• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bastards not letting you do a double on this market

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      ok might as well do this write up now as I have my loots on

Tullamore Phoenix (+11.5) @ West Dublin Rhinos (-11.5) 5/6

There is some value in this game and I have a medium sized bet on the Rhinos. As was discussed earlier the Rhinos QB sets the odds for these games and tbh he is playing down there chances a lot here. The rhinos are a decent team and Tullamore, while good enough to beat the dragons, are at least a 3 TD dog in this game. They couldnt get the ball back for 30 mins against the worst offense in the league and only managed to score when the Dragons got really tired. Im sure Ionpaul will confirm that his mate is playing down their odds here but even still I think the bet is value.

Belfast Trojans (-2.5) @ Craigavon Cowboys (+2.5)

I actually know very little about these teams - from the very little I do know this game is an absolute coinflip and I dont see any value betting either way but someone who knows more is welcome to chime in here

Dublin Rebels (-9.5) @ Trinity College (+9.5)

Bet of the week without doubt - taking the Rebels here. Like I said above Trinity are way too one dimensional. They have a very very good HB but the problem is their passing game is non existant. If the Rebels shut the run down like they did last year then Trinity will be in a lot of trouble. One concern is that the Rebels didnt score in the second half last week but it could have just been a case of job done lets try some stuff out. If I had to set a line it would be Rebels -18 so its worthy of a medium to large bet t current prices
      Agree with rebels obv. I've also heard the Rebels have a couple of veterans returning to the mix this year. Simon Mackey is an absolute beast. Wait till you see him in action BK. They also have one of the semi-pro lads back from Germany amongst others. Looks to me like they will be stronger this year.

I'm in the same situation as you on the game up North. Never played Craigavon and played Trojans once.

I've played the Rhinos countless times. They also inherited a few of my team's players when we ceased to exist. Some pretty good ones at that. Rhino's are a veteran team with the same faces year in year out - a real committed bunch of lads. Great on defense but struggle to get scores. First game of the season for them too which usually means a rusty performance. I hope they have a few new faces on offense that can get them going as I'd like to see them do well this year. I know nothing about Tullamore though but would be surprised if the Rhinos didn't win. No opinion on the spread though.

Comment

lol from -9.5 @ 5/6 to -14.5 @ 4/5 in the space of an hour.

Helloooo degens. The only way is up

Comment

May all your future patients have as much faith in you as we do judging by the movement in the hc line!
          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Any results?

Comment

Rhinos 38 Tullamore 0 - well called BK

Passed Rebels Trinners on the bus on the way home about 30 mins ago. No idea the score though. Should be over now.

Comment

The Rebels beat Trinity 52-16

This forum delivering butthurt to Paddy power

Comment

The Rebels beat Trinity 52-16

This forum delivering butthurt to Paddy power
                  Ship Ship. Never in doubt. Pity limited to small three figures. Biggest edge I've ever seen in a game.

Both teams covering the spread 2.5 times over. Lol pp. How long before they stop taking bets?

Edit: Rebels almost covering opening spread 4 times over.
                  Last edited by Lurker23; 11-03-12, 17:12.

Comment

As soon as they stop talking bets I will always be one of those lads that "beat the bookies into submission"

Comment

For future reference:

Other game

Trojans 31 Cowboys 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                        For future reference:

Other game

Trojans 31 Cowboys 10.
                        LOL the line on this one was 2.5 iirc

Comment

IAFL week 4

Unversity College Dublin(+6.5) @ Cork Admirals evens.

Taking UCD

Dont want to say too much because I know A_CE said he was a member of the cork team so my reasons are top secret covert shit . Take into account my opinion may be skewed because I play for UCD but this is my bet of the week. big time

Carrickfergus Knights (-20.5) @ Trinity College 4/5

They are trying to take away the edge by having higher lines this week. Im not sure if the Knights have enough to cover the spread but they will be reeling after we held them in their first game so maybe they will want to go out and prove a point. Again trinity gonna trinity and if their run gets shut down its goodnight Irene. Probably the closest of the 3 games but if you were interested in a sweat id have a small bet on the Knights.

Craigavon Cowboys (+28.5) @ UL VIkings 8/11

I dunno what to make of this one. My instincts tell me UL will cover the pread even though they only won the playoff last year by 14 points. The cowboys really struggled to stop the run last week and UL have the best O -line in the league so massive holes will open up. I guess it just comes down to if UL want to run up the score or not. Considering they didnt let up against trinity it definitely is a distinct possibility

Comment

I've taken UL for the max. Bet of the week imo. It looks like a huge line but it really isn't. I promised myself I'd smash anything under 5 tds.

Craigavon have to travel the length of the country and I do not think the playoff game is relevant after their showing last week. Very confident that they'll win by 40+ points. Oh and UL always run up the score. They are ruthless bastards who fight for every yard even when 30+ points up. Believe me, I know, I've been on the end of a good few of their drubbings.

No other bets for me but if I had to choose I'd take Cork -6.5 as they are a different animal at home v playing away. Best of luck though BK!

Other game, I think the line is slightly inflated due to the Trinity beatdowns against the two best teams in the country. Again, long bus ride for the Knights. I'd take the points with Trinity.

Comment

Line and odds after moving in two games.
                              LolCork (-4.5) 1.83
                              Trinners (+20.5) 1.90
                              UL (-30.5) 1.72
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

We beat cork 16-6. had probably my best game to date. Had 12 tackles 3 sacks 2 punt blocks and an interception. Il do a proper report later.

Also I heard trinity won 19-16 for anyone on that game

Comment

We beat cork 16-6. had probably my best game to date. Had 12 tackles 3 sacks 2 punt blocks and an interception. Il do a proper report later.

Beast. That's some production out of you. Congrats. Always nice to get the first W.

Comment

Vikings were up 24 at HT. Just waiting for confirmation of final score.

Comment

Nice win Tony. Didnt make it myself. Missed a hurling game too. Dieing.

Wp

Comment

I'm hearing Vikings 43 Cowboys 0

Comment

UCD @ Cork Admirals

I'll try and keep this report as impartial as possible but I have had a few beers so I apologies for any obvious bias and take into account this report is from my point of view ( I think I played every play - linebacker on defense, kickoff, kick return, punt, punt return and offensive line so I am absolutely shattered right now)

pre game cork were billed as the favorites and the spread was -6.5 in their favour which was understandable because they are a very tough team to beat at home (plus the league still refuses to take us seriously imho ). But we were going down today extremely confident. we had watched videos of cork and sussed out that if we could stop them running up the middle we would have a great chance of beating them (they were slow at running to the outside and their passing game was poor).

This game plan went out the window as we had a terrible start to the game on both sides of the ball - on offense we nearly got our QB killed and we fumbled on a short run - I actually managed to jump on the ball but what happens at the bottom of those fumble pile ons is better left unreported.....On defense we gave up a 40 yard run the first play of the game - after I though I had the RB our CB came in to finish the tackle but ended up knocking me off him and he ran for huge yards . despite all of this we pulled together and managed to keep cork scoreless for the first half but we were under severe pressure and not really making great headway on offense.

For some reason everything in the 2nd quarter changed. We managed to sack their QB a couple of times and we blocked 2 of their punts. Off one of those blocked punts we drove 20 yards down the field to get the opening touchdown. We converted the 2 point conversion to take an 8 point lead into half time.

The 3rd quarter was another disaster from our point of view - we mixed up our jobs on defense and they hit us with a 30 yard pass to bring the game back to 8-6 but we managed to stop the 2 pointer to stay in the lead. Cork were a bit indisiplined and a couple of important penalties and a QB sack on 4th down for loss of monster yardage gave us great field position. We busted in the run early in the 4th to take a 16-6 lead after another successful 2 point conversion.

With time running out cork were forced to throw on us a lot and tbf they picked up some great yardage. With less then 2 minutes left I dropped into coverage and managed to pick off a pass across the middle - the temptation was to run it back (or try to) but I just took a knee and we were able to run out the clock and pick up the win.

The way things are shaping up it looks like us and Trinity are going to have one whopper grudge match for the final playoff spot but next week we are playing away to the Rebels (last years shamrock bowl champs). Again no one gives us a chance but yet again we are going out to win ourselves some respect!! They are 2-0 so far this season so we are obviously massive underdogs again but hopefully we can cause another upset

Comment

Where and when is the game on vs the Rebels Tony? Might head along to see what the game is like

Comment

Was Dominic QB for Cork today Tony, do you know?

Great TR. Gutted I missed it. Better off I did now though.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                Where and when is the game on vs the Rebels Tony? Might head along to see what the game is like
                                                its on next Sunday in Santry - im not sure what time yet but I'll let you know

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                Was Dominic QB for Cork today Tony, do you know?

Great TR. Gutted I missed it. Better off I did now though.
                                                eh Im not sure what did he look like? height/weight are prob better descriptions than face/hair colour as its hard to tell with the helmets on

Comment

eh Im not sure what did he look like? height/weight are prob better descriptions than face/hair colour as its hard to tell with the helmets on
                                                  Very tall guy (6ftish) extremely broad.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
                                                    Very tall guy extremely broad.
                                                    yeah Im pretty sure its him so he seemed to be about 6'3/6'4. Has quick feet too

Comment

yeah Im pretty sure its him so he seemed to be about 6'3/6'4. Has quick feet too
                                                      Yeah thats him. Usual starter I just wasnt sure he was starting today

Comment

Anyone get paid yet?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

This game in Santry, is it American football?

If you let me know when its on I might head to it for the craic, I'm just around the corner.

Comment

Haven't got paid either yet.

Game is on at 1pm in sports link afaik.

Comment

I think our cash cow is being shipped off to the slaughter house

Comment

I think our cash cow is being shipped off to the slaughter house
                                                                  good while it lasted.

Comment

I guess they arent doing odds any more.....does that mean we won? In your face Paddy now pay me for the last game

These are previews for the weekends games - its written by a guy thats involved with Limerick so I'll just copy and paste here for anyone thats interested

Week 4 saw a clean sweep for the College teams in the IAFL. The first time all 3 University teams won on the same day. The IAFL South has a very new look as we move deeper into the season. The new format is beginning to throw up some interesting match-ups.

Cork Admirals @ Dublin Dragons
                                                                    Game 1 of Week 5 is an old rivalry revisited. The Cork Admirals travel to ALSAA in Santry to take on the Dublin Dragons. Both teams will be fighting for an early season win to steady the ship. Cork’s loss to UCD is their second home loss to the students in as many years. Strangely they have the 4th best D in the southern Division conceding only 36 points in 2 outings, one against the reigning champions, away! It is the offensive production that needs a jump start. An uncoverted TD in each of the opening games is not enough. It is still early days for the Admirals but Sunday has become a crunch game. A win would see them move off the bottom of the IAFL South. For the Dragons every game is critical. A win on Sunday could see them move up as high as 2nd in the Northern Divison. They have a lot to do to bounce back from the road loss to Tullamore. Cork travelled well to the Rebels in week 2 and Lucan’s exiles know they will need to bring their A game to Santry. Neither team has conceded huge scores, this could be a tight one. The first offence to get into gear will no doubt prevail. Cork have the slight edge here having registered points in both their games.

Belfast Trojons @ Dublin Rhinos
                                                                    Game 2 is an all Northern Division clash. A top of the table decider between the Belfast Trojans and the West Dublin Rhinos in Castleknock. Some ones 0 is gonna go OR we could have a draw! The Trojans take to the road again to face another Divisional rival in their second game. A result here for the Belfast boys would put them in the driving seat for the division – even this early in the season. Results away from home are always great, but in the new league format where you play your divisional rivals only once, inflicting home losses on them is huge. The Trojans bring their heavy running game to Dublin and with a big squad they have depth to win even the most physical of games. A 31 – 12 win at Craigavon was a solid start to the season. They will need to maintain this standard for away games. They face a trip to the Knights and round out their “away season” with a final week trip to the Dublin Rebels.
                                                                    For the Rhinos their second home game of the season will prove a tougher test than the visit of the debutantes from Tullamore. They will look to keep the offence scoring. This however will be all about the defences. The Rhinos are the only team not to concede any points this season. They will be the last team to concede points in 2012. A fitting tribute to the work they put in over the past number of years on that side of the ball. The big match up today will be up front for the Rhinos D. The Trojans O-line is one of the biggest in the League. They lead a power run game that can overwhelm any Defence on their day. The battle in the trenches will decide this game, with the added warning that the Trojans special teams outfit can break a dead-lock in a hurry. Results elsewhere have added value to the winner of this tie! Some serious breathing space to be gained at the head of the Northern Div. This could be a season maker and is my choice for game of the week.

UCD @ Dublin Rebels
                                                                    Fresh from last weeks long trip to Cork, UCD hit the road for a cross town match up with the Dublin Rebels. A creditable opener against the Knights and the win over the Admirals and the student’s season is up and running. Their brand of option football will create issues for rigid defenses. They have speed and ability. Their offence have put up 24 points in 2 games. Not a bad return this early in the season – even better when the Defence gives up a respectable 19 points in the same fixtures. The secondary may be the obvious strength of this defensive unit – but look too for the exceptional play of the UCD linebacker corps, who move to the football with blinding speed and in groups. It may be possible to block some of them – but when all of them flock to the ball on every play – it becomes an issue for the offensive linemen. They have a strong team spirit and can match any team in the League for intensity.
                                                                    Intensity, the bench mark for intensity was set in this league by the Dublin Rebels many years ago and they continue to raise that bar. Their season started slowly with a well worked win over Cork at home, followed by a comprehensive victory over TCD. They seem to be picking up momentum as they move into the season. An area of concern is the points that Cork and Trinity put on the board against the Rebels, UCD are capable of scoring in a hurry on all sides of the ball. No doubt defensive intensity will be the order of the day at Sportslink in Santry. A win for the Rebels will put them clear of the Vikings at the top of the IAFL Southern Division. A win for UCD would see them leapfrog the Rebels to go second in the Division.
                                                                    Smart money will be on the Champions, but there is a good reason for actually playing the games and no one would deny UCD their chance to strike a blow for underdogs everywhere. Sportslink is a spectator friendly place to watch a game. Halftime refreshments just a short walk away! Dublin fans are spoiled for choice this weekend – just remember to change your clocks on Saturday night!

Comment

I've been paid out as of this morning.

Comment

They've settled 20% of my bet. The rest is still pending...

Comment

Can someone explain why they haven't paid out in full yet?

Comment

I think I've copped why mine hasn't fully settled. I put some on online (settled). The outstanding bit was put on over the phone. If it's not settled later I will give them a call to see what the story is.

Comment

My UL bet was settled in full last night. All online.

We all knew the gravy train would be derailed sooner or later. It really is a shame as I believe we were yet to taste a loss in advised bets. Sad day.

Comment

odds are up

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/american-football

Comment

Review above says Cork@Dragons could be tight, neither teams concede big scores with maybe Cork having a slight edge. H'cap is 36.5 pts?

What time is your match on Sunday BK?
                                                                                  Is 12.30 right?

Comment

Who we backing BK?

Comment

Rebels -16.5 @ 4/5

On Rebels for the max. Rebels win by 30 or more 80+% of the time imo. Again, -16.5 is ridiculous value.

I'm sure BK won't agree with me obv as he believes UCD can pull off the upset and I'd fully expect him to think like that. The fact of the matter is that some of the players on the rebels have been playing ball since around the time BK started primary school. UL and Rebels play the game on a different level to all other teams in the league. They don't have many weaknesses and are stronger this year due to some veterans rejoining as I pointed out earlier in the thread.

I'll probably go down and watch the game so if anyone else is going let me know. BK what number are you so I can keep an eye out for you?

Other games:

Cork will win. Dragons will lose all their games. Line looks spot on. I'd lean Cork to cover but would never bet on it.

Trojans v Rhinos is gotw no doubt. I know lots about the Rhinos but nothing about the Trojans. On that basis I can't comment on this game.

Edit: Looks like I moved it to -18.5 @ 8/11. Still great value.

Comment

agree with Lurker the line looks spot on in the other 2 games

No opinion on our game

wearing number 52 btw

facebook page with details and directions to the game (kickoff 1pm)

http://www.facebook.com/events/407527935929553/

Comment

Hmm I have college in Dublin at 2.30, I might be able to see some of the first half as I'll be up there.

Comment

UCD have shipped a fractured wrist & a TD so far & cant get out of their own half
                                                                                            Edit 2 TDs
                                                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 25-03-12, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              UCD have shipped a fractured wrist & a TD so far & cant get out of their own half
                                                                                              Just spied you over the far side there, mon the rebels!

Comment

[Didn't leave in time to catch any of this. Score?

Comment

Was 22-0 there a few minutes ago but I went to grab a coffee. I'll post an update shortly.

Comment

28-0

Comment

Rhinos lost 24-20 to the Trojans

Comment

Never made it down as I didn't get out of the gym until 3:30pm. Anyone have the final score?

Other game: Cork 34 Dragons 2

Comment

Rebels 38 UCD 0

Comment

rebels beat us 34-0. To say it was a lesson is an understatement we got absolutely hammered on both sides of the ball. We needed to play well and for things to go right for us to stand a decent chance but we played shit and everything seemed to go wrong for us (a goaline stand that was ruled a TD, losing our centre so we fumble 3 times in a row - one in the endzone for a TD and I thought I had 2 fumbles but they were ruled down before the whistle)

No excuses though they simply overpowered us - my head is sore from getting constantly bullrushed and they were far better drilled than us

Comment

The first time you play the rebels is an eye opener for sure. Most of the starters would have at least 5 years experience and some have been playing as many as 15 years together. You just can't compete with that kind of experience, know-how and chemistry. They are the most professionally run team in the league imo.

Comment

When do the rebels play UL? Should be a game worth watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                                  The first time you play the rebels is an eye opener for sure. Most of the starters would have at least 5 years experience and some have been playing as many as 15 years together. You just can't compete with that kind of experience, know-how and chemistry. They are the most professionally run team in the league imo.
                                                                                                                  yeah but apart from all that they are just a better team with some exceptional players - on a couple of plays i got double teamed by Macken and Walsh - both guys with semi pro experience - you try to hold your ground but they are constantly breaking you down - each play hurts like hell

stats today sucked
                                                                                                                  5/6 tackles
                                                                                                                  2 fumble recoveries that didnt count
                                                                                                                  1 punt block
                                                                                                                  I never even got close to their QB. closest I got was about 5 yards but he just dumped it off - very frustrating

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                  When do the rebels play UL? Should be a game worth watching.
                                                                                                                  13th of May down in UL but they'll prob be playing again in the playoffs

Comment

I never even got close to their QB. closest I got was about 5 yards but he just dumped it off - very frustrating
                                                                                                                    I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. I'm pretty sure that they went a whole season without giving up a sack during one of the years they won the Shamrock Bowl. Amazing stat.

Comment

@BK - watched about 30mins today,

Who/what is your no. 55?

What role does the coach with the long hair have ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        @BK - watched about 30mins today,

Who/what is your no. 55?

What role does the coach with the long hair have ?
                                                                                                                        yeah I seen you there Ciaran thanks for the support sorry we didnt put up a better showing.

Our number 55 is the other Middle line backer I think why what did he do?

The long haired guy is our defensive co-ordinator it its the same lad im thinking of

Comment

yeah I seen you there Ciaran thanks for the support sorry we didnt put up a better showing.

Our number 55 is the other Middle line backer I think why what did he do?

The long haired guy is our defensive co-ordinator it its the same lad im thinking of
                                                                                                                          If 55 put as much effort into thinking about his play as trying to run/motivate the defence team, he'd probably be the better for it although I dont think he has much choice with that silent coach.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X