his back, is told he will never kick again and fucking learns to walk in a handstand and fight again.
                                                                                                              Him demonstrating the one inch punch was so cool. (guy was injured for days staying at home from work)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

“Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a half minutes per mile]. So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.” I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.” He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.” I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.” So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out. I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him, “Bruce if I run any more,” –and we’re still running-”if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.” He said, “Then die.” It made me so mad that I went the full five miles. Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?” He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”
                                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 28-09-14, 17:06.

Comment

Name change request to Idiot 1 now that it is available.

ty

Comment

I'm always more interested in looking at a 30 - 60 year window
                                                                                                                  What are the things that appear normal or acceptable to us now that will shock our grandchildren?
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  Probably buying bits of dead animals in the local supermarket for a start.
                                                                                                                  Add watching two men beating each other for sport to this.

Comment

Almost beer o clock, spirit store beckons. Never seen sinnerboy before, hard to beat a bit of rory gallagher music though to wash down sunday pints.
                                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                      Almost beer o clock, spirit store beckons. Never seen sinnerboy before, hard to beat a bit of rory gallagher music though to wash down sunday pints.
                                                                                                                      Sinnerboy is/are very good. I saw the main fella do a solo gig once with about 50 people in the audience and it was awesome. From what I hear the full band is excellent too.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X