Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antrim won by 9 points happy days

Comment

2 bets for me today Tyrone -3 away to Louth @ evs.
      Limerick -1 away to Clare hopefully the gaa run good continues.

Comment

Donegal 1-7 Cork 0-6 Full Time

Cork fail to score for 30 minutes of the second half, absolute disgrace

Comment

Round 2 of the hurling league and the first prices are up on PP. I think in 2 matches they might have over reacted to the first round results, its still early in the season and teams havent become bad (or brilliant) after just one match.

Dublin 7/4 v Cork. Dublin at home, shocker against Galway first time out and will be looking for an improvement. 7/4 might be a bit too big here.
          Wexford 6/4 v Offaly. Wexford at home, again looking for a big improvment on a shocker first time out. Offaly missing the Coolderry contingent.

On the flipside, Galway @ 9/4 v Tipp, they are away but a good showing the first time out v Dublin even without the saviour JC

Another one to perhaps have a small bet on is Kerry @ 2/1 v Carlow. Kerry with home advantage and only lost by a couple away to Westmeath first time out.

Also no easy free money on KK this time out, only available @ 1/6 v Waterford.

Gonna try and get some team news first before deciding on bets.

Comment

Kildare -2 at home to Derry @11/10 with Boyles looks good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
              Round 2 of the hurling league and the first prices are up on PP. I think in 2 matches they might have over reacted to the first round results, its still early in the season and teams havent become bad (or brilliant) after just one match.

Dublin 7/4 v Cork. Dublin at home, shocker against Galway first time out and will be looking for an improvement. 7/4 might be a bit too big here.
              Wexford 6/4 v Offaly. Wexford at home, again looking for a big improvment on a shocker first time out. Offaly missing the Coolderry contingent.

On the flipside, Galway @ 9/4 v Tipp, they are away but a good showing the first time out v Dublin even without the saviour JC

Another one to perhaps have a small bet on is Kerry @ 2/1 v Carlow. Kerry with home advantage and only lost by a couple away to Westmeath first time out.

Also no easy free money on KK this time out, only available @ 1/6 v Waterford.

Gonna try and get some team news first before deciding on bets.
              Just on the Kerry only losing to Westmeath by a few, I was talking to a couple of lads who where at that match and they said Kerry where lucky to not get slaughtered . I think Westmeath had a lot of wide's and Kerry got 3 soft enough goals which put a gloss on the scoreline.Saying all that I hope Kerry do win.

Comment

Laois's team for the game against Cork has Padraig Clancy listed at FF despite him supposed to be missing for up to three weeks after doing a hamstring. No David Conway on the team despite the fact that he's supposed to be fit again.

Will it just be a straight replacement on the day with these two or does Clancy have a chance of lining out tomorrow?

Comment

Fancy Tipp to beat Galway thats just my opinion.

The lad who i usually listen to really fancies Wexford at 6/4.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

KK are going to annihilate Waterford on Sunday . Our team is all over the place injury wise and was talking to someone with inside info from the panel today and training is not going well with the new management not finding favour at all with the team. Example - the 'team talk' and tactics prior to the Cork match was "Ye beat these last year, just do the same stuff again".

-6 @ 10/11 looks good for lumpage unfortunately

Comment

KK are going to annihilate Waterford on Sunday . Our team is all over the place injury wise and was talking to someone with inside info from the panel today and training is not going well with the new management not finding favour at all with the team. Example - the 'team talk' and tactics prior to the Cork match was "Ye beat these last year, just do the same stuff again".

-6 @ 10/11 looks good for lumpage unfortunately
                      Heard same about Waterford alright. KK -6 @ 11/10 with WH. They maxed me at €60 though so you're unlikely to get all-in with them!

Comment

Hills 11/10 -6 but there's a potential arb with Bet365 so they laid me feck all.

Comment

Limerick -5 @ 10/11 v Laois also. Expect Limerick to bounce back with a big performance tomorrow.

Also see that Clare are 6/1 for Munster this year. With all of Waterford's woes I think this is worth a bet with a view to laying it off when Clare beat us to get to the Munster final. We are likely to be coming into the Clare match on the back of relegation from division 1A with Clare quite likely getting promotion.

Comment

Think the KK -6 is awesome value, my buddy has them 25/1 not to lose a game this year.

Comment

I'll also be going for the Kilkenny handicap (at evens now on PP).

My planned accumulator for the day: nothing too adventurous really....

Hurling

Limerick (at 2/9 vs Laois)

Kilkenny (at 1/6 vs Waterford)

Cork (at 8/13 vs Dublin)

Football

Kerry (at 1/3 vs Donegal)

The protestant football

Man Utd (at 2/7 vs West Brom)

Man City (at 4/6 vs Swansea)

Norwich (at 10/11 vs Wigan)

Any thoughts? Comes in at 12/1 on Paddy.

Kerry should be good despite Donegal's victory over Cork last week. Not too mad about Cork inn the hurling however.....
                              Last edited by loopers; 11-03-12, 12:56. Reason: Wrong odds

Comment

Originally posted by loopers View Post
                                I'll also be going for the Kilkenny handicap (at evens now on PP).

My planned accumulator for the day: nothing too adventurous really....

Hurling

Limerick (at 2/9 vs Laois)

Kilkenny (at 1/6 vs Waterford)

Cork (at 13/8 vs Dublin)
                                KK handicap is now -7 at evs though. Also Cork price above is incorrect, they are 8/13.

Comment

I got a phone call from one of the de la salle lads i know. He said avoid the handicap bet at all costs. This came from a prominent member of the panel. They half fancy themselves it seems.

I was going to jump on the handicap bet today. I still half fancy it but i cant really ignore the info either. Best avoided for me anyway.
                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Limerick -5 @ 10/11 v Laois also. Expect Limerick to bounce back with a big performance tomorrow.

Also see that Clare are 6/1 for Munster this year. With all of Waterford's woes I think this is worth a bet with a view to laying it off when Clare beat us to get to the Munster final. We are likely to be coming into the Clare match on the back of relegation from division 1A with Clare quite likely getting promotion.
                                    Really like the Clare bet/lay.
                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Longford @6/5 vs Sligo looks too big, as does the +4 for Wicklow vs Fermanagh, both with Ladbrokes.

Comment

KK handicap is now -7 at evs though.
                                        True there is value lost. I still fancied it though. In light of Tipp's comment, I'm less confident...

Also Cork price above is incorrect, they are 8/13.
                                        Correct, amended.

Also, I reckon I'll have to take Man U out, they're letting in far too many goals of late, and West Brom are on something of a heater.

Any thoughts on the Cork - Dublin game?

Cork have a good side, but Dublin need to bounce back from last week, they're obv aware another loss this week puts them in bad shape as regards knockouts..

Comment

Best place for the updates on the Kilkenny Waterford game?

Comment

Twitter is the best usually. Just search for "waterford kilkenny" and make sure you have "All" selected instead of "Top Tweets"

Comment

Kilkenny leading 1-08 to 1-07

Comment

Kilkenny up by 7 after 48 mins

Comment

Waterford 1-12 KK 2-18 54 mins gone

Comment

1-14 2-21. looking good.

Edit: full time 2-21 1-15. Ship

Comment

FT 1-15 2-21. Another good weekend gents.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                        FT 1-15 2-21. Another good weekend gents.
                                                        Best gambling thread on IPB atm.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                          AINEC.

By the time the Championship comes around though it will be time to step back imo.
                                                          Last edited by NewApproach; 11-03-12, 16:07.

Comment

Should've stuck to these... Man City ruined an otherwise on-course GAA accumulator.

Staying Irish with the bets from now on.

Comment

Just back from Waterford game. We should have been about 4 points up at HT, poor free taking and a soft goal costing us. KK obviously decided to start playing during the HT break and ran away with it in the end.

Cant see this year getting much better for Waterford I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                AINEC.

By the time the Championship comes around though it will be time to step back imo.
                                                                Certainly is.

Will be interesting to see KK handicap next out, they were very poor in the first half today and I can see Cody wanting them to put in a big improvement.

Comment

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Bet Winnings Waterford v Kilkenny - Kilkenny @ 2.50 (-8.0) (Win)

and all the margins up to that too lolz!
                                                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Longford @6/5 vs Sligo looks too big, as does the +4 for Wicklow vs Fermanagh, both with Ladbrokes.
                                                                    Hup

Comment

Kildare -2 at home to Derry @11/10 with Boyles looks good to me.
                                                                      good call on this one. the geezer seems to be getting them going at just the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                        good call on this one. the geezer seems to be getting them going at just the right time.
                                                                        It's just that he's picking better players now than he was before.

Comment

It's just that he's picking better players now than he was before.
                                                                          ye but tbh i like too see the youngsters getting a run out good to get a few games under the belt.

also would love to see him play smithy on the half forward line.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                            ye but tbh i like too see the youngsters getting a run out good to get a few games under the belt.

also would love to see him play smithy on the half forward line.
                                                                            Don't rate him tbh, has decent skills but has poor decision making. Very average.

Rob Kelly will be a big addition when he's fully fit IMO.

Comment

Don't rate him tbh, has decent skills but has poor decision making. Very average.

Rob Kelly will be a big addition when he's fully fit IMO.
                                                                              defo agree with you abt rob.
                                                                              if u could watch a re-run of the donegal match last year u would see it,hes great at picking up loose balls good reader of the game and when he gets the chance 9/10 are stuck in the bottom corner.

Comment

what should be a safe accumulator for the weekend:

Hurling: Tipp @ 1/8

Kilkenny -6 @ evens

Football: Tyrone @ 4/7

Kildare @ 2/7

Comes in about 3.5/1

....fuck the horsies.
                                                                                Last edited by loopers; 14-03-12, 17:02. Reason: odds

Comment

Think tipp are 2/1 vs Kerry tonight. Might be teeniest bit of value in it with Tipp underage succes of late. Kerry got the better of them at minor but still 2/1 might be at least a fair price.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Choo Choo! The Kilkenny train is at the station, all aboard please.

I like them @ -6 evs v Dublin. Game is Nowlan Park, KK actually had a v poor first half by their standards against Waterford, and I expect Cody to have them ready to come out firing in this one. Dublin have some injuries. KK just just dont lose in Nowlan Park and I can see them running up a big win here

Limerick are 8/15 v Wexford in Wexford Park. The Wexicans needed 3 late goals to beat Offaly (missing the Coolderry contingent) last Sunday, and after Limerick losing the opener to Clare they need to win here to stay in the promotion hunt. I think they will

Galway 11/10 v Cork is also worth a look. Cork are unbeaten but scraped home last week v Dublin. Galway ran Tipp close last time out, only negative factor is Cork with home advantage.

Finally Tipp are @ -7 (10/11) v Waterford. I'm afraid its hard for me to see anything but another heavy defeat for us this weekend. Although 8 points is a lot in any game, so gonna wait a bit.

For now I'm lumping on KK, getting some on Limerick and holding fire on the other 2 for a bit. Can see the KK line moving a bit as the weekend nears
                                                                                    Last edited by KevIRL; 14-03-12, 23:08.

Comment

Just seen the tyrone team there and they look even more appealin at 4/7 than they did yesterday. im actually excited about makin money this weekend as i dont see any of the followin losing:

Tyrone 4/7
                                                                                      Kildare 2/7
                                                                                      Crossmaglen 2/9
                                                                                      kilkenny 1/6
                                                                                      tipp 1/8

That lot payin better than 3/1..free weekend awaits us i hope

also could get greedy and try monaghon at 2/5 as weathmeath were awful last week v another ulster team Tyrone

Comment

Post from Boards on the Wicklow v Kerry division 2 hurling.

Some info on the Kerry / Wicklow Hurling game this weekend. Wicklow were 7/4 yesterday but have come in to 6/4 todays - here are the reasons there worh a punt.
                                                                                        There at home.
                                                                                        Kerry have dropped the 3 Boyle brothers from the panel for playing the foreign game on the Thursday before there Carlow game.
                                                                                        These 3 are starting fowards (mikey scored 3 goals @ westmeath and Padraig was on the christy Ring team of the year) and Kerry have been sturggling big time in the scoring department (they score very little points).
                                                                                        John Egan another def starter is out with a broken leg (has missed all the games so far but lessens the quality of the replacements)
                                                                                        Kerry hammered Wicklow in last years Christy Ring Final but they are still at full strenght where Kerry are missing 4 of the starting fowards from that game (icluding several others from the panel - Gary O Brien, Eamon Fitz etc
                                                                                        Wicklow have drawn there two openers againt Down and Derry
                                                                                        Its a good value bet for a full strenght Wicklow to beat a weakened Kerry

Comment

That news about the Boyles has been public domain for days, definitely factored in to prices by now.

I'll throw up some football picks tomoro in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Wexford -2 @ 11/10 in football is a good bet again this weekend. At home to Roscommon. Have averaged 22.75 points per game which is incredible even in div 3.
                                                                                            Have a Cross,Wexford,Dublin (F),Coolderry accumulator which I'm pretty confident on also. Was going to back Coolderry on the handicap, but rain given down for tomorrow so best not.
                                                                                            Fermanagh are 4/5 away to Waterford also..I know its a long trip (into the unknown aswell) for them, and Waterford have been doing ok, but that seems too good a price for the league leaders.
                                                                                            Staying away from the Cork v Kerry game as there will be a lot of managerial/tactical shadow-boxing, but Kerry -1 @ 11/8 does look tempting given the form from last week.
                                                                                            Last edited by ciarraithuaidh; 17-03-12, 06:22.
                                                                                            "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

I agree on fermanagh.
                                                                                              Chatting to one of their players, the togetherness and will to want to do well is very strong there. They literally only got together twice before jan ( lol at the GAA rule being adhered to) and were always going to be on the up from there
                                                                                              they are way too good for that division. For the first time in years, the best players in fermanagh are all available to play. For a county with only 8 senior clubs this is vital. Add to that an astute manager who is highly repected, I dont think your going to see them found wanting, especially not in this league.

Garrycastle rely on winning low scoring games. I wouldnt fancy them as much to overcome large numbers on the board, but this is something Cross are very capable of. Also if Dessie is quietened then GarryC will be without their best and most influential player. To date he has been too good to be man marked, but when you see the job done on Gooch in the Semis the cross boys really have the ability to close out a few players. With them they have numerous others to step up to the plate that its so hard.

Finals are tight and cagey, but dont be surprised to see Cross walk away with this one. Id love to see the underdog come good, but honestly cant see it.
                                                                                              Also, even as a neutral, take some time out to watch this game. In Clarke Cross really possess a quality player. Not cut from the same cloth as most armagh footballers he really is a pleasure to watch
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Agree re:Fermanagh/Waterford as well. Waterford have the O'Gormans back playing for them again which is a big boost for the year ahead but they're missing Shane Briggs for this game which is a loss.

In Barry Owens at full back and Ryan McCluskey at CHB Fermanagh are probably the only team in the division with a back capable of dealing with Gary Hurney whichever line he's deployed in, and accounting for him will put a huge dent in Waterford's chances.

Fermanagh to get the job done here by 3+ IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                  Wexford -2 @ 11/10 in football is a good bet again this weekend. At home to Roscommon. Have averaged 22.75 points per game which is incredible even in div 3.
                                                                                                  Karol Mannion and Cathal Cregg back for the Rossies are a significant boost, but the continued non-selection of Senan Kilbride is weird and an obvious problem while the fact that Donie has had to be dropped due to poor form is a disaster. Peter Domican is a loss from the backs as well.

Roscommon got over Antrim last week comfortably enough but didn't score very heavily at all (1-10) and kicked 12 wides. It says a lot that David Keenan has been possibly their best forward in the league since he's probably at his best at wing back. With Donie and Kilbride up front they'll find it very tough to score enough to trouble a Wexford team that as you rightly point out have scored very heavily thus far.

Colm Morris is back for Wexford since the game against Offaly. He is a really underrated player who was super effective for them last year being named in the forwards but dropping back to play a sweeper role, his presence will be a big help in shoring up a defence that has been conceding a worrying amount of goals.

I'm not sure if 4/7 is much value. I think I just about like Wexford to cover the 2pt spread, so the 5/4 about that with VC and Boyles may be the way to go. Will probably have a nibble of that.

Comment

Karol Mannion and Cathal Cregg back for the Rossies are a significant boost, but the continued non-selection of Senan Kilbride is weird and an obvious problem while the fact that Donie has had to be dropped due to poor form is a disaster. Peter Domican is a loss from the backs as well.

Roscommon got over Antrim last week comfortably enough but didn't score very heavily at all (1-10) and kicked 12 wides. It says a lot that David Keenan has been possibly their best forward in the league since he's probably at his best at wing back. With Donie and Kilbride up front they'll find it very tough to score enough to trouble a Wexford team that as you rightly point out have scored very heavily thus far.

Colm Morris is back for Wexford since the game against Offaly. He is a really underrated player who was super effective for them last year being named in the forwards but dropping back to play a sweeper role, his presence will be a big help in shoring up a defence that has been conceding a worrying amount of goals.

I'm not sure if 4/7 is much value. I think I just about like Wexford to cover the 2pt spread, so the 5/4 about that with VC and Boyles may be the way to go. Will probably have a nibble of that.
                                                                                                    5/4?? Jeez, judging by some of the GAA pricing I've seen from VC I'm going to have to open an account with them. Hill's used to be a little like that before, but they are very conservative on most GAA markets these days.
                                                                                                    What about matters closer to home in Cork on Sunday keano, how do you see it going?

Comment

5/4?? Jeez, judging by some of the GAA pricing I've seen from VC I'm going to have to open an account with them. Hill's used to be a little like that before, but they are very conservative on most GAA markets these days.
                                                                                                      What about matters closer to home in Cork on Sunday keano, how do you see it going?
                                                                                                      Yeah the value in betting GAA is unreal if you take the simple approach of just having money on as many sites as possible. On literally 99% of games you'll have at least one book significantly off with their line compared to the the others, obv after that all you need is the knowledge to decide which side is off and you're guaranteed a value bet. EZ game! Agree re:Hills that they've tightened up a bit from when they were the bookie who was way off like half the time but still find I'm betting with them plenty of the time.

On the phone now, I'll switch over to the laptop and get back to you about the big one tomorrow.

Comment

Shields is a loss for Cork obviously, Cadogan is good enough to start as well but is kept off I guess because he's splitting his time between the footballers and hurlers, so their FB line isn't as good as it might be.

Up front Kerry are only missing Cooper in real terms, i.e. the rest of the personnel might be slightly tweaked come championship time but the quality won't go up significantly with Donnacha Walsh or Kieran O'Leary instead of the two CFs named for tomorrow. It will be a big test for BJK and Curtin alright though.

Aidan O'Mahony coming into FB is a bit of a worry. I don't know if he's up to marking Aidan Walsh in terms of either mobility or fielding so that's definitely an area of concern. Walsh has the potential to do damage at FF but it remains to be seen if he has the nous to go along with the ball winning potential he definitely has. Around him is a very talented forward line to feed off him. Colm O'Neill will be a particular danger. I'd have my doubts about a FB line of Marc, AOM and Young against weaker FF lines than this.

The one major issue in Kerry's favour is midfield. In the last bunch of years we've always had Cork's measure when we're attacking, and always coped well enough with their slow buildup play at the back. The fact that they've managed to come so close to us so often has been down to the fact that they've completely wiped us out at midfield. In last year's Munster final Sheehan and Maher showed in the first half their potential to end that state of affairs, and while Cork did do a number on them in the second half of that game Sheehan and Maher have really developed impressively over the last twelve months to the point that I think they're certainly capable of at a minimum breaking even especially with a Cork midfield that includes the loloverrated Pearse O'Neill.

If Cork had played Walsh and Alan O'Connor at midfield with Donnacha O'Connor FF I'd be quite bullish about Kerry's chances as I think we'd break even at midfield, have the edge up front and cope fine with Cork's usual slow and steady build up, but Cork's new found potential for long fast ball with Walsh inside is really a wild card. They have the forwards to seriously benefit from a direct supply of ball, again it's down to how much they'll use the option, how good Walsh will be at winning the ball played to him and crucially how good he'll be at distributing it once he has it.

At the end of all that I'm pretty much struggling to separate the two teams at all. If I had to place a bet I think Cork @5/4 with WH is too big, but I think I'll just be sitting back and enjoying the spectacle!

Comment

Im getting on Brian Carroll to score over 1.5 points in the all ireland club final at 5/6.... Generous given he's an established inter county forward who is well used to big occasions in Croker etc

Comment

Clare, Tipperary and Kilkenny treble pays .58/1 with William Hill. Value imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Phelan View Post
                                                                                                              Im getting on Brian Carroll to score over 1.5 points in the all ireland club final at 5/6.... Generous given he's an established inter county forward who is well used to big occasions in Croker etc
                                                                                                              Shipped after 13 mins... Absolute gift

Comment

Wexford concede a goal when five up last kick of the game to win by 2, drawing the HC. Irritating enough!

Comment

Galway get a goal in the last minute. Sickened.

Comment

KK 6 points down to Dublin in Nowlan Park.

Lord Bejaysus.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Wexford concede a goal when five up last kick of the game to win by 2, drawing the HC. Irritating enough!
                                                                                                                      Vomit. Dubs beaten by Down aswell which I didn't see coming. Fermanagh shipped the win by 4 as we thought. Didn't want to say it and jinx us but the Kerry -1 for today was the value I thought it was. Could have won by more really and didn't get out of second gear after half time.

Comment

Choo Choo! The Kilkenny train is at the station, all aboard please.

I like them @ -6 evs v Dublin. Game is Nowlan Park, KK actually had a v poor first half by their standards against Waterford, and I expect Cody to have them ready to come out firing in this one. Dublin have some injuries. KK just just dont lose in Nowlan Park and I can see them running up a big win here

Limerick are 8/15 v Wexford in Wexford Park. The Wexicans needed 3 late goals to beat Offaly (missing the Coolderry contingent) last Sunday, and after Limerick losing the opener to Clare they need to win here to stay in the promotion hunt. I think they will

Galway 11/10 v Cork is also worth a look. Cork are unbeaten but scraped home last week v Dublin. Galway ran Tipp close last time out, only negative factor is Cork with home advantage.

Finally Tipp are @ -7 (10/11) v Waterford. I'm afraid its hard for me to see anything but another heavy defeat for us this weekend. Although 8 points is a lot in any game, so gonna wait a bit.

For now I'm lumping on KK, getting some on Limerick and holding fire on the other 2 for a bit. Can see the KK line moving a bit as the weekend nears
                                                                                                                        3 out of 4 aint bad. Was in KK today and went along to Nowlan Park for the KK-Dublin game. Was very surprised at a shocking KK performance by their standards, although shouldnt take a lot from Dublin, they were v good and deserved to win, will feel very unlucky not to.

Dublin are in a false position league wise with 3 defeats, could mean there is some value in their prices later in the year though. I wonder when the last time KK leat in 6 goals in a game was? Then the last time they conceeded 6 majors in Nowlan Park?

It should be said that its a testimony to KK's never say die attitude that they really didnt panic when other teams might have, kept tagging on the points and then got the late goals.

Absolutely cracking game

Comment

Clare, Tipperary and Kilkenny treble pays .58/1 with William Hill. Value imo.
                                                                                                                          Never in doubt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X