Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Well hello.

A favourable series of events.
    And of course having Been on the lap top for two hours got called away by a crying child and missed your Friday flyer!

One day you're eating the grapes, the next day your shitting the pips.

Comment

Now, where to put the money saved on one of my famous* Friday Night Fancies at Dundalk? The pin sticks on Stronger Than Me in the 7.30.

11\2 taken.

* in the sense that none of them have won yet
      Given the circumstances, it would be truly insane not to play this one up.

Aurellia @6\1 in the next although I could probably outrun most of these myself.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Back to form.

All the remaining winnings lumped on Black Label in the last @ 9\2 for an early Xmas.

Comment

Spirit of Paris and Asian wing EW singles and double to erase maiden no more Cadland lad from my memory

Comment

Back to form.

All the remaining winnings lumped on Black Label in the last @ 9\2 for an early Xmas.
            Oi oi! Pissed in despite being parked five wide all the way.

Woof! And a drift to 11\2 to boot! Woof!

Comment

You're on fire, any developments on the Cheltenham jolly may have to choose between it and Lingfield on good Friday.

Comment

I feel like I'm missing a trick in Dundalk. Just cannot pick a winner bar the odd pin sticker there
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                  You're on fire, any developments on the Cheltenham jolly may have to choose between it and Lingfield on good Friday.
                  The research is ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                    Was looking at the Champion chase market there with the news Sprinter is retired.

Douvan obv very short but quite a few others next in betting are very unlikely to run there.(UDS/VVM/Black herc). The 25/1 about Ar Mad looks quite appealing, hes fav for Tingle creek at moment and a horse i really liked last year.
                    I think there is a possible issue with Ar Mad going left handed. I like Sizing John at 33/1 who was 4 lenths clear of Fox Norton in last seasons Arkle with that horse being the current second favourite.

You are onto something with the ante post angle as the markets for the four championship events being dominated by the same horses, who have question marks over what route they are going and who even have question marks over where there next race will be.

In a related matter I think WP Mullins needs to take off that set of blinkers he has on as he seems determined to turn Nichols Canyon into a World Hurdle horse when he is clearly an out and out 2 miler.

What makes it all the more puzzling is that he trains Shaneshill for the same owners who is an out and out staying hurdler.

Comment

Paudi the Punter is fancied by connections in Wexford 3.00 fwiw

Comment

How did Southwell get abandoned today?

Comment

How did Southwell get abandoned today?
                          Storm Angus

Comment

For those who haven't seen it:

Lovely little film!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                              Anyone know of a horse called Boughans star (spelling?), supposed to be running this weekend in Ireland

Bit of a horrible story attached to it but was asked to find out about it

thanks
                              Runs in 310 thurles tomorrow. I'll see what I can find out in morning

Comment

Apples jade is my weekend plunge in Newcastle, fighting fifth hurdle.

Also, what's the word on Annie power? Hearing she is retired
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                  Runs in 310 thurles tomorrow. I'll see what I can find out in morning
                                  Not much joy I'm afraid. Elliott will be disappointed if it doesn't run into the money (I'd never be confident when I hear that).

Accordian Twilight is fancied by the yard, was well backed over night but is now drifting + small yards often fancy theirs without success.

TL/DR I haven't a clue

Comment

fancy mossy island myself there

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                      Not much joy I'm afraid. Elliott will be disappointed if it doesn't run into the money (I'd never be confident when I hear that).

Accordian Twilight is fancied by the yard, was well backed over night but is now drifting + small yards often fancy theirs without success.

TL/DR I haven't a clue
                                      Braughton Star 2nd

Comment

Bobo Mac is one I've had in my notebook since an eyecatching run over C&D in March, might still be a small bit of value at 11 on the machine and Codd up
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Auspicion, 1530 Newc tomorrow, similar profile to Charles Molson, Good sectionals havin met trouble in running twice. The early Ew thieves were out and snapped up the 12/1.

Comment

Auspicion, 1530 Newc tomorrow, similar profile to Charles Molson, Good sectionals havin met trouble in running twice. The early Ew thieves were out and snapped up the 12/1.
                                            Got fairly hammered alright

Comment

Thought I had spotted a sneaky one last night but those pesky stewards had to go and ruin it . First time I've seen the excuse of the jockey cramping up.

SPOILER
                                              Race 7 - 3:40pm
                                              THE BETWAY HANDICAP STAKES (CLASS 4)

The Stewards held an enquiry into the running and riding of BUNBURY, placed fourth, ridden by Stephen Cummins and trained by Richard Hughes, which appeared to be tenderly ridden in the latter stages of the race to finish fourth, beaten 3 ¼ lengths, a short head and a nose for second. They interviewed the rider and the trainer’s representative. They also received a report from the Veterinary Officer who confirmed that the gelding was post-race normal during routine testing. The rider stated his instructions were to jump out and to settle the gelding in mid division as it had run freely in previous races then ask for an effort 4 furlongs out under hands and heels as the gelding does not run for the whip. He further added that having slotted in from a wide draw BUNBURY settled well and he was pleased with the way the gelding picked up around the final bend. However, he began to cramp up about 1 ½ furlongs out and was unable to ride out fully to the line. The trainer’s representative confirmed the instructions and was satisfied that Cummins rode to them, but acknowledged that he may not be fully race fit due to inexperience and could have been stronger in the final stages of the race. Having heard their evidence and viewed recordings of the race the Stewards found the rider in breach of Rule (B)59.4 and guilty of failing to take all reasonable and permissible measures to obtain the best possible placing. They suspended him for 10 days as follows: Wednesday 7 to Saturday 10 December and Monday 12 to Saturday 17 December 2016.
                                              Last edited by horatio1; 24-11-16, 21:16.

Comment

After my incredible recent* success with my Friday Night Fancies, the pin has stuck on Polly Douglas in the 9pm @ 7\1.

*'only'

Comment

Yad miss the gold in them sands tips.

Comment

After my incredible recent* success with my Friday Night Fancies, the pin has stuck on Polly Douglas in the 9pm @ 7\1.

*'only'
                                                    Im following.

And Rochdale in the 8pm.

Double and singles.

Comment

n the last 14 days Bridget Andrews has been on 12 Skelton horses. 3 didn't finish but of the other 9, 5 came 1st or 2nd.

She is going to Doncaster for 2 rides tomorrow over a very useful type in Get On The Yager who is odds on at Newcastle.

Her rides are

Applesandpierres who bolted up on debut and then bombed when fav. - around 15/2
                                                      Cobra De Mai who is bottom weight and the same 120 mark as when 4th at Chepstow last month. He beat El Terremento home that day (getting 7lb) who has won 2 on the bounce since - around 7/1

Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them go close

Comment

*'only'
                                                        I really hope people take these tips in the spirit in which they are given.

Horse clearly burdened by the weight of the Duke millions, beaten after a furlong.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          n the last 14 days Bridget Andrews has been on 12 Skelton horses. 3 didn't finish but of the other 9, 5 came 1st or 2nd.

She is going to Doncaster for 2 rides tomorrow over a very useful type in Get On The Yager who is odds on at Newcastle.

Her rides are

Applesandpierres who bolted up on debut and then bombed when fav. - around 15/2
                                                          Cobra De Mai who is bottom weight and the same 120 mark as when 4th at Chepstow last month. He beat El Terremento home that day (getting 7lb) who has won 2 on the bounce since - around 7/1

Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them go close
                                                          She mightn't be the worst jockey riding tomorrow but shes definitely Top 3. Those horses won despite her not because of her.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                            She mightn't be the worst jockey riding tomorrow but shes definitely Top 3. Those horses won despite her not because of her.
                                                            Wouldn't agree with that at all. I've looked through the cards and I'm fairly sure she is the worst jockey riding anywhere

Comment

One to watch

Watched Power Grids run in Fundalk tonite a couple of times and have never seen a jockey run up the arse of more horses than Halpin did tonite.
                                                              Feane is a trainer to watch and horse must be getting ready for the Christmas money.
                                                              Last edited by balfejohn; 26-11-16, 09:49. Reason: Wrong details entered originally

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                Watched Power Grids run in Fundalk tonite a couple of times and have never seen a jockey run up the arse of more horses than Hoban did tonite.
                                                                Oliver is a trainer to watch and horse must be getting ready for the Christmas money.
                                                                Gary halpin rode and Johnny feane trains.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                  Gary halpin rode and Johnny feane trains.
                                                                  Sorry about the wrong info, was also looking at a few of Olivers horse during the reruns.

Comment

Going some mad pace in the Hennessy. Surely sets it up for the boat types.

Comment

Someone mentioned the Crawley horse in the bumper at Navan to me. Forgot to check earlier and see its into 14s from 50s so will leave it alone now vs a Mullins & two Elliott runners but shall watch with interest...

Comment

G Elliot runs amok at Navan. Empire of Dirt just covered my Christmas expenses. Some days are diamonds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                          Someone mentioned the Crawley horse in the bumper at Navan to me. Forgot to check earlier and see its into 14s from 50s so will leave it alone now vs a Mullins & two Elliott runners but shall watch with interest...
                                                                          He looked a winner late on just faded for 3rd
                                                                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                            Yad miss the gold in them sands tips.
                                                                            Just to back this up.

Royal Roslea @ 10\1 is this week's Friday Night Fancy in the 9pm.

Comment

Back in form tbf.

Comment

UDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILER

Comment

Dynaste @ 5/2 just feels like free money

Comment

Where did you get 5/2??

Comment

Hasnt won in two and 1/2 years. Aerial in the same race is a lot more interesting I think.
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                        Where did you get 5/2??
                                                                                        Paddys last night

Comment

shocking run

Comment

Milburn Jack in the first at Kempton has been absolutely smashed. Opened at 14s and is now as short as 15/8

Meant to be the fabled "Christmas money for the yard"

Comment

Got 3 tips for Dundalk

6.05 Pants on Fire
                                                                                              8.05 Shamash
                                                                                              9.05 walk the line

Ew Trixie
                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Minot Street in the 7.35 for my Friday Night Fancy. They ain't putting Kennedy up for the craic.

Missed the valoo obv. 6\1 taken.

Comment

Tracey Collins Captain Joy 4/1 in the 6.35 Dundalk. Place only 3 places 10/11 is a good un.

**Ran like a piece of shit ppfffttt**
                                                                                                  Last edited by rounders123; 09-12-16, 18:47.

Comment

Lady Ravenna in the next @ 14/1
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Watched Power Grids run in Fundalk tonite a couple of times and have never seen a jockey run up the arse of more horses than Halpin did tonite.
                                                                                                      Feane is a trainer to watch and horse must be getting ready for the Christmas money.

Back out again tonite, got some of the 10/1 earlier be interesting to see how K Manning gets on with him
                                                                                                      6/1 at the moment

Comment

Back out again tonite, got some of the 10/1 earlier be interesting to see how K Manning gets on with him
                                                                                                        6/1 at the moment
                                                                                                        What a finish, well played great pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                                          What a finish, well played great pick.
                                                                                                          Been a while waiting for him to be released, will be reinvesting a few euros on Buywise in the big one at Cheltenham tomorrow , keep the run going

Comment

Been a while waiting for him to be released, will be reinvesting a few euros on Buywise in the big one at Cheltenham tomorrow , keep the run going
                                                                                                            I owe you a couple of pints after that one. Let's hope Buywise can carry on tomorrow.

Comment

I am going to bed dreaming that this bunch of ponies are going to make me a wealthy man!

Outrage 1400 Newc
                                                                                                              Steel train 1545 Newc
                                                                                                              Baileys pursuit 18:15 Wolv
                                                                                                              Major Valentine 1845 Wolv (Nap)
                                                                                                              Nonios 1915 wolv
                                                                                                              Ripoll 2015 Wolv(nb)

Yacht catalogue at the ready
                                                                                                              Last edited by horatio1; 10-12-16, 10:44.

Comment

Ah stop.

Comment

Involved.

I am going to bed dreaming that this bunch of ponies are going to make me a wealthy man!

Outrage 1400 Newc
                                                                                                                  Steel train 1545 Newc
                                                                                                                  Nonios 1915 wolv
                                                                                                                  Ripoll 2015 Wolv(nb)

50cent Heinz for a cool 27k.

And double on the Nap NB.

Comment

Have my little fiver on the nap and nb dbl. Giddy up

Comment

Maybe a small canoe.

Comment

Outrage 1400 Newc
                                                                                                                        Steel train 1545 Newc
                                                                                                                        Nonios 1915 wolv
                                                                                                                        Ripoll 2015 Wolv(nb)

Very nice nap bring on the Ripoll
                                                                                                                        wd

Comment

If ripoll comes in I can't buy you the yacht but I will provide copious amounts of alcohol for a trip in your small canoe

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X