X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
    Quick one for the Vegas boffins.

Planning a group trip (friends and gf all mid 20s), Hard Rock is being mooted as the venue.

So two questions:
    1. Thoughts on the hotel?
    2. How is the poker room?

I've been to Vegas twice, 1st trip to Excalibur as a student and second time MGM with the family which I really enjoyed, poker room was excellent.

Thanks in advance
    Was there twice on the last trip (a little over a year ago) as some friends were staying there. They said the rooms were decent. Pokerwise, we were waiting about 30 mins for a 1-2 game to get started one evening and I don't think there was any running the next evening.

Generally i'd always lean towards something closer to the strip.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      when i poker went down last week there was 18 euro in my account.
      i was playing a 5er rebuy and had rebought i had also regged a 20+2 game an 10+1 game a 3 dollar game and a 7 dollar game.
      when refunds came back i had 35 euro in my account
      and now boyles tell me ive got all my money.
      all boylepoker support do is give me the runaround
      whats my play
      Drop me a PM with the details and I'll chase it up for you.

Comment

just burnt my boob

was taking out a carrot to see was it cooked and bit it in half , one half went in my mouth and the other half down my v neck OMFG that was sore!!
        Her sky-ness
        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          Physically can't get out of bed to go up the mountain today - 10 days of beer antics and no sleep starting to take its toll. Skied last week so switched to boarding this week. After this I'd never go on a sun holiday again where you just lie on a beach load of shite imo.
          Absolute nut holiday. I hate getting sunburnt and getting wet. Did a season in Les Deux alpes. One of the best holidays I ever went on. Broke my back in three places unfortunately snowboarding so it was cut short. Got lucky though, no surgery , just a brace for 3 months. Would 100% go again.

Comment

Just wrote a shopping list:

Choc milk
            crisps
            vodka

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
              Absolute nut holiday. I hate getting sunburnt and getting wet. Did a season in Les Deux alpes. One of the best holidays I ever went on. Broke my back in three places unfortunately snowboarding so it was cut short. Got lucky though, no surgery , just a brace for 3 months. Would 100% go again.
              IPB ski trip? Im sure we could rustle up a crew!
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                Slow news day so might as well throw this up here:

Being a sucker for punishment I've allowed the Doc to bully me into doing the the "hell and back" run on the 3rd of February.

It basically seems to be a 10k run through a barb wire filled marsh.

Anyway, the two of us are hoping to raise a few shekels for a charity that's particularly close to the my family - Cystic Fibrosis Ireland.

If anyone has a few coppers rattling around and is feeling generous, we've set up a page where you can donate, it would be much appreciated

Here's a link to the run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEz2gaee8ow
                that actually looks like great craic.
                Oddly, I'd much rather do this than a bog standard 10k run on a track.
                Dress up like rambo and go mental
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

when i poker went down last week there was 18 euro in my account.
                    i was playing a 5er rebuy and had rebought i had also regged a 20+2 game an 10+1 game a 3 dollar game and a 7 dollar game.
                    when refunds came back i had 35 euro in my account
                    and now boyles tell me ive got all my money.
                    all boylepoker support do is give me the runaround
                    whats my play
                    Move down levels

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      Move down levels
                      ?
                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                        Drop me a PM with the details.
                        Stay out of my territory.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Move down levels
                          buy me into the Irish Open, 50-50%
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Have reached the stage where i cant dohelp with kids homework

sigh

Comment

Crazy Germans

A German student "mooned" a group of Hell's Angels and hurled a puppy at them before escaping on a stolen bulldozer, police have said.
                              Check www.directski.com for prices btw bcb
                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                buy me into the Irish Open, 50-50%
                                NP

Comment

NP
                                  YESSSSSSS

I promise I'll wear a "OMG it's Jason Thompkins" t-shirt and needle Lappin non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    lets say I wanted to go skiing.

where would/could I fly to?
                                    how do i get to the ski resort?
                                    whats the story with accomodation/any recommendations?
                                    whats the deall with renting ski gear/ski school/ski lessons?
                                    Get a package with the likes of crystalski saves a lot of hassle. Try not to get stuck with the Ibiza crowd (unless that's what you want). i.e. spend a bit more money and go to a more up market resort.

Alternatively, join a larger group that is going and pay your money to the organiser is often the best way for a first trip. Dom is a big skiing fan.......just saying like!

Arranging your own flights, transfers (which can be awkward), accommodation etc. especially for a small group can be pretty painful. A bigger group is easier as that's what the resorts seem to be setup for and you're spreading the costs and it's more fun as it's more likely that one or two of the group will be at your level.

You rent everything except for the ski clothes when you get there.
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                      just burnt my boob

was taking out a carrot to see was it cooked and bit it in half , one half went in my mouth and the other half down my v neck OMFG that was sore!!
                                      Get well soon.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

lets say I wanted to go skiing

Let's not. Skiing is an abomination, practiced only by sunlight-deprived Nordic types and those who think spending hundreds of Euro on North Face gear (made by Vietnamese pre-teens) somehow qualifies them as 'sporty'. Mountains are there to be looked at or, better still, flown over on the way to somewhere pleasant. 'Alpine' means uninhabitable in the original argot.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Let's not. Skiing is an abomination, practiced only by sunlight-deprived Nordic types and those who think spending hundreds of Euro on North Face gear (made by Vietnamese pre-teens) somehow qualifies them as 'sporty'. Mountains are there to be looked at or, better still, flown over on the way to somewhere pleasant. 'Alpine' means uninhabitable in the original argot.
                                          Go to the alps during the summer when there's no snow, or skiiers, lovely part of the world.

Comment

Nonsense!

Although I broke my wrist on Saturday so u may have a point... Bring wrist guards if snowboarding.
                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Go to the alps during the summer when there's no snow, or skiiers, lovely part of the world.
                                              The local population of tight-assed Swiss burghers would surely prohibit anyone with a modicum of sense from following this ridiculous advice.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                Absolute nut holiday. I hate getting sunburnt and getting wet.
                                                Got sunburnt to pieces and sucked at snowboarding, still a great trip.

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                IPB ski trip? Im sure we could rustle up a crew!
                                                Would be up for that depending when etc.

Comment

The local population of tight-assed Swiss burghers would surely prohibit anyone with a modicum of sense from following this ridiculous advice.
                                                  Alps in Germany too.

Comment

Is Cameron really going to play chicken with Europe and let the Little Englanders have their referendum?
                                                    I understand that he's owned body and soul by Murdoch and will do as he's told but I can't see any way it ends well for him. Not really sure what benefit there is to Murdoch or anyone else by England leaving or being marginalised(and it would be just England NI and Scotland will not be leaving).
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                      Got sunburnt to pieces and sucked at snowboarding, still a great trip.

Would be up for that depending when etc.
                                                      yeah? I dont mind looking into it if we get interest. Suppose we'd need 5 or more before it takes off.
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                        Get a package with the likes of crystalski saves a lot of hassle. Try not to get stuck with the Ibiza crowd (unless that's what you want). i.e. spend a bit more money and go to a more up market resort.

Alternatively, join a larger group that is going and pay your money to the organiser is often the best way for a first trip. Dom is a big skiing fan.......just saying like!

Arranging your own flights, transfers (which can be awkward), accommodation etc. especially for a small group can be pretty painful. A bigger group is easier as that's what the resorts seem to be setup for and you're spreading the costs and it's more fun as it's more likely that one or two of the group will be at your level.

You rent everything except for the ski clothes when you get there.
                                                        Went to Livigno with crystal ski last year shower of cunts to be honest.
                                                        Reps were fine had no training and were let down by there superiors.

On way home a treachorous journey through mountain ravines our buses heating system failed at -19celcius and the driver unable to see window fogged up and froze in seconds.

Frantically rubbing the windows with the local alcoholic drink was not effective.

Ws a mini bus and they would not arrange any other transport which was deadly dangerous.

Evetualy got picked up by a Danish coach eventually got 200 euro compenstaion after getting the whole group to email the pricks abuse about or shoddy treatment of course admitted no liability etc.

-19 with no heating on a piece of crap old bus was no fun when a slip off the road would have been a few hundred meters into a ravine.
                                                        Please do not use these people.

Comment

Alps in Germany too.
                                                          Exactly

Comment

I like watching Eggheads, but it must be home to the worst nickname ever. Tremendous Knowledge Dave is just a crap one, especially since it seems compared to most of the others it seems to be an ironic moniker.

Comment

Id reccommend Livigno Italy.
                                                              It can be a bit of a trek from airport from Bergamo in Italy or Innsbruck in Austria.
                                                              Its Europes highest parish at 1816metres above sea level and nearly always gets good snow.
                                                              Its duty free 6 euro for a litre of Whiskey vodka wine very cheap and popping into a supermarket 100s of different meats mind boggling selection.
                                                              Drinks in pubs are expensive enough not as dear as at home but spirits are usually poured .
                                                              Eating out is grand good value.
                                                              The village is flanked on both sides by mountains and skiing is available ob both sides.
                                                              Its ideal for beginners lots of blue slopes.

If you go to your lessons and are not like Bambi at the end of the week youll be flying.

Going through a ski operator is best they organise the lessons gear ski pass everything doing it yoruself be a pain in the hole.

6or 7 years ago the place was hopping last year numbers were down bless the recession means more space on slopes needed when your a lump and akward.

Have been to Soll in Austria night life was good skiing was poor bad snow hitting patches of grass etc.
                                                              Also in Andorra and wouldnt be pushed to go there again either.

Of possible id do some training before hand your going to be sore and bring some anti inflammetrys if you can help so much.

Dont do the irish thing on the piss till 2 in the morning and missing your lessons.
                                                              Do apre ski have a skinnful from 4 or 5 get to bed at 9.
                                                              Definitely go the fresh air is great any hangover fys away after an hour.

Comment

The Swiss are my most hated nation of people. About 15 years a load of them moved to the village that im from in Co.Clare. They built 15-20 houses (not holiday homes) down by lake where we used to swim. They then put up signs saying Privat. Cunts couldnt even spell it right. And they fucked us over like 15 times in the soccer in the late 90s early 00s everyone is allowed to feel irrational hatred towards one country/ race (two tops) without being considered racist. Fuck the Swiss imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                  Quick one for the Vegas boffins.

Planning a group trip (friends and gf all mid 20s), Hard Rock is being mooted as the venue.

So two questions:
                                                                  1. Thoughts on the hotel?
                                                                  2. How is the poker room?

I've been to Vegas twice, 1st trip to Excalibur as a student and second time MGM with the family which I really enjoyed, poker room was excellent.

Thanks in advance
                                                                  Really depends on budget but I imagine there's going to be a better location than Hard Rock in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                    yeah? I dont mind looking into it if we get interest. Suppose we'd need 5 or more before it takes off.
                                                                    Sounds good, surely a few more around here interested?

Comment

Andorra is pretty good for beginners and nightlife imo.

Comment

Munster fly half Ronan O'Gara starts a brawl during his side's fixture away to Edinburgh at Murrayfield in January 2013 after kicking the Edinburgh lock Sean...

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                          Sounds good, surely a few more around here interested?
                                                                          Possibly depending on dates with work I lose a lot of flexibility time wise
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Possibly depending on dates with work I lose a lot of flexibility time wise
                                                                            Im very easy so yourself and oscar find a week thatd suit and we shall move from there...?

Comment

Exactly
                                                                              French Alps Rule!!!

Comment

I'm not a huge skiing fan overall but there is something nice about a crisp run with very few people on it, and a bit of sun on the slopes and the propsect of the adrenaline rush to come.

The crazy mofos risking your life and limbs and theirs, the euro snobbery and the hassle of getting there I can live without.

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                Andorra is pretty good for beginners and nightlife imo.
                                                                                I didn't like Andorra. Give us your money and fuck off seemed to be the order of the day. Grand if I was interested on going on the piss every night. Good Argentinian steak house though but the service was as slow as a wet fucking week. My best move in Andorra was arranging a sports massage for every day after the skiing lessons.

Cervinia is a nice italian resort for beginners and mainly populated by Italians which I liked. I personally like a bit of culture.

Vermont seems like a very nice place to ski as well but I only went snow shoeing there as I couldn't be arsed arranging ski rental etc for one day of skiing.

Whistler is supposed to be the business. Personally I'd prefer to trek up to Yellowstone but if you were going to go skiing you could do a lot worse I'd say....
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

My eldest wee girl's Alopecia has got very bad this past few weeks, today she got her 1st wig. She really is my hero, she doesn't give two shits and is such a happy wee girl, but loved this wee surprise today.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

bad state of affairs when ya need to google how to tie a tie
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I wouldnt worry. I see people everyday, in work, in town, at lunch, who think they can tie a tie... but can't. Its one of those things I notice about people pretty fast, that, their shoes and their watch.

Comment

that guy who takes ages with every decision on blaaahs ept ft is on highroller ft at the pca
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

This is just awesome imo, the day the world was introduced to this amazing song....

Mic Christopher "Heyday" filmed at The Spirit Store Dundalk, Ireland by Patrick Glennon
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                                                                                            My eldest wee girl's Alopecia has got very bad this past few weeks, today she got her 1st wig. She really is my hero, she doesn't give two shits and is such a happy wee girl, but loved this wee surprise today.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                                                            OMG thats so sweet, brought a tear to my eye. The wig is beautiful on her and looks perfect.
                                                                                            What a great gal!!!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Anyone help with this ?

Comment

I just opened the back door and got that delicious summery smell of barbecue.

Neighbour three doors up has the bbq goin.

Fair balls to him imo.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                  I just opened the back door and got that delicious summery smell of barbecue.

Neighbour three doors up has the bbq goin.

Fair balls to him imo.
                                                                                                  Talking of food , Mia is eating a huge bowl of Sugar puffs, I had a sneaky spoonful , Oh my oh my I forgot how good they are!
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

clip on FTW
                                                                                                    48

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                      Fuck, forgot this was starting tonight. No funds online either.

Comment

didi and barton at it again
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                          Fuck, forgot this was starting tonight. No funds online either.
                                                                                                          ffs do any of ye use your reminders on the phones.
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I've an almighty $6 on paddy if its any use to someone

Comment

ffs do any of ye use your reminders on the phones.
                                                                                                              Thought it was next week for some strange reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                                clip on FTW
                                                                                                                Velcro yo.
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                  Thought it was next week for some strange reason.
                                                                                                                  It is
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

It is
                                                                                                                    Starting next week. Duh

Comment

Joey Barton obv an idiot but pretty funny seeing him expose Hamann on Twitter.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                                                                                                                        I've an almighty $6 on paddy if its any use to someone
                                                                                                                        Can't ship till tomorrow so I'll just play the next one and miss this. Thanks for the offer though.

GLGLGL

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                          Joey Barton obv an idiot but pretty funny seeing him expose Hamann on Twitter.
                                                                                                                          i dont think hes nearly as stupid as he lets on.
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X