RUGBY BETTING THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
    Hope not many bought to much of BOD man of the match at 1/2.
    Thank Christ! Would be some lol if they still give it to him.
    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

That's the rugby thread dead for another 6 months I guess

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
        That's the rugby thread dead for another 6 months I guess
        Irelands tour to Argie
        England gonna get crushed in new zealand
        also super 15 play offs

Gaa and world cup on lots of great ways to blow the loot over summer.
        Last edited by Guest; 31-05-14, 20:46.

Comment

lumped on NZ-3 @ 4/5. seems like very good value to me

savea first tryscorer also for the craic

Comment

Balls had big review on Leinster Connacht match done here on phone and it disappeared . Leinster to cover the cap of 7 points due to having a proper fly half and a stronger bench darcy Healy Jennings and red den to come on.if Connacht have same amount of handling errors as last week could be a bad beating

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              Balls had big review on Leinster Connacht match done here on phone and it disappeared . Leinster to cover the cap of 7 points due to having a proper fly half and a stronger bench darcy Healy Jennings and red den to come on.if Connacht have same amount of handling errors as last week could be a bad beating
              Heading to this shortly. Think you're probably right sadly about Leinster covering the spread. Our only hope is our defence has been very solid so far, shutout in the second half of the Edinburgh game and only 25 points conceded in two games. Obviously Leinster are a much stronger attacking force than either Dragons or Edinburgh. Ian Madigan was given far too much space last week and caused havoc but I don't think Dave McSharry will give anywhere near as much room tonight. Denis Buckley will give Mike Ross problems at scrumtime I think. Leinster should dominate the lineout.

If we keep it tight for the first 20, we have a small squeak.Would take a losing bonus point now though.

Comment

Puke. Skybet have very much over-repped Leinster this weekend at home to Connacht.

There's big value in Connacht +13 @ 10/11, winning @6s.

I'd have fair handicap at 6/8 points. Skybet will allow you 13/8 on Connacht +7.

sigh

edit: Creeping inwards...
                Last edited by Emmet; 18-12-14, 14:29.

Comment

Nightmare start from Connacht. Yellow card and multiple handling errors. Leinster throwing it around well.

Leinster 1-10 point victors please.

Comment

Are Ireland worthy joint favourites at 2/1 to win the 6 Nations?

You can get a slightly better price dutching the Ireland/England and Ireland/Wales forecasts, so is that a better option, or could France sneak into a top 2 spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

You can get a slightly better price dutching the Ireland/England and Ireland/Wales forecasts, so is that a better option, or could France sneak into a top 2 spot?
                      Wales are away to France so for me I would rather have France in the forecast.

To be honest I would be more inclined to back Ireland for the GS at 6s than the Championship at 2s. It is a WC year and France could be anything. My prediction would be

Ireland (GS)
                      England
                      France
                      Scotland
                      Wales
                      Italy

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Think its the most open for years.
                        Ireland without Sexton are in real trouble.
                        He should be back also have trouble at scrum half.

Comment

Any tips for tonight? Heading to the pub for it and wouldn't mind an auld flutter for extra interest, thinking of going for under 18.5 in 1st half but want more bets
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

george north first try scorer 8/1. pp give money back ( free bet ) if he scores anytime so would at least expect recoup if not to be.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                              george north first try scorer 8/1. pp give money back ( free bet ) if he scores anytime so would at least expect recoup if not to be.
                              only 13/2 on pp but am on! Thanking you
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

pp also doing bet 20 on top tryscorer and get a free 5er bet every time he scores

Comment

Wales should cover 4 point spread.
                                  George Ford has the potentail to a much more complete outhalf than Farrell he will be a call act.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                    only 13/2 on pp but am on! Thanking you
                                    8/1 under power play on enhanced specials if you scroll down on main page

Comment

Let's go sports rugby yes!

Comment

8/1 under power play on enhanced specials if you scroll down on main page
                                        Fairly sure the MBS won't apply to the enhanced bet

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Fairly sure the MBS won't apply to the enhanced bet
                                          didnt matter but im sure your right and the MBS be void somewhere in the terms from an enhanced. Id be pretty sure a good moan in a chatbox would get the free bet though

I dont think they should be even allowed use the term money back special MBS. To actually get ones money back they have to hit an even money shot after. Most have gone this route but i think more punters should have made a stand to all them and said just give me the money back you prick. Paddy Power has tried to compete with there poor odds on this basis and I have noticed there cash out offers are below others too.

Another thing that annoyed me about there free bet returns is if its on a scorecast you get it in halfs i.e half for the score and then the rest for the goalscorer so when you want to use up the free bet you cant just lump it on and have the tedious task of putting on the bet in multiples.

TLDR : Fuck Paddy Power

Comment

didnt matter but im sure your right and the MBS be void somewhere in the terms from an enhanced. Id be pretty sure a good moan in a chatbox would get the free bet though

I dont think they should be even allowed use the term money back special MBS. To actually get ones money back they have to hit an even money shot after. Most have gone this route but i think more punters should have made a stand to all them and said just give me the money back you prick. Paddy Power has tried to compete with there poor odds on this basis and I have noticed there cash out offers are below others too.

Another thing that annoyed me about there free bet returns is if its on a scorecast you get it in halfs i.e half for the score and then the rest for the goalscorer so when you want to use up the free bet you cant just lump it on and have the tedious task of putting on the bet in multiples.

TLDR : Fuck Paddy Power
                                            I object because money back specials are class, I love them very much. My money never got to neteller to bet on the unders in any aspect, got wales race to 10 and lost every other bet of the day but seriously....... what a fucking game!!! That was the best 6 nations game I have seen in a long time if not ever, utter brilliance! I don't give a shit about my bets right now, too good
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I think too much is made of the returning Italian experience, yes Parisse is a top player but he hasn't been world class in the last two years. Castro is over the hill and not getting huge game time for Toulon. This is a team who have just twice against minnows since beating Ireland in Rome two years ago.

Ireland are admittedly missing a few but we didn't miss Healy during the Autumn, this wouldn't be a game for Heaslip in any event because it will be a tight battle upfront. Keatley at 10 is a bit of an unknown but I'll give Joe the benefit of the doubt until he fucks up.

Yeah there are a few sweeping generalisations in the above but I'm on Ireland -10.
                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Outrights -
                                                Ireland to win grand slam. 5/1
                                                Bowe top tryscorer. 10/1
                                                Bowe Irish top try scorer. 3/1

Today's game -
                                                Jared Payne first try @16/1. Pp MBS anytime.

Comment

Forgot to say in the earlier post I'm also all over Scotland +10

Comment

Very solid Saturday. Won't fear the French in Dublin next week.

Comment

Small bet on Ireland U20's -3 tonight. Live on RTE2 now for anyone interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                        Off to a flyer getting ruined in scrums though.
                                                        Exciting backline for ireland.

Comment

Ulster - 24, Ireland - 6 double done.

Comment

Nice. Great game, Ireland's ball skills are excellent, especially the pack.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                              Nice. Great game, Ireland's ball skills are excellent, especially the pack.
                                                              Ringrose and Dardis look like great prospects.

Comment

I'm prepared for this to make me look very stupid but for the life of me I can't see by Italy +29 this afternoon.

Comment

Sticking with Jared Payne first try @16s

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                    Sticking with Jared Payne first try @16s
                                                                    20/1 boyles btw

I'm prepared for this to make me look very stupid but for the life of me I can't see by Italy +29 this afternoon.
                                                                    Italy +30 is evens in ladbrokes instead of +29 everywhere else
                                                                    Last edited by mdoug; 14-02-15, 11:53.
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                      Ulster - 24, Ireland - 6 double done.
                                                                      Ireland game a bit close for comfort but ship ship!

Comment

Scotland +4 today. Proved they could live with big strike runners against France last week, still think the bookies aren't giving them the credit they deserve. Will also be on them at 2.8 to win.

Comment

Looking at the paddy power €25 top try scorer €5 free bet offer and thinking of throwing a few bets on. People in the know guide me please!!!!

I was going to go on Bryan Habana @10/1 but then saw Jesse Kriel at 33's and am thinking that is better value. Both perhaps? Someone with more knowledge tell me .

Also which new zealanders should I be betting on, taking at least 2 of them and might throw in 1 irish/french so I have a sweat in that pool too.
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Looking at the paddy power €25 top try scorer €5 free bet offer and thinking of throwing a few bets on. People in the know guide me please!!!!

I was going to go on Bryan Habana @10/1 but then saw Jesse Kriel at 33's and am thinking that is better value. Both perhaps? Someone with more knowledge tell me .

Also which new zealanders should I be betting on, taking at least 2 of them and might throw in 1 irish/french so I have a sweat in that pool too.
                                                                            can't see past Savea tbh, outside chance for milner-skudder.

Folau is lethal also, but in the pool of death, he won't be getting any easy tries and will more than likely be rested in the minnow games.

A small bet may be placed on South African Mvovo. the guy is the cover for Habana, but Habana is past it at international level imo, and Mvovo will score loads of tries against the minnows, and may get a chance in some of the bigger games.

Comment

I reckon you want a second string winger at one of the big sides.

Someone who'll start both games v the easier teams in the pool, and will be looking to use big scores to push themselves into contention for starting spot for knock outs.

If we were a try-scoring team, Earls would be my shout.

Comment

first bet on game 1

5pts on Fiji+25. Last world cup, the handicaps were way off for the group games, and i think 25 pts is massive. hopefully the bookies get it way wrong again this year

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                  first bet on game 1

5pts on Fiji+25. Last world cup, the handicaps were way off for the group games, and i think 25 pts is massive. hopefully the bookies get it way wrong again this year
                                                                                  Love watching the Fijians run the ball.
                                                                                  Not seen them in ages set piece can let them down but no pressure on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                    Love watching the Fijians run the ball.
                                                                                    Not seen them in ages set piece can let them down but no pressure on them.
                                                                                    can't wait to see Nadolo run! shame they're in this pool as they would've had a real chance of qualifying in a couple of the others.

Comment

Missed that - was it a penalty try? So my 1st tryscorer bet still running?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Missed that - was it a penalty try? So my 1st tryscorer bet still running?
                                                                                        It was a pen try

Comment

first bet on game 1

Way too close for comfort, mainly due to missed kicks by Fiji, but we'll take it.

Comment

Way too close for comfort, mainly due to missed kicks by Fiji, but we'll take it.
                                                                                            Ya good start some super individuals in Fiji team thught England lucky not to be down to 14 for consistent penaltys.
                                                                                            Was looking bad at 15-0 down great heart and england being poor helped.

Comment

Taken a pretty big interest in Italy +18.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                Taken a pretty big interest in Italy +18.
                                                                                                +1 on this.

also taken Japan +44

i've also made a couple of bets on the semis. I actually think that australia will top group A. England really don't look great, and i don't think home advantage will be enough to beat the wallabies, who are coming together at the right time under cheika.

with that in mind, i've gone for Aus-Fra and Eng-NZ at 30/1 and Aus-Ire and Eng-NZ at 20/1

Comment

Uruguay +66 today. I know they are woeful, but it's the first game so they'll be fired up and fit, and as we saw yesterday, teams tend to slow down after a big start which I expect Wales to have. I'd imagine a winning margin of 50 to 60
                                                                                                  Last edited by shrapnel; 20-09-15, 08:24.

Comment

2pts on argent +22, mainly for a bit of interest, but they'll be up for this.

And a small bet on savea 1st tryscorer.

Comment

2pts on argent +22, mainly for a bit of interest, but they'll be up for this.

And a small bet on savea 1st tryscorer.
                                                                                                      Added mealamu for last tryscorer at 25 to 1. You just know he's coming on, and will be at the back of every line-out move.

Comment

Scotland covering the spread against Japan is now the surest thing in this world cup.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          Scotland covering the spread against Japan is now the surest thing in this world cup.
                                                                                                          that and the aussies beating the spread against fiji (+25). THe English almost beat it and were woeful. Aus are going to annihilate this Fiji team who don't even have a kicker. Gone for the double.

Comment

Ladbrokes are still 66/1 Argentina for the tournament (despite a bunch of us hammering that price each way with them and with PP yesterday online and in a bunch of shops). They're paying 1/3 odds each way so 22/1 to make the final. Chance of making the final is probably ~1/3 of that.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                                              Ladbrokes are still 66/1 Argentina for the tournament (despite a bunch of us hammering that price each way with them and with PP yesterday online and in a bunch of shops). They're paying 1/3 odds each way so 22/1 to make the final. Chance of making the final is probably ~1/3 of that.
                                                                                                              15/1 on betfair exchange to make the final, just in case you'd prefer that.
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

shrapnel, namibia to beat the handicap vs new zealand yay or neigh? or will they even score/do any bit well?

I'm in a fantasy rugby group and missed that japan had a double gameweek w1 on the site and have fallen behind. Namibia have a double this week but am very apprehensive about bringing any in :P
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

shrapnel, namibia to beat the handicap vs new zealand yay or neigh? or will they even score/do any bit well?

I'm in a fantasy rugby group and missed that japan had a double gameweek w1 on the site and have fallen behind. Namibia have a double this week but am very apprehensive about bringing any in :P
                                                                                                                  79 points is massive, and it's their first game so i'd like to think so, but i just don't know tbh. NZ will want to play well after their decent but not great first game. i wouldn't be surprised if we saw 7 or 8 tries in the first half alone with SBW carving up the midfield and handing off for tries galore.

Personally i'm steering clear, and hoping savea plays and scores 5 tries

Comment

Team just announced, this is going to be a cricket score

New Zealand: 15 Colin Slade, 14 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 13 Malakai Fekitoa, 12 Sonny Bill Williams, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Victor Vito, 7 Sam Cane (c), 6 Liam Messam, 5 Samuel Whitelock, 4 Luke Romano, 3 Charlie Faumuina, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Ben Franks.

Comment

Cheers, Nonu benched and no Namibians so - twas just a long shot anyway . Both Ben Arous and Woodcock benched means I'll have to transfer someone in anyway though but I'll play it safe with an aussie or something.

Have backed the scotland/aussie double for a tonne too to join in on the bants. Nice tipping so far on the handicaps btw!
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'll be sitting on Ha'penny Bridge with a coffee cup circa 4pm if the Scots don't cover here.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 23-09-15, 13:15.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                          I'll be sitting on Haypenny Bridge with a coffee cup circa 4pm if the Scots don't cover here.
                                                                                                                          What HC did you get?

On the Scots & Aussie HC double for the afternoon....

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X