Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slashing their guarantees doesn't make them anywhere near as bad as the joke of a network named iPoker.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      He was UTG IIRC

Any link for this?
      Jaysus even utg ... I wouldn't be writing about it if I did it but I guess you have to admire his honesty!

click
      Abortion debate: was the Govt right to opt for legislation?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        He is an interesting human.

He has educated me for the last 45 mins on youtube through intelligence and wit.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          He is an interesting human.

He has educated me for the last 45 mins on youtube through intelligence and wit.
          Confirmed good egg.

Comment

I wrote a little piece about Páidí for LiveGaelic if anyone's interested. It's not much because tbh even writing it yesterday I was raw as fuck, still don't really know what to say.

Comment

I wrote a little piece about Páidí for LiveGaelic if anyone's interested. It's not much because tbh even writing it yesterday I was raw as fuck, still don't really know what to say.

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/paidi...l-to-a-legend/
              Lovely piece, wp.

Comment

Any interest in a festive WW game?

Comment

Eagle lifts toddler!

Not sure if this was posted.

Comment

fml 57th in The Hot $2.20 (4221 entries) for a whole $15

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      People talk about ipoker being a joke etc, but Ongame have been taking the piss with their guarantees lately, and in the last week have slashed them even further. Off the top of my head, even for the 1st hour i normally play these have been slashed

$54 - $6k @ 6.30pm now a $4k
                      $5r - $10k @ 7pm now a $7.5k
                      $108 - $12k @ 7pm now a $7.5k
                      $11r - $16k @ 7.20pm went from 16k to 12k to 10k now $7.5k
                      $33 - $3k @ 7.30pm now a $1.5k

and lots more

My 3 fave late games hit hard too

$22 - $4k @ 11pm went from 4k to 3k and now 2k
                      $54 - $4k @ 11pm went from 4k to 2.5k to 2k
                      $5r - $16k @11.30pm went from $12k to 8k to 4k

All the $5r games with 5 x $200 seats gtd are now all 3 seats gtd, and these are the only games that were failing to reach the guarantee of all the above. Think they're preparing themselves for a Christmas fallout and the fact that BWIN have moved from Ongame to Party probably had a huge bearing on it. Doesn't help me tho!
                      Time to find a new racket son
                      Online poker is pretty much done!

Comment

Tito stepping down from Barca, relapse of a tumour apparently http://www.joe.ie/football/football-...apse-0031891-1
                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                          Tito stepping down from Barca, relapse of a tumour apparently http://www.joe.ie/football/football-...apse-0031891-1
                          Steve Staunton is hurriedly printing off a copy of his CV and looking for that pack of international stamps in the drawer beside the sink.
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            Indeed , I'm hoping its just a precautionary weather entry as its his only entry in the Grade 1 on Thu, given the trainers MO he will continue to aim for the top until proven otherwise. For most people it would be an opportunity that would be hard to avoid, I suppose it will come down to the owners attitude.

Scratched from the G1, left in on Wed.

Comment

First crimbo present dillema of the year, ordered the NFL mad brother a 49'ers pint glass and other bits and bobs..just got word from the mother that the glass is smashed to pieces. Returning it and getting the replacement will take about 3 weeks according to the customer service dude i just spoke to.

Any NFL fans on here know of any shops in dublin i could pick something up as obviously ordering online is a bit ambitious.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                  Steve Staunton is hurriedly printing off a copy of his CV and looking for that pack of international stamps in the drawer beside the sink.
                                  Fairly sure Stan's CV is handwritten.
                                  http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                  http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    Mighty BBV need some help!!!

Secret Santa problems! Have one of the lads in work, he is about 30, dont know anything about him and need to get him a secret santa present for 10-15 euro!

Any generic gift ideas for males of this age?

cheers
                                    Prob too late but a nice 12 pack of Heineken for 14E wouldnt be sneezed at by most guys. Had similar situation in My work secret santa this year and the Tins went down a treat. Better than getting some stupid calendar

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      Irish Times article about our multi-ethnic U15s football team.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...327997546.html
                                      My housemate tells me Steven Kinsella is the big star for that side and that no-one in top level youth football is really batting their eyelids at the ever more diverse nature of the elite playing base.
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

That was really well-written, congrats! Much better than what some high-profile sports journalists can manage.

Was in Paudi's bar in Ventry last August for a BBQ the day after a cousin's wedding in Dingle, he seemed in fine form. Had a very brief chat with him about the Cork-Kildare quarter final on TV at the time, very very brief as speaking at any length would just give an ordinary Joe Soap such as myself more time and more rope to hang myself with as a result of lack of insight, and I try to avoid looking like a fool! So sad to think life can end so suddenly at a relatively young age - you can't help but think of your loved ones of the same age (or older) when things like that happen.
                                        Last edited by ionapaul; 19-12-12, 14:17.

Comment

Seriously thaught the end of the world was coming there for a few hours, i couldnt connect to IPB, Google and a ton of other sites but some other general info sites worked

that's how it would start you know, governments would restrict public broadcast and information portals in order to control and reduce panic and widespread general madness!!

Thankfully it's back.... sorry to all the people i ran over on my way to underground bunker!!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                            That was really well-written, congrats! Much better than what some high-profile sports journalists can manage.
                                            Wow, thanks a lot Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                              Is that illeagle?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Is that illeagle?
                                                swooping to a new low.
                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Wow... As someone who doesnt follow the sport.... that piece was prob the best thing i have ever read..

I have read most of these from IPB'ers when they are posted here and the above is one of the best in a great bunch of writing

WP'ed gents!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    wow, eyrie stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                      swooping to a new low.
                                                      There is no tallon whether he's serious or not.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          wow, eyrie stuff.
                                                          Ye can feck your puns, this is the quality of stuff expected

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                            "An Irish horse priced greater than 66/1 hasn't won a race in Ireland over the last six years." well, that's what my cleaned up dataset says. Can that possibly be right?
                                                            Gimmieabreak is always keen to explain why this is despite there being many that would have been bigger prices on the tote and exchanges.

Something to do with poor bookies, I can never remember the exact details

Comment

Comment

That 2+2 WSOP trip report guy is an ok writer but he sure stinks at poker.
                                                                Is he writing a fantasy novel or did he really fold AA on an unopened button in a Sat when a long way short of folding into a seat
                                                                Some of the descriptions of his thought processes as he continually gets deeper into Fancy Play Syndrome are unintentionally hilarious insights into the immature mind of an arrogant kid who knows a little bit too much and understands a lot to little about what he's doing.
                                                                Eh, he's clearly a good writer and poker player. Is he as magnificent at either as he might think? Probably not. But he's far, far better at both than you seem willing to allow.
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

There is no tallon whether he's serious or not.
                                                                  I was going to tweet it, but just posted here but tucan play that game but not sure if i'm heron you properly. This will come to a swift end no doubt

Comment

"An Irish horse priced greater than 66/1 hasn't won a race in Ireland over the last six years." well, that's what my cleaned up dataset says. Can that possibly be right?
                                                                    FFS. You're at home, getting paid by DCU and working on betting systems. I'm at home, not getting paid and writing a paper

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ah, slightly better so.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                            FFS. You're at home, getting paid by DCU and working on betting systems. I'm at home, not getting paid and writing a paper
                                                                            The above proves the below

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                            zuutroy: doing unemployment wrong since 2012

Comment

a lot of the time something 20-25-1 with the industry in Ireland will be over 66/1 on betfair esp in certain type races bumper/novice hurdles - I can remember a few going in over the last few weeks, bumper winner at gowran park bumper at their last meeting springs to mind industry sp 25/1 bfsp 77/1 - a 66/1 at industry price will be often over 300/ on betfair which is a more realistic representation of it's chance of winning and as such I guess you wont see many of them popping up
                                                                              Last edited by nicnicnic; 19-12-12, 15:24.

Comment

I just got sent this,my god crazy stuff.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

My colleague Keith fixed a laptop for a pleasant, bubbly English lady yesterday. She called in today and promptly paid while also dropping off 2 cans of Bud, a jumbo packet of cheese doritos and a jumbo milk chocolate bar for him. He was as chuffed as her.

SPOILER
                                                                                  Last edited by coillcam; 19-12-12, 15:14. Reason: resized pic

Comment

Wow... As someone who doesnt follow the sport.... that piece was prob the best thing i have ever read..

I have read most of these from IPB'ers when they are posted here and the above is one of the best in a great bunch of writing

WP'ed gents!!
                                                                                    lol, gtfo!

Comment

...
                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-12-12, 15:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Dub13 View Post
                                                                                        I just got sent this,my god crazy stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkBfqAaRG50
                                                                                        Scroll up...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                            Eh, he's clearly a good writer and poker player. Is he as magnificent at either as he might think? Probably not. But he's far, far better at both than you seem willing to allow.
                                                                                            Maybe when he grows up a bit but I've seen thousands of more talented kids who write better and even manage to disguise a little that defining characteristic of the teenager and even more so of the deluded poker player, that of knowing everything.

He tells a good story as a blog and his talking a great game is funny as it mostly amounts to rear view mirror justification of how he got into shitty positions, I couldn't put up with that amount of insufferable arrogance for a whole book
                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-12-12, 15:21.

Comment

Meth can do bad things to you

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                First crimbo present dillema of the year, ordered the NFL mad brother a 49'ers pint glass and other bits and bobs..just got word from the mother that the glass is smashed to pieces. Returning it and getting the replacement will take about 3 weeks according to the customer service dude i just spoke to.

Any NFL fans on here know of any shops in dublin i could pick something up as obviously ordering online is a bit ambitious.
                                                                                                This is easy.
                                                                                                Back the Niners for him, print out bet and place in envelope.
                                                                                                Currently best-price 6.8 on Betfair (11/2 after tax). 5/1 in Ladbrokes if you want to have actual betting slip to give him.
                                                                                                In Kaepernick we trust.

Comment

quite astounding some of the data.

In Ireland, 184 of the 38,284 horses which were priced 33/1 or greater won. Odds-averaged return of €21 per €100 bet.

In UK, 1,331 of the 139,012 horses which were priced 33/1 or greater won. Odds-averaged return of €48 per €100 bet.

/anyway, I'll stop now!
                                                                                                  Is this all SPs or does it take into account that it doesn't take a lot of money for a bookie to slash the odds on a 50/1 shot?

Comment

Just found out that our Christmas office party is a free bar for the 16 of us

Oh lord..
                                                                                                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                      This is easy.
                                                                                                      Currently best-price 6.8 on Betfair (11/2 after tax). 5/1 in Ladbrokes if you want to have actual betting slip to give him.
                                                                                                      In Kaepernick we trust.

lol, wait til Brady gets them again and they don't give up the silly turnovers from the other night

Comment

Christmas comes early for Lederer

Former Full Tilt Poker board member Howard Lederer settled his civil case with the Southern District of New York.

Comment

...

Comment

Seriously thaught the end of the world was coming there for a few hours, i couldnt connect to IPB, Google and a ton of other sites but some other general info sites worked

that's how it would start you know, governments would restrict public broadcast and information portals in order to control and reduce panic and widespread general madness!!

Thankfully it's back.... sorry to all the people i ran over on my way to underground bunker!!
                                                                                                            Yep, IPB would be right up there near the top of the list if world governments were suppressing the masses. It'd come just after Huffington Post in the list I believe.

Comment

Would it be silly to sign up for the VHI deal offered as part of the internship im doing for 8 months. I estimate it would cost me €12-15 a month as it is heavily subsidised.

Would they consider it kind of greedy based on my relative youth and the fact its only an internship. Could the €120 be spent in a more useful manner.
                                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                Have my pathology exam today at 12 - arguably our hardest one due to the sheer volume of stuff we have to cover. One of our tutors tipped off the class that HEP B would make up the clinical case (worth 40% of the paper). Im using my Live soul read to peg him as a bit of a dick so although I've covered Hep B I've put my main focus on something else.

Most people when they open the exam paper will flick straight to the case so I'm going to extend my sweat and wait for reactions rather than open my own paper.

One time for live soul read please
                                                                                                                BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM !

Knew the twat was FOS

enjoy Christmas you hateful tool. I want you to know that while you were watching everyone freak out I directed that mini fist pump right at your soul less heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqbjDbnBWgo

Comment

You totes owned him. I bet the other people in your class won't be having the bants tonight after that exam

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                    You totes owned him. I bet the other people in your class won't be having the bants tonight after that exam
                                                                                                                    Deffo gonna be an awkey MoMo when they see him

Comment

Answered the intercom to the tv licence inspector, thought it might the laptop I ordered.
                                                                                                                      Told him I'd pop out to him to talk.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Deffo gonna be an awkey MoMo when they see him
                                                                                                                        Jesus we even have gramps talking like this. What have you done BK!

Next Kakak1 will be on talking about coppers and the likes

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                                          This is easy.
                                                                                                                          In Kaepernick we trust.

I like this Idea i did order him a 49ers scarf to put inside his now destroyed pint glass with his 10 various craft beers..reckon a 20 blip bet on them would make his sunday night NFL watching complete.

Good work IPB as i added the Dungarvan stout and a bottle of 8 degrees "a awinters ale" on reccomendation from the beerheads in the bbv.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Jaysoose; 19-12-12, 16:36.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X