• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
    Also, the first 2 were cat.
    Yup, I had to step in.

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
      Just starting ep 3 and this came up as an advertisement at the start of the youtube video...

I was in Wicklow last week and met this total legend! He has come to Ireland in search of Wicklow gold, he is convinced the earthquakes shook gold loose. I s...

Weird advertising whatever they're at.
      haha wtf is that, pure madness.

google chrome + adblock plus ftw no ads on the youtube vids anymore.

ended up watching every episdoe of the vault & there's only 1 left no date for release pretty gutting need to know where the fuck its going.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Went to the physio this morning, he told me that the pain i was having was just down to too much too soon, to dial it back big time after taking a few days off, i had been walking 40-50 mins every day for nearly 3 weeks and just my body saying back the fuck up !

After the 3 days off he told me start again, this time 15-20mins 3 times a week.

At this early stage to me it seems frustrating, im actually enjoying both the excercise and fresh air but he said its only 3 days, keep going and actually do damage to my knees and id be looking at 3 months so its all good in the hood.

I also treated myself to a swanky new TV today, a sweet panasonic with an amazing picture.

Oh, i also made some jamie oliver recipe that was on tv last night, he blitzed cauliflower in the blender, nuked it for 7 mins and that shit was the same as rice...with none of the carbs ! went great with the sweet potatoe curry. Best food i have made myself in ages. i swapped the korma paste for madras and doubled the garlic, chilli and paste quantities.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/v...liflower-pilau
        Ole, can you swim?

Absolutely excellent exercise for body and mind, and really low impact on the joints.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Ole, can you swim?

Absolutely excellent exercise for body and mind, and really low impact on the joints.
          The joints are unsmokable if they get wet.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

That's that on the Heineken Cup so.

'Zenith' has been torn down.

FU McCafferty you definition of prick.

Comment

Also, the first 2 were cat.
              Ah conspics one was ok, should have used 3 logicians or sophists instead of mathematicians but still solid.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Royce is keen this morning !!

Comment

That's that on the Heineken Cup so.

'Zenith' has been torn down.

FU McCafferty you definition of prick.
                  Is it really over
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    Is it really over
                    yup

Cliffs:
                    Heineken Cup is a tournament owned by ERC* (6 Unions)
                    Unions have allocation of participation (And previous winners get allocation too)
                    Unions free to choose their participants (all Unions choose League placement in the respective Leagues)
                    PRL** & LNR*** (The Leagues not Unions) have withdrawn from Heineken Cup

Talks have totally broken down between PRL/LNR and the other Club Owners (Unions) in trying to 'fix' Heineken Cup.
                    PRL/LNR want less teams, more money for them, League based instead of Union Based
                    Unions clearly don't like this as 4 Unions compete in 1 League (RaboPro12)

There's a gulf in what's being proposed by either side and what's acceptable to the other.

As a result, PRL & LNR have decided to create their own tournament and offer opportunity to compete.

ERC (Unions) is dead = Heineken Cup is dead
                    Last edited by Emmet; 12-09-13, 09:35. Reason: *European Rugby Cup **Premiership Rugby Limited (England) ***Ligue Nationale de Rugby (France)

Comment

Stuck Dragon's Den on the background because i've yet to see the new series on BBC, and have to say that i could really feel for this guy throughout the pitch. Completely conflustered and it was never going to end well..

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                        Just starting ep 3 and this came up as an advertisement at the start of the youtube video...

I was in Wicklow last week and met this total legend! He has come to Ireland in search of Wicklow gold, he is convinced the earthquakes shook gold loose. I s...

Weird advertising whatever they're at.
                        Apparently its some lame "viral" advertising for Cadburys twirl. Theyve been trailing it on the journal all week with sponsored articles without revealing who's behind it apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Ah conspics one was ok, should have used 3 logicians or sophists instead of mathematicians but still solid.
                          I'm probably just sour because I don't get it.
                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

anyone got any good wedding present ideas? like the laziness of giving cash but friend has asked for no cash or presents. Gonna give one anyway as its a longtime friend, would prefer to give present rather than cash though

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                              anyone got any good wedding present ideas? like the laziness of giving cash but friend has asked for no cash or presents. Gonna give one anyway as its a longtime friend, would prefer to give present rather than cash though
                              Family crest?

Comment

actually fuck it just going to go with cold hard cash, googled wedding present ideas and most of them are absolutely tragic.
                                Might mix it up and and give it to them in Mexi pesos seeing as thats where honeymoon is happening

Comment

yup

Is that article not just him negotiating in public.
                                  I mean your analysis of the current situation is spot on but I don't think anything is a done deal just yet.

It sounds to me like there will be at least one more attempt to work out a deal, probably using outside mediation before they give up on it.

Comment

If he said no cash then I would hold to that.

Buy a small work of art or well made craft that you like and that you think will fit with them (tend towards discreet as tastes vary so much).

Comment

ironing board.
                                      toaster
                                      or find out where they are staying on their honeymoon and book a nice meal in a good local restaurant and /or a bottle of champers/room service for them in the hotel.
                                      Dont tell them about it and it'll be a nice surprise when they arrive.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Charity donation.

Comment

I'd go with what DP said but maybe book an activity for the holiday such as a Skydive or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                            Charity donation.
                                            I sincerely hope you are trolling

Comment

actually fuck it just going to go with cold hard cash, googled wedding present ideas and most of them are absolutely tragic.
                                              Might mix it up and and give it to them in Mexi pesos seeing as thats where honeymoon is happening
                                              if they are going to Cancun, book them on a whale shark tour if it is still available. We did it last week, and it was a bucket list experience. c $300 for 2 ppl
                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

f(x) = 2x+3 walks into a bar and asks for a pint.
                                                Barman says sorry, we don't cater for functions.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I hate giving cash, Le Creuset stuff is what everybody gets.
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

I sincerely hope you are trolling
                                                    they have specifically requested no money/presents.

Comment

I am trying to get a courier to deliver 20 litres of paint

All the couriers I rang so far have advised, there wont take it, anyone
                                                      know of any company who would.

Thanks

Comment

I'm probably just sour because I don't get it.
                                                        Do you ALL want a drink?

First mathematician wants a drink, but because he doesn't know if the other two do he has to answer 'don't know' to the question. He would answer No if he didn't want a drink.
                                                        Second mathematician knows he wants a drink and knows the first one wants a drink, but has to answer 'dont know' for the same reason as above.
                                                        Third mathematician can say Yes as he wants a drink and knows the other two do.

Comment

No money or presents.

So I'm going to either get them a present or just give them money. Genius.

Comment

I mean your analysis of the current situation is spot on but I don't think anything is a done deal just yet.

It sounds to me like there will be at least one more attempt to work out a deal, probably using outside mediation before they give up on it.
                                                            Good to see Sporting Tradition & Honour triumph over money.

Not a GAA fan at all really but a lot to be said for its ethos in this current world we live in.

Comment

(you still in Sligo?) Get him a lump of wood off that auld lad in the butchers (if they are any good!)

Comment

So lad(s) tell me again about the state of "the soccer" and all it's il's

Fur the day that's apparently in it

REMASTERED IN HD!Official Music Video for Gratitude performed by Beastie Boys. Read the story behind ‘Check Your Head’ here: https://www.udiscovermusic.com/s...

Comment

Ole, can you swim?

Physio recommended swimming also, i can, but i am not very good at it, its on the list of things to learn though !
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

nah, PRL & LNR are being ridiculous.
                                                                    As are Unions tbh.
                                                                    In fairness though their goals just can't align.

BT Deal is massive massive elephant in the room too. PRL cannot sign with the ERC because of it (PRL have signed away the rights to any Euro Competition they take part in. ERC have sold their competition's rights to Sky).

There was a press release prior to yesterday's ERC meeting (with PRL & LNR reps) saying they were starting a new competition - classless though this was it was not a parting shot - .

There was a meeting yesterday, ERC said things were progressing.

Today, PRL chairman releases previously linked statement. Dead Ducks imo

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      So lad(s) tell me again about the state of "the soccer" and all it's il's
                                                                      yes. And complaining that Rugby has apparently caught these ills ...

That surely can't make them any less bothersome as a soccer fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        (you still in Sligo?) Get him a lump of wood off that auld lad in the butchers (if they are any good!)
                                                                        Excellent suggestion.
                                                                        He does really great work and it still costs feck all.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          Physio recommended swimming also, i can, but i am not very good at it, its on the list of things to learn though !
                                                                          Put it to the top of the list imo. Take the pain away from your joints, learn to swim and use it as your fitness buzz too.

Comment

yes. And complaining that Rugby has apparently caught these ills ...

That surely can't make them any less bothersome as a soccer fan?
                                                                            Does that mean we will follow along or could you see us, Scotland, Wales ever saying fuck them?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                              I am trying to get a courier to deliver 20 litres of paint

All the couriers I rang so far have advised, there wont take it, anyone
                                                                              know of any company who would.

Thanks

I have got paint with them from a company before.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                Does that mean we will follow along or could you see us, Scotland, Wales ever saying fuck them?
                                                                                Don't know yet.

Unions are under huge huge pressure here.

Given their previous disposition to pressure, I imagine we'll see no Rabodirect teams (other than perhaps 1 Welsh - already some frayed relations between 1 and the WRU ) take part in the PRL/LNR tournament in 2014/2015 (first year).

They've been given a deadline of 6 weeks to apply to be in the tournament.

Pretty vile stuff really.

Comment

anyone got any good wedding present ideas? like the laziness of giving cash but friend has asked for no cash or presents.
                                                                                  Sick angleshoot? Cash AND presents each please!
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread - Winter is coming

I await to be told if it is a terrible idea but what about booking some where for next years 1 year anniversary. If not getting married where they live potentially the place the reception is.
                                                                                    Otherwise just somewhere nice out the county for a night/weekend.
                                                                                    Could get to be a very pricey present tho

Comment

himself did a lucky 15 yesterday and went up to collect his winnings, two came in or so he thought, was expecting his money back. yer woman handed him some loose change and he goes grand thanks and walked off. She calls him back and hands him 600 quid the 3rd came in. if the 4th came in he would have got 18 k
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                        himself did a lucky 15 yesterday and went up to collect his winnings, two came in or so he thought, was expecting his money back. yer woman handed him some loose change and he goes grand thanks and walked off. She calls him back and hands him 600 quid the 3rd came in. if the 4th came in he would have got 18 k

Comment

Jesus if he told you he won €600 that means he really won 1.5k plus! That's a great return well played that man.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                                                                              http://www.dpd.ie/

I have got paint with them from a company before.
                                                                                              Thanks, I rang them this morning and they advised

they could not do it,

Comment

Horrible looking fall there for Hayley Turner. Hope she's ok.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Excellent suggestion.
                                                                                                  He does really great work and it still costs feck all.
                                                                                                  Michael quirke is it? Got a sweet present from him when I was younger, really nice.

Comment

Boardwalk Empire

SPOILER
                                                                                                    I miss Gyp Rosetti. Do you think the writers regret dropping him? I can't think of a better villain on TV in the last few years.

Comment

Sligo has overtaken Waterford round these parts. Represent
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Trolling the spelling bee for the win, like a boss!

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                          Thanks, I rang them this morning and they advised

they could not do it,
                                                                                                          Did you try http://www.agllogistics.ie/

I find them good as well and they deliver on saturday

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            Michael quirke is it? Got a sweet present from him when I was younger, really nice.
                                                                                                            Yea. Back in the 80's when he was still selling meat as well he did a piece for me, its still my most prized possession.

It's of the mythical Mad Sweeeny that Heaney later translated as Sweeny Astray. Man on one side intertwined with him as the bird he transformed int in the legend on the other. Its carved on a piece of hawthorn, the tree that Sweeny sat in when he was a bird, when I was getting it off him he pointed out a split in the piece of wood that runs right through the eye of the human figure. 'You see that crack, he said, most lads would have thrown out that piece of wood but I kept it just for this piecebecause you see, that Sweeny he was a bit cracked himself!'

Comment

For all ye bored ipb'ers here is something to do

Don't be looking at other people's spoilers now! No quit!!!

fwiw I don't have #2 or #9 and not 100% on #6 but pretty sure

do not read situation or riggers future posts if you want to try yourself
                                                                                                              Last edited by mdoug; 12-09-13, 15:17.
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone with a tesco near them

Use this code RXXGGHT to save €20 on your first online order when you spend €60 or more by 25th September
                                                                                                                Works with booze. I just got 30 bottles of decent ales and some cooking wine for €47 delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                  For all ye bored ipb'ers here is something to do

Don't be looking at other people's spoilers now! No quit!!!
                                                                                                                  SPOILER

5. 8 mile!

Happy enough with myself now, earned a cup of tea.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yea. Back in the 80's when he was still selling meat as well he did a piece for me, its still my most prized possession.

It's of the mythical Mad Sweeeny that Heaney later translated as Sweeny Astray. Man on one side intertwined with him as the bird he transformed int in the legend on the other. Its carved on a piece of hawthorn, the tree that Sweeny sat in when he was a bird, when I was getting it off him he pointed out a split in the piece of wood that runs right through the eye of the human figure. 'You see that crack, he said, most lads would have thrown out that piece of wood but I kept it just for this piecebecause you see, that Sweeny he was a bit cracked himself!'
                                                                                                                    Would you mind sticking a picture of that up? Sounds interesting

Comment

I just had a pin prick cholesterol and sugar count in work, the cholesterol showed 3.9...i know its not that accurate and there is no breakdown, but the last time it was that low i think i was still on the tit.

Must get a proper set of bloods done soon, this healthy lifestyle could have its benefits.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Lol. He won at least 2k if he told you that

Edit: too slow wp Eoghan
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Wesley Harms; 12-09-13, 15:07.

Comment

1-Snakes on a plane
                                                                                                                          2- Independence day
                                                                                                                          3-Mean Girls
                                                                                                                          4- ?
                                                                                                                          5 8th Mile
                                                                                                                          6 ?
                                                                                                                          7 Field of dreams
                                                                                                                          8 Alpha and Omega
                                                                                                                          9 ?
                                                                                                                          10?
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X