Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Alreadt cleaned one bookie out of euros. Doing our best to clean bar out of Pimms.
    Hang the back of yere shirts out & slobber Guinness imo

Comment

GL to the lads.

Say ew for me.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Alreadt cleaned one bookie out of euros. Doing our best to clean bar out of Pimms.
        Put on a bit just for the sweat! GL lads.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

To my very untrained eye it looked like she didn't have enough gas when the jockey put the foot down. It was a decent sweat though. UL men I'm sure you'll have a blast anyway.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

The Lark Win
            Talent Win
            Secret Gesture Win
            Banoffee Lose
            Gertrude Versed Lose
            Liber Nauticus Lose
            Madame Defarge Lose
            Miss You Too Lose
            Moth Lose
            Roz Lose
            Say Lose
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Unlucky lads.I was looking forward to an excuse for another night of Debauchery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                Unlucky lads.I was looking forward to an excuse for another night of Debauchery.
                ETA at the Aquarium is 11.30
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Is Dawn Approach proper lump on material?
                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                    Neil Channing tips the following in this race:

Originally posted by Neil Channing
                    I'm having 3pts each-way at 100/1 Mirsaale with Ladbrokes , Betfred, B365.

I'm having 2pts each-way at 16/1 Libertarian with Ladbrokes, Corals, Betfred.

I'm having 1pt each-way at 40/1 Galileo Rock with BetVictor, Stan James, Boyles, Skybet.
                    He is nearly always looking for the EW value tips, how ever, so DA may still be a good bet.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                      Good God no.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                        Good God no.
                        Ocovango for interest. DA has to be opposed, even on Bolger's own ratings!

Comment

Prob the best 2yo run of the year so far there from thunder strike.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Is Chopin worth an ew flutter? Supplemented for £75k. Surely connections wouldn't splash that unless has a serious chance?
                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Samantha Barks #topfilly
                              Profit before people.

Comment

lump on dawn approach...6/4...rub monies on tities..

Comment

If Godolphin didn't own Dawn Approach he probably wouldn't be running. Similar to Dubai Millenium and Dubawi

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                    Samantha Barks #topfilly
                                    Emma Spencer was looking hawt yesterday at the track. Also looked like she'd happily stab anyone who got in her way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      Have laid Dawn Approach, had small bet on Galileo Rock earlier in the week at 75 or so.
                                      rolling in behind you, just laid Dawn Approach

Comment

DJ just started at the funeral next door to the card game here. ..karaoke later lantern Jaysus
                                        Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Ive Backed Ocovango 9/1 and Libertarian 16/1 ftw

That wally smurph thinks shes in the bbv!

Comment

ROTW looks ready made, but would have liked to see him be the fav O'Brien horse which tampers my enthusiasm for him. Very tough to have a strong opinion on anything in the race.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Jesus a rocket wouldn't have went fast ebought for Dawn Approach, July cup next for him

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                                DJ just started at the funeral next door to the card game here. ..karaoke later lantern Jaysus
                                                Price on these nags?
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Jesus Ryan Moore, tell Stoute to fuck off and go to Ballydoyle

Comment

[My faith in Channing is restored, called that race excellently.

Comment

Ryan's getting a bit better at the media side of things, he's easily the best riding at the moment. His betfair columns are always very informative too by jockey standards
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Ended up having no bet on the race, (cant remember the last time that happened), was so close to going in too big on DA, went for a drive with herself and the kids and listened to it on the radio on the way home, I feel like I've backed a winner at a big price
                                                        Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Ocovango for interest. DA has to be opposed, even on Bolger's own ratings!
                                                          Ocovango got murdered twice and still finished a close-up fifth. French jockeys...

At least Sheikh Mo didn't have put up with any insolence from the infidel Balding afterwards.

Comment

absolute hertic 3.20 killbeggan NAP

Comment

Looking through some antepost Ascot stuff today. Must say Moonlight Cloud 14/1 is a real standout ew bet at this stage in the diamond jubilee. Shea Shea heads the betting but his participation has to be dubious. He's running the Kings Stand earlier in the week which will be the priority and his condition will be analysed afterwards to see if he's up for running again 5 days later. Even if he does its a big ask especially if the ground comes up soft over the 6 furlongs.

Moonlight clouds form is arguably the strongest in the field mixing it with some exceptional horses in recent years. She only lost by the head to the Aussie wonder horse here last year, ok Black Cavier may not have been at her best and jockey was too proud to use the whip but it's nonetheless a strong form line. Franked that by beating Farhh in France, which again going by Farhh's recent demolition job at Newbury and his form lines with Frankel it has to be judged as a rock solid form line.

She has horses like society rock who's she's beaten convincingly in the past and reckless abandon who didn't look too hot on return this season ahead of her in the betting. 7 furlongs prob her ideal distance but if there's a bit of cut in the ground on the day the antepost price will look huge.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

On our way to Listowel with sonic beat for a hcp hurdle
                                                                He had been working very well until he put in a poor one last week and the ground should suit. If he runs to the best of the ability that he showed recently he could spring a surprise
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Looking through some antepost Ascot stuff today. Must say Moonlight Cloud 14/1 is a real standout ew bet at this stage in the diamond jubilee. Shea Shea heads the betting but his participation has to be dubious. He's running the Kings Stand earlier in the week which will be the priority and his condition will be analysed afterwards to see if he's up for running again 5 days later. Even if he does its a big ask especially if the ground comes up soft over the 6 furlongs.

Moonlight clouds form is arguably the strongest in the field mixing it with some exceptional horses in recent years. She only lost by the head to the Aussie wonder horse here last year, ok Black Cavier may not have been at her best and jockey was too proud to use the whip but it's nonetheless a strong form line. Franked that by beating Farhh in France, which again going by Farhh's recent demolition job at Newbury and his form lines with Frankel it has to be judged as a rock solid form line.

She has horses like society rock who's she's beaten convincingly in the past and reckless abandon who didn't look too hot on return this season ahead of her in the betting. 7 furlongs prob her ideal distance but if there's a bit of cut in the ground on the day the antepost price will look huge.
                                                                  Sigh not coming to Ascot.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

just posting this so I dont forget about her myself on Thursday - 4.20 lingers, Zeva - had her marked for a bet when she was dropped to 10f. Worth another look on Thurs morning
                                                                    4.45 lingfield,6/1 the best out there with mostly 11/2 (*with plenty of blue splashing about*),one non runner so 10 left in.
                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      On our way to Listowel with sonic beat for a hcp hurdle
                                                                      He had been working very well until he put in a poor one last week and the ground should suit. If he runs to the best of the ability that he showed recently he could spring a surprise
                                                                      Trainer was uncharacteristically confident even bullish before the race, FFS!

He pulled very hard and was he seemed to be running very comfortably for at least a place when he refused to do any more. Ian thought he was keeping a bit for himself and we were talking about eyewear and letting him make it next time but as he was leaving the ring he got into some sort of a spasm because he had overheated and was quite distressed. The vets were with him for an hour until he cooled down to a normal temperature.
                                                                      So meh, excuses are not what I was looking for but it seems he just wasn't right. He's come out of it fine, eaten up well and his dodgy leg has survived ok, I still want to believe there is a day for him... problem is it feels increasingly like his day was the one we missed up the north two weeks ago
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

chance me in fairy house EW NAP

Comment

Takeyourcapoff is a lean cut of value in the 1m6f h'cap at L'town this evening.

This horse has been out of the first four only three times in nine flat runs. Two of those were on officially Yielding and Soft ground. Last two wins were on Good to Firm.

It does seem to have a preference for a tight track (wins in Tramore, Wexford, Killarney) on the flat but was placed 2nd in L'town off a mark of 75 back in Aug. Now on a mark of 78.

Looks a weak enough contest and at 7/1 looks a bet.

Jockey/trainer combo had a 16/1 winner at Limerick Junction last night.
                                                                          To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

fitandproperjob must have a serious chance in the last in stratford..looked at replay of his fall at market rasen and was travelling very sweet that day until he fell. 11/2 is worth taking imo
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

unreal

Your browser does not support iframes. Saturday’s running of the Belmont Stakes might not live up to the finish on Friday afternoon in the Brooklyn Handicap, one of several high-profile races run at Belmont Park the day before the last … Continue reading →

Comment

It hit every ridge in Naas - was always on the wrong stride. put a line through the run and back it the next time it runs - wouldn't be overly concerned about what ground it gets.

Toccata Blue was the horse to take from the race though - should be a handicap over a more suitable distance for it in Curragh on Guineas weekend and it will be one to back blind.
                                                                                This runs 1520 curragh

Comment

@ gab,notice it was this time last year that o conor won his maiden in rosscommon.nice little interview with dessie after the race

SPOILER
                                                                                  "It was a weak maiden. He had run well in a good Curragh maiden first time out. He will probably win a handicap and the handicapper shouldn't be too hard on him for his win today. He will probably be better going further. He was bought to be a dual purpose horse as a yearling at Goffs and he will definitely make a hurdler in time". D T Hughes, trainer

how right he was.
                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Very sad to hear Henry Cecil has passed away. Great trainer especially fillies.

Comment

off to fairyhouse this evening to watch a horse that a friend of mine has a leg in. Like Magic in 7.30..hopeful more than anything about the run...anyway just had a look through the card and raes creek in the last would be the only one i know i'm going to have a bet on before i go. any of the shrewdies around here fancy anything?
                                                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

By no means claiming to be a shrewdie pat but do like halfords in the 7 o clock. Should come on for his first run and if he can break smartly with the cheek pieces on from the wide draw must have a squeak.

Comment

I see Wicked Wench goes in 8-50 Haydock tomorrow evening ,Neil Calln on board cheekpieces on,6ibs revised terms with Bronze Beau,has to have a super chance GAB or??

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                                                            I see Wicked Wench goes in 8-50 Haydock tomorrow evening ,Neil Calln on board cheekpieces on,6ibs revised terms with Bronze Beau,has to have a super chance GAB or??
                                                                                            good draw from 13 to throw into the mix
                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Looks like a decent spot. If the ground softens (there is rain forecasted in the area) Rusty Rockets could be a threat at a big price, well handicapped if he gets back to his best.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

PP refunding bets(max refund 100) if Animal Kingdom wins the Queen Anne. Not sure if it's available in shops but if so I'll have to make the pilgrimage.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Sulis Minerva is also in the race and the yard would clearly know who is better treated here.

There are clues in this thread on the subject.

Comment

Did any of you catch Pillow's debut at Fairyhouse last night?

She is a definite money maker.

Comment

Photographers taking liberties with their position in that 6.55 Leop.

Comment

Looks like a decent spot. If the ground softens (there is rain forecasted in the area) Rusty Rockets could be a threat at a big price, well handicapped if he gets back to his best.
                                                                                                        How right you were when you posted that im sure it was 14/1 in places

Comment

Anybody having problems watching race replays on Racinguk.com? just getting constant buffering when I try?

TY

Comment

Countryman for Hughie Morrison in the nightcap at Goodwood tonight.
                                                                                                            Really liked him as a 2yo and he paid out in Oct ... thought he may step up more but would still pay in a handicap if needs be.
                                                                                                            He has been a bit frustrating but a strongly run 6f here tonight off this mark can see him go close. Jimmy Fortune usually rides him but Crowley is up now and may ride it a little handier.

Backed him this morning at double figures, and there is still value around imo with some firms.

Comment

That's him binned from the tracker. No good.

Comment

They normally win next time out when I do that!

Comment

Sir Patrick Moore big ew shot here at York.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Think The Fugue has to be close to the bet of the festival at Ascot at 8's. Plenty of weak favs about this week.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Laying or place laying Camelot and DoW sounds like fun to me, any major reasons not to?

Comment

in which race?
                                                                                                                        The weak favs?

In the St James', the Kings stand and both the front two in the Prince of Wales would be take on horses at prices.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

My sources tell me Leitrim Pass is a max bet in the 5.45 at Doncaster.

Short enough at this stage but should hack up apparently.
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X