Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The backup savings balance gave me a chuckle Hitch. Straight out of my savings plan.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
      Thinly veiled I have loadsaccounts inc a share juan.
      Regarding cereal, you'll need to top up another couple of doses every few hours, it's like heroin.
      Herobrek.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Sigh!

SPOILER
        Thinly vieled not living in overdraft brag.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          We've recently taken to making our own granola for breakfast. Nuts, seeds and honey in a blender to blitz a bit and mix, then roast in the oven for about 20 mins on a low heat, stirring to make sure it's evenly toasted. Add milk (using almond milk at the minute as on a bit of a health kick), fresh fruit and raisins in the morning then and you've got a tasty, fairly healthy and hearty breakfast.

Downside is that it's pretty expensive to make relative to cereal.
          My mother is always making it, gets the nuts and some sort of fruit in lidl and its not that expensive. Have to eat it woth youghurt though!
          airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

'special flakes' from lidl
              coco pops are sound
              do ricycles exist anymore? Nice as a rarity, special occasion.
              oatabix if feeling healthy
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

We've recently taken to making our own granola for breakfast. Nuts, seeds and honey in a blender to blitz a bit and mix, then roast in the oven for about 20 mins on a low heat, stirring to make sure it's evenly toasted. Add milk (using almond milk at the minute as on a bit of a health kick), fresh fruit and raisins in the morning then and you've got a tasty, fairly healthy and hearty breakfast.

Downside is that it's pretty expensive to make relative to cereal.
                Look at you, you big veggie you.
                Try agave syrup instead of honey some time, it's freakin amazing.

I must try and make your granola, cheers.

Comment

Anyone know the history of cereal and how it came to be such a prominent breakfast food in this part of the world? Same with toast. Cereal and/or toast have to objectively seem like really bad choices for your first meal of the day.

I assume toast is historically linked to heading to bakeries at 6am in France or something like that? When/why/how'd cereal get such a good rap though?
                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

This bad boy always looks very tempting on the shelves.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

saw that yesterday for the first time actually. Looks like it'd be impossible for it not to taste awesome.
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                        Anyone know the history of cereal and how it came to be such a prominent breakfast food in this part of the world? Same with toast. Cereal and/or toast have to objectively seem like really bad choices for your first meal of the day.

I assume toast is historically linked to heading to bakeries at 6am in France or something like that? When/why/how'd cereal get such a good rap though?

Was primarily marketed in America as an effective method of preventing masturbation. Dude also popularised cirumcision for the same reason.
                        Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 24-09-14, 10:49.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Someone linked this last week, its a good read

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That sounds class. Imagine its much more expensive than regular cereal all right, but a highly decent breakfast. Does the honey not make it stick to the blender though, or you just put that in towards the end?
                            Nope, you only put enough honey in to make it sticky, not congealed.

The things we have in it this week are walnuts, Almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds as well as the honey.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            My mother is always making it, gets the nuts and some sort of fruit in lidl and its not that expensive. Have to eat it woth youghurt though!
                            Nuts are bloody expensive in general. This breakfast won't be a daily thing by any means but it's on the rotation.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            Look at you, you big veggie you.
                            Try agave syrup instead of honey some time, it's freakin amazing.

I must try and make your granola, cheers.
                            Far from veggie, although the breakfast is very much in your line of food. It's very easy to make anyhow, just make sure you don't over bake it.

Comment

Just got my OnePlus One and setting it up at the moment, it's so sweet
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Need to know what else is on rotation at 5Star Manor.

Comment

Need a line check for PT in Dublin, what would people consider average hourly price?
                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                    SPOILER
                                    Catwoman, Poisen Ivy, Joker who else, alfred and the waynes of course ?

I thought it was pretty good as comic book drama, liked the nod to the comics also.

That question that bullock asks gordon near the end is the fundamental one though !
                                    SPOILER
                                    The Riddler, Edward Nigma was one of the people working in the police department at the start, obviously slipped with Penguin. As for Joker you talking about the comic doing the stand up?

Donal Logue is a pretty decent actor but he was iffy in this, Ben McKenzie as James Gordon will be in my good graces for awhile after he killed it in Southland.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn lined up for True Detective season 2, hmmmm.
                                    Colin Farrell was ok but after all the garbage Vince Vaughn has been in lately I'm a little sceptical on that front.

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...Ah, I got him mixed up with someone else sorry...I am from drimnagh...And I am off work for 3 months since about 3 weeks ago...This happened before I was out of work...
                                    Must've missed the thing about work, hopefully nothing serious?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                      Need to know what else is on rotation at 5Star Manor.
                                      Some lovely home made soup and small side salad (with meat) for lunch. Dinner last night was roast beef, carrot and parsnip mash with cauliflower. Dinner tonight will be a few pints and chicken wings. Not a by the book night tonight.

A few weeks of quasi paleo (I don't lift though) with the odd bad day is my current M.O.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                        SPOILER
                                        The Riddler, Edward Nigma was one of the people working in the police department at the start, obviously slipped with Penguin. As for Joker you talking about the comic doing the stand up?

Donal Logue is a pretty decent actor but he was iffy in this, Ben McKenzie as James Gordon will be in my good graces for awhile after he killed it in Southland.

?
                                        SPOILER
                                        Yes, meant penguin instead of the joker
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Just got my OnePlus One and setting it up at the moment, it's so sweet
                                          Keep an eye out for any invites going if you dont mind. Small review in a few days would be cool too.

Comment

Some lovely home made soup and small side salad (with meat) for lunch. Dinner last night was roast beef, carrot and parsnip mash with cauliflower. Dinner tonight will be a few pints and chicken wings. Not a by the book night tonight.

A few weeks of quasi paleo (I don't lift though) with the odd bad day is my current M.O.
                                            Thanks for this. I'll add it to the database.

Comment

Fuck lifting Dom. Food, sleeping and walking will yield a lot of results. When you get vain you can start lifting.
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Sigh

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                      Keep an eye out for any invites going if you dont mind. Small review in a few days would be cool too.
                                                      The invite thread on boards.ie has stopped but people are still giving out whatever invites they have left, try and snag one over there.

Comment

Bacon and eggs is the king breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                          Bacon and eggs is the king breakfast
                                                          Clearly you are unfamiliar with its older brother steak and eggs the true king of breakfasts

Comment

How would that compare with how you used to eat before wife-to-be?
                                                            Believe it or not, almost all food based ideas in our place come from me. I'm trying to cut out a lot of the crap for a few weeks and her idea of a change in diet involves eating very little on specific days, so I'd rather do it a way where I won't starve. I've been back in the gym a few times a week for the last few months but due to my poor enough diet lost barely anything. In the first week of this one I've lost nearly 3 kg.

I'm not under any illusion I'm undergoing a V4V lifestyle change, but I'm happy to try it for a few weeks anyhow now and then to reach my goal for a while. I like my crap food too much to give it up permanently, so I'm resigned somewhat to the yoyo results.

Comment

whats this from

Comment

my Nexus 5 seems to be on the blink. Basically, any call i receive starts out fine then becomes this alien gibberish noise. if you can remember the radio sequence in dune where they are picking up a message and are trying to decode it, well that's what it sounds like.

anyway, spoke to Google and looks like they'll be sending me a new one very shortly.

on a side note, off to do an app coding course tomorrow. am genuinely very excited about it!!

Comment

whats this from

community

Comment

Believe it or not, almost all food based ideas in our place come from me. I'm trying to cut out a lot of the crap for a few weeks and her idea of a change in diet involves eating very little on specific days, so I'd rather do it a way where I won't starve. I've been back in the gym a few times a week for the last few months but due to my poor enough diet lost barely anything. In the first week of this one I've lost nearly 3 kg.

I'm not under any illusion I'm undergoing a V4V lifestyle change, but I'm happy to try it for a few weeks anyhow now and then to reach my goal for a while. I like my crap food too much to give it up permanently, so I'm resigned somewhat to the yoyo results.
                                                                    FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

Im blue in the face trying to tell people what you have figured out for yourself. For most people just cutting out the crap will yield massive results. To be fair healthy food is nice too people just have to get out of a convenience mindset.

The 5-2 diet seems to be a new thing and is lolworthy. Basically people are miserable for 2 days a week because they over indulge the other 5. whereas its the exact same as someone who just eats normally for 7 days a week and avoids the crap. At the end of the week both parties have likely consumed the same calories but I know which way I'd be happier doing

Comment

The invite thread on boards.ie has stopped but people are still giving out whatever invites they have left, try and snag one over there.
                                                                      Not a member over on the other place and from a quick google for the thread says I have to have over 50 posts.

This website http://oneplusoneinvites.net/ seem legit?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                        my Nexus 5 seems to be on the blink. Basically, any call i receive starts out fine then becomes this alien gibberish noise. if you can remember the radio sequence in dune where they are picking up a message and are trying to decode it, well that's what it sounds like.

anyway, spoke to Google and looks like they'll be sending me a new one very shortly.

on a side note, off to do an app coding course tomorrow. am genuinely very excited about it!!
                                                                        Which IDE will you be using, Eclipse or IntelliJ?
                                                                        Prob the latter
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                          community

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                            Which IDE will you be using, Eclipse or IntelliJ?
                                                                            Prob the latter
                                                                            I'll let you know tomorrow

Comment

FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

Im blue in the face trying to tell people what you have figured out for yourself. For most people just cutting out the crap will yield massive results. To be fair healthy food is nice too people just have to get out of a convenience mindset.

The 5-2 diet seems to be a new thing and is lolworthy. Basically people are miserable for 2 days a week because they over indulge the other 5. whereas its the exact same as someone who just eats normally for 7 days a week and avoids the crap. At the end of the week both parties have likely consumed the same calories but I know which way I'd be happier doing
                                                                              Ya that's the stupid one she's on about. I told her I'd be eating normally if she's doing that. I haven't had bread, dairy or potatoes in the last 10 days or so, and while I don't miss them particularly, I miss the convenience, especially with sandwiches. Obviously properly bad food is a bigger leak and I've cut that out too except for a square of 70% chocolate a day.

Comment

FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

the sindo gave over the front page and a good chunk inside last sundays paper drooling over the 5 2 diet. As sure a sign as any that its complete horseshit

Comment

That diet is so retarded, the point of a diet is to keep it up forever, it's not a diet it's a life change or you go back to the same way again. Who is going to keep that up for decades? Your approach is much better, better eating with some splurges.

After you stop having things like bread, chocolate etc for a while you lose the addiction to sugar. But I won't be giving things like that up 100%.

Comment

Ya in a while I will start eating some of that stuff but will hopefully reach a reasonably happy medium still keeping aspects of the more disciplined approach. I'd blame my cold on th change in diet but who ever got sick by eating more fruit and veg?

Comment

I'd rather die early than cut out sandwiches
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Ya in a while I will start eating some of that stuff but will hopefully reach a reasonably happy medium still keeping aspects of the more disciplined approach. I'd blame my cold on th change in diet but who ever got sick by eating more fruit and veg?
                                                                                        Ah thats the carb flu, its actually a thing afaik.

its the drink that sets me back, when im drunk ill eat all around me, and im drunk most nights.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Haha true enough, I go through kg after kg of veg every week and never felt better. I noticed after stopping eating sugar, veg started to taste better, and some of them have become quite sweet to me, really was eating too much sugary shite. Make ye feel crap and ye don't even know it.

The discipline is really the main thing to to keep in mind. I don't care if I have a takeaway or crisps or beer if I'm eating all the other good stuff most of the time.

I'd rather die early than cut out sandwiches
                                                                                          RIP
                                                                                          Tombstone will note the love of the body of Christ.

Comment

At the end of the day the same basic principal to weight loss remains the same i.e. you need to burn more calories than you take in. Now obviously its very hard for the fitness industry to make money off that principal so they need to disguise it with bells and whistles. Much like the way vegas is always trying to come up with fancier ways for you to do the loots.

Anyway if someone wanted to be scientific about it just work out what you are burning every day and pick a reasonable amount of calories below this - the recommended is 500 but I dont see any harm in stretching that a bit once you aren't too miserable and eat that much.

As far as food choices go I think that should be up to the individual where possible. After awhile (if they want to stay within their daily limit) they will see that a Mars bar = a 50g bowl of pasta = a 400g piece of sausage wrapped in bacon More often than not the healthier food choice will leave you feeling fuller for longer. The only reason I avoid a lot of carbs is because I think there are better volume : calorie foods out there that wont leave me feeling as bloated. I also want to keep my blood sugar and hormones reasonably level but thats another discussion.

Really considering endocrinology as a career leaning on treating diabetes and the overweight problem we have. So much misinformation and lobby groups to get through though

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              Can anyone recommend somewhere in Dublin for Yoga? Hatha yoga.

Just having that wonderful annual tradition at this time of year whereby I decide I want to do something that involves classes that have started literally a few days beforehand. It's uncanny.
                                                                                              Some class starting in my gym in kilmainham start of october, 120E.
                                                                                              Nor sure what hatha yoga is to answer that. (no idea if it's good or not there either)

Comment

@5star that's the keto flu! Can be quite nasty but its literally just a withdrawl

@Tar its amazing what can happen when you clean up your diet. For example I now find 85% dark chocolate lovely with a cup of tea in the evenings. On the flip side I was hungover last Saturday and feeling like shite so I asked my girlfriend to get me a can of coke from the shop. I had about 2 mouthfulls out of it and had to put it down and got that horrible feeling in my teeth after. hard to explain

Comment

...

Comment

Haha true enough, I go through kg after kg of veg every week and never felt better. I noticed after stopping eating sugar, veg started to taste better, and some of them have become quite sweet to me, really was eating too much sugary shite. Make ye feel crap and ye don't even know it.

The discipline is really the main thing to to keep in mind. I don't care if I have a takeaway or crisps or beer if I'm eating all the other good stuff most of the time.

RIP
                                                                                                    Tombstone will note the love of the body of Christ.
                                                                                                    You still take care of a curry cheese coleslaw chip when ya visit home shirley?
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I linked that to you already hitch, shows how much you care hmf!
                                                                                                      I've read the ingredients of everything I have bought for a decade. That thing you think is healthy, it's not

Yeah BK, I know what you mean. You just don't want it any more as your body isn't addicted to it. It's not used to it any more. Things like sweetcorn or grapes taste ridiculously sweet to me now, let alone sweets.

I note how much more energy I have now, go to the gym 5 times a week etc. Before I was falling asleep after lunch, now I'm the opposite. Sugar was such a roller coaster of feeling high and then crashing. My chest also feels way less congested after stopping dairy but that's another story.

Comment

You still take care of a curry cheese coleslaw chip when ya visit home shirley?
                                                                                                        ah of course, straight into the 4 lights

Comment

@5star that's the keto flu! Can be quite nasty but its literally just a withdrawl
                                                                                                          That's an actual thing? Lots of people in work have colds it seems, so I was just putting it down to that.

Comment

ah of course, straight into the 4 lights
                                                                                                            It has to be done, but I know you meant to type the happy eater there
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Was just joking about the 4 lights, every time I get off the train/bus home I meet my father, he asks do you want some chips, it's straight into the happy eater as is tradition.

Comment

I linked that to you already hitch, shows how much you care hmf!
                                                                                                                I've read the ingredients of everything I have bought for a decade. That thing you think is healthy, it's not

Yeah BK, I know what you mean. You just don't want it any more as your body isn't addicted to it. It's not used to it any more. Things like sweetcorn or grapes taste ridiculously sweet to me now, let alone sweets.

I note how much more energy I have now, go to the gym 5 times a week etc. Before I was falling asleep after lunch, now I'm the opposite. Sugar was such a roller coaster of feeling high and then crashing. My chest also feels way less congested after stopping dairy but that's another story.

Had 2 donuts and a cup of tea for breakfast. How am I doing?

Comment

whats this from

Watch the show

FUCKING BRILLIANT!!

Stumbled across this guy Casey Neistat the other day while watching his video and the iPhone 6 HERE (worth a watch) and went back through some of his YouTube videos and found this.

An OpDoc for the New York Times. Original posting and statement here; http://nyti.ms/WHJFPYSpecial Thank You to Dr. Rising, Ping and Dr. Pi-Sunyer as well a...

Comment

My chest also feels way less congested after stopping dairy but that's another story.
                                                                                                                    Yeah this is very common. Most lactose intolerant people notice a significant reduction in snottiness after they quit. I didn't, unfortunately. Stupid asthma.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Watch the show

Stumbled across this guy Casey Neistat the other day while watching his video and the iPhone 6 HERE (worth a watch) and went back through some of his YouTube videos and found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE2lna5Wxuo
                                                                                                                      Calories on packaging over here tends to be reasonably accurate I find but I did notice that dude bought a lot of process and/or premade stuff. Its far more accurate to test raw ingredients as you can account for things such as cooking oils etc

If people are interested I suggest you check out these subreddits. They are good info for the most part, are very active and will give you some new ideas. I will say that none are perfect by themselves as there tends to be bias in all of them but if taken together they are a great resource

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/ Probably the best one in terms of overall wellness but they do focus a lot on what you lift rather than losing weight and getting shredded but still decent

http://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/ more of a motivational side of fitness and a lot of people religiously using MyFitnessPal. Here is where you see some new fad diets and noob questions like "I have plataued does that mean I am putting on muscle?" but not a bad resource

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/ These guys are big followers of low carb lifestyle. I dont really use it that much but handy for looking up new recipe ideas

Comment

Young cunt wizard from live game yesterday; "Nice check" (implying I was being nittish and missed a bet)

Hero; "Nice combover"

Never seen a man tilt so spectacularly.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

saw that yesterday for the first time actually. Looks like it'd be impossible for it not to taste awesome.
                                                                                                                          You'll enjoy these so. They don't last pissing time in our house though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X