This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    I presume they include stakes in their figure?
    Even still, I'd be amazed if it comes anywhere close to this figure, but I;m prepared to be proven wrong.

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    I said i read the blog and a friend of mine says he knows someone in risk for PP(he does) who said they had only paid out 25k.

Surely that is too low.
    €25k is more like it I reckon, inc. stakes.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        fecking airport free wi-fi, forgot about that, was kind of hoping for the free time from distraction to work on the grand total of zero slides currently prepared for tomorrow's five hours of classes.
        How you reckon I get through the day
        airport, lol

Comment

Fist bump or hug? We've all been there. Awkward is the new awkward.Music: http://soundcloud.com/daviddeweesOMG Embarrassing moments that I am sure these peop...

first is my favourite
          http://mobro.co/zuroph
          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
            Street flood one is lol

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Even still, I'd be amazed if it comes anywhere close to this figure, but I;m prepared to be proven wrong.

€25k is more like it I reckon, inc. stakes.
              Even if I'm wrong in my assessment of the amount paid to IPBers, surely they would have to announce a correct figure. They are a public company subject to audited accounts aren't they?

A difference between a liability of €25,000 versus £400,000 as mentioned in their blog would flag issues with auditing I would have thought.
              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Interview next week with Anglo/IBRC, not sure whether I want it or not even though the money is decent (daily rate contract thing).

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  Interview next week with Anglo/IBRC, not sure whether I want it or not even though the money is decent (daily rate contract thing).
                  Do the interview and ask questions about the role. From what I have been told the work is reasonable boring as it is more maintenance and small migrations rather than any meaningful development. Essentially keeping everything working so the lads can find all the times the law was broken and package everything up for sale.

In terms of the atmosphere it is supposed to be decent, no stress and nobody will be on your back for deadlines.

Basically it will be the opposite to what you are at now which I am sure sounds great but in reality may get a little boring.

If you are worried about it effecting your future ability coming back into the market. No is the answer as you are an IT contractor and there is a big shortage. You may need to adjust your rate as I believe that they are paying over current odds.

My advice take the money, relax and upskill while the work is easy (usually certifications etc) so that you can make more money when you move on. I am a greedy fucker tho

EDIT
                  Just to say they will probs need you more than you need them so dont be afraid to half interview them rather than just let it be one way traffic

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                    Even if I'm wrong in my assessment of the amount paid to IPBers, surely they would have to announce a correct figure. They are a public company subject to audited accounts aren't they?

A difference between a liability of €25,000 versus £400,000 as mentioned in their blog would flag issues with auditing I would have thought.
                    You can be sure of one thing and that is that they are paying out less than the equivalent amount of publicity would cost them.
                    It would have nothing to do with audited figures, as a publicly traded company or a private one they are entitled and almost certain to lie in order to gain the maximum amount of free advertising.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                      Do the interview and ask questions about the role. From what I have been told the work is reasonable boring as it is more maintenance and small migrations rather than any meaningful development. Essentially keeping everything working so the lads can find all the times the law was broken and package everything up for sale.

In terms of the atmosphere it is supposed to be decent, no stress and nobody will be on your back for deadlines.

Basically it will be the opposite to what you are at now which I am sure sounds great but in reality may get a little boring.

If you are worried about it effecting your future ability coming back into the market. No is the answer as you are an IT contractor and there is a big shortage. You may need to adjust your rate as I believe that they are paying over current odds.

My advice take the money, relax and upskill while the work is easy (usually certifications etc) so that you can make more money when you move on. I am a greedy fucker tho

EDIT
                      Just to say they will probs need you more than you need them so dont be afraid to half interview them rather than just let it be one way traffic
                      Nobody would bat an eyelid at you for working there. It would at least mean you might have an interesting Anglo story for your next job. I can't imagine it would be even close to stressful.

I remember buying a bike on the cycle to work scheme a few years ago and the guy ahead of me in the queue was picking his bike up and got asked where he worked in order to find the correct invoice.

He mumbled "Anglo" and the shop assistant didn't hear him and he had to repeat it louder. Twas funny at the time because the guy was obviously embarrassed and it was just after the bank guarantee etc.

These days as long as you don't stray into Cavan I doubt you'd have a problem!!
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Voting machines defective in the states
                        I'm the guy who shot the video, hopefully this doesn't get burried. You guys have questions, I have answers.
                        My wife and I went to the voting booths this morning before work. There were 4 older ladies running the show and 3 voting booths that are similar to a science fair project in how they fold up. They had an oval VOTE logo on top center and a cartridge slot on the left that the volunteers used to start your ballot.
                        I initially selected Obama but Romney was highlighted. I assumed it was being picky so I deselected Romney and tried Obama again, this time more carefully, and still got Romney. Being a software developer, I immediately went into troubleshoot mode. I first thought the calibration was off and tried selecting Jill Stein to actually highlight Obama. Nope. Jill Stein was selected just fine. Next I deselected her and started at the top of Romney's name and started tapping very closely together to find the 'active areas'. From the top of Romney's button down to the bottom of the black checkbox beside Obama's name was all active for Romney. From the bottom of that same checkbox to the bottom of the Obama button (basically a small white sliver) is what let me choose Obama. Stein's button was fine. All other buttons worked fine.
                        I asked the voters on either side of me if they had any problems and they reported they did not. I then called over a volunteer to have a look at it. She him hawed for a bit then calmly said "It's nothing to worry about, everything will be OK." and went back to what she was doing. I then recorded this video.
                        EDIT: There is a lot of speculation that the footage is edited. I'm not a video guy, but if it's possible to prove whether a video has been altered or not, I will GLADLY provide the raw footage to anyone who is willing to do so. The jumping frames are a result of the shitty camera app on my Android phone, nothing more.
                        EDIT2: I have been contacted by NBC Universal and BBC News.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post

These aren’t audited financial statements, they are marketing press releases. They say what they like.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

That doesn't sound like they are defective just republican.

Comment

NH, UL.

Obama congratulates Romney on -spirited campaign-

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Quick Q for people who have a clue bout computers, got one today and only one DVI connection on the back even though I asked does it connect two monitors. Can I just connect one using DVI and one HDMI ?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  Nobody would bat an eyelid at you for working there. It would at least mean you might have an interesting Anglo story for your next job. I can't imagine it would be even close to stressful.
                                  That's not the reason I'm in 2 minds about it. Fuck morality, tbh, it's all about the Benjamins, etc, etc. It's more about the job itself as it is similar to what I was doing a few years ago and is quite niche, so not necessarily a lot that can be used again elsewhere. A friend of mine worked in a similar role to that one a few years back and his boss was a total wagon, and she is one of the people interviewing me, although I don't think I'd be reporting into her, and even if I was it'd be as a contractor anyhow. I'll carry through on the interview anyhow and see how I get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    You can be sure of one thing and that is that they are paying out less than the equivalent amount of publicity would cost them.
                                    It would have nothing to do with audited figures, as a publicly traded company or a private one they are entitled and almost certain to lie in order to gain the maximum amount of free advertising.
                                    I've no doubt they have done an assessment based on the above.

a) %chance of Romney winning + the cost of paying out both v's
                                    b) % chance of Obama winning anyway and no publicity

Where the extra publicity is > the cost of A

Ultimately they believe Obama is going to win and it would cost them more to get publicity than they lose by paying out early and being wrong.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    These aren’t audited financial statements, they are marketing press releases. They say what they like.
                                    I know they're not audited financial statements but they still have the potential to impact on share price. A £400,000 payout has more chance of impacting share price than a €25,000 payout.

It also has more chance of gaining publicity and free marketing of course.

Edit: I guess I just don't buy the €25,000 exposure piece, there is no way it was that low imo.
                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

This was a real ad

More bad ones herehttp://www.cracked.com/article_20097_the-8-most-excessively-disturbing-public-health-campaigns.html
                                      Last edited by Guest; 06-11-12, 18:13.

Comment

Anyone been to Carlingford? Myself and a group of mates heading there for New Years. Would you recommend it? Many pubs, clubs etc?

One of the girls is organising it and recons it's a good spot to go but I always thought it was in the middle of nowhere, none of us have been there before except her and she could be off in her own little world...

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                          This was a real ad

More bad ones herehttp://www.cracked.com/article_20097_the-8-most-excessively-disturbing-public-health-campaigns.html
                                          SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                            Anyone been to Carlingford? Myself and a group of mates heading there for New Years. Would you recommend it? Many pubs, clubs etc?

One of the girls is organising it and recons it's a good spot to go but I always thought it was in the middle of nowhere, none of us have been there before except her and she could be off in her own little world...
                                            Corbett should know but iirc, 4/5 pubs & a hotel outside village. Clubs, don't think so.

More of a golf & few pints after place than a mad spot i'd say

Comment

Its a great spot but no Clubs im afraid, lots of pubs. Although im sure the 4 Seasons hotel will have something on on NY. Strange time of year to think about going there imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Corbett should know but iirc, 4/5 pubs & a hotel outside village. Clubs, don't think so.

More of a golf & few pints after place than a mad spot i'd say
                                                Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                Its a great spot but no Clubs im afraid, lots of pubs. Although im sure the 4 Seasons hotel will have something on on NY. Strange time of year to think about going there imo.
                                                Cheers lads, yeah strange time to go there alright. She's away with the fairies but I wasn't about to stop someone else from organising it. May as well push to go to Kilkenny again.

Comment

Cheers lads, yeah strange time to go there alright. She's away with the fairies but I wasn't about to stop someone else from organising it. May as well push to go to Kilkenny again.
                                                  Knowing what your'e like you'll probably end up heading into Dundalk looking for action after midnight anyway.

Comment

Knowing what your'e like you'll probably end up heading into Dundalk looking for action after midnight anyway.
                                                    Innocent little old me?

SPOILER
                                                    FML brought a girl home last night and she left with my laptop. I wouldn't mind but the tide wouldn't take her out!!! RAGE!!

Comment

I have an Iphone4s unopened in box, how much should I be looking to sell it for? 3 network.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                          Quick Q for people who have a clue bout computers, got one today and only one DVI connection on the back even though I asked does it connect two monitors. Can I just connect one using DVI and one HDMI ?
                                                          Yes, if your monitors don't have HDMI input then you can get a HDMI - DVI converter for a couple of euro or even a cable with HDMI at one end and DVI the other. Effectively the same thing except DVI does not carry audio.
                                                          sigpic
                                                          www.d4events.com

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                            I have an Iphone4s unopened in box, how much should I be looking to sell it for? 3 network.
                                                            Depends on GB's but a 16gb one is going for €600 ready to go wouldn't see why you couldn't get 450-500 banans for it.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                              Depends on GB's but a 16gb one is going for €600 ready to go wouldn't see why you couldn't get 450-500 banans for it.
                                                              Yeah 16gb cheers

Comment

Great craic in that hotel with a hillbilly crowd. If you want fancy nightclubs then its a no. But if you want some decent food, mad cross eyed locals and an early morning hike or sea paddle on New Year's Day then it's a cracker.
                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                  Great craic in that hotel with a hillbilly crowd. If you want fancy nightclubs then its a no. But if you want some decent food, mad cross eyed locals and an early morning hike or sea paddle on New Year's Day then it's a cracker.
                                                                  Ticks all the boxes then.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Its an iPhone 4 not 5 if you are lucky you might get someone dumb to give you 40 for it.

Comment

Its an iPhone 4 not 5 if you are lucky you might get someone dumb to give you 40 for it.
                                                                      Huh hardly? Chanel is looking for any kind of iphone for xmas but no way can I afford hundreds. Any I looked ta adverts.ie were anything from 280 for iphone 4 to 400 ish for iphone 4s

So if anyone is selling either in good condition for a reasonable price I would be interested
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

You can sell used iPhone 4s to envirofone or O2 for €150+

That's like saying an old model 5 series becomes worthless when they bring out a new shape.

Comment

Pretty sure SP is just ranting about Apples marketing ability to make consumers covet the new model and not even consider the old after the release.
                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I turned down a couple of roles in there, I'm sure it would be OK if you can just do your job and forget about the wider context. Anyone I know in there can't wait to get out and is just waiting on 'the package'.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Going to a ball tonight, going to enjoy ticking off my election bets at the bar as they come in

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                Going to a ball tonight, going to enjoy ticking off my election bets at the bar as they come in
                                                                                Get a bottle of XO to celebrate obv.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Fucking hell Man City. Why did I bet on you

Comment

City

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                      After last season & their first 3 matches this season, why indeed. What price were they?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                        Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                        City
                                                                                        WP us idiots

Comment

After last season & their first 3 matches this season, why indeed. What price were they?
                                                                                          2/5

Comment

Gwan Dortmund!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              Gwan Dortmund!
                                                                                              FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Gwan Dortmund
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Threw them into an accumulator with Real Madrid, Schalke and PSG.

Comment

Full tilt comes back online. I insta drop 2.2k in 3k hands on my first day back. I remember why i hate this game.

Comment

SPOILER

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

One Word, Malaga.
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

SPOILER

this is just brilliant
                                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

WTF! Has Aguero got studs?

Comment

A bit harsh?
                                                                                                              I don't think so he can fuck right off IMO I've asked him a few times to stop spamming me and to tell me who gave him my email address.

Hi Neil,

I've previously asked your business not to contact me again and yet you continue to do so. In future I will be invoicing you at at rate of €50 per e mail received as a handling charge for dealing with your unsolicited mails.

However I do want to know where you got my email address from. and I will accept free of charge a mail from your personal account explaining how you acquired my contact details as I never gave them to you.

Please reply within 24 hours with the answer to the above question or I will be forced to report you to the Data Commissioner for your repeated refusal to stop sending me unsolicited e mails.

Regards
                                                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-11-12, 21:11.

Comment

Aguero spanish apperantly.

Comment

What exactly do those knobends behind the goal do in these CL games?

Comment

Screw City it seems, which was fun to see.

Comment

Like are those guys professional?
                                                                                                                      At least in gaa the two lads are amatuers.
                                                                                                                      Considering the 10s of millions at stake if a team qualifies or not cluesless fooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                        One Word, Malaga.
                                                                                                                        Sigh bbv. 1-1
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpGd74DrBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoWJkrlptNs

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X