X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reminder ufc dublin tickets on sale now

Comment

I used to think Game Of Thrones was good, but it just didn't do anything for me, but now I just think it's fucking shit.

So much filler per episode, and then one or two major moments which they don't spend enough time on because they've wasted so much time on other boring moments. Yeah the book nerds will say it's because you haven't read them and it will link together and be worthwhile in the end, but it's got progressively worse with each season and I'm starting to have Walking Dead-like symptons of why the fuck am I still watching this everytime I watch it.

Comment

i watched it and thought it wasn't all that too, would rather read the book again tbh.

Comment

What software can you use to grab a radio show from RTE 1 archive. Does jdownloader work for that ? Pm if necessary (me not Icarus).

Ta

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post

Comment

Dev and McQuaid were great pals, and the institutions they built under them were devised to aid each other.

Dev used McQuaid to push his social policy from the pulpits, and McQuaid used Dev to get catholic doctrine enshrined in legislation.

Under their rule Ireland was in effect a theocracy.
              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                I used to think Game Of Thrones was good, but it just didn't do anything for me, but now I just think it's fucking shit.

So much filler per episode, and then one or two major moments which they don't spend enough time on because they've wasted so much time on other boring moments. Yeah the book nerds will say it's because you haven't read them and it will link together and be worthwhile in the end, but it's got progressively worse with each season and I'm starting to have Walking Dead-like symptons of why the fuck am I still watching this everytime I watch it.
                Smart man, I too just don't get the show also and like yourself find it very boring with these overreaching episodes & dialogue bits that could be done in a fraction of the time, Game of Boring imo.
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/cdp/membe...A1SM813W6H36YA
                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Smart man, I too just don't get the show also and like yourself find it very boring with these overreaching episodes & dialogue bits that could be done in a fraction of the time, Game of Boring imo.
                    There is a lot of filler but just enough casual nudity, plot twists and gore to keep me interested.

Watching Boss atm even though they canned it after 2 seasons it is worth a watch.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                      Really looking forward to it, my 3rd ufc event

Comment

Are tickets actually selling out this fast or will there be more released? I have a member code and the best seats(4) I can get is top deck in P.

For 2 seats, the best section is A.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                          There is a lot of filler but just enough casual nudity, plot twists and gore to keep me interested.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                            The demented lunatic mass sacrifice that was the Russian defense at Stalingrad is truly wowing. A slavish collective will unmatched in history.
                            Maybe in terms of numbers but hardly in terms of precedence.
                            Here's another parallel: Masada.

(Also don't forget that the Russians were quite likely to be killed by their own side and have their families sent to die in NKVD camps if they showed any sign of hesitation. The end justifies the means and all that.....).
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Also, to be pedantic, the Germans were the defenders at Stalingrad.

[Takes off Kayroo mask]

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                It's surprising how few actually died on D-Day.
                                Probably the most impressive feat of project management in history. Up there with the Manhattan Project anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Probably the most impressive feat of project management in history. Up there with the Manhattan Project anyway.
                                  I've always been impressed by the utter logistical genius that was involved in the operation. The sheer difficulty involved in staging an operation of that complexity and size is staggering.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Anyone with any employment law knowledge here?

is it possible to change the position of an employee, say the general manager, and bring in a person above them. Obviously wouldn't change wages/hours but would change the conditions of employment.

I presume it's technically possible to do so, but could it leave you open to a constructive dismissal case down the line even if you had no wish to terminate employment?

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                      Anyone with any employment law knowledge here?

is it possible to change the position of an employee, say the general manager, and bring in a person above them. Obviously wouldn't change wages/hours but would change the conditions of employment.

I presume it's technically possible to do so, but could it leave you open to a constructive dismissal case down the line even if you had no wish to terminate employment?
                                      Worth getting a solicitor involved if you're worried (and you should be).

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        I've always been impressed by the utter logistical genius that was involved in the operation. The sheer difficulty involved in staging an operation of that complexity and size is staggering.
                                        Particularly when you consider that a large number of the senior management team were self-aggrandising egomaniacs who hated each other!

Comment

The Battle of Kursk podcast i was on about.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Particularly when you consider that a large number of the senior management team were self-aggrandising egomaniacs who hated each other!
                                            It's the unseen war effort that did so much there too. Counter Intelligence and very clever troop deployments really kept the German's guessing. What's impressive about D-Day isn't that it worked (although that was really impressive). It's that it worked so spectacularly well. Almost every Allied goal was achieved with minimal casualties.

Eisenhower and the Supreme Allied Command really were extraordinary.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post

Watching Boss atm even though they canned it after 2 seasons it is worth a watch.
                                                Even with the graphic tits & ass it was pretty dire imo. As for Boss that was an excellent show, Starz do have themselves a couple great shows.
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Perfect:

Bodies Of 800 Children Were “Just Resting” In Mass Grave, Claims Catholic Church
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Can one of you horsey guys tell me starting time/day for the Epsom Derby and the Oaks please. ty

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                      Can one of you horsey guys tell me starting time/day for the Epsom Derby and the Oaks please. ty
                                                      Oaks is at 4 on Friday, Derby 4 on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                        Oaks is at 4 on Friday, Derby 4 on Saturday.
                                                        tyty

Comment

All helped by the lowly pallet.

Comment

People talk about d day as some miracle.
                                                            Look at the facts the german army in the west was a shell of what conquered France in 1940.
                                                            No air cover poor equipment and many conscripts in the ranks.
                                                            For weeks leading up to it Allied fighter bombers rained rockets and machine gun fire on anythng that moved in Fraance and the low countrys any rolling stock troop movements were straffed constantly.

The massive firepower 1000s of bombers 1000s of ships of all kinds millions of troops with a supply of equipment must have been a logistical nightmare.
                                                            But the shell of a german army they were facing was only going to be one conclusion.

Maybe if the Russians had not sucked the life blood out of the Wehrmacht with 3.5 million men dying missing captured or sick with all the resources available to it the invasion would have been stopped.

Comment

Its was still a huge task that had never been attempted before on that scale. There was plenty of room for it to be a disaster. Had the Germans had their panzers deployed properly (Hitler was convinced the attack was coming elsewhere) they might have been pushed back onto the beach. The defenders enjoy a lot of advantages in a scenario like this, and the German army wasn't quite the empty husk you make it out to be. Solider for solider the germans were better fighters, better trained and better motivated than the Allied forces right onto the end. Look how operation market garden turned out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Market_Garden

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  What does this say about the quality of the drivers of commercial vehicles, considering they seem to be the main culprits! Talk about having my prejudices about the drivers of van/lorries etc confirmed.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Since November I have now had 2 bikes nicked, 2 wallets stolen, 2 new phones nicked and hospitalized 3 times... got nothing else to say, just venting
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                        Since November I have now had 2 bikes nicked, 2 wallets stolen, 2 new phones nicked and hospitalized 3 times... got nothing else to say, just venting
                                                                        Where do u live?

Comment

Garda statement this afternoon. 'An Garda Siochana will not be investigating the case (Tuam), those bones are part of an old famine burial ground'

The overwhelming evidence gathered by Catherine Corless proves otherwise.

Gardai are point blank refusing to investigate.

Stick your toothless powerless church argument up your gash.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                            Drink involved in how many of these in incidents?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                              Garda statement this afternoon. 'An Garda Siochana will not be investigating the case (Tuam), those bones are part of an old famine burial ground'

The overwhelming evidence gathered by Catherine Corless proves otherwise.

Gardai are point blank refusing to investigate.

Stick your toothless powerless church argument up your gash.
                                                                              The Gardai not wanting to take on a pointless case still means little as far as the health of Irish society and the slow death of the church is concerned.
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Pointless case. Great stuff.

Are the mass graves at Roscrea, Castlepollard and Bessborough also pointless cases?

Pointless. Let's just forget about it so, it's not like the people involved are still heavily involved in the care of children. Oh wait.

That Garda statement is the catholic church speaking. You would need to be an absolute idiot to think otherwise.

An absolute shame of a country.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

GFYL

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                                                                    Where do u live?
                                                                                    Dublin but not all happened there, the recent one was in germany friday

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                    Drink involved in how many of these in incidents?
                                                                                    only 5/9 surprisingly
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Catherine Corless interview

News clippings posted on twitter in chronological order

Comment

The Gardai not wanting to take on a pointless case still means little as far as the health of Irish society and the slow death of the church is concerned.
                                                                                        abstract the church away.

If "Mother and Child Ltd" were in charge of these Homes, and the details uncovered were made public, and "Mother and Child Ltd" were still operating in Ireland, would you be content with the statement you've just made?

You would in your hoop.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                          Pointless case. Great stuff.

Are the mass graves at Roscrea, Castlepollard and Bessborough also pointless cases?

Pointless. Let's just forget about it so, it's not like the people involved are still heavily involved in the care of children. Oh wait.

That Garda statement is the catholic church speaking. You would need to be an absolute idiot to think otherwise.

An absolute shame of a country.
                                                                                          Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          abstract the church away.

If "Mother and Child Ltd" were in charge of these Homes, and the details uncovered were made public, and "Mother and Child Ltd" were still operating in Ireland, would you be content with the statement you've just made?

You would in your hoop.
                                                                                          'Pointless' as in no convictions will be unearthed by a Gardai investigation.
                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

'Pointless' as in no convictions will be unearthed by a Gardai investigation.
                                                                                            No criminal wrongdoing will be revealed?

No sanctions on the organisations that facilitated the crimes?

Again, abstract "the church" away. Call it what it is, an organisation that tendered for the services.

If they were still in existence in Ireland, would you be content with the issue being dropped instantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              No criminal wrongdoing will be revealed?

No sanctions on the organisations that facilitated the crimes?

Again, abstract "the church" away. Call it what it is, an organisation that tendered for the services.

If they were still in existence in Ireland, would you be content with the issue being dropped instantly?
                                                                                              No criminal wrongdoing beyond a reasonable doubt will be revealed. No living individual will be prosecuted and, practically speaking, the institutions involved no longer exist.

As appalling as this story is, our disgust and moral outrage has nowhere to go. A Gardai investigation would be a pointless box ticking exercise.

Comment

U-21 hurling starts on tonight with Clare v Limerick on TG4. Love this championship so often throws up some great games. Think Limerick might spring a surprise

Comment

Anyone recommend a blender that will destroy ice cubes no problem along with everything else.

Will be used for shakes, soups, smoothies etc

Hoping to spend under a ton if possible.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Any excel wizzards on here?

I'm trying to make a calendar where one sheet reflects the other but the layout is different. i.e. one for easy viewing on excel and another for printing. But I don't want to have to update both.

So cells A1:N32 would be June on the first sheet and I want those same cells to be identical as O1:AB32 on the sheet 2.

Any formulas for this?

Google has not been much help but I might be searching the wrong thing.

Comment

A Gardai investigation would be a pointless box ticking exercise.
                                                                                                      If all they do is officially tick the box that these organisations were guilty of that level of neglect, it's a worthy exercise imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                        Any excel wizzards on here?

I'm trying to make a calendar where one sheet reflects the other but the layout is different. i.e. one for easy viewing on excel and another for printing. But I don't want to have to update both.

So cells A1:N32 would be June on the first sheet and I want those same cells to be identical as O1:AB32 on the sheet 2.

Any formulas for this?

Google has not been much help but I might be searching the wrong thing.
                                                                                                        I must be missing something here, can you not just put them equal to each other?

a1 = sheet2!o1 and then drag to fill the area? Layout doesn't matter if the values are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone recommend a blender that will destroy ice cubes no problem along with everything else.

Will be used for shakes, soups, smoothies etc

Hoping to spend under a ton if possible.
                                                                                                          no need to spend big. I was given a kenwood new york smoothie maker as a present in 2003 and to this day it still crushes ice!

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

I must be missing something here, can you not just put them equal to each other?

a1 = sheet2!o1 and then drag to fill the area? Layout doesn't matter if the values are the same.
                                                                                                            It's more likely that I am missing something.

='Sheet1'!A1

Putting the above in O1 does not work. It transcribes exactly the above text instead of copying the cell (which is just a blank blue filled cell).

Comment

Take out the apostrophes, and make sure there's no space before the equals sign
                                                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-06-14, 19:29.

Comment

Take out the apostrophes, and make sure there's no space before the equels sign
                                                                                                                Even with them out it doesn't change anything.

Comment

colm is such a lucky fucker, went into the bookies yesterday to do lotto numbers and spotted a special . if the favorites come first , in the first 3 races 16/1 he had a tenner on and they all came in. went up again today did same bet for 14/1 and they all came in again lol! jammy fucker!
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                                    Even with them out it doesn't change anything.
                                                                                                                    Weird, is the cell formatted to text?

Try doing it manually, type equels and then click on cell a1.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 04-06-14, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      colm is such a lucky fucker, went into the bookies yesterday to do lotto numbers and spotted a special . if the favorites come first , in the first 3 races 16/1 he had a tenner on and they all came in. went up again today did same bet for 14/1 and they all came in again lol! jammy fucker!
                                                                                                                      Yeah a tenner.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Weird, is the cell formatted to text?
                                                                                                                        Yes, the calendar was copied from a free online excel calendar so I didn't format much.

edit: I've done it manually too, and that's where the '' came from in the formula.

Comment

Andy Murray being dismantled at the French Open. He's just called for the officials to try and get off court but no joy. Moving into the 5th set. Probably 20 mins left of play.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X