This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Going to be going to GlowGolf in Amsterdam next week. Should be interesting when enhanced with local substances.

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      He was a good General but I don't think anyone seriously thinks he stands up there with Alexander the Great, or Hannibal etc.

Even in the 2nd world war he wouldn't be at the top of the list of great generals (who were all Russian)
      its hard to compare Alexander or Hannibal to Rommel considering we have no hard facts of what they were like. Being in the modern era Rommels campaigns are recorded in detail. BTW what russian generals? I always like reading about WWII stuff

Comment

11-100k for Magdalene Laundry survivors with no obligation on the church to contribute to the fund. Not much for all those lost childhoods and indentured servitude. Oh, and a medical card, what a sham.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

The correct answer is Napolean for Austerlitz.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
            Oh hello.
            Would you Like to dance?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              its hard to compare Alexander or Hannibal to Rommel considering we have no hard facts of what they were like. Being in the modern era Rommels campaigns are recorded in detail.
              So were Alexander and Hannibals.

BTW what russian generals? I always like reading about WWII stuff
              Zhukov is numero uno.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                What time does the main Holdem game start in the Fitz and is it still PL? Is it any good?
                Yeah still PL. Kicks off at around 6.30-7 ish most days. Re it being good-absolute Lottery. Poka3playa plays it quite a bit and buys in for a million and never EVER folds, sometimes works up the oldies who seem to get a hard on for playing pots with him. Really depends on who is in the game, worrying influx of non-gambly shrewd Asian types (didnt think they exsisted) and all the guys who were really terrible are not as bad anymore.
                Game can sometimes be amazing but you need to bink that before you even start worrying about how you are going to run over aprox 300 hands if you really hang tough. Levels of rungood.

Comment

Dublin supremacy.

You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I think I better move out of Dublin soon, it's getting to the stage where I don't mind seeing them win
                    airport, lol

Comment

Alexander the Great should have been called Alexander the Class.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Going to be going to GlowGolf in Amsterdam next week. Should be interesting when enhanced with local substances.

So going to that! Off to amsterdam soon, and throughout the next few years to visit gf. The new local.

Try this, it was pretty cool, good actors, audience participation and a little rollercoaster ride thingy at the end.

The Amsterdam Dungeon wekt schrikbarende, waargebeurde verhalen tot leven in een unieke, interactieve ‘walkthrough’-show. Durf jij het aan?

EDIT: also the cruise (night time is nicest) all you can eat/drink wine & cheese is really good. Mostly because of all the wine, cheese and glee of being on a boat.
                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 26-06-13, 18:17.

Comment

This video all over my facebook again for some reason.

Nevertheless it's still brilliant.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

oh no, Fed just gone 2-1 down

Comment

Lloyd really went and BBV'd Wimbledon with all that predicable talk.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                He was a good General but I don't think anyone seriously thinks he stands up there with Alexander the Great, or Hannibal etc.

Even in the 2nd world war he wouldn't be at the top of the list of great generals (who were all Russian)
                                If having total disregard for life and equipment is your measure of greatness the soviets win hands down.
                                Some of the stalling battles the germans did on the eastern front were magnificent when facing an overwhelming and seemingly endless number of men and machines.

Comment

its hard to compare Alexander or Hannibal to Rommel considering we have no hard facts of what they were like. Being in the modern era Rommels campaigns are recorded in detail. BTW what russian generals? I always like reading about WWII stuff
                                  Konev Zhukov Khruschev- became premier himself and Kennedy nearly started world war 3.

Comment

no love for General Giap?
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                      Lloyd really went and BBV'd Wimbledon with all that predicable talk.
                                      Looks in real trouble now.

Comment

God damn circus music for both countries.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Lucky boy...

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                            This video all over my facebook again for some reason.

Nevertheless it's still brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_SDTzIZzTM
                                            The end haha

Comment

what a shot for mini break

Comment

Did someone say Wimbledon was predictable?
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Well Andy, no pressure. Weight of a nation, best chance ever, odds on favourite and other such things.

Comment

Guy's missus is just spectacular.

Comment

It's mostly about the eye spacing. She's an absolute oil painting.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                        Did someone say Wimbledon was predictable?
                                                        yes, I did.

on the bright side, it just makes Murray's inevitable crumbling all the more hilarious

Fed still the GOAT obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          Guy's missus is just spectacular.
                                                          Almost standard for tennis guys! So many ridiculously hot partners.

Stakhovsky had to save a match point vs the Irish no.1 (~240 in world) only a couple of months ago! Some performance today.

Comment

Very enjoyable alright. Match wasn't too bad either.
                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Comment

Novak will win Wimbledon, pretty sure of that, although strangely enough he's in the tough half of the draw all of a sudden.

Comment

The screaming/grunting in the women tennis is really offputting
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      I'd imagine you could do it in a macro and assign a hotkey to the macro but it seems fairly time consuming to do something so arbitrary.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Because GRRM is working on the series (writing an episode a year, + continuous meetings with the producers) I doubt any of the changes are important regarding the future of the series.

What the changes/merges have definitely done is drive a stake through some of the more lunatic fan theories. Its hard to stick with a theory of how minor character XYZ is going to turn out to be mega important if the TV people drop said character without a mention.
                                                                        Yeah this. The TV series has killed a couple of bizzaro theories i.e.

SPOILER
                                                                        OMG Gendry is so hot he should be King

But everything else is pretty much intact. As for GRRM rewriting the story he would have written, I think Iago is greatly underestimating how much control he has over the TV show. David and Dan want to tell his story, but they're doing it their way. They have shown more than enough respect for the source material so far that they should be trusted to keep things tight.

As for George's motivations - between the death of Robert Jordan and the ending of Lost, he has returned to it with renewed vigour, and I believe him. Book 5 was all about moving the pieces into the right places, book 6 will have some serious plot progression.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Cameras were doing a similar job for her as the Sky Sports cameras do for Darts player Kim Huybrecht's girlfriend.

Comment

Following on from last night's list of kommendable Krauts, in the interests of balance I hereby present my list of Fabulous Frogs:
                                                                            • Serge Blanco
                                                                            • Henri Leconte
                                                                            • Voltaire
                                                                            • any French actress\singer you care to name
                                                                            • Renee from 'Allo 'Allo
                                                                            • Michel Roux Junior
                                                                            • Platini
                                                                            • Napoleon

and this fella:

legend

Comment

tomorrow, we do Italians

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                The screaming/grunting in the women tennis is really offputting
                                                                                Yeah it's hard to follow the tennis with such a stiffy.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  tomorrow, we do Italians
                                                                                  Can I do the scientific, mathematical and engineering Germans that your ignorant, art-student ass doesn't know shit about?
                                                                                  • Leibniz
                                                                                  • Godel
                                                                                  • Heisenberg
                                                                                  • Benz
                                                                                  • Fahrenheit
                                                                                  • Bunsen
                                                                                  • Gutenberg

That's better.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                    Can I do the scientific, mathematical and engineering Germans that your ignorant, art-student ass doesn't know shit about?
                                                                                    • Leibniz
                                                                                    • Godel
                                                                                    • Heisenberg
                                                                                    • Benz
                                                                                    • Fahrenheit
                                                                                    • Bunsen
                                                                                    • Gutenberg

That's better.
                                                                                    art student?

Godel is the only one I don't know; who he?

Comment

No way im picking people ive only read about in a history book. I can appreciate them but cant pick them. Godel, Heisenberg, Benz, Fahrenheit, Bunsen ask my balls. Its all about Becker

Comment

art student?

Godel is the only one I don't know; who he?
                                                                                        You studied economics, right? It's not a science hence you're an arts student. I withdraw the comment if this is not factually accurate.

Godel coordinated the great consolidation and realisation of mathematics in the early 20th century which pretty much led to every technological advancement that followed. For example, it was Godel's "Entscheidungsproblem" that Alan Turing solved by inventing the computer.

Comment

Somewhat disappointed this is just an ad

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

You studied economics, right? It's not a science hence you're an arts student. I withdraw the comment if this is not factually accurate.

Godel coordinated the great consolidation and realisation of mathematics in the early 20th century which pretty much led to every technological advancement that followed. For example, it was Godel's "Entscheidungsproblem" that Alan Turing solved by inventing the computer.
                                                                                            I didn't study much of anything at college but they gave me a B. Comm to go away.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                              No way im picking people ive only read about in a history book. I can appreciate them but cant pick them. Godel, Heisenberg, Benz, Fahrenheit, Bunsen ask my balls. Its all about Becker

Comment

Marie Curie and her husband ?
                                                                                                My fav Jacques Cousteau
                                                                                                Andre the giant

De gaulle..
                                                                                                Joan of Arc.

Comment

• Leibniz
                                                                                                  • Godel
                                                                                                  • Heisenberg
                                                                                                  • Benz
                                                                                                  • Fahrenheit
                                                                                                  • Bunsen
                                                                                                  • Gutenberg

That's better.
                                                                                                  Gauss is a glaring omission from that list.
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    Gauss is a glaring omission from that list.
                                                                                                    And Michael Schumacher

Comment

Life achievement unlocked - Today I was quoted by the mainstream media:

New information from Edward Snowden's past on the Internet's many backchannels reveals he once had some pretty strong feelings about WikiLeaks, the organization he's now working closely with to insure his safety — and about government leakers in general, as well as the fate of their... testicles.

It was me who said Snowden was "kind of a dick". I stand by the assertion.

Comment

Following on from last night's list of kommendable Krauts, in the interests of balance I hereby present my list of Fabulous Frogs:
                                                                                                        • Serge Blanco
                                                                                                        • Henri Leconte
                                                                                                        • Voltaire
                                                                                                        • any French actress\singer you care to name
                                                                                                        • Renee from 'Allo 'Allo
                                                                                                        • Michel Roux Junior
                                                                                                        • Platini
                                                                                                        • Napoleon

and this fella:

legend
                                                                                                        Zinidane Zidane , Jean Pierre Rives, Philippe Sella, François Truffaut. Just as I type this message I'm learning that Yannik Juazion has announced his retirement from rugby. You can add him to the list too

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post

Discover more about this classic song and the Urban Hymns album here: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/stories/urban-hymns-verve-indie-rock-godsListen to more ...

Comment

French night is it?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Wadn't de Gaulle a bollix of rather extreme proportions? Always loved the tale of LBJ bitch-slapping him when he wanted to withdraw from NATO; 'ask him about the cemetaries Dean!'

Comment

Life achievement unlocked - Today I was quoted by the mainstream media:

New information from Edward Snowden's past on the Internet's many backchannels reveals he once had some pretty strong feelings about WikiLeaks, the organization he's now working closely with to insure his safety — and about government leakers in general, as well as the fate of their... testicles.

It was me who said Snowden was "kind of a dick". I stand by the assertion.
                                                                                                                I'm more curious, as to how he's a 'cockmonger'? Though, I may not understand the term correctly
                                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

• Leibniz
                                                                                                                  • Godel
                                                                                                                  • Heisenberg
                                                                                                                  • Benz
                                                                                                                  • Fahrenheit
                                                                                                                  • Bunsen
                                                                                                                  • Gutenberg

That's better.
                                                                                                                  No Max Planck....GTFO!

Comment

They're in the process of naming all of the buildings in DCU. Given the massive uncertainty facing the place I suggested that Heisenberg building would be fitting for Physics, but given the current enrollment of postgrads for next year (0), I was beaten in the comedy stakes by someone who opted for the Marie Celeste Building.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 26-06-13, 21:12.

Comment

has the front page of the site changed or have I altered my settings somehow. List of top most recently posted in threads seems to have disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        No Max Planck....GTFO!
                                                                                                                        Oh fuck how did I forget him?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                          has the front page of the site changed or have I altered my settings somehow. List of top most recently posted in threads seems to have disappeared
                                                                                                                          You did it. I think there is a link in the quick links dropdown on the homepage that will turn them back on for you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X