That's the name that immediately came to mind for me too. Good lad is Bobby, but been years since I've seen him.
    I've no idea how I set up his blog. Tied to an old campus account. It seems google bought blogspot.

Some other great blogs linked on his

8 years ago, when he was CM for shels? lol

Doing it in LOi scotland or lower leagues in england - and getting overlooked for your country, is understandable.
      It was one hell of a Shels squad at the time and by 2005 he was well established and good enough to move but he had plenty of money and European football thrown at him.

Understandable, sure, but it still shouldn't be happening with a limited player pool like ours. If he gets called up for friendlies in 2005 and makes an impression he massively improves his chances of a good move which in turn is massive for the national team.

McClean afair got called up when he got the move but before he had even played a game for Sunderland, that's just stupidity. Trap and his scouts felt he wasn't good enough but suddenly because Sunderland decide he's good they change their mind?

anyone playing the fitz tonight?

Just saw Little Green Cars live in work.
          Really liked the set.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoQCJqaNz8Q
          when are you getting the clear glasses and the skinny jeans? Never took you for a hipster.

Rejecting music because of the dress of the performer/band is ridiculous.
            It's a good track and they are a good band.

Everybody! Leave Zodly alone.

True but it is a shit track. Although that's harsh, I just hate copycat bands.

Apparently the Editors and Interpol are different bands?
                  Last edited by RasTa; 06-06-13, 14:57.

Everyone has an opinion and everyone has an asshole....
                    I'm not sure how the rest goes but basically, you're an asshole

Blasphemy in here no doubt but youd be forgiven for lumping the National in there as well.

Bobby Kenny blog? ^^
                        nice guy, always used to enjoy being at his table

'sceptre' afair

anyone playing the fitz tonight?
                          as an unemployed bum, I feel it is my duty to play a few live donkaments. But not the Fitz, I will wander in to the SE and splash chips about in exuberant fashion (funnily enough this is exactly what I've been doing in cash games lately)

never made any comment on the music, good sir

Interpol were doing it first, IIRC.

Everybody! Leave Zodly alone.
                                To be the man, you have to beat the man.

as an unemployed bum, I feel it is my duty to play a few live donkaments. But not the Fitz, I will wander in to the SE and splash chips about in exuberant fashion (funnily enough this is exactly what I've been doing in cash games lately)
                                  Is there much cash action in the SE? I only remember playing in there once with a drunken Steo05.

To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Actually footage of Ric Flair promos from the song synced to the video

Is there much cash action in the SE? I only remember playing in there once with a drunken Steo05.
                                      I've been in maybe 4 times in the last two months and the game has been surprisingly good (although that may reflect my general level of inebriation - wearing horses heads at the table and suchlike).

Viva la Sporting Emporium Cash Games.
                                        I had the aceballs in that hand last week ya fecker, at least you answered honestly when I asked you 'have you a set?' and didn't subject me to the all-time slowroll

Music Video by Radiohead, very nice, one of the best, it has a message in there somewhere... I enjoy seeing everyone's own personally theory of what it the ...

I had the aceballs in that hand last week ya fecker, at least you answered honestly when I asked you 'have you a set?' and didn't subject me to the all-time slowroll
                                            Did he show because otherwise let me assure you he did not have a set

I could really do with a jaunt out probably won't be able to make it into the SE but I'll try is it the 100 DC game tonight?

100dc is next thursday I think.

He showed and deliberately passed on the slowroll opportunity. A moment of class shown to a broken man.

Simpson's help, I have one piece of trash that can't be picked up!?
                                                  Is my game flawed or wha?
                                                  It's on fire near the top left corner.

Simpson's help, I have one piece of trash that can't be picked up!?
                                                    Is my game flawed or wha?
                                                    It's on fire near the top left corner.
                                                    thats the burning bush decoration you should be able to move it anywhere you want

what on earth is this thing with women in a group picture all crouching a little?

could be a few good opportunities here.

gov'ment wine

Tanaiste and foreign affairs minister Eamon Gilmore has decided it is no longer appropriate for the Irish government to buy or own “expensive” wine in light of the country’s economic troubles.

After reviewing his department’s wine policy Mr Gilmore has decided that any wines in the cellar valued at over €30, should be sold off. Wine experts have deemed around one-third of the 2,343 bottles in the cellar to be “tradable” and these will be put on the market.

According to media reports that entire wine collection is valued at €77,767 and it will be bottles valued at €30 or less which will be kept by the government to be served at official receptions and functions.

The Irish Independent reported that a source said: “”Once Eamon came in and figured out what was happening in his department, he ordered a review of the spending policy.

“They have only dipped their toe in the market, they have approached wine dealers in the UK and Ireland to suss out interest but they wouldn’t go so far as to put a price on it.

“They haven’t made a decision on whether to do this by auction or dealer.”

The source added: “They hope to exact the same value or maybe more.”

Wines that will be sold include 31 bottles of Chateau Lynch Bages Grand Cru Classe, 1998, which were bought for €58.65 in 2005, 22 bottles of Chateau Leoville Barton Cru Classe 1997 bought for €75 and 33 bottles of Kirwan Margaux 2000, which were bought for €65 each.

As recently reported in the drinks business, Chinese collectors were quick to pounce on the first batch of wines that the French government sold recently.

A recent sale of the UK government’s hospitality cellar saw six magnums of Domaine Leflaive Montrachet from 2005-2010 make £76,050.
                                                        Last edited by 6starpool; 06-06-13, 16:52. Reason: Shrap's stupid code tags needed replacing imo

used to go to the 4 lights when I was courtin' down that way
                                                          4 lights is a.firm Sligo favorite. Was good for an after nightclub row back in the day.

Its no happy eater

Poor Prince Alwaleed bin Tala, he must feel so hard done by

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, who owns London's Savoy hotel, claims US publication undervalued his wealth by $9.6bn. By Josh Halliday

Damn wouldn't have minded some pokers, but up early for a return to fair weather golfing.

Made my belated return & had my second outing of the summer in Milltown with the aul fella today.

Standing level on the 16th tee, hit a decent driving iron but managed to pull it towards the trees. As its pelting along I cop its heading for a tee box and let a roar. Arrive over to see it sitting not too bad but two old Fat Cats looking very pale in their buggy. Turns out it hit the buggy window full whack and scared the shite outta them so much they retired to the clubhouse for the morning

Dude, they're not just baps.

Had one of Kevs, they are just that.

He showed and deliberately passed on the slowroll opportunity. A moment of class shown to a broken man.
                                                                      In fairness I did break even on the day which I considered a very good result. And I didn't fall asleep at the table either!

Beat my Dad in golf for the first time today, Wonder Years music in the background-a real coming of age moment.

Got fried to a crisp though. Solid.

Had one of Kevs, they are just that.
                                                                          Kev, with the best of intentions, should have went soft.

A wee spot of Kerry bliss. Sure beats working.

image.jpg

Lol stupid iPhone and its rotation of pictures. Sorry about that.
                                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 06-06-13, 19:18.

In fairness I did break even on the day which I considered a very good result. And I didn't fall asleep at the table either!
                                                                              Just needling obv.

poker plan abandoned due to revolting children

not looking forward to when they become teenagers at all

Let them eat cake.

or ice pops

sugar rush is scary to behold

or ice pops

sugar rush is scary to behold
                                                                                      Skittles and club orange or coke is a potent combination.

Also this is wintastic:

Check out http://www.prizeo.com -- Thanks so much to everyone that helped Samuel raise funds for the Alzheimer's Association!

Bit harsh! I thought every parent thought their children were the most beautiful.

Probably one for Kayroo, but why did the state object, and care enough to appeal to the Supreme Court about the actual genetic parents of surrogate children (rather than the surrogate mother) being named on the birth cert? Seems a strange one for them to care about that much. Surely the actual genetic mother is the right person for the birth cert? It's hardly going to cause an outburst of things as it is such a specific set of circumstances.

What about sperm donors in another case?
                                                                                            Which 'dad' goes on the cert?

What about sperm donors in another case?
                                                                                              Which 'dad' goes on the cert?
                                                                                              Surely sperm doners are not informed when their swimmers are used and successful? I also doubt they would be donating with the intention of being on the birth cert anyhow. Not really a comparable situation really as in this case the non surrogate mother is rearing the child.

A surrogate is just a substitute womb, the parents are the parents and are 100% the people who should be on the birth cert.

Bit harsh! I thought every parent thought their children were the most beautiful.
                                                                                                  I meant revolting in the sense of 'your majesty, the peasants are revolting'

I don't think my children are the most beautiful either. Which is probably a good thing, being beautiful can be a handicap all of its own.

A surrogate is just a substitute womb, the parents are the parents and are 100% the people who should be on the birth cert.
                                                                                                    Is the egg implanted into the surrogate mother?

Its a legal and ethical minefield where all manner of situations until recently unimaginable will need to be accounted for in any future legislation.

IMO the primary rule should be that genetic parents are shown on birth cert but provision will have to be made to assign responsibilities and rights to all manner of donors surrogates and adoptive parents.

I agree with this, but the government are challenging a high court ruling today that the actual mother (not the surrogate) should be named on the birth cert. This has never been challenged in Irish courts before. I'm wondering what the basis of their objection is.

I meant revolting in the sense of 'your majesty, the peasants are revolting'

I don't think my children are the most beautiful either. Which is probably a good thing, being beautiful can be a handicap all of its own.
                                                                                                          I knew what you meant, was just trying to jest

link for darts? first row have nothing

I agree with this, but the government are challenging a high court ruling today that the actual mother (not the surrogate) should be named on the birth cert. This has never been challenged in Irish courts before. I'm wondering what the basis of their objection is.
                                                                                                                AFAIK the rules had seemed pretty clear before the HC ruling that that only the birth mother can be listed as the mother and the state was just upholding the law as it stood. That the law is outdated and needs to be changed does not mean that it can be ignored.
                                                                                                                I expect that no one is actually taking a moral position in order to piss off the parents for whom this is a very significant practical issue but are going to work through the courts to confirm whether or not legislation is needed for this specific scenario.

Not her finest outfit, for once the weather map is more exciting than Jean herself

It is the astonished look upon her face that one is supposed to be gawking at!

looks like we have won the weather lotto, especially when you see the flooding in Europe. A friend lives in Basel, the view out of her bedroom window looks scary with the Rhine fairly whipping past.

It is the astonished look upon her face that one is supposed to be gawking at!
                                                                                                                        You were sure the thanks were coming rolling in. Ul

cnt