This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
    Tuesday they got a couple of Man Vs Food challenges going on. Hot chicken wings and think the other one is to do with fish. Winner gets 50 euro voucher, t-shirt and the all important picture framed on the wall.
    Ah I suck at competition eating also working
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
      about 40 ish, he is actuallly the funniest fucker you could meet, couldnt meet nicer in fairness. think he knew she was freaked out and rang her and told her!!!
      Genuinely funny people don't pay pranks imo.

Comment

Yo folks quick question, flying out next week with one airline to the US and then I change to another one from there onto Vegas, I don't have to check in online for both or anything like that? Check in with the main and that covers for both?
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Genuinely funny people don't pay pranks imo.
          ah dunno do I agree with that , there would genuinely be no malice in this chap, I have played many a prank in my life , pranks are about freaking someone out but for a short while , which he did to perfection
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Ferguson
            Scholes
            Carragher
            Owen
            Beckham

All retired. Feel old.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Yo folks quick question, flying out next week with one airline to the US and then I change to another one from there onto Vegas, I don't have to check in online for both or anything like that? Check in with the main and that covers for both?
              If your ticket is Dublin to las Vegas then one check in is enough. Do you have your ESTA?
              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

seeing as you will have to queue up to drop your bag anyway you may aswell just check in at the desk. your not saving too much time with the American airlines anyway. They will check you and your bags in the whole way to vegas. For connection shit i like the security of having someone at a desk do it, then you have them to blame if it fucks up.

Make sure you have your esta done too.

Edit: also to speed things up most of the american airlines have guys with computers in the queue getting you checked in and you just drop your bag then. So ya dont bother checking in online beforehand.

Which airline?
                Last edited by eamonhonda; 19-05-13, 23:05.
                airport, lol

Comment

Did you book the flight separately or at the same time? If you booked a return to NYC and then one from NYC to Vegas (for example) then it will be 2 separate flights. If you booked using expedia or similar type things and got all legs in the one booking then you can just make sure when checking in in Dublin that the bags will be checked through to Vegas.

I always bring one spare change of clothes with me in my carry on anyhow in case of lost bags (has happened me twice for between 1-4 days).

Comment

anyone following this dude on twitter?

Was scrolling down through all his insulting tweets and came across this, I reckon its The Rigger!!!

Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      Ferguson
                      Scholes
                      Carragher
                      Owen
                      Beckham

All retired. Feel old.
                      Agreed.

The absolute barometer of the ravages of age, not how you feel, how you look, what you have achieved etc etc but if you were a footballer what stage of your career would you be at. If you were managing yourself in Champ Manager would you be gradually be getting eased out of the starting XI.

GG all the lads tbf.

Comment

Was scrolling down through all his insulting tweets and came across this, I reckon its The Rigger!!!

if your gonna go to that much effort to slag someone, at least be funny ffs
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          if your gonna go to that much effort to slag someone, at least be funny ffs
                          i was chuffed to see "hi baby " lol some of his stuff is sooo insulting!
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

yeah seen he was following me last night and blocked him straight away, id say its the same sad fuck behind all the parody accounts tbh must be horrible to be that jealous and hateful towards other peoples success

Comment

I reckon it is this guy who was banned recently.

Seems to not be a fan of IPB. I weep with upset.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                If your ticket is Dublin to las Vegas then one check in is enough. Do you have your ESTA?
                                Yeah filled out my form a couple weeks ago, you have to pay for it now cost $14.

seeing as you will have to queue up to drop your bag anyway you may aswell just check in at the desk. your not saving too much time with the American airlines anyway. They will check you and your bags in the whole way to vegas. For connection shit i like the security of having someone at a desk do it, then you have them to blame if it fucks up.

Make sure you have your esta done too.

Edit: also to speed things up most of the american airlines have guys with computers in the queue getting you checked in and you just drop your bag then. So ya dont bother checking in online beforehand.

Which airline?
                                Good point about just checking in when giving in the bags but I do like the option of picking my seat when doing so online.

Take it the airport is going to be crazy busy at 6-7am on a Sunday morning?

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                Did you book the flight separately or at the same time? If you booked a return to NYC and then one from NYC to Vegas (for example) then it will be 2 separate flights. If you booked using expedia or similar type things and got all legs in the one booking then you can just make sure when checking in in Dublin that the bags will be checked through to Vegas.

I always bring one spare change of clothes with me in my carry on anyhow in case of lost bags (has happened me twice for between 1-4 days).
                                I didn't book it they booked it for me and was all done through Expedia, flying KLM from Dublin to Atlanta & then Delta to Vegas & vice versa coming home, on the itinerary it says "KLM operated by Delta"

Won't have any room for clothes as my carry on will be my camera equipment.

Comment

SatNav you really are one for the gossip was hoping nobody would've mentioned that account over here, hopefully you thinking it's Rigger is in jest because the person behind it is pretty bitter & the nut worst cretin, Riggs is good people.

Comment

I reckon it is this guy who was banned recently.

Seems to not be a fan of IPB. I weep with upset.
                                    I always reckon its starbarr, starpoo etc for some reason! ah well at least he has no ill feelings towards me! I like him
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

SatNav you really are one for the gossip was hoping nobody would've mentioned that account over here, hopefully you thinking it's Rigger is in jest because the person behind it is pretty bitter & the nut worst cretin, Riggs is good people.
                                      do you have an idea who it is? yeah I reckon maybe rigger lol if not its starrbarr
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Good point about just checking in when giving in the bags but I do like the option of picking my seat when doing so online.

Take it the airport is going to be crazy busy at 6-7am on a Sunday morning?

Airport is crazy on a sunday morning. But only really aer lingus queue. Youll be checking in with delta, they only have two flights so your queue is gonna be normal. No harm getting in early and being ahead of crowd on your flights.

Security should be starting to quiet down at that time, any earlier is pretty mad.

If ya dont fancy risking getting caught in a big queue get this:

or i could do it for free but dunno will i be here haha.
                                        airport, lol

Comment

do you have an idea who it is? yeah I reckon maybe rigger lol if not its starrbarr
                                          You honestly think Rigger would do something that stupid/bitter, he is all for the banter and this certainly ain't him, as for the other one maybe but imo doubtful he didn't seem to shy about firing from the hip and don't see him setting up something like this.

I'd love to see this account gets no exposure here or Twitter etc so to not to give it any more consideration than it should get, no doubt if some of the stuff that was was aimed towards you it wouldn't be screen grabbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            'And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.'

Matthew 24:11.
                                            Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets
                                            Luke 6:26

Comment

I didn't book it they booked it for me and was all done through Expedia, flying KLM from Dublin to Atlanta & then Delta to Vegas & vice versa coming home, on the itinerary it says "KLM operated by Delta"

Won't have any room for clothes as my carry on will be my camera equipment.
                                              If you check in at the counter they can give you an aisle/window seat if you request it for both flights and with you travelling on your own it should be easy to do. On the clothes thing, seriously, at least a pair of socks and jocks. In case of emergency will save you going on an emergency run to the shops if there happens to be a 24 delay or so. I Presume you have room for that at least. Better safe than sorry imo.

Comment

Airport is crazy on a sunday morning. But only really aer lingus queue. Youll be checking in with delta, they only have two flights so your queue is gonna be normal. No harm getting in early and being ahead of crowd on your flights.

Security should be starting to quiet down at that time, any earlier is pretty mad.

If ya dont fancy risking getting caught in a big queue get this:

or i could do it for free but dunno will i be here haha.
                                                My mate recently started out in the airport, think he might be working the morning I'm flying out so will save me a few €€€ on taxi fare

I take it the whole "KLM operated by Delta" is because they don't have a desk out there? Delta located in Terminal 2 correct?

What's the story with that thing you linked never heard of it before?

Comment

My mate recently started out in the airport, think he might be working the morning I'm flying out so will save me a few €€€ on taxi fare

I take it the whole "KLM operated by Delta" is because they don't have a desk out there? Delta located in Terminal 2 correct?

KLM/Delta presumably have a codeshare agreement. This means that there may be 2 different flight numbers, sold on 2 different airline sites, but only one flight. It allows bigger reach for airlines without duplicating services, It's a very common thing, especially in transatlantic travel.

The airport genie thing is just a fast track thing, allowing you to skip the queues for security check essentially. Get there in plenty of time and you'll be grand. Allow 3 hours as you need to clear immigration here as well and there are queues for that too and I assume airport genie doesn't work on the US Immigration people

Comment

KLM only have flights from dublin operated by other airlines.(codeshares) Delta to atlanta Aer lingus to amsterdam.

Delta is in T2 yeah. Its a thing that started a year or two ago run by OCS who already operate in the airport with wheelchair assistance etc.

Handy job, hate forking out lots of money on taxis
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I assume airport genie doesn't work on the US Immigration people
                                                      lol no. queues in customs peak around 9-10:30 last time i checked. youll be going down before that.
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

ah dunno do I agree with that , there would genuinely be no malice in this chap, I have played many a prank in my life , pranks are about freaking someone out but for a short while , which he did to perfection
                                                        If someone wants to create some humour in the world and they think that the best way is to send texts to a woman causing her to fear for her safety then I would have suspicions about him being the king of comedy. Fucking moron imo.

Wit is to a prank as a chat up line is to rape.

Comment

If you check in at the counter they can give you an aisle/window seat if you request it for both flights and with you travelling on your own it should be easy to do. On the clothes thing, seriously, at least a pair of socks and jocks. In case of emergency will save you going on an emergency run to the shops if there happens to be a 24 delay or so. I Presume you have room for that at least. Better safe than sorry imo.
                                                          When flying with mates don't really mind what seat I get but when flying on my own I prefer an aisle seat, camera bag is going to be pretty packed could possibly squeeze in. Plan on just buying loads of socks/jocks over there don't want to bring nearly 7 weeks worth, then just throw them away when finished.

KLM only have flights from dublin operated by other airlines.(codeshares) Delta to atlanta Aer lingus to amsterdam.

Delta is in T2 yeah. Its a thing that started a year or two ago run by OCS who already operate in the airport with wheelchair assistance etc.

Handy job, hate forking out lots of money on taxis
                                                          Ah cool beans, not sure if I need it as I generally tend to turn up pretty early in anyway as I dread thinking I'm going to miss a flight. As for taxi fare been pretty luckily get mates to drop me over, fingers crossed for this one but every little helps.

Going to be a pretty long trek as I've a 5 hour overlay in Atlanta, Nexus 7 loaded with a couple movies & I recently bought an external battery pack to charge it & phones etc to hopefully give me enough juice to make it all the way. Just have to figure out what movie trilogies to put on it, thinking Terminator/The Matirx/Back to the Future.

Also cheers folks really appreciate all the info.

Comment

Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world you know?

Tough choices load on the nexus for sure! An unwatched tv show would be the nuts there
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

The Matirx
                                                              Your plan to make a 5 hour stopover in Atlanta airport more bearable is to watch The Matrix 2 & 3?

Comment

Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world you know?

Tough choices load on the nexus for sure! An unwatched tv show would be the nuts there
                                                                I did know that, as for a new tv show nah just wanna be able to kick back and kinda turn the mind off.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                Your plan to make a 5 hour stopover in Atlanta airport more bearable is to watch The Matrix 2 & 3?
                                                                It's only a choice nothing official yet, they obviously weren't as good as expected by the original but I'm not going to hate on them still watchable imo.

Comment

anyone who likes a punt, and has a SJ acc

GAA News Website

Comment

Speaking of The Matrix friend told me about this last night.

Pretty crazy.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Know we've a couple maths nerds here.

Morally Wrong, that is...MinutePhysics is on Google+ - http://bit.ly/qzEwc6 And facebook - http://facebook.com/minutephysicsAnd twitter - @minutephysicsMinut...

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                        Can anyone recommend a cheap hotel near Kilmainham? I don't even have a clue where kilmainham is btw. Nothing fancy, just need somewhere to crash for a few hours in a couple of weeks.
                                                                        What you up to dave?

ahfuckinheyor. Get up the yard.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

'And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.'

Matthew 24:11.
                                                                          Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets
                                                                          "I don't know how good your hearing is, but if you don't understand what I'm saying I always have a little bit of sign language, so here's to ya." (middle fingers extended )

Austin 3:16

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                            I'd says there's absolutely no chance he read a private garda file. It might have been part of the penalty point info included in the redacted report, but this had already been put out by the independents in the dail, and wasn't private info but rather part of an inquiry
                                                                            You are way off in suggesting that this is not a serious issue.

Associate professor of law at Trinity College Dublin Eoin O’Dell said: “My concern is if there is no formal way that he could have this information then this really is a leak for political purposes. That’s not the sort of thing that’s appropriate in a democracy. I see a grave privacy concern here.”
                                                                            What access rights does Shatter have to this info. and how exactly did he get his hands on it?
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                              "I don't know how good your hearing is, but if you don't understand what I'm saying I always have a little bit of sign language, so here's to ya." (middle fingers extended )

Austin 3:16

'Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?'

Job 11:3.
                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I like Shatter, works his ass off, highly intelligent (he literally wrote the book on family law) and isn't afraid to stick the boot in to the vested interests (barristers, Guards) and inbred hicks from the sticks (Wallace, Ming). Also happy to take on the pro-Palestine jihadi droolers.

Would quite like to see him become Taoiseach
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

'Should thy lies make men hold their peace? and when thou mockest, shall no man make thee ashamed?'

Job 11:3.
                                                                                  'You've got to hold and give
                                                                                  But do it at the right time
                                                                                  You can be slow or fast
                                                                                  But you must get to the line
                                                                                  They'll always hit you and hurt you
                                                                                  Defend and attack
                                                                                  There's only one way to beat them
                                                                                  Get round the back '

Barnes 19:90.

Comment

Bale must surely be worth 50 million

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                      You are way off in suggesting that this is not a serious issue.

What access rights does Shatter have to this info. and how exactly did he get his hands on it?
                                                                                      Considering the two offices he holds he should really be extra vigilant in how he uses his powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                        I like Shatter, works his ass off, highly intelligent (he literally wrote the book on family law) and isn't afraid to stick the boot in to the vested interests (barristers, Guards) and inbred hicks from the sticks (Wallace, Ming). Also happy to take on the pro-Palestine jihadi droolers.

I generally have a lot of time for Shatter, I think he made a misstep with bringing up this "garda discretion" thing with Wallace.
                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

David Brent kicks off his new series of guitar tutorials with the song 'Life On The Road'.SUBSCRIBE for more Brent tutorials! ► http://is.gd/RickyGervais Thi...
                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

How for Alex Song

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Considering the two offices he holds he should really be extra vigilant in how he uses his powers.
                                                                                              Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              I generally have a lot of time for Shatter, I think he made a misstep with bringing up this "garda discretion" thing with Wallace.
                                                                                              Got to be the greatest storm in a teacup since Albert resigned, yet for all my admiration of Shatter I don't like that he has used this info if it came to him through official channels.
                                                                                              I just hope that he has the wit and wisdom to say today that it was something he overheard Wallace or maybe Daly blowing about it in the Dail Bar. That would be class.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@strewl

My phone has been freezing non stop for the last week with me having to take out battery at least every half hour! I see there is now a software update so hopefully this will fix it!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                  How for Alex Song

Gif of the season. I love cringe.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I like Shatter
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    Shatter is an excellent minister..
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    for all my admiration of Shatter
                                                                                                    I'm guessing that if it was somehow Minister Wallace using the info against Shatter we'd all have the same opinion of whether there was any impropriety.

Comment

I'm guessing that if it was somehow Minister Wallace using the info against Shatter we'd all have the same opinion of whether there was any impropriety.
                                                                                                      You could well say that, I couldn't possibly comment.

Comment

Whatever the consequences, it was a great line to take against Wallace on the night... you could see the gears grinding in Mick's head as he tried to figure out whether he should admit it or not.
                                                                                                        Obv he made a blunder by taking the weak check call line it because it gives Shatter more outs. Poor Mick, like most of us he's not nearly as bright as he likes to think he is

Comment

Whatever the consequences, it was a great line to take against Wallace on the night... you could see the gears grinding in Mick's head as he tried to figure out whether he should admit it or not.
                                                                                                          Obv he made a blunder by taking the weak check call line it because it gives Shatter more outs. Poor Mick, like most of us he's not nearly as bright as he likes to think he is
                                                                                                          LOL Mick just acted out of turn by admitting on the radio that he was stopped and let off by a traffic cop.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

LOL Mick just acted out of turn by admitting on the radio that he was stopped and let off by a traffic cop.
                                                                                                              he wasn't even stopped, the garda pulled up beside him at a traffic lights and told him to hang up.
                                                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Quality trolling.

Controls the army (who he took into his department and increased their numbers), the Gardai (whose numbers he reduced), he controls admission to the State through immigration, he controls law reform, wants to control both the legal profession and the judiciary and now he is keeping dossiers on political opponents.

Nothing untoward there at all
                                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Lol at keeping dossiers? Really?
                                                                                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm sure Taoiseach Merciless would immediately institute a proper enquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                      Quality trolling.

Controls the army (who he took into his department and increased their numbers), the Gardai (whose numbers he reduced), he controls admission to the State through immigration, he controls law reform, wants to control both the legal profession and the judiciary and now he is keeping dossiers on political opponents.

[citation needed]

also
                                                                                                                      Were Army numbers really increased? I thought that they were well down in the past 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                        Quality trolling.

Would you rather have John O'Donoghue back?

Comment

[citation needed]

also
                                                                                                                          Were Army numbers really increased? I thought that they were well down in the past 5 years

It's a red herring anyway, it's not like Shatter seized control of the army

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X