This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@GAB,

Would there be a market in Ireland for the American method of carving up beef?
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
      It's good that all the people who think otherwise are victims of sensationalism, would be a much tougher argument otherwise.
      I meant those acts are sensational/unusual so will be looked at in a harsher light than more regular but also more damaging acts of foul play.

Comment

Don't get me wrong whatever suarez gets Roy Keane deserved.
        airport, lol

Comment

Are people seriously doing the "won't someone think of the children" thing with Suarez? Kids are not going to suddenly start copy biting other kids. It's a uniquely Suarez thing to do. The man is a mentalist and will obviously be heavily banned again. No one has been seriously hurt. Talk of bans for life are sensationalist bollocks.
          Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            elaborate on this?

I was getting at the different cuts of meat available to the American market due to their method of butchering the meat with a bandsaw down the middle and then horizontally.

Like the product could be 'Irish beef - American cuts' or something.
            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Possible range of ban if 'found guilty' of biting?

Would like to see what people feel is a good range there. Trying to get an over/unders market in work going.

Comment

ah ok - there is no real difference. I think I referenced this in my 'Ask Me Anything About Meat' thread on here from a few years ago - some recollection of it coming up. Basically until 20 years ago that is how it was butchered in UK & Irl. The meat is fundamentally the same cuts - the consumer cant tell any difference.
                  Do you think USDA beef is of an acceptable quality? Compared to Europe
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Also, in fairness to him, the type of person 'more likely to bite people than Suarez', is primarily kids. They probably view him as a pussy that he's only bitten two people in two years.
                    3rd time in a little over 4 years now?

Suarez's rapsheet
                    Originally posted by Tom.D.BJJ
                    Timeline of major events.

20/11/2010 Ajax v PSV -> Bites PSV's Otman Bakkal. 7 game ban
                    15/10/2011 Man Utd v Liverpool -> Racial abuses Man Utd's Patrice Evra. 8 game ban
                    21/04/2013 Chelsea v Liverpool -> Bites Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic. 10 game ban
                    24/06/2014 Uruguay v Italy -> Bites Italy's Giorgio Chiellini
                    Suarez's most recent effort

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                      Do you think USDA beef is of an acceptable quality? Compared to Europe

Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                        Possible range of ban if 'found guilty' of biting?

Would like to see what people feel is a good range there. Trying to get an over/unders market in work going.
                        I reckon the most likely outcome is 1 year or 12 matches in international football.

Comment

The camera angle on that gif is perfectly positioned.
                          Isn't there anything from a more obscure angle that we could use to cloak this whole affair in doubt?

Comment

Well, summer is over.

Comment

ah ok - there is no real difference. I think I referenced this in my 'Ask Me Anything About Meat' thread on here from a few years ago - some recollection of it coming up. Basically until 20 years ago that is how it was butchered in UK & Irl. The meat is fundamentally the same cuts - the consumer cant tell any difference.
                              OK thanks.

Wonder could you create a fad or niche market advertising ploy just rebranding the lesser known cuts with a fancy name and creating a buzz around them.

Also remember something called 'The Vegas Cut' coming out in America recently.
                              Basically wanted to mimic that over here.

Fuck it i'll just make Jerky.
                              Everybody loves Jerky.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                Well, summer is over.
                                Was july before it kicked off last year, let's hope
                                airport, lol

Comment

If this quote has any truth behind it then he could end up with a violent conduct ban which would be four games.

FIFA sources say Suárez' punishment has to reflect reality:"What's the difference between what he did & a head butt, or a deliberate elbow?"

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                    OK thanks.

Wonder could you create a fad or niche market advertising ploy just rebranding the lesser known cuts with a fancy name and creating a buzz around them.

Also remember something called 'The Vegas Cut' coming out in America recently.
                                    Basically wanted to mimic that over here.
                                    Pitch your idea to the Butcher's Grill. Tell them GAB sent you...
                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      I reckon the most likely outcome is 1 year or 12 matches in international football.
                                      One year and 12 matches in international football

Comment

Whats the longest Ban anyone has received in International football for a non doping/ Match fixing incident?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiend View Post
                                          Are people seriously doing the "won't someone think of the children" thing with Suarez? Kids are not going to suddenly start copy biting other kids. It's a uniquely Suarez thing to do. The man is a mentalist and will obviously be heavily banned again. No one has been seriously hurt. Talk of bans for life are sensationalist bollocks.
                                          Someone seriously said to me last night that kids are going to go around biting each other now. Got a little heated between a few people so I stayed out of it but thought that was funny.

Sure don't they melt live animals in Tallaght for fun now.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                            Whats the longest Ban anyone has received in International football for a non doping/ Match fixing incident?
                                            Cantona? Or was that due to jail?
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Cantona got 9 months for the kick and Joey Barton got 12 games for having a go at Aguero and Kompany when he was leaving the pitch i think? Di Canio got similar for pushing the ref.

Edit - didn't notice international ban
                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 25-06-14, 14:01.

Comment

^ International, I think it's 8.

the longest suspension FIFA has imposed for an offence in the World Cup was eight games for Italy's Mauro Tassotti for breaking Spain's Luis Enrique's nose in 1994 with an elbow.

Comment

Cantona got an 8 month ban and a 30k fine for kicking a fan and throwing a few digs. Surely having a nibble on Chiellini is a much lesser crime.

Comment

Cantona? Or was that due to jail?
                                                    Didn't he just do community service instead?

Comment

From the gif Emmet posted it looks like all he's trying to do is lick his shoulder. Chiellini should get a longer ban for swinging the elbow at him. He could of killed him.

Comment

Chiellini should have just punched the head off him like.rugby players do when they bite the faces Off each other. Couple of games ban a piece and we get on with it.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          Chiellini should have just punched the head off him like.rugby players do when they bite the faces Off each other. Couple of games ban a piece and we get on with it.
                                                          Or they could have let them duke it out on the pitch like they do in hockey. Mindless violence puts bums on seats.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                            One year and 12 matches in international football
                                                            1 year is essentially 12 matches. Or makes much more sense in this situation than and does.

Comment

10 games again seems reasonable to me.
                                                              Clearly he is an unhinged individual but any more than that would be too extreme imo.
                                                              In comparison Zidane got a 3 match ban for his World Cup final headbutt which was just as bad as this.

Can they enforce a league ban or just internationals?
                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                10 games again seems reasonable to me.
                                                                Clearly he is an unhinged individual but any more than that would be too extreme imo.
                                                                In comparison Zidane got a 3 match ban for his World Cup final headbutt which was just as bad as this.

Can they enforce a league ban or just internationals?
                                                                FIFA can do whatever they want, they are THE governing body for world football

Comment

1 year is essentially 12 matches. Or makes much more sense in this situation than and does.
                                                                  World governing body FIFA is now investigating the matter and the 27-year-old could face a lengthy ban that could be extended to club football.

Liverpool could build a case to sue Luis Suarez for breach of contract if he is banned for biting, according to a leading employment lawyer.

Comment

Theoretically it could apply to domestic football, but I'd be amazed. We should find out in the next day or so anyhow.

Comment

lol
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Damo Dempsey Gift Grub in the aftermath of his weekend rescue.
                                                                          That is brilliant. Needed a zoo skit
                                                                          Hear the Dublin tiger roar, his paw's sore
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I'd qualify that as a burn except it's a clip from an almost 20 year old sitcom

Comment

The world cup that just keeps giving

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                The world cup that just keeps giving

Opr
                                                                                Post hit twice & 2 Goals in 4 mins

Comment

Anybody here have any experience with SPSS software?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Cheers.
                                                                                    Did an SPSS module in college, but I usually forget everything the second I finish the exam. Shoot though, and I'll see if I'm any help!
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                        Did an SPSS module in college, but I usually forget everything the second I finish the exam. Shoot though, and I'll see if I'm any help!
                                                                                        Same, copy me on PM sure.
                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

That Argentina No. 10, the little fella, he looks quite good.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Cheers.
                                                                                            Yep I dealt with it a good bit

Comment

Pfff, can't even score every goal for your team in a World Cup, there goes Messi's legendary status #average
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Same here re SPSS. Stata peeps would obv look down on your childish statistical software though. (who would in turn be looked down on by R junkies)
                                                                                                  Nerd it up somewhere else, football's on.
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Nice to see Icarus out and about.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                      Pfff, can't even score every goal for your team in a World Cup, there goes Messi's legendary status #average
                                                                                                      He didn't score the first goal they scored at this world cup either. No Argentinian did, but it still counted for his team.

Comment

He didn't score the first goal they scored at this world cup either. No Argentinian did, but it still counted for his team.
                                                                                                        jesus in that case he's just went from #average to #fuckinshite in my books
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

World cup to wind down last two hours of work, I could get used to this
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Fuck it i'll just make Jerky.
                                                                                                            Everybody loves Jerky.
                                                                                                            I know the type of jerky you'll be making, you pervert.

Nice to see Icarus out and about.
                                                                                                            Good chuckle at that Tom, I even called the wife over for a look.
                                                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Meath 13/8 to win this weekend and 16/1 to win Leinster

I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

I believe
                                                                                                                Meath won't fear the Dubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

I believe
                                                                                                                  Ahem, you might be just the chap I am looking for...

See... I have these magic beans...
                                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    Meath won't fear the Dubs.
                                                                                                                    UFC!!!

(Ultimate football cliche)
                                                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Opr

Comment

lol at the 2 boys in the RTE studio over this ^^^

Comment

I have 2 seated tickets for Elbow in Kilmainham Hospital for tonight for Sale.

Seating section GA1 cost €111.20. Will take €90
                                                                                                                          I'm heading to Jack White tomorrow night, someone tell me it's not seated?

Doesn't specifically say seated but ticket says section GA1, Number G1 61.

Would really suck if it was seated
                                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X