This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
    lads any chance you could do a brother a favour and stop with the quoting...

I have this done for a reason as should you all
    Dunno, I'm never sure how to react to this kind of stuff IRL either. Saying nothing or ignoring it here or anywhere else doesn't seem quite right either.
    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Dunno, I'm never sure how to react to this kind of stuff IRL either. Saying nothing or ignoring it here or anywhere else doesn't seem quite right either.
      Oh no... I did this MONTHSSSS ago
      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
        Oh no... I did this MONTHSSSS ago
        I think Keane posted an app before that also deletes the quoted bits IIRC.

Comment

Where would you like that $10 Hitch, paypal or pokerstars any use?
          Let's make it $11 this time next year?
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Possible pints at the RDS Craft beer thingy in early September.

Comment

Possible pints at the RDS Craft beer thingy in early September.
              Just go to a pub like a normal human. Or get cans.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                Just go to a pub like a normal human. Or get cans.
                See my tag line.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  Not BBV's best day.
                  I believe that barometric pressure can affect moods. I very occasionally get a barometric headache which is related to changes in atmospheric pressure. You know those days when someone might say "The clouds are very low today", "There's no air moving at all today", "It's very heavy today".

I noticed this headache on Saturday and knew it was due to the air pressure. I have also not been in a good mood for the past 5 days and feel an oppressiveness about the air. I don't feel clear, breezy. I feel a pressure on my head, uncomfortable with it, antsy.

I have watched for a number of years, when I have noticed this air effect on me, to see if it affects other people. I started doing this when I was in a class in which everyone was incredibly lethargic and low mood, but the lecturer was wonderful and didn't understand the low energy and lack of enthusiasm. I was certain it was the effect of air pressure.

Now when I say air pressure I think it is air pressure in a context of other weather factors. I have read a little bit about it, mostly in relation to the relationship between weather and migraines (not that I get them thankfully). But I know next to nothing about it.

I'm sure many of us have experienced the barosinusitis pain that can result from the change in air pressure when our plane drops in altitude to land. That feels like a bloody stroke for me sometimes.

Anyhoos, I believe that this change in air pressure stuff affects mood. I know that it does for me, and unscientific observation on my part suggests to me that it might be a thing.

tl;dr Posters kicking off because of the air pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    I got a portion of mine back after i got on to him a couple of times. He was meant to give me x amount a week, but this lasted 2 weeks, and then i got a couple more over the next couple of months and then that was it. I'd need to check PMs to find out how much he still owes because i've no clue at this stage.
                    I got the sob story, met him a few times / drink etc and sent him €200 .....last I heard

stopped me sending help to other requests I had by PM which prob saved me money.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                      I got the sob story, met him a few times / drink etc and sent him €200 .....last I heard

stopped me sending help to other requests I had by PM which prob saved me money.....
                      Fook i was going to ask you about deep water trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        When we went on our holiday to Devon we booked an apartment that had a £50 damage deposit to be paid. Once we left the apartment we received an e-mail from holiday lettings to say one thing we don't need to worry about is getting back the damage deposit and it would be refunded in 10 days if the owner reports no damage.

I was in contact with the owner since and I asked her which way the deposit was refunded and she said paypal. She said not to worry on that account as she signalled there was no problem and it would be refunded.

We left the apartment on the 2nd of August and haven't received it back yet. I emailed her and asked about it and she has failed to answer.

What is my play? or do I write it off?
                        Had a prob myself for €150 deposit this year where they said payment wasnt received but it was gone from my account. I emailed them all details but was getting no where. I then went to bank and got them to print out and email me a copy of the transaction showing that it was cashed and by whom. I sent them email from bank and said I would be taking action if it was not repaid which would include 'expenses' etc ..was repaid within 24hrs after weeks of wrangling

all dealins are done with holiday lettings btw

Comment

See my tag line.
                          See you in Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                            See you in Sept.
                            See you next Tuesday. Messing, you're not.

Think I might be working at it for a bit, need to see what the craic is, will be in touch if it's a runner.

Comment

Can anyone link the post he made the grovelling apology in pls?

Comment

Just watched a ridiculous hand in the PCA Main Event ~10 places off the money. On Ch4+1 now.

SPOILER
                                Average stack is 200k

Vanessa Selbst has 219k
                                Rojas has 392k

Vanessa opens to 6.5k with AA
                                Rojas 3bets to 14.5k from LP
                                Vanessa makes it 31.2k
                                Rojas makes it 64.5k
                                Vanessa shoves 219k
                                Rojas calls with KQo

Madness

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                  Fook i was going to ask you about deep water trolling.
                                  Are we talking fast trolling minnows for trout, slow trolling dead baits for pike or fast trolling Kona Heads for Marlin?

Comment

Are we talking fast trolling minnows for trout, slow trolling dead baits for pike or fast trolling Kona Heads for Marlin?
                                    River trolling lower suck depth from 10-25feet.
                                    Pike on the hit list.
                                    Find it bit boring myself prefer having a lure rod but can cover lots of ground trolling.

Comment

Does anyone know how I can watch shows on the BBC player and Channel 4 player? Like MOTD, the FL Show and the poker. Don't have Sky and won't be getting it anytime soon either. I use the RTE player to watch the Sunday Game and sports so would need an easy way to reset the VPN or proxy or whatever. ty

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        Can anyone link the post he made the grovelling apology in pls?
                                        Forum for offering stakes to people, or for selling a % of yourself for an event.

Just realised it was the Premierleague predictions contest and it was only €240. Obviously only part of overall scam, but surely he could have paid that amount in order to tap "live ones" for longer?

Comment

Bored earlied on, I googled best trolling. Some real fucking gold found, all old so possibly seen by most on here before.

Comedian got twitter followers to text their partners saying "I haven't been fully honest with you..." and then ignore all texts/calls for the next hour.

Predictably, some hysterical reactions.

A guy who trolls craigslist ads is the real find though, genuinely tears of laughter at some of the exchanges.

Comment

Just watched a ridiculous hand in the PCA Main Event ~10 places off the money. On Ch4+1 now.

SPOILER
                                            Average stack is 200k

Vanessa Selbst has 219k
                                            Rojas has 392k

Vanessa makes it 31.2k
                                            Rojas makes it 64.5k
                                            Vanessa shoves 219k
                                            Rojas calls with KQo

Madness
                                            Ya watching it, farryboy went hu vs Tom Hall in a 500 buy in in Luton, only had something like 80 runners though

Comment

It was mentioned the other night on here about a 700 game that's on in Bewleys I think in October , can't find the thread, anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                It was mentioned the other night on here about a 700 game that's on in Bewleys I think in October , can't find the thread, anyone?
                                                I posted the link. Fionn and CPT are running it http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ad.php?t=19278

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                  Does anyone know how I can watch shows on the BBC player and Channel 4 player? Like MOTD, the FL Show and the poker. Don't have Sky and won't be getting it anytime soon either. I use the RTE player to watch the Sunday Game and sports so would need an easy way to reset the VPN or proxy or whatever. ty
                                                  Get the Hola extension

Ya watching it, farryboy went hu vs Tom Hall in a 500 buy in in Luton, only had something like 80 runners though
                                                  Yeah played against him a few times myself. He's over here quite a bit.

Comment

Get the Hola extension

Yeah played against him a few times myself. He's over here quite a bit.
                                                    Just seen that KQ hand, watching it on +1, wtf was he at, on the bubble and all, muppet

Comment

Get the Hola extension
                                                      ty FD but I'm a complete techno-phobe. Is it just a simple case of downloading Hola and then watching MOTD?

Comment

ty FD but I'm a complete techno-phobe. Is it just a simple case of downloading Hola and then watching MOTD?
                                                        Ya, you just use the Hola unblocker, you have an option to turn it on or off, obviously you turn it on.

Comment

Ya, you just use the Hola unblocker, you have an option to turn it on or off, obviously you turn it on.
                                                          Yeah just download it as an extension on Chrome, and when you're on BBC, it will switch to UK and you can watch the content. Same with ITV player if you (your missus) wants to watch Coronation Street or whatever. Just stick in a random London postcode or something if you're asked. You'll be able to switch to US aswel which is great for accessing US Netflix.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                            Average stack is 200k

Vanessa Selbst has 219k
                                                            Rojas has 392k

Vanessa makes it 31.2k
                                                            Rojas makes it 64.5k
                                                            Vanessa shoves 219k
                                                            Rojas calls with KQo

Madness
                                                            don't have pokerstove on this comp, but what kinda range do you need to be up against for KQ to be a +cEV call? Being so near the bubble only accentuates the madness.

Just saw on FB the new Rose of Tralee. What's the story with the winner being announced on a Tuesday night? I suppose marketing research has found farmers watch the telly on Tuesdays the most.
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Yeah just download it as an extension on Chrome, and when you're on BBC, it will switch to UK and you can watch the content. Same with ITV player if you (your missus) wants to watch Coronation Street or whatever. Just stick in a random London postcode or something if you're asked. You'll be able to switch to US aswel which is great for accessing US Netflix.
                                                              tyvm guys. Will try that when I get home

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                River trolling lower suck depth from 10-25feet.
                                                                Pike on the hit list.
                                                                Find it bit boring myself prefer having a lure rod but can cover lots of ground trolling.
                                                                something like this will prob work http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ8xq1_p_l0

you can also use a 3 way swivel with a rapala on 3ft leader coming off one eye of treble and a small toby/spoon off other eye with 1ft leader and obv third eye goes to rod. The rapala goes deeper and looks like its following the spoon/toby. You need to know depth of water is constant or use shallow diving lures

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post

Just saw on FB the new Rose of Tralee. What's the story with the winner being announced on a Tuesday night? I suppose marketing research has found farmers watch the telly on Tuesdays the most.
                                                                  I could be wrong but afaik, the festival runs on the same dates every year. A bit like Puck Fair. I think Puck is the 9th, 10th and 11th of August every year and the Rose is whatever it is. Should be banned though, such an outdated concept. Or at least have them in bikinis to try and modernise it a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                    don't have pokerstove on this comp, but what kinda range do you need to be up against for KQ to be a +cEV call? Being so near the bubble only accentuates the madness.
                                                                    He needs to call ~155k to win ~290k, so would need about 35% equity (if my maths is right)

Whatever about her opening, or 4bet range, her 6bet shoving range into a guy that has her covered this close to the bubble in a 10k event is fairly nutted. Even including some hands she might not play that way, and the odd bluff, he's still not getting the price

Equity Win Tie
                                                                    MP2 69.84% 69.38% 0.46% { QQ+, AQs+, 98s, 87s, AKo }
                                                                    CO 30.16% 29.70% 0.46% { KQo }

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just seen the video of that US journalist being beheaded. I wasn't under know illusion that they'd make it fast on compassionate grounds. But I foolish thought they'd make it easy for themselves. Big swoop, big knife.
                                                                        Nope. The guy pulls out a pocket knife and hacks away.

Comment

Jesus, don't think I'd be able to watch that even if I wanted to. Is it confirmed as him?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              Really - with a pocket knife? ffs
                                                                              That's commonly how they do it I think
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Fuck me, I've never watched any of those videos and don't plan to.

I'll do that for free hitch, I only noticed it earlier but didn't care as I have sigs turnef off.
                                                                                Is having sigs on nit -lifeEv?

How come you no want your loots? I can wait till the paycheck runs out and bolster your next Lidl life bankroll 'this is all I have to survive till 'x' spree if you like. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                  Jesus, don't think I'd be able to watch that even if I wanted to. Is it confirmed as him?
                                                                                  It faded out and and back to a shot of his severed head. Looked legit to me. I don't see how faking it would be worth the hassle.
                                                                                  I was going to link it here, with a NSFW warning, but maybe its best to leave it out.

Really - with a pocket knife? ffs
                                                                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                    Just seen the video of that US journalist being beheaded. I wasn't under know illusion that they'd make it fast on compassionate grounds. But I foolish thought they'd make it easy for themselves. Big swoop, big knife.
                                                                                    Nice one. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

It's all over the news, not sure how you couldn't be aware of the ISIS and this kinda stuff.

Comment

Morhei is class.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

It's all over the news, not sure how you couldn't be aware of the ISIS and this kinda stuff.
                                                                                            Only old people look at news.

Comment

I made the stupid mistake of watching one of those about ten years ago. Fucking horrible, the noise the body made was worse than the visuals of it, making me squirm now thinking of it.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

Probably Daniel Pearl, that was a big one.
                                                                                                  No, it was a Japanese journalist.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      If some random newbie made this comment they would be perma banned and rightly so.
                                                                                                      Would they?
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

Any particular industry you're planning to unjustly attack today?
                                                                                                          Thinking of going after the shrinks.

Pressure's for tyres.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            Thinking of going after the shrinks.

Pressure's for tyres.
                                                                                                            HR . Do HR!
                                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Disturbing NSFL video of James Wright Foley Beheading

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Fuck that ^^^

Never watching those things.

In much friendlier news, trip to Bray anyone?

Comment

Imagine paying 500 quid a month to live in Bray. Passed through it recently, doesn't give a great impression
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Tries to use the gas for only 5 hours a day because it is connected to wars.

Apparently Wicklow Town 30km away is in ''The Neighbourhood''.

No cruel eating in the house. Its Speciesism.

Calmest cat in Ireland.

Bedroom is actually in the sitting room. A curtain closes it off after sunset.

Going to egg that house.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      HR . Do HR!
                                                                                                                      do not get me started
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

ARMAGAYDDON - Written By Tara Flynn & Kevin McGahernIn Association With LGBT NoiseA LIKE:MINDED PRODUCTION - www.likeminded.ieDirector - Martin GaughanProduc...

Comment

Had a prob myself for €150 deposit this year where they said payment wasnt received but it was gone from my account. I emailed them all details but was getting no where. I then went to bank and got them to print out and email me a copy of the transaction showing that it was cashed and by whom. I sent them email from bank and said I would be taking action if it was not repaid which would include 'expenses' etc ..was repaid within 24hrs after weeks of wrangling

all dealins are done with holiday lettings btw
                                                                                                                          I didn't see an address for them, if you can PM me details I will get on for them. The only address I had was a noreply one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X