Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Have backed Maontri for the 7.45 in Dundalk tomorrow. Got the box draw to lead all the way and repeat the last two week's performances. Get in.
    A lot of weight on board Moantri tonight.
    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Backed Indian landing at 2-1 settle for red 15-8 and 1 double that's it for me at fundalk tonight.
      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Indian Landing does look the least exposed from quite the exposed bunch in that race, aside from Muck n Brass who looks a prime candidate for GAB's horse psychologist, from beating the likes of Brendan Bracken here 18 months ago to long outsider in a lowly handicap.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Maontris problem tonight is that there is another horse that will press on as well. Hence the money for Indian Landing as it will get to sit off them and pounce.
          GTFO
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

RDIII giving it the Oi Oi.
            Minor fistpump. I am at the RDS. Sporting Aquarium for the spin obv.

Comment

going with lilys prince in the next 25/1ew , never finished in the top 3 in its six starts

You would think moantri win would shorten busalla price but he appears to be drifting

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                going with lilys prince in the next 25/1ew , never finished in the top 3 in its six starts

You would think moantri win would shorten busalla price but he appears to be drifting
                Just plunged to 10s, I aint got any inside info on this just a speculative bet

Comment

Gimmeabreak two horses you mentioned from your Noel Meades stable tour running at Naas tomorrow.

4yo G, Flemisnfirth ex Tricky Present - Lovely animal, loves him to bits.

I take it this is Zip Wyatt in the 2.10? Could be worth taking on Kick On Boss with or backing in the w/o fav market if decent odds.

On Your Eoin - absolutely loves him but a very difficult horse train. Will win a bumper if/when runs.

Goes in the bumper with the step up in trip going to suit going by what i seen at Leopardstown over Christmas.
                  Ive had a nice few winners from that stable tour info much appreciated.

Comment

Corollary to this little tale being that I cracked GAB's 67os with my KK.

Comment

Why will Boyles only let me have €15 on a 7/2 shot horse at Haydock 2mrw

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        Why will Boyles only let me have €15 on a 7/2 shot horse at Haydock 2mrw
                        They know you are a shark Dice!

Seek the fair land and haaf a sixpence for me at lingers today

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                          They know you are a shark Dice!

Seek the fair land and haaf a sixpence for me at lingers today
                          Logged on this morning and it went on no probs. Obv lulling me into a false sense of security & trying to get me to lump on today

Comment

Logged on this morning and it went on no probs. Obv lulling me into a false sense of security & trying to get me to lump on today
                            Which horse dice might stick it in a treble

Comment

Which horse dice might stick it in a treble
                              Just Katenko at Haydock, no info. Think it might be the Segal pick today?

Comment

fill the power 12 .55 haydoc nap

Comment

E Mullins done well not to fall on a Jennies Jewel shocker mid race, another gutsy run and showed the big heart to beat Duinguib in the match, missed the 1/1 and settled for 8/11 before it went 5/6 again!.

Sire De Grugy to win shirley. I think Days Hotel will give a good run for your money as an outsider despite wanting better ground.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                    E Mullins done well not to fall on a Jennies Jewel shocker mid race, another gutsy run and showed the big heart to beat Duinguib in the match, missed the 1/1 and settled for 8/11 before it went 5/6 again!.

Sire De Grugy to win shirley. I think Days Hotel will give a good run for your money as an outsider despite wanting better ground.
                                    Danny Mullins

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                      Danny Mullins
                                      Sorry meant Danny. Somehow had Emmet in my head but that name tilts me so much for some reason i couldnt bring myself to write it so just went E. Sorry Emmet who posts here!.

Comment

Indeed he did really well not just to stay on but to get her settled and paying more attention to her hurdlThereagain.

Another great run from the mare at this grade and the way she runs on up that hill in Naas would have to leave you with all sorts of wild dreams of how she might come up a bigger longer hill.
                                        Had a great lol yesterday when I brought some non degens in to a bookies in Chinatown... It wasn't clear if it was them or the dozen Chinese punters in the Shop who got the biggest laugh out of my groans when she hit the 5 th and as I rode her home all the way to the line.
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Any idea when the rest of the bookies will start rolling out the NRNB on Cheltenham anti-post? (bet 365 and Victor only ones so far)

ta

Comment

Haven't fancied a horse as much in a long time as I fancy Ghostwing 16:10 Southwell tomorrow. His guide price on the Atr card was 10s and with timeform highlighting him I was hoping to get 5's or 6's feeling he was probably Value at anything over 3/1.

He opened 4/1 with bet 365 this afternoon and having got a small amount on at 3's is currently best price 5/2.

He has ran only twice over c&d finishing second and first, Breaking the track record which still stands off a mark of 75. Carried 9-7 that day and races off a mark of 54 tomorrow carrying 9-1. While the race he won is almost 2 years ago he has only ran at southwell twice since, finishing 2nd over 6f and a bad run from a mark of 81.

He returned from a break to get what was a very easy ride last week at Lingfield for new trainer Tony Carroll and that convinced me he will be spot on for tomorrow. I suppose it throws up the old question of whether you should back a horse even if you feel his price is slightly wrong. I know in the long run that will lead to a loss but when you fancy one so strongly can you really watch it win and be content that you did the right thing from a value point of view ?

Any views?

Comment

Baily Green, Quito De La Roque and Prince De Beauchene. Cracking photo!

Comment

Haven't fancied a horse as much in a long time as I fancy Ghostwing 16:10 Southwell tomorrow. His guide price on the Atr card was 10s and with timeform highlighting him I was hoping to get 5's or 6's feeling he was probably Value at anything over 3/1.

He opened 4/1 with bet 365 this afternoon and having got a small amount on at 3's is currently best price 5/2.

He has ran only twice over c&d finishing second and first, Breaking the track record which still stands off a mark of 75. Carried 9-7 that day and races off a mark of 54 tomorrow carrying 9-1. While the race he won is almost 2 years ago he has only ran at southwell twice since, finishing 2nd over 6f and a bad run from a mark of 81.

He returned from a break to get what was a very easy ride last week at Lingfield for new trainer Tony Carroll and that convinced me he will be spot on for tomorrow. I suppose it throws up the old question of whether you should back a horse even if you feel his price is slightly wrong. I know in the long run that will lead to a loss but when you fancy one so strongly can you really watch it win and be content that you did the right thing from a value point of view ?

Any views?
                                                You have to back him, just increase your stake. I personally could not let such an option poss for one I fancied that much.
                                                Also tattling in the 310 should win

Comment

Any views?
                                                  Reading this page might give some more insight

Expand the comments

Comment

Wouldn't be big on Tatting in the 3:10. With Noble Citizen strongly there at 7/4, would find it hard to make a strong case for Tatting overturning that two and a half length lose to NC last week in the apprentice race.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Right the Cheltenham threads are there if anyone wants to use them,should be a good read on the morning of each day of the festival other than searching back on this thread,just makes life a little easier.
                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Thefonze View Post
                                                        You have to back him, just increase your stake. I personally could not let such an option poss for one I fancied that much.
                                                        Also tattling in the 310 should win
                                                        Definitely not increasing stake. Hopefully with so much early movement he will drift a little at race time. Tatting was a little unlucky last time behind NC, but is on a very high mark and Simcocks are flying.

Elusive hawk is fav for the 1600 at wolves, well treated by the conditions but wouldn't get 8.5 f in a horse box

Comment

questionable advice, at best.
                                                          Yes possibly right. Ended up including in a lucky15 with tattling, ace master and mappin time.Have been on a bad run so would like to see a change in horse fortune!

Comment

Any views?
                                                            Has just drifted to 4.8 on betfair so I figure I might as well join ya
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Did a €60 Double on 15/8 & 9/4 shots. Somehow managed to click the E/W option (stupid phone) If they both place how much would it return? Both 1/4 odds.

Would about €135 sound right?

Comment

Did a €60 Double on 15/8 & 9/4 shots. Somehow managed to click the E/W option (stupid phone) If they both place how much would it return? Both 1/4 odds.

Would about €135 sound right?
                                                                i make it 137.70 return on 120 stake

Comment

This 4.10 southwell class 6! monday afternoon fibresand is becoming the most interesting race ever.

Comment

2 winners on lucky 15 going on to this one :-)

Comment

2 winners on lucky 15 going on to this one :-)
                                                                      Apologies in advance if it flops. Don't like the drift on BF. Have a nice treble with mappin time and noble citizen myself

Comment

Apologies in advance if it flops. Don't like the drift on BF. Have a nice treble with mappin time and noble citizen myself
                                                                        He has been backed in to 3.8 again fwiw
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

No worries, only did the bet cos you were do confident. It's a poor race. I saw his last run at linfield and he was never put in the race. I am hopeful.

Comment

drifting big on betfair before the off here, up to 6.0.. gl lads
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Sometimes you just look like a twat . Sorry lads! At least the treble saved me from outright carnage.

Comment

Sometimes you just look like a twat . Sorry lads! At least the treble saved me from outright carnage.
                                                                                No worries, only a few hundred different, I want a winner tomorrow now!

Comment

No worries, only a few hundred different, I want a winner tomorrow now!
                                                                                  If you want a laugh have a look at 415 Suddy tomorrow

Comment

Frankthetank clear fav in my book for the opener at Southwell tomorrow. Lexington Bay is a bet at 9/2 in the 14:40 also.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

If you want a laugh have a look at 415 Suddy tomorrow
                                                                                      See that he is in to run again, will you back him? I shall for certain.

Comment

See that he is in to run again, will you back him? I shall for certain.

Not sure, just watched the race now and all I could say is that apart from him(12) the first 6 home were drawn 4-6-3-2-5. Wasn't really making enough ground on the first 2 in the last 100 yards to suggest the extra furlong would suit although he did drift off a straight line.

Will have to back it if it runs but hope he doesnt as I fancy Grace Hull who went down narrowly to a good southwell yardstick lto having missed the break

Comment

Pleased as Punch runs in Fairyhouse tomorrow. Fancy it after the last run. GL me and anyone else who decides to follow
                                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I have backed Midnight Sequel to win the 5.55 at Kempton tomorrow night, hosed in last week and will defy the penalty tomorrow.

Get in.

Comment

Barney Curley and crew shooting for the stars again today it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                Barney Curley and crew shooting for the stars again today it seems.
                                                                                                crazy market at the moment

All-weather quartet cut in lively markets
                                                                                                By Paul Eacott 10:44AM 22 JAN 2014

FOUR horses all set to make their return to action on the all-weather later today after lengthy absences have been cut significantly by all the bookmakers.

Eye Of The Tiger at Lingfield, Indus Valley, Low Key and Callisto Light at Kempton, are all due to race after 350 days or more off the track.

Eye Of The Tiger, who is having a first start for Des Donovan having previously been trained by Barney Curley, is as short as 6-4 with BetVictor having been freely available to back at 4-1 this morning. The German Group 2 winner, who lines up in the 1.30, was put in at 10-1 last night.

Stablemate Indus Valley, off the course for 700 days, is due to return in the 4.25 at Kempton. He is no bigger than 9-4 having been an 8-1 chance this morning and as big as 20-1 last night.

In relation to the others, Low Key has been off for a relatively short period of time. He races in a visor for the first time in 6.25 and has been cut to a low of evens (from 7-2) this morning having been chalked up a 7-1 chance.

In the concluding race at Kempton (7.55), Callisto Light, who is due to have a first start for Michael Squance having last raced for George Prodromou in October 2011, is now trading at a low of 5-1 having been backed in from 16-1.
                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Seven Summits is the other Curley one, not Callisto Light, don't think he has a connection with that?

Comment

Why was eye of the tiger backed over night,seems a strange thing to do.
                                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                                                      Why was eye of the tiger backed over night,seems a strange thing to do.
                                                                                                      Thats why!

Indus Valley gone to SP on Boyles & PP

And straight to 1/2 from 6/4 on others

Comment

2 for 2 now

Who knows he could just lay these next too at ridic short prices now

Comment

GOAT gonna GOAT.

Comment

Seems appropriate

Comment

Super ew value in the 18:25 if you can get on somewhere.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

The Curley parody account on twitter was fairly wise to it last night it seems. First tweet in two weeks at 7pm last night:

"Ah I couldn't get a tune out of that Eye of the Tiger at all. I hope Des Donovan has better luck but I'd say it's a hopeless task #bestofluck"
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Quote of the day

Christian Leech, owner of Seven Summits and husband of trainer Sophie Leech said when asked if the winner was part of a Barney Curley gamble: "I don't know anything about that."

Asked if he had backed the horse, he added: "No. The prize-money is not bad, that will do."

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

That one traded quite big I/R.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Sounds class, can someone give cliffs!?
                                                                                                                        Where did he get the money on what prices did he initially get etc?

Comment

You have to admire the genius of it whatever your feelings on the circumstances.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X