This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mickste View Post
    Blackfish one of the best documentaries this year just starting on bbc4, riveting watch
    much appreciated, meaning to catch this for a while

Comment

201 for me on that list but there are some I think I have seen but not too sure. Loads I would start to watch to realise I have seen them already.

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
        SPOILER
        Great game, but a shame it ended with a gigantic blunder.
        SPOILER
        Shame it ended the way it did, but was nice to see anand on the attack albeit belatedly

Comment

Heard a really cool tune on John Creedon show a couple of weeks ago from Ronan O Snodaigh, rap as gaeilge.
          Shouldn't work, but it so does.

The album was just released, finally managed to download it, he's launching it in Whelans this Sun.

Check out this tune, it's the first track on the album, called Can Am.

Lookin at you Rasta, check this out.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Goldman Sachs Guide to being a man.

Not as full of absolute shite as I was expecting
            SPOILER

-Stop talking about where you went to college.

-Always carry cash. Keep some in your front pocket.

-Rebel from business casual. Burn your khakis and wear a suit or jeans.

-It’s okay to trade the possibility of your 80s and 90s for more guaranteed fun in your 20s and 30s.

-The best public restrooms are in hotels: The St. Regis in New York, Claridge’s in London, The Fullerton in Singapore, to name a few.

-Never stay out after midnight three nights in a row … unless something really good comes up on the third night.

-You will regret your tattoos.

-Never date an ex of your friend.

-Join Twitter; become your own curator of information.

-If riding the bus doesn't incentivize you to improve your station in life, nothing will.

-Time is too short to do your own laundry. 

-When the bartender asks, you should already know what you want to drink.

-If you perspire, wear a damn undershirt.

-You don’t have to like baseball, but you should understand the concept of what a pitcher’s ERA means. Approach life similarly.

-When people don’t invite you to a party, you really shouldn’t go.
 And sometimes even when you are invited, you shouldn’t go.

-People are tired of you being the funny, drunk guy. 

-When in doubt, always kiss the girl.

-Tip more than you should.

-You probably use your cell phone too often and at the wrong moments.

-Buy expensive sunglasses. Superficial? Yes, but so are the women judging you. And it tells these women you appreciate nice things and are responsible enough not to lose them.

-If you want a nice umbrella, bring a sh*tty one to church.

-Do 50 push-ups, sit-ups, and dips before you shower each morning. 

-Eat brunch with friends at least every other weekend. Leave Rusty and Junior at home.

-Be a regular at more than one bar.

Act like you’ve been there before. It doesn’t matter if it’s in the end zone at the Super Bowl or on a private plane.

-A glass of wine or two with lunch will not ruin your day.

-It’s better if old men cut your hair. Ask for Sammy at the Mandarin Oriental Barbershop in Hong Kong. He can share his experiences of the Japanese occupation, or just give you a copy of Playboy.

-Learn how to fly-fish.

-No selfies. Aspire to experience photo-worthy moments in the company of a beautiful woman.

-Own a handcrafted shotgun. It’s a beautiful thing.

-There’s always another level. Just be content knowing that you are still better off than most who have ever lived.

-You can get away with a lot more if you're the one buying the drinks.

-Ask for a salad instead of fries.

-Don’t split a check.

-Pretty women who are unaccompanied want you to talk to them.

-Cobblers will save your shoes. So will shoe trees.

-When a bartender buys you a round, tip double. 

-The cliché is that having money is about not wasting time. But in reality, money is about facilitating spontaneity.

-Be spontaneous.

-Find a Times New Roman in the streets and a Wingdings in the sheets. She exists.

-Piercings are liabilities in fights. 

-Do not use an electric razor. 

-Desserts are for women. Order one and pretend you don’t mind that she’s eating yours.

-Buy a tuxedo before you are thirty. Stay that size.

-One girlfriend at a time is probably enough.

-#StopItWithTheHastags

-Your ties should be rolled and placed in a sectioned tie drawer. 

-Throw parties. 
But have someone else clean up the next day.

-You may only request one song from the DJ. 

-Measure yourself only against your previous self.

-Take more pictures. With a camera.

-Place-dropping is worse than name-dropping.

-When you admire the work of artists or writers, tell them. 
And spend money to acquire their work.

-Your clothes do not match. They go together. 

-Yes, of course you have to buy her dinner. 

-Staying angry is a waste of energy.

-Revenge can be a good way of getting over anger. 

If she expects the person you are 20% of the time, 100% of the time, then she doesn't want you.

-Always bring a bottle of something to the party.

-Avoid that “last” whiskey. You’ve probably had enough. 

-Don’t use the word “closure” or ever expect it in real life. There may still be a mortally wounded Russian mobster roaming the woods of south Jersey, but we’ll never know.

-If you are wittier than you are handsome, avoid loud clubs. 

-Drink outdoors.
 And during the day.
 And sometimes by yourself.

-Date women outside your social set. You’ll be surprised.

-If it’s got velvet ropes and lines, walk away unless you know someone. 

-You cannot have a love affair with whiskey because whiskey will never love you back.

-Feigning unpretentiousness is worse than being pretentious. Cut it out with the vintage Polo and that ’83 Wagoneer in Nantucket.

-The New Yorker is not high-brow. Neither is The Economist. 

-If you believe in evolution, you should know something about how it works.

-No-one cares if you are offended, so stop it. 

-Never take an ex back. She tried to do better and is settling with you.

-Eating out alone can be magnificent. Find a place where you can sit at the bar.

-Ignore the boos. They usually come from the cheap seats.

-Hookers aren’t cool, and remember, the free ones are a lot more expensive.

-Don’t ever say, “it is what it is.”

-Start a wine collection for your kids when they are born. Add a few cases every year without telling them. It’ll make a phenomenal gift in twenty years.

-Don’t gamble if losing $100 is going to piss you off.

-Remember, “rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.”

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              If that is a shot of the desk then 110% lamwood. Going by the glued on edging with the grain running the other way

Lamwood might not be the correct term and just one bandied about in the trade. But laminated ply with glued edging.
              Oops, MrsF is right Riggs, didn't spot the grain running different ways earlier.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                Thinking this summer is the time to lose my Vegas virginity. 3 of us are up for it.
                Having a quick browse at hotels here for the first week in June. The Stratosphere is showing up at 301 for 7 nights for a room with 3 beds. 100 each!
                Anyone stayed here? I think I'm going to book this as it has free cancellation.
                Any reason why I shouldn't?
                Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Afaik it's one of the biggest shitholes in Vegas.
                Stayed there for over two weeks in 2008. Rooms are clean and comfortable, location is halfway between downtown and the big strip hotels. If you're on a budget I recommend.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

SPOILER

Reminded me of the 3 f rule to abide by if you're a rich man:

If it flies, floats or fucks, don't buy it, rent it.

Comment

SPOILER

Ah it kind of is though. Where's the rule about not listening to a cunting bank about how to live your life?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Oops, MrsF is right Riggs, didn't spot the grain running different ways earlier.
                      GFYL
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                        yeah she cant really afford to spend anything over 100. The little one wants the ipod touch specifically so no point in looking for a different type.
                        Would an old 2nd generation Ipod Touch 8gb do her 8 year old? If so she can have one I have for nothing, but maybe it's too outdated.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Anyone still playing OFC? only got the app today, have same username as here.
                        I haven't been playing really over the past few weeks but I'll hit you up soon, same id as here too.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                          Stayed there for over two weeks in 2008. Rooms are clean and comfortable, location is halfway between downtown and the big strip hotels. If you're on a budget I recommend.
                          Hmmmm regarding budget, going with lads so accom doesn't have to be special. Plan on doing it with herself the following year so will save the fancy resorts for then.
                          So with the lads pokering and partying.
                          Herself - swanky hotel, nice meals, shows and other couple touristy things.

Best of both really.

Comment

I think I counted 211 on that list that I had seen although I nearly closed it in disgust early on when I saw that the abomination that is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in the top 500.

Some others I may well have seen but can't remember.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              Would an old 2nd generation Ipod Touch 8gb do her 8 year old? If so she can have one I have for nothing, but maybe it's too outdated.

I haven't been playing really over the past few weeks but I'll hit you up soon, same id as here too.
                              I have two in a cupboard here. The game's stopped working due to ios changes and they only good as mp3 player now. Even a 4th will be pretty much useless come next year. Fucking apple!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                I think I counted 211 on that list that I had seen although I nearly closed it in disgust early on when I saw that the abomination that is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in the top 500.

Some others I may well have seen but can't remember.
                                Me too. That was the only one where I was thinking WTF? lolbad film

Comment

That would explain the price.

What's the best way of going about this?
                                  A package? Or flights from skyscanner and hotel on somewhere like booking.com?
                                  Book flights and hotel separately. skyscanner etc will find you a good deal for flights for Dub-London-Vegas direct (BA and Virgin)
                                  Search the hotels own websites for deals, you can also find deal codes to use on Caesars.com etc. I recommend the Gold Coast for decent low budget and close to the strip. Cheapest on strip will be the Quad, complete dive but great location if you wont spend much time in your room.

Comment

I am sure she wouldnt decline , I will buzz her now. thanks a mill for the offer
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Its laminated MDF. The fact that he found it abandoned meant it was unlikely solid.

Comment

SPOILER

Read that list as if narrated by the good man Paddy himself:

Comment

Aye we need to rekindle our game. I bet your ball deep in strategy waiting for me.
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                            Its laminated MDF. The fact that he found it abandoned meant it was unlikely solid.
                                            It's still class to be fair. And when I sell it for €50 or so, I will be rubbing the cash all over my titties.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                              It's still class to be fair. And when I sell it for €50 or so, I will be rubbing the cash all over my titties.
                                              Look for 100 settle for 75

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                Weird. Must have the wrong end of the stick so, unless it's gone downhill badly since.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                  Look for 100 settle for 75
                                                  Have it listed at 80.
                                                  Maybe go 99.99.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                    Read that list as if narrated by the good man Paddy himself:
                                                    Mostly made me think of

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

hotspur sent you a pm
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Irish Pictorial Weekly starting on RTE1 at 10.15. I know I moaned about it last year( enjoyed it more on a second watch), still going to be watching it.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Weird. Must have the wrong end of the stick so, unless it's gone downhill badly since.
                                                          The casino and food joints were dodge (room service was okay), but the rooms were fine. That's all it needs to be at that price. Sleep there, and hop in a taxi to gamble, eat, drink elsewhere imo.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Vegas rooms in general are fine. I'm staying in the Gold Coast for $30 a night in February, means a few shuttle buses and taxis but value for a lads holiday type thing nothing wrong with the main budget hotels in Vegas. 75 lane bowling alley and a 24hour TGIs in the hotel ftw.

Comment

Stratosphere isn't even in Vegas, its somewhere vaguely up in Northern Nevada in an area where they house all the local gangstas and crackwhores.
                                                              You'll be spending a shitload on taxis every night which will cancel out your accomadation savings, and you'll just feel generally miserable seeing all the decent hotel pass by as you travel past them.

For first time in Vegas, to really enjoy it, you should get something close to mid or south strip, and theres plenty of reasonable budget places like Quad, Excalibur, Tropicana, Harrahs which are all within 90 second walking distance of 4 or 5 other hotels that you can socialize in, play poker in etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mickste View Post
                                                                Blackfish one of the best documentaries this year just starting on bbc4, riveting watch
                                                                Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                much appreciated, meaning to catch this for a while
                                                                Riveting and Terrifying.

Thanks again!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Stratosphere isn't even in Vegas, its somewhere vaguely up in Northern Nevada in an area where they house all the local gangstas and crackwhores.
                                                                    You'll be spending a shitload on taxis every night which will cancel out your accomadation savings, and you'll just feel generally miserable seeing all the decent hotel pass by as you travel past them.

For first time in Vegas, to really enjoy it, you should get something close to mid or south strip, and theres plenty of reasonable budget places like Quad, Excalibur, Tropicana, Harrahs which are all within 90 second walking distance of 4 or 5 other hotels that you can socialize in, play poker in etc.
                                                                    Excalibur was another we were looking at. Been recommended by a guy at work who stayed there on a lads holiday last year. Plan on playing most poker in Venetian for their deepstack series but will try see and do as may casinos as I can.

Comment

Hmmmm regarding budget, going with lads so accom doesn't have to be special. Plan on doing it with herself the following year so will save the fancy resorts for then.
                                                                      So with the lads pokering and partying.
                                                                      Herself - swanky hotel, nice meals, shows and other couple touristy things.

Best of both really.

What AJ says really. I reckon me and the lads will do it next July it will be a first for them.

Vegas hotels are notoriously cheap def stay somewhere just off mid strip. Pm me dates if ya want and il see what id recommend. Id at least give you a shortlist to come on here with.

Ive stayed twice at the Monte Carlo and really like it. I stayed once at the Palazzo but PP covered that one for me.
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

4 ipoints needed for 25 quid bonus...........sigh

cash in VIP club points = 2 quid

sit in to 2/5 (cent obv) speed poker

Ship

who hasnt been in this position?
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

RE vegas on a budget

Agree with AJ.

Vegas needs to be treated as you would like to be treated like Vegas.

If you want to do it on a budget, you're gonna get a slighty budgeted view on it.

Hit the CU bro, and forget about bringing lady friend next year - take her to Rome.

Comment

rugby is fucked.

Unions look to keep the status quo after French federation say Top 14 clubs will be persuaded to abandon rival Rugby Champions Cup

Time for a new addiction.

Comment

Excalibur was another we were looking at. Been recommended by a guy at work who stayed there on a lads holiday last year. Plan on playing most poker in Venetian for their deepstack series but will try see and do as may casinos as I can.
                                                                              Stayed in Excalibur the first time (2007) and thought it was fine. Cheap and cheerful, bit dated by LV standards, but still about three times as good as you'd get for the same budget price in a European city.
                                                                              Really liked that it was a short stroll away from so many other places, walk outside and you are at a busy junction with the hustle and bustle of people going to MGM, Luxor, Mandalay Bay, NYNY, Tropicana and a few others.
                                                                              It just felt like what I expected Vegas to be.

Strat would be fine as well I'm sure but it just felt very isolated when we visited it, it'd want to be a lot cheaper to justify it imo as everywhere will be a taxi.

Comment

I agree. Stratosphere is where i stayed on my debut, walk to the sands nearly killed me with the heat. They do complimentary shuttle busses every 30mins though but yeah your not really in vegas on the outskirts like that.

On the film thing i game up after clicking about 20 knowing id have to scan the 500. This is probably abby normal. You fellers have some resolution!

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback. May start a thread in the new year to keep all the suggestions and that in one place. I'm sure the info would be handy for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    Getting way too much enjoyment out of Modern Family.

Hello Android 4.4 on the Nexus 7. Eh, what's actually different?
                                                                                    Only on new one? Did you ever pull trigger on ditching the phone and relying solely on tablet?
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

That would explain the price.

What's the best way of going about this?
                                                                                      A package? Or flights from skyscanner and hotel on somewhere like booking.com?
                                                                                      Go with Excally's imo, it's walkable to the centre (i.e. Caesars,Bellagio,Venetian), the strat isn't.

I've always shopped around for flights with the likes of Skyscanner and booked separately.

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                      hotspur sent you a pm
                                                                                      Did he? It never arrived.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

...

Comment

I stayed in a hostel on fremont st when I was there.
                                                                                          Anything would be a step up but I'd never dream of staying in the Quad or the Excalibur
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Gold Coast in where all the fly gan$ters stay at.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                              Vegas rooms in general are fine. I'm staying in the Gold Coast for $30 a night in February, means a few shuttle buses and taxis but value for a lads holiday type thing nothing wrong with the main budget hotels in Vegas. 75 lane bowling alley and a 24hour TGIs in the hotel ftw.
                                                                                              Pop over to the Rio and they have two shuttle buses running to two separate casinos on the strip, nice and handy and they leave every 10 minutes or so.

Done the bowling one of the nights and it was a bit of craic, very cheap booze!

Getting way too much enjoyment out of Modern Family.

Hello Android 4.4 on the Nexus 7. Eh, what's actually different?
                                                                                              Gave up on Modern Family about 5 minutes into episode one of the new season, went to hell.
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

Gave up on Modern Family about 5 minutes into episode one of the new season, went to hell.
                                                                                                was thinking the same - but then last couple of episodes have been really good. It's like the writers werent ready for everybody in the series growing up. Thankfully - they've copped on

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Panorama was both brilliant journalism and depressing at the same time.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                        Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
                                                                                                        Sort that shit out zodly.

Comment

Shower coke much less satisfying than shower beer

Comment

This is some hendon mob, not sure if I'm impressed or depressed looking at it
                                                                                                            Total life earnings: $395,034. Latest cash: $1,554 on 12-Jan-2023. Click here to see the details of Flaminio Malaguti's 226 cashes.

He's supposedly offering ridic deals at ft's as long as he gets credited with first, crazy Italian some of these results are two in one day
                                                                                                            Last edited by mickste; 21-11-13, 23:58.

Comment

Only on Season One of Modern Family. Heard it gets worse, all right. But there's a few good seasons anyway?
                                                                                                              i'm about half way through season 3. Still pretty decent

Comment

Probly a silly question but im gna ask it anyways How safe is downloading movies from a torrent site ?

I have the one pc that i use for online banking and poker etc,just wondering is it safe to do it on this ? Any help is appreciated.ty
                                                                                                                “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                  Shower coke much less satisfying than shower beer
                                                                                                                  I have heard about it doing it in the toilet but in the shower?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      Aye we need to rekindle our game. I bet your ball deep in strategy waiting for me.
                                                                                                                      I have Shawn Deeb on my speed dial.

I'm not sure why I haven't been playing. So Denny here is another customer, also KK82 is a very reliable option, Kayroo plays, Zod, Finkel although it's been ages since we duelled. Oh and Chips1234, and he might be a good option as he could be tilting atm.

Comment

@shanno Can't imagine there's even the slightest risk if you have an anti virus program (one of the free anti virus ones obv). Using KAT, yeah? Say it's very close to zero risk.
                                                                                                                        Thanks man,yeah i have an anti virus, is KAT a torrent site ? that brings me to my next question whats the best torrent site for downloading movies ?
                                                                                                                        “The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.”

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X