This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
    The pre-auth is standard, but your bank can definitely wipe it. I had the same happen to me with Budget in Canada and did a charge back. I think they'll be liable for replacing the tyres though as they're probably considered a wear item, and they'll say that you should have inspected the car and refused to take it if there were any obvious defects.
    Their bank (Bank Of Scotland Halifax) told them that they can't do a cancellation or charge back and that if Hertz want to push the transaction through, they can. I thought that was strange. As for the tyres, who ever has checked all 4 tyres in the car. If could have been at the bottom when the car was parked. If the mechanic can confirm that the steering is not lined up properly, then surely that's the reason? They only drove about 30 miles since they got the car and literally zero chance that happened on the trip. They seem like a bunch of robbing wankers

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      wish i had the balls to put my life savings on cena there.
      max bet €150....oh yes
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Their bank (Bank Of Scotland Halifax) told them that they can't do a cancellation or charge back and that if Hertz want to push the transaction through, they can. I thought that was strange. As for the tyres, who ever has checked all 4 tyres in the car. If could have been at the bottom when the car was parked. If the mechanic can confirm that the steering is not lined up properly, then surely that's the reason? They only drove about 30 miles since they got the car and literally zero chance that happened on the trip. They seem like a bunch of robbing wankers
        Obviously no one checks the car fully, but that unfortunately is their way out. You might be onto something with the steering but again that's something that can come on if you hit a bump in the road. Car rental is an absolutely scummy business, simple as that.
        I had to write a letter to BoI asking them to do the chargeback; afaik they don't like doing it but they definitely can, but maybe only after the actual transaction has been made, rather than on pre-auths.

Comment

Obviously no one checks the car fully, but that unfortunately is their way out. You might be onto something with the steering but again that's something that can come on if you hit a bump in the road. Car rental is an absolutely scummy business, simple as that.
          I had to write a letter to BoI asking them to do the chargeback; afaik they don't like doing it but they definitely can, but maybe only after the actual transaction has been made, rather than on pre-auths.
          Defo a scummy business alright. How are 2 x 65+ year olds meant to know if a tyre is worn or not! Will see how it goes anyway. Cheers for that Zu

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
            I'd say nothing will come of it, but it would be absolutely hilarious (purely on a personal level) if every great Spanish sporting success of the last decade had been as a result of doping.

I think I'd become a real-life troll and start walking around in a Spain jersey with a syringe hanging out of my arm.
            Like apparently the doc on trial is only allowed discuss his cycling clients but has freely admitted before thats these only make up 30% of his sporting clients and has said he worked/works with teams from Spains top two football divisions/high profile tennis players. If this trial drums up enough media attention there's surely going to be huge pressure on them to reveal the other clients although I'm sure the legal ramifications would be massive if any cover up was exposed so it may take years before we actually know the full extent of this.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Did someone here actually pay real money to watch a kiddies wrestling show on TV

I know that there has been some discussion about this before and it doesn't seem to matter that its scripted like a bad episode of Mrs Browns Boys ...actually there is little or no difference between the two in presentation and structure. But to hand out €25 to watch it live GTFO

as for the rest....Pro Wrestling is less fixed than Horse Racing
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                Yeah this happened was pretty gay considering how well he was playing he'll get that huge score eventually though

Edit: he also had a flush draw on the flop aswell to make it worse
                thanks man. was a case of too many outs would of been partytime if i got that stack but yeaaaah next time

Comment

The pre-auth is standard, but your bank can definitely wipe it. I had the same happen to me with Budget in Canada and did a charge back. I think they'll be liable for replacing the tyres though as they're probably considered a wear item, and they'll say that you should have inspected the car and refused to take it if there were any obvious defects.
                  The cars steering alignment is out. Not something that can happen when driving. The inside of the tyres damages and the mechanic said he is surprised they hadn't busted. The only way at an inspection you could have seen is if they turned the steering to inspect the inside of tyres.

Mechanic has said the car is not safe to drive.

My parents did not sign for a pre authorisation or anything. Just signed for a lesser amount should it come back damaged. They did not do a chip and pin either.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      Like apparently the doc on trial is only allowed discuss his cycling clients but has freely admitted before thats these only make up 30% of his sporting clients and has said he worked/works with teams from Spains top two football divisions/high profile tennis players. If this trial drums up enough media attention there's surely going to be huge pressure on them to reveal the other clients although I'm sure the legal ramifications would be massive if any cover up was exposed so it may take years before we actually know the full extent of this.
                      This is the problem though. The Spanish media have absolutely no interest in unmasking their sporting heroes as frauds, and neither does the Spanish government.

Sporting success is about the only feelgood factor in Spanish society right now, and it carries strong significance politically. They won the World Handball cup yesterday playing in Barcelona. The success of the football team is often cited as an example of what a united Spain can achieve. Nadal is a Catalan-speaking nephew of a former Barcelona captain who is a huge Real Madrid fan.

Sport, and more importantly sporting success as the Spanish are as fickle as the French in this regard, is a huge part of society and they will definitely try to avoid dragging it through the mud.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                        This is the problem though. The Spanish media have absolutely no interest in unmasking their sporting heroes as frauds, and neither does the Spanish government.

Sporting success is about the only feelgood factor in Spanish society right now, and it carries strong significance politically. They won the World Handball cup yesterday playing in Barcelona. The success of the football team is often cited as an example of what a united Spain can achieve. Nadal is a Catalan-speaking nephew of a former Barcelona captain who is a huge Real Madrid fan.

Sport, and more importantly sporting success as the Spanish are as fickle as the French in this regard, is a huge part of society and they will definitely try to avoid dragging it through the mud.
                        Le Monde ran with Dr. Feuntas's allegations against Real/Barca and got fined for libel when it transpired he didn't have the evidence/lists he'd claimed to have.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Le Monde ran with Dr. Feuntas's allegations against Real/Barca and got fined for libel when it transpired he didn't have the evidence/lists he'd claimed to have.
                          The French press would love for some major dirt to be uncovered. About a year and a half ago a French satire programme (a bit like Spitting Image) did a load of skits about how Nadal, Casillas and others were on drugs. A fairly vicious tit-for-tat media war followed, and the French anthem was booed when the two played in Madrid in November.

Comment

Was Keanes run thing yesterday?
                            Is he still alive or should I do a whip round for a wreath?
                            They'd probably get more out of a ham.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

No way will Hitch manage to feed himself and the family for 500 a month consistently. Better to set a realistic but attainable target of 800 rather than building failure into the plan.

17 euro a day for all food including lunches (excluding dinners out as you might class those under entertainment) for 3 people? For Hitch?? BBV collective is crazy wrong on this imo. Do you really think he's going to spend hours a week selecting the best value produce? Hours cooking and prepping in advance? Not buying in Spar shops or having lunches? Crazy unless Mrs Hitch is a penny saving demon.

MrsV cooked all our dinners for the work week this weekend as she does most weekends. We still spend more then 500 a month and I'm excluding most lunches I have out as they are mainly a work cost to my mind and the Mrs gets lunch free in work.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Oh I didn't include daily lunches in my estimation. That was just purely tesco/butcher.

100 a week in Tesco, 20 in Butcher. Pretty reasonable no?

Comment

Want to read Chd's weekyly shopping.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                      They'd probably get more out of a ham.
                                      He has another week to live... get sponsoring him everyone, then you won't feel so bad when he dies.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        No way will Hitch manage to feed himself and the family for 500 a month consistently. Better to set a realistic but attainable target of 800 rather than building failure into the plan.

17 euro a day for all food including lunches (excluding dinners out as you might class those under entertainment) for 3 people?
                                        I have a jar in which i put £200 in it every friday and that covers all food bought as well as coal, wifes fags and the odd bottle vodka and kids lunch money.

500 for food only is not a problem as long as one spends wisely and uses food wisely, no waste.

As i stated re portioning a chicken which gives 3 meals excluding veg for £6

I also have just made this morning a wheaten loaf which will do for 3 days for lunch with a bit of jam or on the side of a small egg mayo / prawn salad

I dont eat out ( last time was 3 months ago) apart from taking kids to macs the odd time and wife prepares a homemade lunch for work

I make my own pizzas using bought bases and my own burgers by mixing a bit of stuffing with mince and binding with egg.

I also if veg is starting to go make a big pot of soup and freeze it in portion size pots

Loads of other things you can do

No problem making 500 do you for food

You are too posh

Comment

Oh I didn't include daily lunches in my estimation. That was just purely tesco/butcher.

100 a week in Tesco, 20 in Butcher. Pretty reasonable no?
                                          Maybe I'm wrong but when he said food budget for the month I took it as food costs for the month (excluding an entertainment budget if any).

I bet even at 100 in tesco and 20 in the butcher you're spending more than 500 a month and you just don't notice it.

And you say that €100 includes nappies and beer/wine?? So you're spending something like less than €15 a day??

So €6 each per day plus €3 for the kid?? Well if you only include breakfast and dinner costs that's achievable but lunches, snacks and even the very rare takeaway and food wastage has to be factored in.

Plus you'd need to be organised, disciplined and prepared to devote quite a bit of time to it. Is the Hitch family really going to do that in one step?
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

My shopping used to be 150 ish a week in tesco .changed to aldi a month a go and it usually comes to 90 .deffo can be done no problem.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Yeah I'd say the stuff you don't notice adds to it, like the sliced pan and milk in the shop etc.

Comment

Yeah I'd say the stuff you don't notice adds to it, like the sliced pan and milk in the shop etc.
                                                I only buy one sliced pan and one 2litre milk during the week.
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                  How do ye only go through 2 litres of milk a week? There's 4 of ye isn't there..At least 8 litres here between 3 of us in our house. That's a good week
                                                  Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 28-01-13, 14:41.
                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

V, seeing as you are in da house, give me some examples of low-carb meals. Trying it out this week as I am interested in this boundless energy that you all claim to have. Fucking starving now obv.
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                      I have a jar in which i put £200 in it every friday and that covers all food bought as well as coal, wifes fags and the odd bottle vodka and kids lunch money.

500 for food only is not a problem as long as one spends wisely and uses food wisely, no waste.

I also have just made this morning a wheaten loaf which will do for 3 days for lunch with a bit of jam or on the side of a small egg mayo / prawn salad

I dont eat out ( last time was 3 months ago) apart from taking kids to macs the odd time and wife prepares a homemade lunch for work

I make my own pizzas using bought bases and my own burgers by mixing a bit of stuffing with mince and binding with egg.

I also if veg is starting to go make a big pot of soup and freeze it in portion size pots

You are too posh
                                                      The bolded bits are I suggest the difference between yourself and Hitch.

He's not spending that sort of time preparing and he has two adults having lunch outside the home during the week.

It'll be interesting to see how he gets on but this chorus of €500 per month, easy easy, is crazy and setting him up for failure imo.

As for me being posh .....my own food bills are pretty reasonable but a bit different to the mainstream since we rarely buy processed food and we're pretty good at cooking and freezing and very rarely waste food. Also we don't snack on sweets etc just some cheap dark chocolate and nuts/fruit or some homemade almond flour or coconut flour baked goods (sourced cheaply in the Asian food market). Even still because we do tend to source quality ingredients we wouldn't be living that cheaply.

We are saving a good bit on medical bills though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                        We go through 2l of milk every day

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post

You are too posh
                                                          Yes but when you take the exchange rate of £1 = €17 you are spending a lot more

Comment

Started cutting down myself, I'm kind of really bad with money, eat out alot, dont drink much which is a plus I think!

Have 100e a week for college but definitely have come to the realisation that it's way too.much, so gf is taking 50 a week off me now, got by on 65e last week including travel shopping etc so pretty happy with that!

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                              How do ye only go through 2 litres of milf a week? There's 4 of ye isn't there..At least 8 here between 3 of us. That's a good week
                                                              Paging Dr Freud

Dr Freud to the bbv please

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                V, seeing as you are in da house, give me some examples of low-carb meals. Trying it out this week as I am interested in this boundless energy that you all claim to have. Fucking starving now obv.
                                                                I'm not going to clog the place up with this as people are bored to fucking tears with it. I'll send you an e-book and an email with my go to recipes.

The key to making the transition easy is to eat plenty of good quality fats and eat whenever you are hungry. Don't be worrying about set meal times until your body has transitioned over.

Comment

How do ye only go through 2 litres of milf a week? There's 4 of ye isn't there..At least 8 here between 3 of us. That's a good week
                                                                  I use slimline milk and the small carton does me for the week. Colm is only here two days and only has a drop in coffee in the morning. Miss hormonal won't eat breakfast so it's only Mia that has it on cereal in the morning .
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I would say €200 a week is what we spend on food (myself, the wife, and 8 year Old and an 8 months old) and that's the absolute minimum. One take away per week included. You never really take into account all the 10 or 15 quids you spend on more milk/bread and those things.

Comment

Paging Dr Freud

Dr Freud to the bbv please
                                                                      Fixed my post now. I really have to start checking my posts for glaring mistakes and dopey comments

Comment

How do ye only go through 2 litres of milf a week? There's 4 of ye isn't there..At least 8 litres here between 3 of us in our house. That's a good week
                                                                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                          I swear I wasn't looking up milf porn at said time

Comment

It hit a few different phones in our house within minutes on Saturday night I was going to call it back but when I figured out it was Slovenia I left it.

Can they really charge you premium rates dialling into what appears to be a standard Slovenian number?
                                                                            Dunno, how do you know it's a non-premium number?

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                            Meh, I'd rather spend time improving my standard game.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I get through 3L a week.

Chocolate milk obviously.
                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

500 notes of food? i was spending that on cigarettes 3 months ago.

weekly grocery would come in at 150+, cleaning and toilette products would push that up once a month. Butcher would be separate. Daily bread and milk would throw more onto that. Food aint cheep Hitch. Give yourself 800 a month imo.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                  Dunno, how do you know it's a non-premium number?
                                                                                  when I googled the first 6 digits you get a selection of ordinary looking Slovenian businesses.

Comment

when I googled the first 6 digits you get a selection of ordinary looking Slovenian businesses.
                                                                                    All very strange, they're targeting 087 prefixes and seem to have a broad variation of phone numbers to call from. I'd say the network providers are chasing and blocking them maybe? Some people's return call get through and some seem blocked.

Comment

€500 seems very doable for a monthly budget. I,d be a bit over that feeding 5 people, no booze in that as I rarely drink at home. One kid is still in nappies and has two bottles of formula a day, so apart from that only food shopping.

Roast chicken is the nut purchase feeds the family and then I make stock out of the carcass, bones and skin. Normally the stock is used for a rissoto along with the chicken removed from the carcass. Boiling a ham supplies a dinner plus a few days lunches for the kids. Once a month I get a duck instead of the chicken, which gives me fat for roasting pots for the month, as well as the risotto/stock. Its much much nicer risotto from the duck stock. Buy your pots in 10kg bags, bread/batter chicken fillets (sliced) for homemade gougons , make your own chips.
                                                                                      There is tonnes of ways to make your money go further when it comes to food it just requires a bit of work.
                                                                                      Est spend for us is €60 p/w in superquinn, €40 p/w in tescos and €60 p/2w in aldi. Meats I buy 90% of the time in superquinn and usually its ham, chicken breasts, burgers, full chicken and something for Sunday roast ( whatever they have on special that week).
                                                                                      48

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                        €500 seems very doable for a monthly budget. I,d be a bit over that feeding 5 people, no booze in that as I rarely drink at home. One kid is still in nappies and has two bottles of formula a day, so apart from that only food shopping.

Roast chicken is the nut purchase feeds the family and then I make stock out of the carcass, bones and skin. Normally the stock is used for a rissoto along with the chicken removed from the carcass. Boiling a ham supplies a dinner plus a few days lunches for the kids. Once a month I get a duck instead of the chicken, which gives me fat for roasting pots for the month, as well as the risotto/stock. Its much much nicer risotto from the duck stock. Buy your pots in 10kg bags, bread/batter chicken fillets (sliced) for homemade gougons , make your own chips.
                                                                                        There is tonnes of ways to make your money go further when it comes to food it just requires a bit of work.
                                                                                        Est spend for us is €60 p/w in superquinn, €40 p/w in tescos and €60 p/2w in aldi. Meats I buy 90% of the time in superquinn and usually its ham, chicken breasts, burgers, full chicken and something for Sunday roast ( whatever they have on special that week).
                                                                                        How are your bowels?

Comment

How are your bowels?
                                                                                          regular
                                                                                          48

Comment

...
                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                              hmm so €500 sounds like it might be unrealistic! Might have to increase the pay if want to save that €800 a month
                                                                                              Open up some new income streams. Get the kid working. She's got tax allowances going unused.....

Comment

regular
                                                                                                Solid?
                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

hmm so €500 sounds like it might be unrealistic! Might have to increase the pay if want to save that €800 a month
                                                                                                  You lecture in finance, and the solution hasn't occurred yet?

Sell grades FFS!
                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                    Solid?
                                                                                                    Just right
                                                                                                    48

Comment

WP Raoul, missed that when first read. LOL.

Comment

How are your bowels?
                                                                                                        About every 3 days and sometimes with blood.

Comment

O2 question.

Anyone every tried to break a contract with O2. I have a bill pay and I'm told I signed up to July this year. I probably agreed it over the phone but never signed anything. Trying to get out of it as I am switching network and basically told no problem once I pay everything up to July.

Any outs??

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker\'s Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                            According to Bord Bia, the average Irish household spent €1,244 on food over a 12-week period last year year. This equates to a weekly spend of €103.66 or a yearly cost of €5,390.
                                                                                                            Should be easily doable if you plan carefully, shop wisely and put a bit of work into meal preparation.

Planning you meals and lunches before you shop for the constituents is the key. People shop out of habit and hope they can throw the stuff together to make meals later in the week. Only buy what is on your list when you get to the shops.

You have to prepare you own lunches the night before also.

If I was refunded for all the rotten fruit and veg, out of date meat, dairy and other products we binned in the last couple of years I\'d be able to pay for a nice family holiday.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                              Planning you meals and lunches before you shop for the constituents is the key. People shop out of habit and hope they can throw the stuff together to make meals later in the week. Only buy what is on your list when you get to the shops.
                                                                                                              Tesco home delivery helps with just buying what you need.
                                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

€500 a month is very realistic. However as pointed out by V4V it requires preparation, dedication and sacrifice.

Our average monthly groceries (last 15 months) are €380 for 2 adults. This month we spent €260. It requires you bringing your own lunch to work, having breakfast before you leave the house, bringing your coffee to work and cutting out snacks.

It's very doable imo, but the most important part is the preparation and commitment to it. If that's lacking you'll find yourself spending €160-200 a month on lunches, €100 a month on coffee/snacks and €xx on takeaways.
                                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                  Take 2 paracetamol and I'll see you in the morning. NEXT!

Comment

Just right
                                                                                                                    If your motion was a weather forecast would it be

A) windy
                                                                                                                    B) warm and dry
                                                                                                                    C) thundery
                                                                                                                    D) risk of flooding.
                                                                                                                    E) small craft warning.

Comment

If your motion was a weather forecast would it be

A) windy
                                                                                                                      B) warm and dry
                                                                                                                      C) thundery
                                                                                                                      D) risk of flooding.
                                                                                                                      E) small craft warning.
                                                                                                                      SPOILER

Ah I see you are on about the process rather than the final product.
                                                                                                                      Carry on.
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The milf bought and left a toothbrush at my place without passing comment on it.
                                                                                                                        I recall the Finn doing the same.

This seems to be the female way of announcing that they believe you are now in a relationship of some substance?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                          I told you to stop eating glass.
                                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X