This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    That's the name that immediately came to mind for me too. Good lad is Bobby, but been years since I've seen him.
    I've no idea how I set up his blog. Tied to an old campus account. It seems google bought blogspot.

Some other great blogs linked on his

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

8 years ago, when he was CM for shels? lol

Doing it in LOi scotland or lower leagues in england - and getting overlooked for your country, is understandable.
      It was one hell of a Shels squad at the time and by 2005 he was well established and good enough to move but he had plenty of money and European football thrown at him.

Understandable, sure, but it still shouldn't be happening with a limited player pool like ours. If he gets called up for friendlies in 2005 and makes an impression he massively improves his chances of a good move which in turn is massive for the national team.

McClean afair got called up when he got the move but before he had even played a game for Sunderland, that's just stupidity. Trap and his scouts felt he wasn't good enough but suddenly because Sunderland decide he's good they change their mind?

Comment

anyone playing the fitz tonight?
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          Just saw Little Green Cars live in work.
          Really liked the set.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoQCJqaNz8Q
          when are you getting the clear glasses and the skinny jeans? Never took you for a hipster.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
            when are you getting the clear glasses and the skinny jeans? Never took you for a hipster.
            Rejecting music because of the dress of the performer/band is ridiculous.
            It's a good track and they are a good band.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Everybody! Leave Zodly alone.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

True but it is a shit track. Although that's harsh, I just hate copycat bands.

Apparently the Editors and Interpol are different bands?
                  Last edited by RasTa; 06-06-13, 14:57.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post

Everyone has an opinion and everyone has an asshole....
                    I'm not sure how the rest goes but basically, you're an asshole
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Blasphemy in here no doubt but youd be forgiven for lumping the National in there as well.
                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        Bobby Kenny blog? ^^
                        nice guy, always used to enjoy being at his table

'sceptre' afair
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

anyone playing the fitz tonight?
                          as an unemployed bum, I feel it is my duty to play a few live donkaments. But not the Fitz, I will wander in to the SE and splash chips about in exuberant fashion (funnily enough this is exactly what I've been doing in cash games lately)

Comment

never made any comment on the music, good sir

Comment

Interpol were doing it first, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                Everybody! Leave Zodly alone.
                                To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  as an unemployed bum, I feel it is my duty to play a few live donkaments. But not the Fitz, I will wander in to the SE and splash chips about in exuberant fashion (funnily enough this is exactly what I've been doing in cash games lately)
                                  Is there much cash action in the SE? I only remember playing in there once with a drunken Steo05.

Comment

To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Actually footage of Ric Flair promos from the song synced to the video

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      Is there much cash action in the SE? I only remember playing in there once with a drunken Steo05.
                                      I've been in maybe 4 times in the last two months and the game has been surprisingly good (although that may reflect my general level of inebriation - wearing horses heads at the table and suchlike).

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        Viva la Sporting Emporium Cash Games.
                                        I had the aceballs in that hand last week ya fecker, at least you answered honestly when I asked you 'have you a set?' and didn't subject me to the all-time slowroll

Comment

Music Video by Radiohead, very nice, one of the best, it has a message in there somewhere... I enjoy seeing everyone's own personally theory of what it the ...

Comment

I had the aceballs in that hand last week ya fecker, at least you answered honestly when I asked you 'have you a set?' and didn't subject me to the all-time slowroll
                                            Did he show because otherwise let me assure you he did not have a set

I could really do with a jaunt out probably won't be able to make it into the SE but I'll try is it the 100 DC game tonight?
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

I could really do with a jaunt out probably won't be able to make it into the SE but I'll try is it the 100 DC game tonight?
                                              100dc is next thursday I think.

Comment

He showed and deliberately passed on the slowroll opportunity. A moment of class shown to a broken man.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Simpson's help, I have one piece of trash that can't be picked up!?
                                                  Is my game flawed or wha?
                                                  It's on fire near the top left corner.
                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                    Simpson's help, I have one piece of trash that can't be picked up!?
                                                    Is my game flawed or wha?
                                                    It's on fire near the top left corner.
                                                    thats the burning bush decoration you should be able to move it anywhere you want

Comment

what on earth is this thing with women in a group picture all crouching a little?
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

could be a few good opportunities here.

gov'ment wine

Tanaiste and foreign affairs minister Eamon Gilmore has decided it is no longer appropriate for the Irish government to buy or own “expensive” wine in light of the country’s economic troubles.

After reviewing his department’s wine policy Mr Gilmore has decided that any wines in the cellar valued at over €30, should be sold off. Wine experts have deemed around one-third of the 2,343 bottles in the cellar to be “tradable” and these will be put on the market.

According to media reports that entire wine collection is valued at €77,767 and it will be bottles valued at €30 or less which will be kept by the government to be served at official receptions and functions.

The Irish Independent reported that a source said: “”Once Eamon came in and figured out what was happening in his department, he ordered a review of the spending policy.

“They have only dipped their toe in the market, they have approached wine dealers in the UK and Ireland to suss out interest but they wouldn’t go so far as to put a price on it.

“They haven’t made a decision on whether to do this by auction or dealer.”

The source added: “They hope to exact the same value or maybe more.”

Wines that will be sold include 31 bottles of Chateau Lynch Bages Grand Cru Classe, 1998, which were bought for €58.65 in 2005, 22 bottles of Chateau Leoville Barton Cru Classe 1997 bought for €75 and 33 bottles of Kirwan Margaux 2000, which were bought for €65 each.

As recently reported in the drinks business, Chinese collectors were quick to pounce on the first batch of wines that the French government sold recently.

A recent sale of the UK government’s hospitality cellar saw six magnums of Domaine Leflaive Montrachet from 2005-2010 make £76,050.
                                                        Last edited by 6starpool; 06-06-13, 16:52. Reason: Shrap's stupid code tags needed replacing imo

Comment

used to go to the 4 lights when I was courtin' down that way
                                                          4 lights is a.firm Sligo favorite. Was good for an after nightclub row back in the day.

Its no happy eater
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Poor Prince Alwaleed bin Tala, he must feel so hard done by

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who owns London's Savoy hotel, claims US publication undervalued his wealth by $9.6bn. By Josh Halliday

Comment

Damn wouldn't have minded some pokers, but up early for a return to fair weather golfing.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                Damn wouldn't have minded some pokers, but up early for a return to fair weather golfing.
                                                                Made my belated return & had my second outing of the summer in Milltown with the aul fella today.

Standing level on the 16th tee, hit a decent driving iron but managed to pull it towards the trees. As its pelting along I cop its heading for a tee box and let a roar. Arrive over to see it sitting not too bad but two old Fat Cats looking very pale in their buggy. Turns out it hit the buggy window full whack and scared the shite outta them so much they retired to the clubhouse for the morning

Comment

Dude, they're not just baps.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                    Dude, they're not just baps.
                                                                    Had one of Kevs, they are just that.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      He showed and deliberately passed on the slowroll opportunity. A moment of class shown to a broken man.
                                                                      In fairness I did break even on the day which I considered a very good result. And I didn't fall asleep at the table either!

Comment

Beat my Dad in golf for the first time today, Wonder Years music in the background-a real coming of age moment.

Got fried to a crisp though. Solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Had one of Kevs, they are just that.
                                                                          Kev, with the best of intentions, should have went soft.

Comment

A wee spot of Kerry bliss. Sure beats working.

image.jpg

Lol stupid iPhone and its rotation of pictures. Sorry about that.
                                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 06-06-13, 19:18.
                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

In fairness I did break even on the day which I considered a very good result. And I didn't fall asleep at the table either!
                                                                              Just needling obv.

Comment

poker plan abandoned due to revolting children

not looking forward to when they become teenagers at all

Comment

Let them eat cake.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                    Let them eat cake.
                                                                                    or ice pops

sugar rush is scary to behold

Comment

or ice pops

sugar rush is scary to behold
                                                                                      Skittles and club orange or coke is a potent combination.

Also this is wintastic:

Check out http://www.prizeo.com -- Thanks so much to everyone that helped Samuel raise funds for the Alzheimer's Association!

Comment

Bit harsh! I thought every parent thought their children were the most beautiful.

Comment

Probably one for Kayroo, but why did the state object, and care enough to appeal to the Supreme Court about the actual genetic parents of surrogate children (rather than the surrogate mother) being named on the birth cert? Seems a strange one for them to care about that much. Surely the actual genetic mother is the right person for the birth cert? It's hardly going to cause an outburst of things as it is such a specific set of circumstances.

Comment

Probably one for Kayroo, but why did the state object, and care enough to appeal to the Supreme Court about the actual genetic parents of surrogate children (rather than the surrogate mother) being named on the birth cert? Seems a strange one for them to care about that much. Surely the actual genetic mother is the right person for the birth cert? It's hardly going to cause an outburst of things as it is such a specific set of circumstances.
                                                                                            What about sperm donors in another case?
                                                                                            Which 'dad' goes on the cert?
                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                              What about sperm donors in another case?
                                                                                              Which 'dad' goes on the cert?
                                                                                              Surely sperm doners are not informed when their swimmers are used and successful? I also doubt they would be donating with the intention of being on the birth cert anyhow. Not really a comparable situation really as in this case the non surrogate mother is rearing the child.

Comment

A surrogate is just a substitute womb, the parents are the parents and are 100% the people who should be on the birth cert.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  Bit harsh! I thought every parent thought their children were the most beautiful.
                                                                                                  I meant revolting in the sense of 'your majesty, the peasants are revolting'

I don't think my children are the most beautiful either. Which is probably a good thing, being beautiful can be a handicap all of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    A surrogate is just a substitute womb, the parents are the parents and are 100% the people who should be on the birth cert.
                                                                                                    Is the egg implanted into the surrogate mother?

Comment

Its a legal and ethical minefield where all manner of situations until recently unimaginable will need to be accounted for in any future legislation.

IMO the primary rule should be that genetic parents are shown on birth cert but provision will have to be made to assign responsibilities and rights to all manner of donors surrogates and adoptive parents.

Comment

I agree with this, but the government are challenging a high court ruling today that the actual mother (not the surrogate) should be named on the birth cert. This has never been challenged in Irish courts before. I'm wondering what the basis of their objection is.

Comment

I meant revolting in the sense of 'your majesty, the peasants are revolting'

I don't think my children are the most beautiful either. Which is probably a good thing, being beautiful can be a handicap all of its own.
                                                                                                          I knew what you meant, was just trying to jest

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

link for darts? first row have nothing
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

I agree with this, but the government are challenging a high court ruling today that the actual mother (not the surrogate) should be named on the birth cert. This has never been challenged in Irish courts before. I'm wondering what the basis of their objection is.
                                                                                                                AFAIK the rules had seemed pretty clear before the HC ruling that that only the birth mother can be listed as the mother and the state was just upholding the law as it stood. That the law is outdated and needs to be changed does not mean that it can be ignored.
                                                                                                                I expect that no one is actually taking a moral position in order to piss off the parents for whom this is a very significant practical issue but are going to work through the courts to confirm whether or not legislation is needed for this specific scenario.

Comment

Not her finest outfit, for once the weather map is more exciting than Jean herself

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post

Comment

Not her finest outfit, for once the weather map is more exciting than Jean herself
                                                                                                                    It is the astonished look upon her face that one is supposed to be gawking at!
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

looks like we have won the weather lotto, especially when you see the flooding in Europe. A friend lives in Basel, the view out of her bedroom window looks scary with the Rhine fairly whipping past.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        It is the astonished look upon her face that one is supposed to be gawking at!
                                                                                                                        You were sure the thanks were coming rolling in. Ul
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          You were sure the thanks were coming rolling in. Ul
                                                                                                                          cnt
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X