Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
    100k for the runner up. Bit on the low side, no?
    A long way from the 12k Taylor got for winning in 95

Comment

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
        A long way from the 12k Taylor got for winning in 95
        The tournament and it's exposure has come a long way too.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
          MVG price didnt shorten when he went 2 up.
          Wasn't watching the betting but obviously he would have shortened dramatically, I was just repeating what Mardel was saying in terms of the betting on Wright

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
            The tournament and it's exposure has come a long way too.
            Think the Lakeside first prize is 100k and runner up is like 25k or something

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              He's still a nutjob though, and could be damaging for the Premier League if he can't make one of the meetings for whatever reason.
              How's he ever going to be damaging to the premier league?? He was always good for darts, for a few years he was the man that everyone wanted to beat Taylor (outside of Barney , he is after lacking a fair bit in the last 2/3 years and what Kev said would make a lot of sense. He never real showed too much interest this year.

Comment

Think the Lakeside first prize is 100k and runner up is like 25k or something
                £100k and £35k

Losing Semi's get 15k and the Women's Champion gets 12k. Absolutely scandalous

Comment

£100k and £35k

On the dart board already

Comment

£100k and £35k

12k for a woman to win that 4 player event they have

Comment

Big difference this year. 16 player event with first 3 rounds best of 3 sets and final best of 5. 90% of matches will be complete horseshit

Comment

16 lovely ladies this year Walter.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          And none of them have lovely bottoms

Comment

Can't see past Deta Hedman this year. In the easiest half of the draw by far and 11 titles this year, so 9/4 is a far better bet than Dobromsloyva @ 5/2

As long as she's not still getting bottling lessons from Colin Lloyd, we'll be ok!

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                              Wasn't watching the betting but obviously he would have shortened dramatically, I was just repeating what Mardel was saying in terms of the betting on Wright
                              No thats the point, what Mardel was saying way right. Even though MVG went 2-0 up the markets didn't react.
                              Agree Mardel talks a lot of rubbish, its a tough sport to commentate on though.
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

No thats the point, what Mardel was saying way right. Even though MVG went 2-0 up the markets didn't react.
                                Agree Mardel talks a lot of rubbish, its a tough sport to commentate on though.
                                You sure? While I was pricking about trying to get a link that worked I missed the first set and a bit of the second. Was following what was happening on PP live betting and think I remember seeing MVG shortening to 1/6. Think he started at 2/9..? Was possibly a bit into the third set though when that happened

Comment

Can't see past Deta Hedman this year. In the easiest half of the draw by far and 11 titles this year, so 9/4 is a far better bet than Dobromsloyva @ 5/2

As long as she's not still getting bottling lessons from Colin Lloyd, we'll be ok!
                                  Just looking at the draw, seriously lobsided alright with Gulliver, Dobro and Lisa Ashton all on one side.

In the mans draw loving the way they shoehorned Kist and more importantly Wolfie into the qualifying round.
                                  "Recent world champions not in Top 24 of Invitational ranking". Its like something from The Simpsons.

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                    Mardel: "at the start of this match Peter Wright was 7/2, at 2-0 down he was still 7/2, just goes to show how impressed people are with Peter Wright"
                                    Fkn clown, nothing to do with the bookies not giving away too much
                                    That's not what he meant, although it did sound a bit confusing. I'm not sure exactly what he said but what he was trying to say was that Wright was the same price at the time [7/2], when 2 sets down at 6-4 as he was before the start of the contest. Pretty sure the markets did react to MVG winning the first 2 sets

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                      You sure? While I was pricking about trying to get a link that worked I missed the first set and a bit of the second. Was following what was happening on PP live betting and think I remember seeing MVG shortening to 1/6. Think he started at 2/9..? Was possibly a bit into the third set though when that happened

No not sure as i had nothing invested and wasn't looking but I've never seen one side move and the other side remain stagnant.
                                      twitter
                                      moneybookers

Comment

Just looking at the draw, seriously lobsided alright with Gulliver, Dobro and Lisa Ashton all on one side.
                                        Sherrock also in that half is 3rd favourite in the betting

In the mans draw loving the way they shoehorned Kist and more importantly Wolfie into the qualifying round.
                                        "Recent world champions not in Top 24 of Invitational ranking". Its like something from The Simpsons.
                                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_BD...onship#Men.27s
                                        They have won it 3 of the last 4 years tbf, and still need to get through the prelim rounds against 500/1 outsiders

Both got tough first round games if they get through. Wilson will bear Kist, and Adams got stung with Tony O Shea who he beat in the final 2 years ago, and who lost to Waites in the final last year

Comment

No not sure as i had nothing invested and wasn't looking but I've never seen one side move and the other side remain stagnant.
                                          Think the confusing part is that you said when MVG went 2-0 up. The markets did change when he went 2-0. Wright drifted big time from 7/2. Think you meant to say when he went 2 sets up (i.e 6-4)

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                            And none of them have lovely bottoms

Kevin Webster would disagree.
                                            SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              She's about 15 years to old for Webster's tastes

Comment

I've had a sizeable amount on Bunting for BDO glory at 5/2 ish

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  In fairness by Russian standards she is a minger, but by ladies darts standards she is a goddess.

Comment

So nice not to have the boring boring tables and Toure chanting crap

Comment

Champ out first round 3-0, great throwing Norris

Comment

Finkle's 'One Hunwed' announcer is back

Comment

Champ out first round 3-0, great throwing Norris
                                                          Just switched on hadn't seen anything yet. Fuck ya Kev!

Trina Gulliver gone aswel

No bother to her opponent taking out 147 in the 2nd last leg. Hate that bitch anyway!

Comment

Kolo, Kolo Kolo, Kolo Kolo, Kolo, Kolo Touré, Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya Yaya, Yaya, Yaya Touré!
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Let's go Wesley Harms.

Harms to beat Bunting in 1 semi, and Wilson to beat Dekker in the other semi imo

Comment

Never seen anyone run as bad in my life as Jennings. 4 treble 20s on the floor in 5 legs. I can't understand how 3 of them came out either!

Comment

Waites defeat (and Harms 1st round win) having a big effect on the odds already. I've backed Harms 14/1, Wilson 12/1, Adams 22/1, Dekker 50/1, Kist 25/1 and Geroge 125/1 and they are now 8/1, 8/1, 14/1, 33/1, 20/1, 80/1. Glad i got on early with my lucky bag

I actually though Alan Norris was someone else. Somehow thought he was Phil Nixon who came back from 6-0 down to 6-6 before losing 7-6 in the final to Adams.

I'm tilted already with the scoreboard for the darts. Taking off the score as they throw a dart is ridiculous. Just leave the score alone to all 3 darts have been thrown and the ref calls the score.

Comment

Mad market for this Razma premilinary. I smell a fix.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Mad market for this Razma premilinary. I smell a fix.
                                                                      Watching the Arsenal game, what's going on?

Comment

Watching the Arsenal game, what's going on?
                                                                        They backed this John Michael guy like defeat is out of the question. Went from 6/4 to 1/2 before the game.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                          They backed this John Michael guy like defeat is out of the question. Went from 6/4 to 1/2 before the game.
                                                                          Didn't work!

Comment

Michael Meaney from Carlow up next in the prelims

Comment

Didn't work!
                                                                              Yeah, decent quality match by BDO prelim standards though.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Waites defeat (and Harms 1st round win) having a big effect on the odds already. I've backed Harms 14/1, Wilson 12/1, Adams 22/1, Dekker 50/1, Kist 25/1 and Geroge 125/1 and they are now 8/1, 8/1, 14/1, 33/1, 20/1, 80/1. Glad i got on early with my lucky bag

I actually though Alan Norris was someone else. Somehow thought he was Phil Nixon who came back from 6-0 down to 6-6 before losing 7-6 in the final to Adams.

I'm tilted already with the scoreboard for the darts. Taking off the score as they throw a dart is ridiculous. Just leave the score alone to all 3 darts have been thrown and the ref calls the score.
                                                                                Only heard on BBC earlier that Nixon passed away during the year.

Comment

Have the darts on in the background and the lol wimmins. God i miss those 33 dart legs

In one leg, with 3 darts in hand she needs 124 so hits T20. What does she do with 64 left?? Yep, T20 to leave D2 and can't finish the job in 27 darts and her opponent takes forever to check out 118 and move 1 leg from the match

Comment

Have the darts on in the background and the lol wimmins. God i miss those 33 dart legs

In one leg, with 3 darts in hand she needs 124 so hits T20. What does she do with 64 left?? Yep, T20 to leave D2 and can't finish the job in 27 darts and her opponent takes forever to check out 118 and move 1 leg from the match
                                                                                    Just seen that also lol @ bbc with the camera on the player while throwing for doubles.

Comment

Let's go Wesley Harms.

Harms to beat Bunting in 1 semi, and Wilson to beat Dekker in the other semi imo
                                                                                      W.Harmsmain bet for me at 14/1, been knocking on the door for the last couple of years...
                                                                                      Thank god I got on pre-tourny. My other 2 interests Kist and Dekker have shortened from 25-16 & 50-22 without throwing a dart... Didn't get a chance to back them yesday, wasn't really worried about there odds changing because they weren't playing untill today...
                                                                                      In the words of White Goodman "f#@k you Chuck Norris"
                                                                                      "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post

W.Harmsmain bet for me at 14/1, been knocking on the door for the last couple of years...
                                                                                        Thank god I got on pre-tourny. My other 2 interests Kist and Dekker have shortened from 25-16 & 50-22 without throwing a dart... Didn't get a chance to back them yesday, wasn't really worried about there odds changing because they weren't playing untill today...
                                                                                        In the words of White Goodman "f#@k you Chuck Norris"
                                                                                        lol at the coverage on this on Setanta. Seems to be about 50 people there
                                                                                        Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                                                                                        Only heard on BBC earlier that Nixon passed away during the year.
                                                                                        im very surprised you dont know who alan norris is,anyway bunting{best player} or decker are the only 2 that can win this imo and if i had to pick one it wud be decker has more experience on that stage every game played in the last 3 or 4 years he got very close to winning,experience counts for alot more here than the PDCc stage,also Norris as an out side bet has a chanceB4 U BET EXPERIENCE IS EVERYTHING AT THE LAKESIDE

Comment

Dekker is fucking woeful and hasn't a prayer.
                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                            Dekker is fucking woeful and hasn't a prayer.
                                                                                            He won 3-0 this afternoon, dropping 2 legs i think, but he played woeful. Averaged something like 83 and even that flattered him because he disguised some shocking scores with a couple of 180s and higher scores, but overall his range was off and he wasn't even close to trebles at times. He only got away with it, because they guy he was playing just froze and played a terrible terrible game. Atkins and Harms avergaed 83 aswel, so if Dekker can up his game a bit, he should be at least able to get through the next round before the hard work starts. The highlight of the day was Fitton blowing it once again. Man, i hate that guy. Delighted!

Comment

The standard looking worse than ever this year.

O'Shea averaging 71 after 5 legs.
                                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Time to hit the bar O'Shea

Comment

I didn't think Bunting would be as short as 4/7 with PP to win 3-0 here? I think this is massive value tbh. Widmayer averaged something like 72 in his prelim win and Bunting should wipe the floor with him. He's the form man and the big favourite and is 1/25 with Skybet for the match

Also looking at Adams v Montgomery in the 2nd round. I backed Adams @ 22/1 because he was good value at that price. He's in to 7/1 3rd favourite now but i don't think he's 2/5 to beat Monty. He might lose, but i wasn't expecting him to be 11/5

Comment

omfg. I said i wouldn't bet on these games, but thought that was too good value to turn down. Fuck you Peter Griffin, just fuck you

Comment

C.Kist @ 7/4 tonight v J.Wilson looks attractive. Far from impressive in the prem. round i know, but with a game under his belt and with his experience he definitely justifies a punt at them odds imo....
                                                                                                      "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

This bollocks of splitting 10 and 18 and the likes with 2 double 4 or double 8 is tilting me something awful. It just doesn't happen in the PDC

Comment

This bollocks of splitting 10 and 18 and the likes with 2 double 4 or double 8 is tilting me something awful. It just doesn't happen in the PDC
                                                                                                          Don't mind his 2nd effort when the guy isn't on a finish, but splitting the 10 with your man on a 1 dart checkout is tilting. The whole BDO setup is just a joke

Waiting on stage after you lose, so that they can give you a send off
                                                                                                          The single dart scores coming off the scoreboard total when they are on a finish
                                                                                                          The beyond bad camera action that hasn't a clue where people are throwing
                                                                                                          The awful commentary
                                                                                                          Bobby George
                                                                                                          The 'One Hundwed' guy

and i'm too tilted after Bunting to even say anymore

Comment

Don't mind his 2nd effort when the guy isn't on a finish, but splitting the 10 with your man on a 1 dart checkout is tilting. The whole BDO setup is just a joke

Waiting on stage after you lose, so that they can give you a send off
                                                                                                            The single dart scores coming off the scoreboard total when they are on a finish
                                                                                                            The beyond bad camera action that hasn't a clue where people are throwing
                                                                                                            The awful commentary
                                                                                                            Bobby George
                                                                                                            The 'One Hundwed' guy

and i'm too tilted after Bunting to even say anymore
                                                                                                            Holy shit he drives me nuts.

One Hunwed. One Hunwed and Fawwwty.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Oh he tilted me beyond belief last year, I hadn't seen him this year but Kev reminded me he was still about.

Surely when your job is to announce scores to the crowd you actually have to be able to speak fucking properly.

Comment

Oh he tilted me beyond belief last year, I hadn't seen him this year but Kev reminded me he was still about.

Surely when your job is to announce scores to the crowd you actually have to be able to speak fucking properly.
                                                                                                                I'll give him one thing though, he's unbelievably quick at adding up the scores which probably overshadowed his inability to speak!

Comment

Say what you like about the one hunwed guy but he did give us one of the greatest sporting facial expressions ever

Darts, Fail, Player, misses, Board, Rune, David, vs, Wesley, Harms

Comment

The noise the dart makes when it hits the board is the most annoying thing for me. It is like the board is made of microphone.
                                                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Say what you like about the one hunwed guy but he did give us one of the greatest sporting facial expressions ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNDv78Ze-zQ
                                                                                                                      That's a different guy.

lolthebdo

Comment

That's a different guy.

lolthebdo
                                                                                                                        Had actually thought it might not be, one hunwed guy has more spiky hair I believe?

Still though any excuse to post that vid

Comment

Hoping this game between Wilson and Kist is a good one. Have both of them backed so just want to see them go head to toe and play good darts with Wilson to edge it

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X