No announcement yet.

RUGBY BETTING THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7 pts Home Adv, would be 14pt swing from first game price?

Comment

Munster are -1 or -2 with most firms yet Corals go +1 at 10/11.

Leinster -10 with Hills and BetFred generally -11 or -12 elsewhere all 10/11.

Still fancy Gloucester to cover the handicap against Edinburgh even with strong wind forecast.

Comment

I backed munster +2 this week

And I really like the double odds special on first try scorer on paddy so so have backed the wingers from the following teams: ulster, toulon, munster, Saracens and Clermont

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

And I really like the double odds special on first try scorer on paddy so so have backed the wingers from the following teams: ulster, toulon, munster, Saracens and Clermont
          Ship ship, 2 doubled one single

Comment

Munster giving backers best sweat ive seen since Northampton Leinster final.

Is this year more unusual for upsets than normal?

Comment

Did the same for Gloucester and montpellier.

Comment

Loaded up on Ulster +5 and straight tonight.
                The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

PP have a special if forward scores first try, money back on all singles so did ten on Marmion at 12s, ten on Conor Murray at 16s and ten double. Big bet on Toulouse minus 5 tomorrow.

Comment

Last minute fantasy 6 nations anyone?

Set up a league at http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/

code is 67463

Comment

So anyone punting on the 6N? I'm on England at 3/1 for the championship and 13/2 to win the GS. I think they have the best team at the moment and the fixture list is pretty decent for them if they can get over France tomorrow. I believe they will and have backed them to beat the Froggies at 17/10.

Italy look very weak and I'd be surprised if they perform as well as last season. In tomorrow's lineup they have Castrogiovanni who can barely get around the field, Mirco Bergamasco who is now playing with Rovigo and a talented young outhalf in Tommy Allan who is still very green and will be exposed at this level . Wales have issues of their own with injuries, players out of form and suspensions. They often start slowly in the 6N but improve as they spend more time in camp with Gatland. I expect Wales to grind Italy down and pull away in the second half. Hence I've gone with the second half handicap of Wales -11 @6/5 with Ladbrokes

Sorry I'd planned on writing something more detailed but too tired. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                        So anyone punting on the 6N? I'm on England at 3/1 for the championship and 13/2 to win the GS. I think they have the best team at the moment and the fixture list is pretty decent for them if they can get over France tomorrow. I believe they will and have backed them to beat the Froggies at 17/10.

Italy look very weak and I'd be surprised if they perform as well as last season. In tomorrow's lineup they have Castrogiovanni who can barely get around the field, Mirco Bergamasco who is now playing with Rovigo and a talented young outhalf in Tommy Allan who is still very green and will be exposed at this level . Wales have issues of their own with injuries, players out of form and suspensions. They often start slowly in the 6N but improve as they spend more time in camp with Gatland. I expect Wales to grind Italy down and pull away in the second half. Hence I've gone with the second half handicap of Wales -11 @6/5 with Ladbrokes

Sorry I'd planned on writing something more detailed but too tired. Good luck
                        Wanted to bit of write up last night in bed with a migraine.
                        Think its one of more open 6 nations for a long time.
                        France after a shocking year last year missing Dusatoir and problems at half back.
                        Italys tqo teams pointless in Heineken cup and floundering in rabo league.
                        England also have problems but at least Lancaster is giving youth a chance in the backs.
                        Have a good settled pack though.
                        Scotland very limited.

Ourselves missing O brien is huge but i have faith in Schmidt away trips to France and england will scupper our chances.

Couldnt really find a bet today
                        found one
                        Wales@ 11/8 to be top scoring team this weekend hop ethye have the roof on in Millenium stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                          Wales@ 11/8 to be top scoring team this weekend hop ethye have the roof on in Millenium stadium.
                          Where is this?, that looks good.

Comment

My Italians will surely still make their half time caps with regularity no?
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              Last minute fantasy 6 nations anyone?

Set up a league at http://espnscrum.fantasyleague.com/

code is 67463
                              reminder folks, get yer entry in

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                reminder folks, get yer entry in
                                I used always do these hate having subs and changing your team and allowing 10 wingers and 5 flankers in your team

Comment

I used always do these hate having subs and changing your team and allowing 10 wingers and 5 flankers in your team
                                  This one is a bit diff to Irish Times one though, backs and forward positions separated out, no subs although 15 transfers allowed overall (max of 5 in any one week)

Comment

I'm on France to win outright @ 3/1 :-)

Cuthbert and halfpenny first try scorer with pp as double odds if score again

Halfpenny to score anytime

D. Kearney first try scorer also

Comment

Decision to close roof on the MS should help Welsh backers and those on the points overs. 42.5 pts seems to be the general which is very achievable

Comment

On Italy +20, France - 3 and Ireland - 12.

Comment

Italy +20 and England every and each way possible.
                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Decision to close roof on the MS should help Welsh backers and those on the points overs. 42.5 pts seems to be the general which is very achievable
                                            Actually I see Betway are going 4/5 on Wales to score over 29.5pts which is a pretty safe bet imo. I've taken this instead of the above

Comment

D. Kearney first try scorer also
                                              Followed you on this.

Comment

Cian Healy for the man of the match gong,not the worst looking bet imo.@ 20/1 with laddies cant go too far wrong at that price for someone that will carry a lot of ball with the absence of sob,might even get at the end of a maul,worth a little poke at those odds.
                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Ireland minus two is the bet of the weekend in my blinkered eyes. At various times I have sworn off betting on teams I follow due to the obvious bias one has. However, I really can't see anything but a comprehensive Irish victory tomorrow. We should be able to dominate at set pieces, in particular the lineout where they are missing Ian Evans and Charteris (Coombs is game but short of international standard) but even the Welsh scrum should be targeted following the regression of their front row with the new rules. We're also fortunate enough to have three front rows very capable of coming on and making a big impact.

Our half back partnership is far superior, with Murray now being a match for Phillips at a minimum and Sexton light years ahead of Priestland. D'arcy and O'Driscoll, despite their advancing years, are well capable of matching Roberts and Williams.

The only danger I really see comes from their back three, though I think Dave Kearney is criminally underrated and will handle Cuthbert. Trimble must improve from last week facing North, twice last week he chased Murray's box kicks and slipped off a tackle, if he does that against North it will likely be a try. Leigh Halfpenny's incredible accuracy with boot means Ireland must hold their discipline and keep on the right side of Barnes. All things considered I think Ireland will win by ten or more and was tempted to go for alternative handicaps but not going to get too greedy.

Scotland v England - Scotland looked poor last week despite Ireland labouring for the first half hour. With Italy constantly improving, they are in danger of soon becoming perennial wooden spoon recipients unless Vern Cotter can change things when he comes in at the end of the season. They have very little try scoring threat in their backline and now Maitland is out for the tournament, their only danger comes from Hogg. England won't be happy after losing late in Paris, I think it will be relatively close for fifty minutes but England will pull away in the last half hour. Eng - 10 is the bet.

France v Italy - This is a pretty tricky one to call imo. Italy have definitely improved over the last number of years but remain poor travellers, even Scotland beat them by twenty odd points last year. Whilst they kept it close against Wales last week, it's difficult to know how much of that was due to Wales playing in second gear or the progress Italy have made.

Given he was such a heads up player with a play it as you see it style, Saint Andre's conservative coaching style baffles me. France looked really dangerous every time they spread it wide last week, the problem was they did it so rarely. I went back and forth on this between thinking France would beat the spread late on and that Italy's improvements along with an unconvincing French win over England made 19 points too genorous so opted for the easy way out of no bet.

Also did a 'fun bet', gone for a small patent on the below.

Murray to be MotM at 25-1. Unusually for Ireland, Murray is a player that really benefited from being picked too early in his career. He has improved incredibly from the player who burst on to the scene in RWC '11 and the lions tour last summer, in particular working with Rob Howley, seems to have brought his game, especially his pass, to another level. Will win his personal battle with Mike Phillips tomorrow and could be key figure in Ireland victory.

Billy Vunipola to be Motm v Scotland: 10-1. If it's as bad as forecast tomorrow in murrayfield it will likely be a forwards dominated clash and Vunipola's rampaging style might be too much for the Scots to deal with.

Jules Plisson to be Motm v Italy: 7-1. Made a pretty impressive debut against England last weekend and if France dominate, could well shine more.

Comment

Going to punt on Connacht +10 tomorrow. Glasgow have twelve players on Scotland duty so fielding a rather unsettled team (including Richie Vernon, back row forward, at 13). Connacht have a lot out due to injury themselves, most disturbingly captain Craig Clarke who's gone for an unknown amount of time due to suffering 10 concussions in less than two years but field a young talented team which should be able to make this fixture a very competitive one, a team which should also be hurt from their last performance, a shambles against Sarries and with a point to prove.

Comment

I'm pretty clueless on rugby but should tomorrow's game not be closer to a coin flip?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                        I'm pretty clueless on rugby but should tomorrow's game not be closer to a coin flip?
                                                        Definitely think Ireland are a good bet at 6-4. Advantage in front row with Dan Cole out, our backrow is well capable of winning the breakdown battle (Robshaw is a likeable guy and a good pro, but a very overrated 7 with a habit of going missing when it counts - see Cardiff last year, Quins Munster at the Stoop last year) and we have a superior half back partnership although Care & Farrell have improved greatly. Our defence has been outstanding so (for all the deserved praise about how the Leinster backline played under Schmidt, their foundation was the best defence in Europe) and I don't think England have the backs to trouble us unduly tomorrow.

France a great bet this evening at 6-4, Wales have looked terrible so far and the squad doesn't seem to be over happy, they remind me a little of Ireland last year. Don't think this is the right game for North at 13, Basteraud won't have lost any sleep worrying about his size and Wesley Fofana (the best 12 in Europe imo) could enjoy himself, think France could really do a number on them, just hope Saint Andre's conservative game plan doesn't come back to haunt them as they have the backline to tear up Wales if they get the ball at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                          France a great bet this evening at 6-4, Wales have looked terrible so far and the squad doesn't seem to be over happy, they remind me a little of Ireland last year. Don't think this is the right game for North at 13, Basteraud won't have lost any sleep worrying about his size and Wesley Fofana (the best 12 in Europe imo) could enjoy himself, think France could really do a number on them, just hope Saint Andre's conservative game plan doesn't come back to haunt them as they have the backline to tear up Wales if they get the ball at all.
                                                          Well judged this one very badly....France seem to have no gameplan at all, it's bizarre. The amount of ability in their team which isn't being reflected is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                            Seems to be what most pundits are saying alright,boyles are refunding win bets if the team you've backed are leading at halftime and fail to win,max stake 50 quid per docket.
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Also see that pp are offering to double the odds on first tryscorer if he goes on to score the second,was thinking lineout...maul....gruuunt...rinse and repeat,best @ 33/1 or henry @ 40/1,not the worst way to burn a tenner.
                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                Also see that pp are offering to double the odds on first tryscorer if he goes on to score the second,was thinking lineout...maul....gruuunt...rinse and repeat,best @ 33/1 or henry @ 40/1,not the worst way to burn a tenner.
                                                                Gone for sarto and campagnaro myself. I think we could see a few italian tries today. The pp double odds is all about the backs tbh. Cant imagine a forward scoring twice.

Comment

No man of the match market as yet for tomorrows game,would think its a bit of a lock up for b.o.d. in any case,notice powers are the same as last time with their double the odds first try scorer if they happen to go on and score the second try,rob kearney @ 8/1 will do me for €20,the cap at around 24 @ 10/11 i'm not sure about tbh,but i like the half time cap of ireland -12 @ 11/10 so thats i'll play it.At first glance england -4 @ 1/1 looks playable,dont know what to make of the scot/fra,france -7 @ 1/1 with boyles maybe?
                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Italy +12 first half http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-uni...-time-handicap
                                                                    Ireland -12 second. http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-uni...-half-handicap
                                                                    Highest points - 2nd half http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-uni...t-scoring-half

Standard "Long Handicap - non-uniform points" ideal.

Italy to prove tough for first 20 minutes before starting to give up some ground.
                                                                    I'd have It + 10 first, It +14 second on the predicate that the +24 is correct.

Comment

See brian o driscoll is 3/1 with laddies(5/2 with powers) for the motm,have to pass at those odds and good luck to him if he gets the gong.
                                                                      Last edited by amberleaf; 07-03-14, 21:44.
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Tremendous offer @ Betfair Sportsbook

BACK BOD TO SCORE THE FIRST TRY AND YOU COULD GET THE ODDS DOUBLE OR TREBLED
                                                                        Back Brian O'Driscoll to score the first try in Ireland v Italy.
                                                                        If BOD scores the first try in the match and scores another we'll double the odds.
                                                                        If he then scores a third, we'll treble the odds. Bonus payments are credited independently of on-site settlement.

They go a standout-by-miles 13/1 Dricky. 10s best elsewhere and if he signs off with a hat-trick we get 39/1. Max €25. GL!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Italy to prove tough for first 20 minutes before starting to give up some ground.
                                                                          Easy game

Comment

good shooting sir well done.
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

tempted to do €20 worth of 1c bets this weekend on +,- and HC draws on all teams, just to post one of these

Comment

tempted to do €20 worth of 1c bets this weekend on +,- and HC draws on all teams, just to post one of these

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=818
                                                                                Knew it was that guy before opened it grade a clown.

Comment

Best odds out there-france @ 5/4-ireland @ 10/11 first time we were the favs away to france that i can recall.
                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Ireland by 13+ at 11/2. If Ireland get a lead and hold it the Stade de France will turn against the French and Saint Andre. Ireland have been a lot more clinical at putting teams to the sword this year given the impact of the subs bench. The French bench is made up of 6 forwards, which says it all about their mentality.

Clearly this is France and they can buck the form whenever they feel like it but I think 11/2 is worth a punt.

Comment

Like the look of the underdogs on the handicaps in the early games tomorrow. Fully realise that England have to chase the game tomorrow but I've been impressed with Italy this year back in Rome they won't fall apart and if they do it won't be early. 200 tackles against Ireland took their tole but the Irish bench is the best in this tournament and best at exploiting the last 10 minutes.

Wales are confused and Gatland instead of realising it's his game plan has instead changed the lineup. Scotland have improved in the past two weeks and a win against Wales would make up for letting France slip last week. A fourteen point handicap is a steal.

Italy +11 HT
                                                                                      Italy +23 FT
                                                                                      Scotland +14 FT

In relation to Ireland I really do want to be bullish despite history. I'll be on them every way to Friday.

Comment

BOD 11/2 @ PP for MOTM. 3/1 or shorter everywhere else.
                                                                                        Looks to me like they setting up PR coup, I'd make it about 1/3 they refund BOD bets if he doesn't get it. Likely shot to nothing.

Comment

Cheers Hogg, might not have mattered but still.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                            Looks to me like they setting up PR coup, I'd make it about 1/3 they refund BOD bets if he doesn't get it. Likely shot to nothing.
                                                                                            winner alright. never got on myself as paddy don't lay me and i was busy punting horses but hope a few of ye got a few quid

Comment

g,wan the bod,wp sir
                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

winner alright. never got on myself as paddy don't lay me and i was busy punting horses but hope a few of ye got a few quid
                                                                                                Backed him last week and this week, but lol what fucking set up.

Comment

Backed him last week and this week, but lol what fucking set up.
                                                                                                  This week definitely, last week not so much

Comment

Glasgow 40-0 up at half time vs Zebre

Full Time HC is Glasgow -53.5 @ 10/11.

Snap

Comment

-50.5 available now too. Moar please

bullet #3 at -49.5

Comment

bullet #4 uncomfortably at -46.5

Comment

phew

Comment

Northampton face Saracens on saturday at 3 in the premiership final.
                                                                                                            Im a bit lost as to why Northampon are 8/5.
                                                                                                            Think its value.
                                                                                                            Saints won the challenge cup on friday against Bath coming good in the second half.
                                                                                                            Saracens got well and truly stuffed against a formidable Toulon team.

Psychologically it must be crushing for Saracens and they have some injury concerns to.
                                                                                                            23 -6 and a physical battering with one less day to recover than Northampton swings it to saints imo.
                                                                                                            Saracens did finish 9 points ahead in the regular season but momentum is with Northampton even if Hartley is missing.
                                                                                                            Pisi brothers George North and Foden back into form and Fotulaili excellent scrum half to come off the bench fancy them.

Mako Vunipola is considered doubtful with a knee injury possibly out for a couple of months and Farrell could be injured too.

Comment

Northampton face Saracens on saturday at 3 in the premiership final.
                                                                                                              Im a bit lost as to why Northampon are 8/5.
                                                                                                              Think its value.
                                                                                                              Saints won the challenge cup on friday against Bath coming good in the second half.
                                                                                                              Saracens got well and truly stuffed against a formidable Toulon team.

Psychologically it must be crushing for Saracens and they have some injury concerns to.
                                                                                                              23 -6 and a physical battering with one less day to recover than Northampton swings it to saints imo.
                                                                                                              Saracens did finish 9 points ahead in the regular season but momentum is with Northampton even if Hartley is missing.
                                                                                                              Pisi brothers George North and Foden back into form and Fotulaili excellent scrum half to come off the bench fancy them.

Mako Vunipola is considered doubtful with a knee injury possibly out for a couple of months and Farrell could be injured too.
                                                                                                              Totally agree, I'm on Northampton for a bit. Glasgow @5/2 to win or +6 in the handicap v Leinster are also pretty attractive given how well they are playing. Leinster have been dire of late and should have lost their semi final if Ulster had any bit of nous in attack. Glasgow won't be so wasteful.

Comment

Amusing MOTM mkt for Rabo final later.
                                                                                                                Betfair Sportsbook only one quoting. They go 1/2 Dricky and 16s bar.
                                                                                                                Probably about right!

Comment

Totally agree, I'm on Northampton for a bit. Glasgow @5/2 to win or +6 in the handicap v Leinster are also pretty attractive given how well they are playing. Leinster have been dire of late and should have lost their semi final if Ulster had any bit of nous in attack. Glasgow won't be so wasteful.
                                                                                                                  Going against both of you on the Aviva Final, reckon Saracens are at least 6 point favourites.

Amusing MOTM mkt for Rabo final later.
                                                                                                                  Betfair Sportsbook only one quoting. They go 1/2 Dricky and 16s bar.
                                                                                                                  Probably about right!
                                                                                                                  Buying money.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                                    Going against both of you on the Aviva Final, reckon Saracens are at least 6 point favourites.

Buying money.
                                                                                                                    Ah ya what if he gets injured O driscoll.
                                                                                                                    He has not been great of late and glad for him and his legacy he has called it a day.
                                                                                                                    Sick to death of seeing Amy everywhere now maybe she will fade.
                                                                                                                    Sick of Matt o Connors style of rugby and hope Glasgow get a win today be good for scottish rugby and the league as well.

Comment

Think Glasgow are the bet of the weekend straight and with handicap.

Comment

Ah ya what if he gets injured O driscoll.
                                                                                                                        He has not been great of late and glad for him and his legacy he has called it a day.
                                                                                                                        Sick to death of seeing Amy everywhere now maybe she will fade.
                                                                                                                        Sick of Matt o Connors style of rugby and hope Glasgow get a win today be good for scottish rugby and the league as well.
                                                                                                                        ye I'm really concerned about the health of Scottish Rugby too, I think once they don't lose by more than 6 i'll be happy for the Scots....

Comment

Hope not many bought to much of BOD man of the match at 1/2.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X