• Time
  • Show
Clear All

4-0 in 24 mins

Comment

MVG, jesus....
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Lewis is giving him chance after chance.

Van Gerwen is getting outscored, just can't hit a double.
        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

He's a machine when he gets going but we all remember he did the same last year, a much easier opponent this time around though

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
            Will the MVG Lewis match be on straight after this or will they wait til 9.30. I've got to drive somewhere which will take me 40mins
            Hope you didn't miss it

Comment

Anyone know the prize money for winning and reaching final?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                £250k for winner and £100k for Rup

Finkel? Can you go around to Starvin Marvin's house and remove all his shoelaces pls!

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post

Winner £250,000
                  Runner-up £100,000
                  Semi-finalist £50,000
                  Quarter-finalist £25,000
                  Third round losers £15,000
                  Second round losers £10,000
                  First round losers £6,000
                  Preliminary round losers £3,500
                  Nine-dart finish £30,000 (£15,000 each so far)

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                    Winner £250,000
                    Runner-up £100,000
                    Semi-finalist £50,000
                    Quarter-finalist £25,000
                    Third round losers £15,000
                    Second round losers £10,000
                    First round losers £6,000
                    Preliminary round losers £3,500
                    Nine-dart finish £30,000 (£15,000 each so far)
                    I think I'll take up darts next year!

Comment

Decent payday for Wright so.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                        I think I'll take up darts next year!
                        Probably wouldn't be the worst thing to have a shot at as I think the money is way ahead of the actual talent at this moment - there's a lot of really terrible players around the 16-48 ranking but in a decades time there'll probably be a lot of more competent young players coming through.

(Ironically if its like snooker this will co-incide with a recession in the sport).

Binking the tour card would probably be the hardest part at the moment as its a bit of a lottery.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Probably wouldn't be the worst thing to have a shot at as I think the money is way ahead of the actual talent at this moment - there's a lot of really terrible players around the 16-48 ranking but in a decades time there'll probably be a lot of more competent young players coming through.

(Ironically if its like snooker this will co-incide with a recession in the sport).

Binking the tour card would probably be the hardest part at the moment as its a bit of a lottery.
                          Grinding out the floor tournaments would be pretty grim I reckon

Standard payout
                          1st - £10K
                          2nd - £5K
                          Semi Final - £2.5K
                          Quarter Final - 1.5K
                          Last 16 - £1K
                          Last 32 - £500
                          Last 64 - £250

Entry fee £100, and events have 128 or 256 entries

Vital to be doing this for ranking points and the separate ranking list for UK Open.

Obviously if you can get into the Premier League everything is rosy but I'd imagine life below that level to be pretty tough, especially for those on a downward slope. Losing a top 16 or top 32 ranking would be a disaster

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

Standard payout
                            1st - £10K
                            2nd - £5K
                            Semi Final - £2.5K
                            Quarter Final - 1.5K
                            Last 16 - £1K
                            Last 32 - £500
                            Last 64 - £250

Vital to be doing this for ranking points and the separate ranking list for UK Open.

Obviously if you can get into the Premier League everything is rosy but I'd imagine life below that level to be pretty tough, especially for those on a downward slope. Losing a top 16 or top 32 ranking would be a disaster
                            That's not bad compared to pool. You need to practice for years to get really good, that get all your expenses together to travel and play some of the main events in the UK, and chance Europe or the States, and shipping 2 or 3 of them probably won't even break you even for the season. Whatever people say about poker, most of us are capable of shipping a few grand in a tournament without being anywhere near the best player in it. To do it in pool, you need to beat some of the top ranked players in Europe and the World. Darts seems like a better option, although the likes of both sports and snooker seem like grim existences if you're borderline very good and can't catch a break

Comment

Standard payout
                              1st - £10K
                              2nd - £5K
                              Semi Final - £2.5K
                              Quarter Final - 1.5K
                              Last 16 - £1K
                              Last 32 - £500
                              Last 64 - £250

Agree it'd be pretty grim lifestyle so I suppose you'd need to be starting from a position where such a lifestyle would be an improvement, not to give up a job or college for it.

But honestly if the likes of The Pieman can presumably carve out enough financial reward from those floor tourneys to remain a Top 32 player then there has to be a gap.

I was thinking earlier that its a bit like online poker 2004 and a decent 200% ROI is probably sustainable (which admittedly would only be £400 profit given two floor tournmants a weekend).
                              Many of the existing players make mistakes which hammer their EV - they cant do basic counting and go for the wrong combos, and dart selection above 200 is poor. Lots of drinking and bad physical shape etc.

Put it this way, I think theres a lot more edge left in darts than there is in say snooker where even at the lowest rungs everyone can knock in centuries at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                That's not bad compared to pool. You need to practice for years to get really good, that get all your expenses together to travel and play some of the main events in the UK, and chance Europe or the States, and shipping 2 or 3 of them probably won't even break you even for the season. Whatever people say about poker, most of us are capable of shipping a few grand in a tournament without being anywhere near the best player in it. To do it in pool, you need to beat some of the top ranked players in Europe and the World. Darts seems like a better option, although the likes of both sports and snooker seem like grim existences if you're borderline very good and can't catch a break
                                ]
                                I would have taken it as a given that pool wouldnt be comparable with darts tbh

Comment

Finkel? Can you go around to Starvin Marvin's house and remove all his shoelaces pls!
                                  Still badly want to hurt someone, never myself though.
                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I would have taken it as a given that pool wouldnt be comparable with darts tbh
                                    I don't think it's a serious option unless you've got some raw talent and real commitment.Theres a guy who plays in Duleek and district darts league kieth Rooney who is a serious talent and went under Phil Taylor's Wing the same time as Adi Lewis and Taylor hailed him as a future world champ. He didn't show full commitment at the time and Taylor sent him home and look at Lewis now.This guy as beaten wade before and several others on the circuit but can't get his foot back in the top flight.
                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Little weary of backing too much in the final, but think MVG -3.5 @ Evs is the way to go. If MVG hits that scoring bubble, he'll mop up the sets he leads, and then Wright will be under enormous pressure to hold. Can't see Wright getting 4 sets in the match tbh

Not missed an overs bet on Wright averages all tournament, and going to go again on this one. Ladbrokes have the line @ over 97.5 @ 5/6. He's only failed to beat this line once all tournament. He turned in a 105 average against a very quick Player in Michael Smith, so it seems that MVGs pace will suit him. On the other hand, MVG puts in his 103 average against Lewis who plays the same speed as MVG. This included 8 ton + finishes which is going to be difficult to reproduce. He also seems to struggle against slower players.

Another factor is that if MVG is scoring well, then Wright could hit 140,140,140 in legs and not get a shot at a double, so he's not wasting any darts at doubles or setups. He could lose this game 7-0 and still produce over 100 average.

Ladbrokes have Wright to score the higher avergae of the 2 players 9/4. This is just too big. I'd have it 7/4 as Boyles do, but too much value in 9/4 not to back it also.

Was looking at the 180s handicap market but MVG is -5.5 so there still may be some value but not crazy about it. I did have a little bet on MVG +5.5 180s @ 11/10 with SportingBet. It's an error on their part, but just wondering how they'll settle it as 1/100 is a closer price. 11/10 for -5.5 isn't the worse price either.

MVG -3.5 sets @ Evs
                                      Wright average over 97.5 @ 5/6
                                      Wright better average than MVG @ 9/4

Comment

Also taking MVG win match/most 180s/highest checkout treble @ 11/10 with WH

Individually priced, they are 1/6, 2/9 and 8/13 so 13/10

The first 2 parts should be a gimme, and i feel in the final that MVG will just come alight with his checkouts and would be surprised to see him fall below his line of 136.5 with WH which i'd have @ 140.5 so taking some of that too. There should be 10 sets in this match, but there could be 13 so MVG will leave himself a ton of chances at beating that checkout and he'll go for the majority of them regardless if Wright is on a finish.

Wright has checkout out well in this tournament so far, bar the semi-final which is where MVG came alive and hit a 146 and 154 checkouts aswel as some other 3 dart finishes.

Comment

Also taking MVG win match/most 180s/highest checkout treble @ 11/10 with WH

Individually priced, they are 1/6, 2/9 and 8/13 so 13/10

The first 2 parts should be a gimme, and i feel in the final that MVG will just come alight with his checkouts and would be surprised to see him fall below his line of 136.5 with WH which i'd have @ 140.5 so taking some of that too. There should be 10 sets in this match, but there could be 13 so MVG will leave himself a ton of chances at beating that checkout and he'll go for the majority of them regardless if Wright is on a finish.

Wright has checkout out well in this tournament so far, bar the semi-final which is where MVG came alive and hit a 146 and 154 checkouts aswel as some other 3 dart finishes.

This is a 5/4 special on PP Tony

Comment

Even better again so

Comment

Comment

Im having a go on the 9 darter tonight 7/1 on 365

Comment

Arrrgh...link for darts anyone? Firstrow not working for me

edit : 9 darter 9-1 special on PP Percy

Comment

Arrrgh...link for darts anyone? Firstrow not working for me

Comment

With Wright first set and on the +3.5 cap. Being huge fav to win your first world title is gigantic pressure that you just don't know how he'll react.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

fml thats not working for me either.

Comment

Does anyone know anything about these guys stats on 9 dart finishes? I haven't a clue but 7/1 or 9/1 "special" on either of them doesn't seem anywhere close

Comment

Security settings perhaps ?

Comment

I'm watching here

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                Security settings perhaps ?

Thanks. I'm just getting server not found there..dunno why the conspicuos link wont work either. Got this one working so sorted anyway..http://dazsports.org/index.php/stream-1

Comment

Firstrow wouldn't work for me either today for Utd game, gave thelinks but nothi ng happening when I pressed on it.
                                                                  This could be a whitewash

Comment

Jesus, thought Wright had a good chance here, MVG is just sick
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      With Wright first set and on the +3.5 cap. Being huge fav to win your first world title is gigantic pressure that you just don't know how he'll react.
                                                                      I think when he bet the joint favourite and back to back champion 6-0 in the semis bottle was never going to be a question. Full snack box for me tonight

Comment

Ah no . . Mardle on commentary now. Readying myself for when Wright wins a set: "maybe. . .just maybe Van Gerwen will be thinking! Wright is now speeding up!"

f off

Comment

If I hear mardle say "well I'm not a gambling man" I think I will kill myself

Comment

If Wright could hit tops he'd be Wright back in it

Comment

Need Wright to hold his average but need MVG to take out a big 3 dart finish and ship this set. One time

Comment

MVG must be the most inconsistent player in this format in each individual game, , one set he's just unbelievable, averaging 106/107, next set 96/97 he's just like a whole knickers, not like a Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                                                  MVG must be the most inconsistent player in this format in each individual game, , one set he's just unbelievable, averaging 106/107, next set 96/97 he's just like a whole knickers, not like a Taylor
                                                                                  Nobody is like a Taylor

Comment

Peter Peter wright, peter wright peter wright Peter peter wright

Comment

Fk the handicap, more legs for MVG to hit the checkout. That D14 miss was like a dagger lol!

Comment

Yeah thought that was it myself tony

Comment

Mardel: "at the start of this match Peter Wright was 7/2, at 2-0 down he was still 7/2, just goes to show how impressed people are with Peter Wright"
                                                                                          Fkn clown, nothing to do with the bookies not giving away too much

Comment

Fucking poxy result for me. FML

Comment

Great game of darts, well played by Wright in making a game of it but MVG is sick.

Comment

Originally posted by theshortstack View Post
                                                                                                Great game of darts.
                                                                                                far from it tbh, it got a bit exciting when Snakebite got a few sets on the board but he was never going to beat him after been 4 down
                                                                                                Wright is a class act though

Comment

Fucking poxy result for me. FML
                                                                                                  Ironic really coz you were the one who always kept faith with MVG when he was plumbing the depths of 32-64 in the ranking list with the likes of Dennis Ovens and the PieMan.

Comment

far from it tbh, it got a bit exciting when Snakebite got a few sets on the board but he was never going to beat him after been 4 down
                                                                                                    Wright is a class act though
                                                                                                    Maybe not but he gave VG a sweet, which wasn't really expected at 4-0 when it could have been awful but the come bk made it some bit exciting. Should have said exciting rather than good but meh

Comment

Mardel: "at the start of this match Peter Wright was 7/2, at 2-0 down he was still 7/2, just goes to show how impressed people are with Peter Wright"
                                                                                                      Fkn clown, nothing to do with the bookies not giving away too much
                                                                                                      MVG price didnt shorten when he went 2 up.
                                                                                                      twitter
                                                                                                      moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        Ironic really coz you were the one who always kept faith with MVG when he was plumbing the depths of 32-64 in the ranking list with the likes of Dennis Ovens and the PieMan.
                                                                                                        Yeah i've backed him many years ago at 150/1 for the title and always knew he'd get there. I don't mind the result so much, but had a big treble on MVG win/180s/checkout and a single on the checkout and wrights 130 was enough to win. Wright's falter from a 99 average to 95 was my biggest loser of the night. MVG couldn't even win the -3.5 handicap ffs. Still had MVG backed @ 7/2 and Wright highest average of the tournament @ 25/1 but it was a sour end to the tournament for me. arghhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Glad to see no Wade or Hamilton in the Premier League

Comment

Glad to see no Wade or Hamilton in the Premier League
                                                                                                            Leaving Wade out is scandalous

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                              Should be in ahead of Newton. Thats's the only change i'd make, but still glad not to see the sour faced prick involved. Barney is too big a draw, but Huybrechts will replace him next year.

Comment

Should be in ahead of Newton. Thats's the only change i'd make, but still glad not to see the sour faced prick involved. Barney is too big a draw, but Huybrechts will replace him next year.
                                                                                                                Take out Taylor and Barney and Wade has won more majors than the rest combined.

Comment

Take out Taylor and Barney and Wade has won more majors than the rest combined.
                                                                                                                  He's still a nutjob though, and could be damaging for the Premier League if he can't make one of the meetings for whatever reason.

Comment

Hatchet job on Wade really - getting their revenge for some of his indescretions in 2013, and Barry tried to twist it that they are doing him a favour giving him a year off!

Comment

Rumour was he wanted to take a break. Doubt he was left out, more like he chose to be out

Comment

Rumour was he wanted to take a break. Doubt he was left out, more like he chose to be out
                                                                                                                        Would make more sense alright but I've a feeling 'they' just cut him.

Comment

100k for the runner up. Bit on the low side, no?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X