• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 40something View Post
    Allintrev23 1/3 in warm up
    does he post here?
    edit: ship ship
    Last edited by Donk Magnet; 12-11-12, 03:20.

Comment

He ships it, had 2bbs and in the bb when i started watching it 14 out!

Comment

jazzyfish aka jamie browne 14/73 in the milly 1 time for the run good

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
          jazzyfish aka jamie browne 14/73 in the milly 1 time for the run good
          Sn?
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Sn?
            $jazzyfish6$

Comment

Sick hand there at his table gogo jazzyfish
              airport, lol

Comment

get in there!!!!

Comment

Boooom over 2million jazzys AJ>55 average 1.8m 38 left
                  airport, lol

Comment

Ul jazzy gg
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                      He ships it, had 2bbs and in the bb when i started watching it 14 out!
                      did u happen to see supersonic ft?
                      guy had half a big when 9 handed and comes back to ship, what a hero

Comment

ah well good run may look over that exit hand again pritty sick

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          You could download this and set it to Ireland says on the main page "RTE player" fingers crossed.

http://www.chris-pc.com/proxy/
                          works perfect

Comment

@ LPlated

Strong indications this morning that there are serious discussions about challenging the validity of the referendum.

Despite my stated opinion on the whole thing I'm a bit ambivalent about overturning the vote. On one hand you can argue that the lack of balance in the Referendum Commission pamphlets et al was clearly in violation of the McKenna judgment and that allowing the decision to stand essentially means the Government can subvert the decision as there are no ultimate penalties for ignoring it. On the other hand I don't like the idea of the Courts telling the people that they need to go again because they were not given balanced information by the Referendum Commission.

At the moment I'm coming down on the side of hoping any challenge that may come (best result is that there is no challenge) fails and that the referendum stands.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

For those of you navigating the (re)employment waters this is a pretty good take by Lucy Kellaway.
                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                For those of you navigating the (re)employment waters this is a pretty good take by Lucy Kellaway.
                                I met her once, she's about a thousand years older than her tagline photo would imply! Also, kind of grumpy.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trigger ready to pull on car purchase, Ford S-Max Titanium. I'm thinking 2.0 litre (diesel) as opposed to the 1.6 for a car of that size.

For the extra vavavoom . It's an extra hundred quid or so in road tax annually and about 1.2k extra on the list price. Car heads; is this a sensible option or just burning the $$? All sites I've looked at recommend the 2L

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                    @ LPlated

Strong indications this morning that there are serious discussions about challenging the validity of the referendum.

Despite my stated opinion on the whole thing I'm a bit ambivalent about overturning the vote. On one hand you can argue that the lack of balance in the Referendum Commission pamphlets et al was clearly in violation of the McKenna judgment and that allowing the decision to stand essentially means the Government can subvert the decision as there are no ultimate penalties for ignoring it. On the other hand I don't like the idea of the Courts telling the people that they need to go again because they were not given balanced information by the Referendum Commission.

At the moment I'm coming down on the side of hoping any challenge that may come (best result is that there is no challenge) fails and that the referendum stands.
                                    No doubt there will be a challenge but i think the margin of victory will be enough to convince the court that it would be futile. Maybe if it passed 52/48 there could be an argument as to the impact of the printed materials?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Trigger ready to pull on car purchase, Ford S-Max Titanium. I'm thinking 2.0 litre (diesel) as opposed to the 1.6 for a car of that size.

For the extra vavavoom . It's an extra hundred quid or so in road tax annually and about 1.2k extra on the list price. Car heads; is this a sensible option or just burning the $$? All sites I've looked at recommend the 2L
                                      The 2.0 will probably be better on fuel than a 1.6 in a car that size

Comment

Nice machines for the family. 1.6 way underpowered IMO, especially if fully loaded so deffo go for the 2ld. far prefer the galaxy though ainec for space and cargo options.

Comment

I met her once, she's about a thousand years older than her tagline photo would imply! Also, kind of grumpy.
                                          She's still brings a smile to my face when I read her articles. Kind of a curmudgeon which I like....

You won't regret the extra pep when you go to overtake on the autoroute with the kids, luggage and cases of wine in tow. Plus the fuel efficiency on the long runs out wesht will probably pay for the annual tax differential.
                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                            Nice machines for the family. 1.6 way underpowered IMO, especially if fully loaded so deffo go for the 2ld. far prefer the galaxy though ainec for space and cargo options.
                                            Yeah, it just looks like a bus though! Alhambra was No 2 on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                              No doubt there will be a challenge but i think the margin of victory will be enough to convince the court that it would be futile. Maybe if it passed 52/48 there could be an argument as to the impact of the printed materials?
                                              Pre-referendum polls showed an 80% yes vote at a conservative estimate. That's a serious shift in a few days. The data on the swing is pretty tenuous though as nobody really bothered polling it heavily as it seemed such a mortal lock.

Still don't think they would/should succeed though.

Comment

Just started my own car investigations. Looking for a small diesel car ideally. My travel habits have changed since I moved back from Cork a few years back and the current motor is no longer fit for purpose. Utterly clueless as to where to start though

Comment

Angry Birds Star Wars is great.

Comment

Just started my own car investigations. Looking for a small diesel car ideally. My travel habits have changed since I moved back from Cork a few years back and the current motor is no longer fit for purpose. Utterly clueless as to where to start though
                                                    This will never do m'lud. You need to take a leaf out of V's book and drive to impress. Something large, German and obnoxiously expensive will scream success to your learned friends. It's all about style, not substance baby!

Comment

Lol just noticed Stuntmans sig, it's clearly not what I think it is, is it

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                        works perfect

Excellent man glad to hear, all you need now is a cup of Lyons tea & a packet of Tayto feel right at home.
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

@ LPlated

This happened at the time of the McKenna judgment too - i.e. the referendum result was challenged after the fact [see Hanafin V Min for Environ [No.2? i think]

There, the challenge failed because they weren't able to show that the wrong complained of affected the result to a sufficient degree.

Still haven't read last weeks Judgment but from general reports it appears the imbalance/injustice wasn't as horrific as it might have been.

If it is challenged [where is Denis O'Riordan when you need him???? ] , throw misinformation/imbalance in booklet against the number of people who could be said to have read and been influenced by it over and above any other campaining, and then take away a value contributing to the outcome arising from the poor turnout.

As against that my inner rebel tells me this particular SC might pull triggers that other Courts have not, but perhaps not in this instance.

Comment

This will never do m'lud. You need to take a leaf out of V's book and drive to impress. Something large, German and obnoxiously expensive will scream success to your learned friends. It's all about style, not substance baby!
                                                            The amount of broke solicitors/barristers/judges around this town is unreal. But you have to keep dancing. A whiff of hard times quickly turns into the stench of death.

Did a spin down to Adare and Limerick over the weekend. The new roads and a decent car under your ass make it such a pleasure compared to 7-8 years ago when I was driving that road once a month.
                                                            Last edited by V for Vendetta; 12-11-12, 10:02.

Comment

@ LPlated

Strong indications this morning that there are serious discussions in the dark corners of The Four Goldmines that there may be enough money in the coffers of the imbeciles that would like to challenge the validity of the referendum to make it worthwhile talking up the possibilities of an action that has in real terms a 0% chance of overturning the result.
                                                              FYP IMO
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Pre-referendum polls showed an 80% yes vote at a conservative estimate. That's a serious shift in a few days. The data on the swing is pretty tenuous though as nobody really bothered polling it heavily as it seemed such a mortal lock.

Still don't think they would/should succeed though.
                                                                Come on! Every single whack job in the country excepting the few that faithfully toe the shinners party line turned out to vote No.

Its really annoying and frustrating to hear them claim the Saturday voting experiment is a reason for the low turnout when its quite possible that it would have been a lot lower had it been on a Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                  Probably not what he thinks it is either

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    Has anyone watched \'Lay the Favorite\'? It has to rank as the worst gambling movie of all time. I\'d say Bruce Willis was having a hard time keeping a straight face giving some of the lines in it.

Opr
                                                                    Could be the worst movie of all time, never mind gambling. Had to turn it off half way in.

Disappointed cause Rebecca Hall is the hotness for me right now, particularly after her performance in Parades End. Sorry Jennifer Connelly.
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I just had a read back on the rugby comments from Saturday and seems I was watching a different game or perhaps just saw it differently from my seat.

I thought we were dreadful throughout and were just as poor in the first half as the second. The fact was that at half time the boks were told to stop giving us easy penalties as if you hold the line Barnes will eventually turn the ball over for you so just stay patient in defense.
                                                                      They did this and we failed to score due to not getting a free kick at goal and never threatened the line.

The biggest problem I saw with the team was every runner standing 10 feet back and catching the ball and starting to run than. Any under 10's coach will tell you to look for the ball and full pace on the gain line.

Admittedly the ball from murray was delivered high and behind if someone moved before it was passed but that is a matter of communication. If he does not know where his runners are going to be and where his outhalf wants the ball without looking than what the fuck where they doing in training. This problem also persisted when Reddan came on so I don't want to be putting it all on Murray.

Essentially we have guys who have been playing a game for most their lives who cant do the most basic task when they have the ball. All the talk of being out muscled, out smarted and needing test experience are bullshit excuses imo. If you wont take the ball at pace going forward you are not going to get any momentum, be able to create holes and constantly loose ground with the ball in hand.

Use of the bench was rubbish again which annoyed me and wtf was O'Gara at kicking the ball into 3 boks when we were down 4 points with zero time. I guess he had a table booked and needed to get out. Looked like he just didn't care afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                        Use of the bench was rubbish again which annoyed me and wtf was O'Gara at kicking the ball into 3 boks when we were down 4 points with zero time. I guess he had a table booked and needed to get out. Looked like he just didn't care afterwards.
                                                                        Probably had a wedge on SA
                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          Come on! Every single whack job in the country excepting the few that faithfully toe the shinners party line turned out to vote No.

Its really annoying and frustrating to hear them claim the Saturday voting experiment is a reason for the low turnout when its quite possible that it would have been a lot lower had it been on a Thursday.
                                                                          we need a blasphemy referendum as a warm up for an abortion one.

Comment

This was a political masterstroke in fairness.

Comment

Bit of berbarotica from twitter:

Jamie O'Hara on some Sky show last week - *they're training at Spurs, and Berb has the ball with his back to O'Hara, who's about 40 yards away. O'Hara's calling for the ball, and Berb drops his shoulder, then plays a pinpoint pass right to O'Hara's feet. After training, he goes up to O'Hara and says 'I know where you are, you don't have to shout'. *

<3

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                There were two scrums after van der Merwe was brought on where it was clear that Ross who had played well up to then was fucked and couldn't stand up against the fresh Heinke but Kidney let Ross suffer for another 10 minutes until after he had given away three points under pressure. Whatever you think of Bent being there he is there and there is no point in having him scratch himself on the bench when hes urgently needed on the pitch. If we defend that scrum and get it away we are going in to the last phase of the game a point down and you have a whole different game.

As for ROG kicking the game away WTF was that about?
                                                                                The almost universal moan on the way out was that he had backed the handicap draw or was on a bonus for it or some other gambling themed moan. It was an extraordinary decision from a professional player, you have I suppose a 16/1 ish chance of getting up and scoring a try to beat the Boks and you choose to go for an early bath I don't know what he was thinking but it seems unprofessional and disrespectful of your teammates and your supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  This was a political masterstroke in fairness.
                                                                                  Yea I was going to make that point, its really that they are terrified about how successful it would be for a General Election day.

But I think they are wrong to be afraid, just like for the referenda all the nut job fringe elements always turn out to vote and the likes of independents and Shinners are not going to get the benefit of a big turnout that the mainstream should.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                    Thats an excellent little piece, she cuts right through the bullshit and nails the bits that really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                      It's a quote from an American sportscaster that me and The_Rigger heard one evening in the Aquarium. For some reason he seemed to find it funny. Strange man.

I will change it to something else now.

Comment

Yea I was going to make that point, its really that they are terrified about how successful it would be for a General Election day.

But I think they are wrong to be afraid, just like for the referenda all the nut job fringe elements always turn out to vote and the likes of independents and Shinners are not going to get the benefit of a big turnout that the mainstream should.
                                                                                        quote from a Donegal newspaper editor:

Mr McAteer said while Donegal had traditionally voted No he believed the rejection this time was “more of a vote against our local political representation” .

“The combined call for a Yes vote by Fine Gael, Fine Fáil, Sinn Féin, Labour and Independent Thomas Pringle was a chance for the electorate to show how disillusioned people are with their representatives.”
                                                                                        ah yes, disillusioned with 100% of the representatives that you, the fuckwits of Donegal, freely elected, what, 18 months ago?

In fairness, he also made the point that Donegal people would probably vote no to free tv licences. Do you think the Brits would take them back?

Comment

There were two scrums after van der Merwe was brought on where it was clear that Ross who had played well up to then was fucked and couldn't stand up against the fresh Heinke but Kidney let Ross suffer for another 10 minutes until after he had given away three points under pressure. Whatever you think of Bent being there he is there and there is no point in having him scratch himself on the bench when hes urgently needed on the pitch. If we defend that scrum and get it away we are going in to the last phase of the game a point down and you have a whole different game.

As for ROG kicking the game away WTF was that about?
                                                                                          The almost universal moan on the way out was that he had backed the handicap draw or was on a bonus for it or some other gambling themed moan. It was an extraordinary decision from a professional player, you have I suppose a 16/1 ish chance of getting up and scoring a try to beat the Boks and you choose to go for an early bath I don't know what he was thinking but it seems unprofessional and disrespectful of your teammates and your supporters.
                                                                                          I doubt that ROG really would go so far to bet against his own team but if he doesn't care than what is he doing in the team. Unlike most of the other future retirements I dont think he should be kept around the squad to help mentor the youth on how to close a game out and deal with the stresses and step up to the top level.

To wooden for punditry and now it seems not enough heart and respect to put his team above his own ego means he will be no use in a backroom or coaching position. Bleak future I would say.

In terms of Bent I was always in favour of playing our best players so had no problems with him being in the squad. Same as I didn't care if Murphy or Woods played in England they played when they deserved their shirts. Same people cheered on the plastic paddy brigade of Englishmen Jack Charlton put out.

Comment

quote from a Donegal newspaper editor:

ah yes, disillusioned with 100% of the representatives that you, the fuckwits of Donegal, freely elected, what, 18 months ago?

In fairness, he also made the point that Donegal people would probably vote no to free tv licences. Do you think the Brits would take them back?
                                                                                            Ulster says NO.

Comment

Urge to kill rising. 'The best science funding agency in the world.' What does that even MEAN!?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1112/sfi...-business.html

Urge to kill rising. 'The best science funding agency in the world.' What does that even MEAN!?
                                                                                                Tough competition surely?

Comment

Is there anywhere I can watch Love/Hate online? No sign of it on rte player?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                    Come down to my house , I have it recorded
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

It is there http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10085600/

Comment

Cheers Danny, it is telling me "not available in your region". In Berlin atm, anyway round this BS?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          Bon Iver tomorrow night, anyone else going?
                                                                                                          Myself and Brian are heading to it. Any plans beforehand?

Comment

Is there a handy way to watch rte player overseas without d/l aload of stuff? If not what do i need to d/l?
                                                                                                            Google is not my friend on this one.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            You could download this and set it to Ireland says on the main page "RTE player" fingers crossed.

http://www.chris-pc.com/proxy/
                                                                                                            works perfect

Cheers Danny, it is telling me "not available in your region". In Berlin atm, anyway round this BS?
                                                                                                            I posted that link above last night and he is able to get it in Canada so I'm pretty sure it will work for Berlin.

Comment

QQ for the golfers. Is it bad practise to use mixed irons? I'm using a combination of two sets at the moment and there seems to be a huge difference in terms of length and the club head itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Tough competition surely?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CERN
                                                                                                                Exactly. The purpose of research here should really be mostly from an educational standpoint and be basic, cheap, high risk - high reward stuff. We're too small to ever make a real dent in anything. I had to laugh when the DCU site was celebrating a €1m centre for cloud computing that would make Ireland a 'world leader'. Google probably spends that every day on cloud computing research ffs!
                                                                                                                All Intel and the MNCs want is a competent work force and those kind of PhDs can be done very cheaply and the student gets the same training/qualification for a lot less outlay. Spunking €30m on largely unnecessary equipment is ridiculous...If the guys want money, make them sell all the unused crap lying about in labs around the country first.

Comment

Another slam dunk episode of The Walking Dead

Comment

Kayroo, sending a scottish journalist an article you wrote about donegal, he's looking for an explenation of "the system".

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                      Kayroo, sending a scottish journalist an article you wrote about donegal, he's looking for an explenation of "the system".
                                                                                                                      So is every other GAA Coach in the country

Comment

Originally posted by flushjee View Post
                                                                                                                        QQ for the golfers. Is it bad practise to use mixed irons? I'm using a combination of two sets at the moment and there seems to be a huge difference in terms of length and the club head itself.
                                                                                                                        Cant say for sure but i would not see it as bad practice per say, ive recently taken out my 3-4 iron and have chucked a hybrid in there as i can hit it better.

Guess its how comfortable you feel with the clubs themselves and if you can hit them then awesome, one thing to think about is people will often work around a problem when it comes to golf and being consistent is the aim so if your adjusting for the different sets it would not be ideal.

Comment

So is every other GAA Coach in the country
                                                                                                                          If a GAA coach doesn't understand what McGuinness is doing they shouldn't be coaching GAA.

and it's not like he's made a gigantic sea change to GAA tactics.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X