NFL Bettin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    If 55 put as much effort into thinking about his play as trying to run/motivate the defence team, he'd probably be the better for it although I dont think he has much choice with that silent coach.
    yeah he does do a lot of that in fairness I cant say anything because I was busy trying not to get run over

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      yeah he does do a lot of that in fairness I cant say anything because I was busy trying not to get run over
      Enjoyable all the same despite having to head off. Beer & hang sambos for next home game

Comment

Is there any match's on this weekend?

Comment

Lines are up

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            What are we backing though?

Comment

The hc line and price adjustment would suggest UL are certs.
              dunno if value is still there, but obv there are ppl in this thread who know a lot more than me.
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

UL and Trinity both covered their handicaps comfortably. Don't know the result of the third game.

Comment

Market back up.

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Rhinos defense is pretty solid but I still fancy the Rebels to cover the 7 point spread fairly easily

We should also cover the spread against Tullamore if we play any way decent at all

Comment

Rhinos defense is pretty solid but I still fancy the Rebels to cover the 7 point spread fairly easily

We should also cover the spread against Tullamore if we play any way decent at all
                      HC gone to 13 now, they must be watching

Comment

Last night I took Trojans -40.5, Rebels -10 & UCD -7.5 - all at 5/6.

Anyone else get their max stake reduced? Mine's been halved

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                          Last night I took Trojans -40.5, Rebels -10 & UCD -7.5 - all at 5/6.

Anyone else get their max stake reduced? Mine's been halved
                          I done mine in a shop yesterday morning and they offered half at -7 and the rest at the revised h'cap. They must have next to no turnover on these markets.

Comment

12 - 7 to the Rebels. Run good couldn't continue forever I guess!

Comment

Dunno if anyone took UCD today ( lol BK drinkaments)
                              but got this off twitter - game off?

Steven O'Rourke ‏ @steveohrourke
                              Disaster in Belfield as no ambulance has turned up. Game may not go ahead. #iafl
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                Dunno if anyone took UCD today ( lol BK drinkaments)
                                but got this off twitter - game off?

Steven O'Rourke ‏ @steveohrourke
                                Disaster in Belfield as no ambulance has turned up. Game may not go ahead. #iafl
                                Was over there earlier - started at 3.30pm

UCD a good 25pts (possibly more) up when I left with 15 mins left

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                  12 - 7 to the Rebels. Run good couldn't continue forever I guess!
                                  Very surprised by that one. That was my banker for the weekend. Rhinos were up 7-6 @ HT too.

Comment

I see UCD are playing Trinity on Friday (week), should be a good one.
                                    Last edited by NewApproach; 15-04-12, 19:07.

Comment

Trojans 51 Dragons 0

Knights 27 Cowboys 12

UCD 50 Tullamore 0

Comment

I actually lost some money this weekend but the blow was softened by us covering the spread against Tullamore. Really surprised the Rhinos did so well against the rebels.

Our game was nearly cancelled as the ambulance decided not to turn up but it got there eventually. We only gave up one first down the whole game so we are pretty happy. We were confident going in but didnt think we'd spank them by that much. We are playing UL next sunday which will be minus craic but Friday week we are playing Trinity in Trinity under lights at the pav with the winners going to the playoffs (most likely) so number 1 priority will not get hurt

Comment

Oh and Cheers to Dice for coming down today - always appreciate the support

Comment

Im not going to aftertime so i'll just do a report on our game - im a very happy camper though on all fronts.

just a quick question on other games

Tullamore forfeit at half time when losing 35-0. the spread was 41 so what happens there??

Cork beat the Rhinos 26-0. Massive shock and makes our win down in Cork look even more impressive.

Ok on to our game (bear in mind i am buzzing right now and also very biased). The pre game reviews had the spread set at UL -47.5. they are averaging 51 points per game and on average have only conceded 7. The first quarter probably justified that as they raced to a 30-0 lead. we were genuinely afraid of them and just sat back so they made complete bits of us.

Then something just clicked - we decided that if we don't go out and hit them they will just run over us. iv never seen such a transformation in a team. For the next 3 quarters we completely shell shocked them. just charging at them every chance we got. i couldnt believe it was working as they were starting to back down - its like every time they tried to run they were getting driven back. our offense starter to move the ball on them and we pulled the score back to 30-16 in the 4th quarter. in fairness to them they never stop coming at us either and eventually punched one in in the final minute to win the game 38-16. an argument could be made that the score doesn't reflect the game as it was a lot closer (we were picked off in the end zone to make it 30-22)

Fact of the matter is thats the first time in 2 years that UL have conceded that many points in a game and the first time in a regular season for the last 5 years game they havnt scored more than 40.

great performance all round by our lads and sets up our season decider with trinity next Friday very nicely

Comment

for anyone looking for a sweat on Friday Night

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/americ...e-3690695.html

Comment

BUMP Im gonna write out my picks now

Comment

I like some year long prop bets. I will share later.

Comment

Just done

Top Rusher : RUN DMC @ 18s
                                                    Top Receiver : Julio Jones @ 14s

E/w Double

Also

Top Receiver : Jimmy Graham @ 25s

E/w Double

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                      Just done

E/w Double

Also

E/w Double
                                                      So if you want a banker, back the unders on DMC's rushing yards on Monday night as he'll prob break his legs.

Comment

Tonights game:

Im taking NYG -3.5 against the cowboys. The dallas cowboys are the Dublin of the NFL world. They are largely over hyped and their extensive support shifts the lines constantly in their favour. The NYG have one of the best recieving corps in the game plus Eli manning is coming off the back of a superbowl win and people are still saying he lives in Peytons shadow. With peyton coming back to action I expect no amount of hunger from Eli.

Thats all opinion though look at the facts from last year (pre season is pointless since its mostly 2nd/3rd string)

The NYG have the 5th rated passing game in the league coming up against the 7th worst pass defence in the league. Thats scores right there - especially playing at home where it will be quiet enough to get the play calls off this is a big advantage. I wouldnt even be concerned that the NYG have the worst rushing attack in the league coming up against the 7th best rush defence because when you have nicks and cruz to throw the ball to who needs to run?

Romo is doing what he can with a limited Dallas team but I cant see them getting within 7 tonight.

Giants -3.5 for the sweat

Comment

Line is 4 on PP now. Giants back to regular season form, Cowboys for the win

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                            out ta fuck fanboy

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                              Just done

E/w Double

Also

E/w Double
                                                              Foster Jones double for me I think
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I like some year long prop bets. I will share later.
                                                                I thought I saw a season long bet LeSean McCoy -60.5 rushing yds v Michael Turner @ 5/6. Can't find it anywhere now. Raging. Really liked it though as Turner is wore down.

Comment

Tonights game:

Im taking NYG -3.5 against the cowboys. The dallas cowboys are the Dublin of the NFL world. They are largely over hyped and their extensive support shifts the lines constantly in their favour. The NYG have one of the best recieving corps in the game plus Eli manning is coming off the back of a superbowl win and people are still saying he lives in Peytons shadow. With peyton coming back to action I expect no amount of hunger from Eli.

Thats all opinion though look at the facts from last year (pre season is pointless since its mostly 2nd/3rd string)

The NYG have the 5th rated passing game in the league coming up against the 7th worst pass defence in the league. Thats scores right there - especially playing at home where it will be quiet enough to get the play calls off this is a big advantage. I wouldnt even be concerned that the NYG have the worst rushing attack in the league coming up against the 7th best rush defence because when you have nicks and cruz to throw the ball to who needs to run?

Romo is doing what he can with a limited Dallas team but I cant see them getting within 7 tonight.

Giants -3.5 for the sweat
                                                                  This is from last year right?

How can you possibly go on figures from last season? The Cowboys signed Brandon Carr to a long term contract worth in the region of $50 million. Thats a huge move in the secondary. They signed both Livings and Bernadeau for the offensive line. The Cowboys picked up a Defensive end, a cornerback, a safety and a linebacker with their first four picks in the draft.

They have DeMarco Murray back and ready to go, he posted ridic numbers while he was fit last season.

Meanwhile the Giants come into this season looking weak at the tight end position and in a whole world of pain in the defensive secondary due to a mountain of injuries.

I'm not advising a bet here but if I was it certainly would not be on the Giants.
                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I haven't dl'd todays ESPN Football Today podcast for Wed yet but pretty sure they were high on Cowboys to win this one for some reason. Cowboys win please so Eagles dont have to beat Giants on last game of regular season

Comment

bollox

Comment

I haven't dl'd todays ESPN Football Today podcast for Wed yet but pretty sure they were high on Cowboys to win this one for some reason. Cowboys win please so Eagles dont have to beat Giants on last game of regular season
                                                                        Was listening to the podcast on way to work this morning, they had Giants as Lock of the Week I'm good at this guessing results lark so far this year

Comment

I thought I saw a season long bet LeSean McCoy -60.5 rushing yds v Michael Turner @ 5/6. Can't find it anywhere now. Raging. Really liked it though as Turner is wore down.
                                                                          Turner will get a few tds but definitely low yardage this year. Falcons will be throwing ball a lot turner will be a goalline player
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                            Turner will get a few tds but definitely low yardage this year. Falcons will be throwing ball a lot turner will be a goalline player
                                                                            Rodgers will take a decent percentage of Turner's carries too. We've been working on our screen game which was non-existent the past few seasons. Nice to have a player in the Sproles mould on our roster.

Comment

I'd be lumping on a Houston Eagles beating the spread double to clear the credit card debt if I had the dollars!!

Comment

One bet I'm excited about today.

Julio Jones over 75.5 receiving yards v Chiefs @ 4/5

Chiefs are totally banged up and could be without up to four defensive starters. Sack machine OLB Tamba Hali is suspended. S Kendrick Lewis is out with a shoulder injury. CB Brandon Flowers is questionable and so is his backup Jalil Brown which means that there could be game time for a 3rd string CB.

I don't really need to say much about JJ. He's going to have a huge year and is unstoppable at the best of times. Oh and we've got a new offensive coordinator who loves the vertical passing attack. GL Kansas. 1/2 shot at best imo.

Comment

Two totals catching the eye are Jets Bills and Viks Jags. Both set at o/u 38 and can't see either games getting to that number.

Jets Bills especially, Bills have made some serious upgrades to their DL, Jets defence is quality and their offence is a joke (saying that as a jets fan, can't see us getting more than 4 wins this year).

And in the other you've Ponder, Gabbert, a banged up AP and a held out MJD (remember CJ2K opening game last year) so can't see th chains moving a huge amount.

Under double for me.

Comment

Rodgers will take a decent percentage of Turner's carries too. We've been working on our screen game which was non-existent the past few seasons. Nice to have a player in the Sproles mould on our roster.
                                                                                    This is one that caught my interest in the pre season. Jaquizz looks the part, do you see him taking over as starter at any point or is the talk of turner being burned out just nonsense?

Comment

Small interest bets () on Titans +4.5 @ 1.97 (pinny) and Eagles -8.5 @ 1.93 (betfair)

Comment

may as well start with Gameday Morning

Comment

The biggest mistake that happens in the first week in the NFL is that people take too much out of preseason games.

I'm loving a lot of stuff thats available right now, gotta go check on injuries and stuff first though.
                                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Apparently gonna be some serious weather in Tampa which should favour CAR's ground game. Already really liked the Panthers -2.5 but don't expect this number to be around near game time!

Comment

Originally posted by Juan Pablo View Post
                                                                                              This is one that caught my interest in the pre season. Jaquizz looks the part, do you see him taking over as starter at any point or is the talk of turner being burned out just nonsense?
                                                                                              Unfortunately I do believe Turner will regress this year. Leading the league in carries over the past few years has got to take a toll on your body. The evidence was there in the second half of last season where Turner rushed for just over an average of 50 yds per game. I really hope I'm wrong though

I can see Jacquizz & Burner sharing the load in order to take some mileage off Turner's legs and keep him fresh for later in the year. Furthermore, the fact that we're changing philosophy from a run-first to pass-first offense will increase Rodger's playing time. I doubt Jacquizz will take over as the main guy due to his small frame but can definitely see him being used similar to how the Saints use Sproles.

Comment

Week 1 is a mine field.

Comment

Philip Rivers over 22.5 pass completions @ 10/11

I expect SD will utilise their normal passing game plus a lot of short dump offs, screens and quick slants with Matthews out and Gaither missing off their OL. Oakland's pass rush is good so the ball better come out early. Essentially, SD rushing game will be reduced to quick passes and count as pass completions.

Comment

some tough picks this week, going for Baltimore -3.5 (Nap) Bears -3.5, Car/washington over 46.5 and Miami/colts over 43

Comment

Just bumping this up to the 1st page so I can find it again before the next set of games
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The wife's net life funds on all overs if he know how to gamble at alk
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Only small bets for interest but doing all as €10 singles and then one €2 accum as I have no idea about nfl

All of these with their spreads
                                                                                                          Cardinal
                                                                                                          Falcons
                                                                                                          Patriots
                                                                                                          Saints
                                                                                                          Dolphins

Might drop one and put in jaguars or lions for the 20% extra thing on pp not really sure hence why I am asking people who had an idea

hmmm just realised they are ALL away so I'm obviously wrong here haha
                                                                                                          Last edited by mdoug; 14-09-14, 15:13.
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

On the overs,
                                                                                                            Falcons overs,
                                                                                                            Falcons -11 . For the fun
                                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                              On the overs,
                                                                                                              Falcons overs,
                                                                                                              Falcons -11 . For the fun
                                                                                                              no bet but i'd be on the same
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Also have 30 on falcons to win both halves @6/4 which looks good
                                                                                                                Also 20 on them to be winning by 13-18 @5/1 at half time.. not looking so good!!!! Lol. -11 looking great though
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

9 mins left in the 3rd, entire 4th quarter and atlanta have 35 points and are 3/10 to break 40 points... This is lumpage!

On bet 365 in-play for anyone who wants it
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Get on giants under 21.5 points today, Eli loves to throw picks, his last game was his first in 8 without one. Despite there injury list the redskins offensive line is too strong for nys running game, contained sproles and McCoy last week.. in there own house Washington beats ny.

Comment

Originally posted by nflkid View Post
                                                                                                                      Get on giants under 21.5 points today, Eli loves to throw picks, his last game was his first in 8 without one. Despite there injury list the redskins offensive line is too strong for nys running game, contained sproles and McCoy last week.. in there own house Washington beats ny.
                                                                                                                      Despite this prob being a bot they still scored 34 or 37 pts on the skins last week. Their secondary is shit. the points line is about right I'd say.

Comment

I actually had a punt on the giants :/.
                                                                                                                        Don't have anywhere near as much on as the last few weeks so much less of a sweat but I have giants straight win, giants -3.0, tiny money -7.0 and went garcon as first td scorer as he is on my fantasy team

Oh and since they are 200/1 on pp for the super bowl and 160/1 on betfair I threw a tenner on that too... all aboard the giants train!
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          I actually had a punt on the giants :/.
                                                                                                                          Don't have anywhere near as much on as the last few weeks so much less of a sweat but I have giants straight win, giants -3.0, tiny money -7.0 and went garcon as first td scorer as he is on my fantasy team

Oh and since they are 200/1 on pp for the super bowl and 160/1 on betfair I threw a tenner on that too... all aboard the giants train!

mostly for SB pic but Eli did that miracle a couple of years ago so you never know

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X