BOOOOOOMMMMMMMM holy fuck

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
      BOOOOOOMMMMMMMM holy fuck
      Need a miss here for more!!!!!!

Comment

Jaysus thats cruel.

Comment

Wow wow wow wow wow. What a game of rugby!

Comment

How tough for an interview for England player after losing that. Respect.

Comment

Watched the last 5 mins of the rugby, that was some seriously retarded closing out from England when they got the ball back with two mins left.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Jaysus thats cruel.
                I feel absolutely gutted for England. They really went for it, and gave it their all.

Comment

First game of league I've watched in a long time, that was great.
                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Watched the last 5 mins of the rugby, that was some seriously retarded closing out from England when they got the ball back with two mins left.
                    Shocking set with 2 minutes to go. Just not expecting to win and nerves got the better.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      Shocking set with 2 minutes to go. Just not expecting to win and nerves got the better.
                      In fairness New Zealand panicked with about 8 minutes to go and than started to really swing for the fences so that naturally lead to nerves for England. The fitness and speed of that match was incredible. The best league game I've ever watched. A shame that it was a defensive mistake and not just sheer attacking brilliance in the end.
                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

You gotta love sports

Comment

Straight red for poor Wesley

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                            Straight red for poor Wesley

Shocking decision from that gif anyway.

Comment

Completed the half-marathon in around 1hr 50 mins (still don't have an exact time, it was 1.52 on the clock but I set off in the last wave so we didn't actually start until the clock had been running a few minutes).

I set off behind the 2hr pacers because I'd never actually done the distance before and didn't want to push myself too hard. After a couple of kilometres though I felt like I could go a good bit quicker, and started to work my way up through the field to the 1hr 50 group.

The benefit of this approach is that I got to overtake loads of people, without ever being overtaken myself. I've pretty much never competed in a race before, but gliding past people kitted out in all the pro-running gear in my football shorts and old UCD Super League jersey would make me want to do it again.

The route took us out from Clontarf, along Dollymount Strand and on towards Sutton, and then back again. It was a lovely morning for it and there was a cracking view out across Dublin Bay. The stretch on the sand definitely provided an extra challenge, but I think I coped with it better than most.

Thanks for all the advice on preparation. I had a steak at around 7 last night and then a big bowl of pasta at 10, and my energy levels were fine this morning. In terms of fitness and energy I felt I had a bit more in the tank, but my legs were in bits by the end. Without any exaggeration, going up the stairs when I got home was harder than any part of the race. I have to say, massive fair fucks to those who do marathons, and especially the lunatics who do ultra-marathons.

Comment

That's awesome Carlop, fair play!

I finished second at the 500m National Indoor rowing comp today with a new PB 1:20.7. Calling it a brag!!
                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Well done Carlop and Lloyd,
                                  Always knew you were the beast Lloyd. Id be interested in what type of motivations you were using mid row when you hit the wall type thing?.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

I finished second at the 500m National Indoor rowing comp today with a new PB 1:20.7. Calling it a brag!!
                                    It took 2 mins to have my thunder stolen

Fair play, that's very impressive. I've dipped in and out of your training log and you've displayed an inspirational amount of dedication.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                      Well done Carlop and Lloyd,
                                      Always knew you were the beast Lloyd. Id be interested in what type of motivations you were using mid row when you hit the wall type thing?.
                                      'Keep going, keep going, keep going, don't stop, arghhh don't you dare fucking stop' kind of thing.
                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Recently been doing rowing in the Gym and jesus it is tough. That pace is unreal !!
                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

QQ, where would be a good bar near Trinity later pls? Craft beer and or music would be a great combo. Food too if possible!
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            QQ, where would be a good bar near Trinity later pls? Craft beer and or music would be a great combo. Food too if possible!
                                            Doyles

Comment

Lampard you beautiful rotund fukker

Comment

Seriously......hope it is a troll

Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

League>Union atm

Comment

For those of you watching Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D does it get better/good I'm three episodes in and it's very iffy thinking about dumping it.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      For those of you watching Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D does it get better/good I'm three episodes in and it's very iffy thinking about dumping it.
                                                      Its quite fluffy and not very meaty. If it doesn't improve in the next couple of episodes I'm going to bin it. It could do with being a bit darker and grittier. Also they could do with having proper cameos of the big superheroes.

Comment

Not massively thrilled with it. On ep8 at the moment. It needs a serious shift in gears.
                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

What time does the Froch fight start

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                            What time does the Froch fight start
                                                            Schedule is intros at 10.30, fight at 10.45.
                                                            Obviously could be delayed by earlier fights.

Comment

I'm a marvel nut. Its got massive potential. Like all whedon shows it takes a while to build a universe but when it does its amazing. I disagree about the cameos. Its nice and all but the show needs to stand on its own. Coupled with the 3 shows Netflix will be doing the potential (again that word) is astounding.
                                                              I will say its getting better. And the nods to marvel back stories and whedon verse nods thrill my nerdy core
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just realised the Kermit version of 'Being Green' was the original, and not a cover of Van Morrisons' version

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Still one of my favourite album covers ever

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Her Birthday apparently, any reason to post a gif.

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

Comment

Open this
                                                                    We are a content marketing agency on a mission to produce creative content that online audiences will want to share and journalists will want to write about

Enjoy.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      Open this
                                                                      We are a content marketing agency on a mission to produce creative content that online audiences will want to share and journalists will want to write about

Enjoy.
                                                                      I'm generally fond of you DP, but that's a pile of shite. Can someone find me a youtube of Kermit and his Nephew sing a duet? Something to do with a stairs?

Not this

Become a fan on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/funnyordieSteve Martin and Kermit the Frog face off in a duel of Dueling Banjos.See the original at: http:/...

Comment

Whats with the Kermit loving CC?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Whats with the Kermit loving CC?

Just a sudden flashback from the 1970's. Really think Sesame Street was better than school back then.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                            I'm generally fond of you DP, but that's a pile of shite. Can someone find me a youtube of Kermit and his Nephew sing a duet? Something to do with a stairs?
                                                                            Muppet show. Robin the Frog performs song Halfway Down the Stairs (lyrics are from an A.Milne poem)

Comment

Just a sudden flashback from the 1970's. Really think Sesame Street was better than school back then.
                                                                              Don't remember it being on that much till we got the English channels, at least I don't remember it being on RTE anyway back then.

Comment

Don't remember it being on that much till we got the English channels, at least I don't remember it being on RTE anyway back then.
                                                                                We had BBC on Cable in Dublin in the 1970's.

Comment

We had BBC on Cable in Dublin in the 1970's.
                                                                                  We had Rabbits ears

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just watched The Impossible.

I don't say this lightly but it may well have been the greatest crock of shit I have ever seen.

'Rich white people get mildly inconvienced by tsunami'

ffs
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Less than a second behind Paul Buchanan Lloydy!!

Id friends who were at it and said it was an amazingly high standard race with a very tough field!

Take a bow buddy. Shows what hard work gets you!!
                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

We had Rabbits ears
                                                                                          And horse's asses

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            And horse's asses
                                                                                            Are you at the Gin?

Comment

Got to love the Dutch
                                                                                              Scheme targets anti-social behaviour of groups of alcoholics in main park – but is it successful?

Comment

Are you at the Gin?
                                                                                                Pinot Gris actually

Comment

Don't think anyone has mentioned it here about Roy Harper arrested on child sex charges. I really hope he's not guilty. Though I doubt he'll be able to defend himself properly. Really is the first 'celebrity' I hope is innocent.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Sweet overhead by Diego Costa.

Comment

Pinot Gris actually
                                                                                                      Nice Casa Rivas Red here - will sir be in Aquarium laters?

Comment

6-0 5-0 4-0 for the top 3 in Spain today. Couple that with 3-0 for Munich and its been a boring day's telly!

Comment

Nice Casa Rivas Red here - will sir be in Aquarium laters?
                                                                                                          No. 7am, small people. You get the picture.

Comment

We all have our fetishes

Comment

Mine sleeps til 8:30 and she's not even two. Can I run that good again?

Comment

What channel is the fight on

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm a marvel nut. Its got massive potential. Like all whedon shows it takes a while to build a universe but when it does its amazing. I disagree about the cameos. Its nice and all but the show needs to stand on its own. Coupled with the 3 shows Netflix will be doing the potential (again that word) is astounding.
                                                                                                                  I will say its getting better. And the nods to marvel back stories and whedon verse nods thrill my nerdy core
                                                                                                                  I hope the netflix series is a hit and the whole universe broadens succesfully as a result. I think a casual fan base will probably want more interlinking with the greater universe and its respective cast be it cameos or crossover story arcs.

As a show in its own right I think agents could be grittier, dirtier and more grown up. My favorite episode so far was
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  when Simmons contracted the Alien virus
                                                                                                                  which was quite a bit darker than the others. Hopefully something cool happens to the dude who
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  fell into the gravitonium
                                                                                                                  and the Rising tide is a little more than analogous to some dull anonymous/wikileaks drivel.

Looking into the new shows I see Idris Elba mentioned for the role of Luke Cage. It would be awesome however I think his role as Heimdall in Thor might preclude this.

This "new" larger on-screen Marvel universe is going to be so difficult to manage in terms of continuity across TV and cinema. Everything from cast, writers, staff, and the story itself. Its just a behemoth. The logistics of managing so many aspects seems a huge task. You need someone like Whedon involved at the top level to quarterback the overall destination of the universe. You have potentially something that could run for the next decade and be amazing or have various sections wound up quickly over the next couple of years if ratings tumble.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                    What channel is the fight on
                                                                                                                    Sky Box Office €25 believe it or not.
                                                                                                                    God be with the days when it was reserved for Tyson fights.

Probably be a stream somewhere.

Comment

@ Hitch, I've just downloaded pocket casts, is there no streaming option? Bit of a pain to have to download episodes.
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X