Scoop 6 €15k+ Syndicate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    Jesus the poker economy in Ireland will get some boost if we ship.
    Judging by this thread its fcked if we don't

Comment

In for one share sending online now with AIB.
      I have your bank info.
      Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Could someone explain in simple terms what this thread is about please? I may be interested. I have no clue what ye are investing in.
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

€250 sent with my name/username as a ref

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
            Could someone explain in simple terms what this thread is about please? I may be interested. I have no clue what ye are investing in.
            No need for explanation we are all only investing because of crippling FOMO.
            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Just send Rob €125 and then count your winnings on Saturday evening

Comment

Some people who know about horses are gonna pick a load of horses in 6 races - the Scoop 6. Normally this is a losing prospect, but the jackpot is so big at the moment that it's +EV to play it. If we can pick all 6 winners out of our combination of horses, then we'll be loaded. If we can get 6 places, we'll make a amount of money. If we don't get at least a place in each race, then we're all destitute.
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

We all give money to the people we follow blindly on the each way thread anyway
                  Those same people pick multiple horsies for 6 races over the weekend
                  We need to have a winner from our selections in ALL 6 races
                  Simples
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                    Just send Rob €125 and then count your winnings on Saturday evening
                    Visions of Rob here Saturday evening dunno bout ye

Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      Some people who know about horses are gonna pick a load of horses in 6 races - the Scoop 6. Normally this is a losing prospect, but the jackpot is so big at the moment that it's +EV to play it. If we can pick all 6 winners out of our combination of horses, then we'll be loaded. If we can get 6 places, we'll make a amount of money. If we don't get at least a place in each race, then we're all destitute.
                      Is it based on one person picking the winner of all 6 races? So if I pick all winners , ye all get money too?

Just pick all favourites no?
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Is it based on one person picking the winner of all 6 races? So if I pick all winners , ye all get money too?

Just pick all favourites no?
                        You won't be picking anything. People who know a hell of a lot more about racing than you and me (wouldn't be hard) will pick horses. We may as a group win up to 10m, but chances are we will get a bit of money (but not a profit) or else lose all the dough. I'm still not sure what's going on, but I wanted in.

If all favs win then the prizepool will be split among those who picked all the favs, and chances are there would be a decent few of them, so less money each. Our 15k is a small drop in the ocean in terms of amount of money punted.

Comment

Shipped €250 for 2 Ref Marked as c.corbett

Comment

In for 1 Stake please.
                            PM bank details and Smurph will transfer funds as she has AIB account.

Comment

Bank details please rob, will be getting someone to ship for me so will attach my username as reference

Comment

Serious thanks to Rob and HiCloy for stepping up, and of course to BCB for marketing the shit out of it in the BBV knowing the degen in all of us would grasp at the idea with knobbly hands.

To be honest though, the best part of scooping all this cash is gonna be the meetup and boozefest when we bingo.
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

1 share plz

Comment

Imagine the lottery with a 10 million rollover but instead of picking 6 numbers we have to pick 6 horse winners, the more money in the pot the more horses we can pick in each race.

Comment

The funniest bit will be doing this all over again next week should it roll.

Comment

1 share pls

Comment

I will take another share, shipping for both now.

Comment

This thread is like an epidemic! Sick amount of money in the kitty, gl!

I know nothing about horses, but what is the best tactic for this? Will you be loading the first couple of races (or more horse picks in bigger fields), or spreading picks out evenly? I'm not really even sure i get it.

If you collect ~€17k (~£14k) then this can buy you 7000 lines, so you pick a combo of horses in each race that uses up all your lines, e.g 6x5x5x4x4x3 = 7200 perms.

Is that the general jist?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

If you collect ~€17k (~£14k) then this can buy you 7000 lines, so you pick a combo of horses in each race that uses up all your lines, e.g 6x5x5x4x4x3 = 7200 perms.

Yeah pretty much

Comment

I'm aware I'm 45 minutes late , it seemed the site was down for a bit while I was trying to confirm. Would appreciate it if I could get in for 1 share. If not it's understandable and no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by LTL View Post
                                                  I'm aware I'm 45 minutes late , it seemed the site was down for a bit while I was trying to confirm. Would appreciate it if I could get in for 1 share. If not it's understandable and no problem.
                                                  + 1 on site being down. 1 share if possible .No probs if too late. GL to all involved.

Comment

Anyone started doing work on races?
                                                    This should give idea of the madness involved, I expect this race to be included anyways
                                                    Started with first horse and couldnt rule out,

If anyone wants my donkey work on open office excel which includes hyperlinks to each racingpost horse form, let us know

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                      The funniest bit will be doing this all over again next week should it roll.
                                                      Nice of you to volunteer
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

250 shipped from an AIB account.

Comment

Only seeing this now , there is absolutely no way of me getting funds to you on time so i will just wish you all the best of luck on saturday .

Comment

€125 shipped.

Comment

Late entry request if possible please. 3 shares. If too much hassle no bother. Can deposit direct into AIB tomorrow.
                                                              Last edited by 72over; 14-05-14, 01:39. Reason: moar shares
                                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

as the site was down last night, i will leave this open til 10am this morning.
                                                                I will post a latest update regarding shares booked and paid shortly.

good work on the horse analysis poprock, that kinda sheet could be very useful.

I will change the payment deadline to a strict midday on Thursday, all funds must be in my account by then.

This is important to ensure I can get all the funds onto the totes account in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  This thread is like an epidemic! Sick amount of money in the kitty, gl!

I know nothing about horses, but what is the best tactic for this? Will you be loading the first couple of races (or more horse picks in bigger fields), or spreading picks out evenly? I'm not really even sure i get it.

yes, pretty much this.

Comment

there are currently 139 shares booked.
                                                                    this comes to a total pool of €17,250.
                                                                    of this, 77 have been paid, of these payments, 75 have been reflected on the spreadsheet, one person has paid 250 for 2 shares without putting in their name, pm if you think that may be you !
                                                                    Last edited by Norwichfanrob; 14-05-14, 05:49.

Comment

250 sent to your AIB acc. Rob.

Joe O D.

Comment

Shipped it to you there Rob. Good luck us
                                                                        International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Cheers for all the hard work, Rob! I don't think anybody was expecting this kind of turnout. We all owe you a drink whatever the outcome, that's for sure.
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Money was just lodged

PM sent

Comment

Last edited by Norwichfanrob; 14-05-14, 10:49.

Comment

latest position above re cash received, please note, ive received 85 shares, 83 have been reflected in the table, 1 person bought 2 shares under the reference that wasnt there name or ID, so if you think this is you and your payment should have reached me by now but isnt reflected above, let me know.
                                                                                  Last edited by Norwichfanrob; 14-05-14, 10:50.

Comment

Funds shipped just there Rob.

I had limited characters using the kiosk, had to use my initial. It's Conor in case you didn't know.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I'm sure a lot of ye have seen this before,billy walters one of the most successful gamblers of all time(football/basketball)but the principles remain the same,he speaks here in a very rare interview,there's a few hints in there where he speaks about cross-contamination(5min in-5.min30sec),where he says "they dont know each other,they dont talk to each other,the only common denominator is me",(he is the master),my suggestion is that the 'horsie heads' that what to do the donkey work ,send their selections along with their reasoning via pm to our master+advisor,if they choose to use them,then fine,if not then so be it,their decision is final.(thats if they agree to this),what we dont want is lads kicking the shit out of each others selections/thought process,the time frame is just too small,we have a decent pot here,might as well give it our best shot.

@ gab,what time would the last scoop 6 bet be accepted(just to know our time frame)

Las Vegas sports betting legend Bill Walters has never had a losing year - a winning a streak that's made odds makers call him the "most dangerous sports bet...
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

€125 sent , ref- KeithC

Comment

Someone should make a TV show out of this thread.... can you imagine us all sitting in a pub at the last race with a chance....

And we could make a movie out of it if Rob did a runner with the winnings....we would get 100 million for that story if we sold it to Hollywood...

Comment

Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                                                                                            Someone should make a TV show out of this thread.... can you imagine us all sitting in a pub at the last race with a chance....

And we could make a movie out of it if Rob did a runner with the winnings....we would get 100 million for that story if we sold it to Hollywood...
                                                                                            I can organise a nice spread in the Irish Sun. Consider it done as soon as you all send €125 each to my Pokerstars account

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                                              I'm sure a lot of ye have seen this before,billy walters one of the most successful gamblers of all time(football/basketball)but the principles remain the same,he speaks here in a very rare interview,there's a few hints in there where he speaks about cross-contamination(5min in-5.min30sec),where he says "they dont know each other,they dont talk to each other,the only common denominator is me",(he is the master),my suggestion is that the 'horsie heads' that what to do the donkey work ,send their selections along with their reasoning via pm to our master+advisor,if they choose to use them,then fine,if not then so be it,their decision is final.(thats if they agree to this),what we dont want is lads kicking the shit out of each others selections/thought process,the time frame is just too small,we have a decent pot here,might as well give it our best shot.

@ gab,what time would the last scoop 6 bet be accepted(just to know our time frame)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FAUQ6SFKM
                                                                                              Agree with this!! If there was any horses I actually liked I had planned on sending a pm

Also... in case there are a few horses I really like which are not selected(obviously will be fair but I'm stubborn), is it possible to do this by yourself in a normal bookies? I don't have a betting bank account anymore so can't create a tote etc and 10mill sounds very lovely
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                Agree with this!! If there was any horses I actually liked I had planned on sending a pm

Also... in case there are a few horses I really like which are not selected(obviously will be fair but I'm stubborn), is it possible to do this by yourself in a normal bookies? I don't have a betting bank account anymore so can't create a tote etc and 10mill sounds very lovely
                                                                                                I think you can do it in powers

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post

Have played the super trifecta on sundays with the tote in the local paddy power,would think you could do the same with the scoop 6.
                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Norwichfanrob View Post
                                                                                                    there are currently 139 shares booked.
                                                                                                    this comes to a total pool of €17,250.
                                                                                                    of this, 77 have been paid, of these payments, 75 have been reflected on the spreadsheet, one person has paid 250 for 2 shares without putting in their name, pm if you think that may be you !
                                                                                                    Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    250 transferred Rob, my name and 5star is the reference. Should hit your account tomorrow at the latest.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                                    €250 sent with my name/username as a ref
                                                                                                    Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                                    Shipped €250
                                                                                                    Seem to be the a few 250's who have posted and are unmarked but roadsweeper seems the likely candidate but I'd wait a bit for transfers to come through to be certain as I'm just rambling really

also, 'Anyfatbastard' is uttely brilliant
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Heh, I didn't even notice.

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6FAUQ6SFKM
                                                                                                        Disagree with this. There's a completely different reason for no communication there, they are just agents who put bets on. Not sharing knowledge in this case would be to everyone's detriment.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                          Disagree with this. There's a completely different reason for no communication there, they are just agents who put bets on. Not sharing knowledge in this case would be to everyone's detriment.
                                                                                                          Indeed. Mere 'beards', I think the term is in the US!

Comment

What are the last 2 digits of the bank account that deposited with no reference Rob?

Comment

Shipped for 2.

IPB Name and First name.

Thanks again Rob.
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I know HiCloy has agreed to help with the picking of horses but has he agreed to be "Master"?

Comment

Shipped for 3 shares.

PM sent

Thanks for organising.

Comment

I will be attaching an up to date table in a minute.
                                                                                                                    A couple of people have paid for 3 and 2 shares respectively, when they had only booked 1, I have allowed this and updated the table accordingly.

The unknown 250 payment is as follows:

GTSDSCT1413314KC SCOOP €250 (no other information)

Comment

Comment

I had only booked 1 but shipped for 3 in the end.

Comment

Transferred on line this morning.Hopefully gets to u tommorrow or at latest fri morning.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X