This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
    Henry unlucky think Wales might pick Tupuric and Warburton needed Henry to turnover ball nest 7 in these islands.

Gilroy is class with the ball maybe the heavy wet weather does not suit his dancing feet.
    A good dry day in Cardiff roof on and he coud make hay.
    Dunn why Trimble not in squad and fuck off with Rog sure hell come on at 60 with Sexton to 12.
    anyone have any suggestions to where 2 welshmen can watch this game? family is visiting this weekend so would be nice to go to a pub with the old man for the match.

Non-city center/pref near D12? Im not too familiar with decent bars outside of city center

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Murray a different player this season. Really very solid and quick
      The less he thinks about the game and plays with instinct the better he is. He has the most talent and if the coaches leave him alone and stop fucking with him he'll do very well.

It's hard with all these different guys looking to have an input at National level to just tell them to fuck off and that you'l play your own game, but in 80% of the cases that's what they should do.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

fecking rugby crap can we not go back to talking about diets?
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
          Gimmeabreak

SPOILER

Nick Leeson

SPOILER
          No wonder Noel ditched his career in AIB. He was doomed there!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            My old man really has trouble with foreign names. We were talking about Barcelona this morning and while Flabbergast kept me amused for a good while, his assertion that Sanchez-Vicario shouldn't be on the team left me rightly confused.
            Is your old man a tennis fan perchance?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
              I agree with the bolded bit but the bench is what could cost us.

Front row options are weak both propping in the scrum and with the overthrow king in the lineout.

DOC?? - a lack of better options sees him there. Not his fault in fairness.

The backline options are hardly inspiring.

Reddan, ROG, Sexton and Earls finishing the game is hardly good if we're chasing a score.

As for Zebo in defence it's not so much his tackling as his aerial abilities and his positioning.

But that could be a munster 2011/2012 thing as much as anything and it may be better under Penney - I haven't seen enough to call it.
              I'm a big fan of kilcoyne but the other front row reserves are a liability. Harsh on DOC he's played like a man reborn this season and will play a vital role in defence
              Reddan ad ROG are lucky to be still in the squad
              Zebo has been brilliant under the high ball this season for club and country. It's actually been a standout feature of his game and lead to Kidney aicking him at full back for Ireland in November

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post
                anyone have any suggestions to where 2 welshmen can watch this game? family is visiting this weekend so would be nice to go to a pub with the old man for the match.

Non-city center/pref near D12? Im not too familiar with decent bars outside of city center
                D 12 Bradys Terenure right in center of village can get a decent feed and Ken Dohertys snooker club is adjoined i think.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post

If you see a sign on the door saying "no tracksuits" there's a good chance you will be welcome to come in and watch the rugby match. If not, they will probably be showing Celtic or United

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                    I'm a big fan of kilcoyne but the other front row reserves are a liability. Harsh on DOC he's played like a man reborn this season and will play a vital role in defence
                    Reddan ad ROG are lucky to be still in the squad
                    Zebo has been brilliant under the high ball this season for club and country. It's actually been a standout feature of his game and lead to Kidney aicking him at full back for Ireland in November
                    I'd still take a fit Dan Touhy ahead of DOC.

I hope you're right about Kilcoyne.

Paul Marshall and Madigan for me on the bench. UL Paddy Jackson and Isaac Boss.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Off to get lasered...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Off to get lasered...
                        Good luck Conor! Don't blink!!

Comment

D 12 Bradys Terenure right in center of village can get a decent feed and Ken Dohertys snooker club is adjoined i think.
                          Other options would be The Morgue in Templeogue Village or The Orchard in Rathfarnam (Morgue prob not as packed & has PP shop beside & decent grub).

Comment

I'd still take a fit Dan Touhy ahead of DOC.

I hope you're right about Kilcoyne.

Paul Marshall and Madigan for me on the bench. UL Paddy Jackson and Isaac Boss.
                            Tuohy hasn't had a good season. Was outshone by DOC in the Fiji match which put him down Deccie's pecking order. He's had injury problems since then and will have to do a lot at club level before he features again. He may struggle though because for me Henderson is looking more like a second row than a 6 and will have his position locked up for club and country by the end of this year.

Kilcoyne was born to play rugby in the front row. You can't coach that level of physicality and love of contact. He's not the complete ticket yet but he's on the road. Cian Healy is world class but now we have serious back up in this position

I'd go with Marshall and Madigan/Jackson on the bench. Reddan has been poor this season and ROG was finished some time ago

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Off to get lasered...
                                Bikini line or the full whack back sack and crack?

Comment

Zebo, Kearney, gilroy is as exciting a back three as we've had in years.

Very happy with the boldness of the selection. Was expecting Decie to have John Hayes and Eric Miller playing.

Must be the bravest Decie selection for a competitive game?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Very happy with the boldness of the selection. Was expecting Decie to have John Hayes and Eric Miller playing.

Not just a competitive match, but the key match for us really in the 6N. V ballsy.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                      Is your old man a tennis fan perchance?
                                      Oh I know where it came from...just that she hasn't been on the scene in about 20 years and he manages to pluck it from nowhere. Oh the trouble he used to have with Ivanisevic!

Comment

Think his hand has been forced.
                                        Kearney picks himself.
                                        Tommy Bowe is injured.
                                        Trimble off form.
                                        Fitz just back from long term injury.
                                        And Earls thinks hes a center not playing great.

Kidding me will say hes giving lads a chance and he is but only because he has damn all choice.
                                        Like the back 3 all right.

Comment

Off to get lasered...
                                          Jesus Christ I royally BBV'd myself. They rang literally 5 minutes ago to cancel, some problem with the air conditioning.

Comment

What decisions did he have to make?

Kearney is a lock at full back.

Trimble, Fitzgerald, McFadden, Earls, D Kearney or the two he picked.

I doubt he gets roasted for any of those, or that any of them let him down terribly (apart from Trimble ).

He's hardly rolled the dice on the bench which will make or break him. ROG and Reddan??

You could argue Fitzpatrick, Cronin, DOC, Kilcoyne, Earls and Henry pick themselves but the replacement outhalves were active decisions and that plus our attacking and defensive style will be the sum total of his active contribution to the winning or losing of this game.

He's even brought in McNulty for the head shrinkage so he can't be claiming credit for that aspect any more either.

Comment

Jesus Christ I royally BBV'd myself. They rang literally 5 minutes ago to cancel, some problem with the air conditioning.
                                              BBV'd the earlier patient more like. Air conditioning my eye.

Comment

BBV'd the earlier patient more like. Air conditioning my eye.

Ha I thought that for a sec, the girl on the phone did sound awfully nervous!

Comment

definitely.

Probably the closest selection to the right starting XV he's gotten right in years!

Reddan and ROG should have made way for Marshall & Madigan on the bench though.

POM/Henry interchangeable between first XV and bench spot too.

Comment

What decisions did he have to make?

Kearney is a lock at full back.

Trimble, Fitzgerald, McFadden, Earls, D Kearney or the two he picked.

I doubt he gets roasted for any of those, or that any of them let him down terribly (apart from Trimble ).

He's hardly rolled the dice on the bench which will make or break him. ROG and Reddan??

You could argue Fitzpatrick, Cronin, DOC, Kilcoyne, Earls and Henry pick themselves but the replacement outhalves were active decisions and that plus our attacking and defensive style will be the sum total of his active contribution to the winning or losing of this game.

He's even brought in McNulty for the head shrinkage so he can't be claiming credit for that aspect any more either.
                                                    I wouldn't of been surprised to see him pick a back three of Kearney, MacFadden, Trimble. Even when his hand has seemed forced in the past, he has continued to be extremely conservative.

Agree with you on the bench and there are some other calls I'd of welcomed but there's no question that this is a bold selection by decides standards, regardless of form or injuries.

Comment

Madigan needs more top level playing time before getting a spot on the bench imo. Just in case sexton got injured and it was a crucial game Id still rather have experience there for now. Madigan will get his shot next year depending how he plays for Leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                        Yep it's too early for Fitz. I would have Henry at 7 and SOB at 6 but it's marginal.
                                                        This except its not a bit marginal O'Mahoney would be good for impact last ten minutes for whichever of the two is more battered.
                                                        Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                        Murray a different player this season. Really very solid and quick
                                                        Seriously he's gone backwards over the last 6 months. Woeful in the Wolfhounds game and pretty anonymous in the last 2 Ulster matches.
                                                        Replacements don't look very deep and I think Trimble is a better option for utility cover.

I thought he was doing a decent job of trying to fight for his place in those games and TBH I'd marginally prefer to have him on the bench than Earls especially if we were defending a lead in the last 20 minutes.
                                                        If BOD doesn't see out the pace and there's a significant chance he won't be able to then they'll be plonking Earls back in for him and no matter how much he wants to fill in there its just not the spot for him.
                                                        Add to that if Zebo doesn't raise his game to the level needed on Saturday, a level I don't think he's at yet we could be in serious bother for cover in the backs.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                          Madigan needs more top level playing time before getting a spot on the bench imo. Just in case sexton got injured and it was a crucial game Id still rather have experience there for now. Madigan will get his shot next year depending how he plays for Leinster.
                                                          Hacked Account?

Comment

is that 10 percent gone dice?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Would be up for the chess league thing, played at a semi decent level back in my mid teens, haven't payed at all in ~20 years! Wouldn't mind getting back into it a bit.

Have just recently got roped into chess club in the national school, never taught the game before, anyone any tips on teaching the game to absolute beginners?
                                                              6-8yr olds typically.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                                Have just recently got roped into chess club in the national school, never taught the game before, anyone any tips on teaching the game to absolute beginners?
                                                                6-8yr olds typically.
                                                                The King Stay The King.Pawns, they get capped quick. They're out of the game early. Unless they some smart ass pawns.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  is that 10 percent gone dice?
                                                                  If u want 10, u can have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                    If u want 10, u can have it.
                                                                    ill take it ill ship tomorrow, pm me your boyles on stars whatever you prefer.
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

if someone fancies wasting an afternoon

airport, lol

Comment

I'm testing the chess app via Facebook,anyone on my friend list want a quick game? Might be a useful app if it's any good. I'm around for 45 mins.
                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Does Coleman take other callers onto his show?

should we all call in and support Hitch?

Comment

What sites are there in the same vein as coursera? Currently doing a 6 week course on it and would like to try a few more in the coming months but no upcoming courses catch my attention on coursera.

Comment

Not from the sun anyways.
                                                                              Have bastarden chect infection finished course of antibiotics need more help.
                                                                              Another 55 euro for 2 mins
                                                                              Manuka honey ftw?
                                                                              Been in this boat a few times, ring him and say to him it still hasnt cleared, if hes sound he'll just right a prescription you can pick up

Comment

Think his hand has been forced.
                                                                                Kearney picks himself.
                                                                                Tommy Bowe is injured.
                                                                                Trimble off form.
                                                                                Fitz just back from long term injury.
                                                                                And Earls thinks hes a center not playing great.

Kidding me will say hes giving lads a chance and he is but only because he has damn all choice.
                                                                                Like the back 3 all right.

I agree to a point but I still expected Deccie to go with Earls at 11. The other point is that Deccie is at the end of his contract which is unlikely to be renewed if what I'm hearing is true. It's easy for his to take chances now with nothing to lose
                                                                                As regards the game on Saturday, for all the talent at 11, 14 and 15 on both sides I expect this to be won between 1 and 10. Both sides have so much to lose if they get this one wrong so it will be a cagey affair, especially in the first half. I will be quietly confident if Wales select two groundhogs in their backrow as has been mooted. The Irish backrow has a good bit of ballast and balance to it so I would hope we get the upper hand here this time round. As for the set piece we should be targeting the Welsh lineout given their injury woes at lock and securing possession on our own throw. The latter is dependent on Best staying free of the yips and staying on the pitch. If the Ulsterman is having a bad day with his arrows or we have to rely on Cronin then all bets are off. Mike Ross will play an equally important role at scrum time where I'm sure the Taffs are targetting us

Wales aren't as bad as a run of 7 losses on the bounce might suggest. For once they aren't mouthing off in the run up to a big game which suggests a quiet, steely focus rateher than the usual verdal diarrhoea they engage in. This is also a Lions year which means everyone is playing for places even when the national team might be struggling. I do expect Ireland to win this though. Wales are a real momentum side and thrive on confidence. At the moment they have none of either. Ireland have a strong side out with many players in excellent form at club level of late. I expect us to get a significant edge up front and make it count.

From a betting perspective I think Ireland are overpriced for this game. 11/8 with Stan James is the best price availabe for match betting. The alternative handicap of Ireland -10 is also worth a cheely little nibble when you look at Ireland's winning margins over Wales in the 6N

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

If by support you mean rip the piss out of him, then I'm up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

That Coleman chap is a ignorant tool with no perception of how a microphone works. Painful stuff.

gl Hitch

Comment

Coleman: Next Caller: "the Rigger" from Dublin:

"Hi Mark. Just on the topic of 3rd level pay. Could you get Michael to tell that story about the jetski and the bag of money?"

Hitch: "Errr..."

Comment

What station, what time for this radio show?

Comment

Newstalk 10pm.

Comment

No doubt he'll just end up getting 3 seconds like Zuroph last night

Comment

TV quiz shows getting weirder. This one is on ITV now. You answer questions and then you play one of these to try and get coins

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

From the Newstalk website.

Coleman at Large with Marc Coleman is where brainless consensus is broken and waffling is exposed in a no holds barred debate.
                                                                                                He'd be the King of Wafflers if he could stop coughing, spluttering, emmmming, awwing and using malapropisms all night long.

Comment

Nice article, must get the book

Comment

fucko.
                                                                                                    Forgot it was the ma's birthday and drunkenly said over xmas I'll bring her somewhere nice for dinner.
                                                                                                    Somewhere no spicy food, relaxed, closed to ballyfermot/chapolizod and not mad out the door on a tuesday night.

Idea's please?
                                                                                                    I'm thinking the angler's rest but open to suggestions
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

From the Newstalk website.

He\'d be the King of Wafflers if he could stop coughing, spluttering, emmmming, awwing and using malapropisms all night long.
                                                                                                      Hes due to have a fine exponent of brainless consensus on tonight for the breaking.
                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        fucko.
                                                                                                        Forgot it was the ma's birthday and drunkenly said over xmas I'll bring her somewhere nice for dinner.
                                                                                                        Somewhere no spicy food, relaxed, closed to ballyfermot/chapolizod and not mad out the door on a tuesday night.

Idea's please?
                                                                                                        I'm thinking the angler's rest but open to suggestions
                                                                                                        Bring her to Shanahans ta fuck. She wont be around forever.

Comment

Really psyched to tune into hear hitch. Will be tuning in, possibly with milf.
                                                                                                          I'lll let you know what she makes of it Hitch, I'm sure her approval is a significant concern of yours.

At the library, getting nothing done. The woman beside me has eaten 4 kitkats (tbf, they are fun sized), her phone keeps going off and she has managed to let the sound go off on her laptop a number of times while she listens to shite music and watches Raw on the RTE player.

The two schoolgirl to my right were having a great auld natter and laugh, speculating about who on their facebooks may be gay. Tbh, I preferred them doing that to actually working which they started to recently as then I felt bad about the fact that I have done nothing but piss about here and facebook.

Offered them chocolate muffins as I bought a pack of four in Iceland but they declined politely.
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Nut library prank from my college days.

When friend goes for smoke/lunch/shite/class

Go to their laptop. Put in your earphones. Load up porno with lots of moaning. Turn up volume. Close down the laptop screen. Take out earphones.

Go back to your seat and do nothing while you wait for person to return
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                              Bring her to Shanahans ta fuck. She wont be around forever.
                                                                                                              mam, dad, missus, brother, sis in law.
                                                                                                              And she likes steak well done
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Expenses ftw, business meeting. Then charge the rest of them cash. Win win.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                  Nut library prank from my college days.

When friend goes for smoke/lunch/shite/class

Go to their laptop. Put in your earphones. Load up porno with lots of moaning. Turn up volume. Close down the laptop screen. Take out earphones.

Go back to your seat and do nothing while you wait for person to return
                                                                                                                  Thanks, lolling out loud again.

Taking my nephews to the wrestling in April. You going?

Comment

@DP, is there a bugerking in the area?
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                      Thanks, lolling out loud again.

Taking my nephews to the wrestling in April. You going?
                                                                                                                      If I'm in Dublin, it's a date

Comment

If I'm in Dublin, it's a date
                                                                                                                        April 19th, 33 squid for the cheap seats. Think we should rush the stage and beat the piss out of that Seamus lad, send him back to Cabra.

Thinking about booking 4 tickets?
                                                                                                                        We can take them for their first pints afterwards, they are 10 and 7.

Zod, you in?
                                                                                                                        @ehonda?

Any takers, make your solid dependable claim before 6pm.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 29-01-13, 17:39.

Comment

19th April is the missus birthday, do you think we can get a song from them?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X