Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened at Dundalk?

Just doing a few bets to settle in for the evening and all markets pulled?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      What happened at Dundalk?

Just doing a few bets to settle in for the evening and all markets pulled?
      Medical emergency

Comment

Happy Diva Newbury today not sure of time

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          I make Caroles Destrier a cracking bet in the 2.05 Newbury. Even more appealing for having 4 places available in the 11 runner event. I put him up on RacingTV last week as one of my Cheltenham Handicap Picks so time to kick on today!
          Ledged free botox
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

One of the most exciting races I've ever seen. I wrote the horse off half a dozen times. Fortunate to have the leader blunder but spectacular all the same. Thanks Noel!

Comment

I make Caroles Destrier a cracking bet in the 2.05 Newbury. Even more appealing for having 4 places available in the 11 runner event. I put him up on RacingTV last week as one of my Cheltenham Handicap Picks so time to kick on today!
              Dancer!

Comment

Brilliant shout ty

Comment

Good stuff gab got the fecking forecast . As jammy as the win. Some ammo for Cheltenham. Finally caught a tip on this thread.

Comment

I was too tilted by the commentators pronunciation of the horses name I walked out with a mile to go when I thought it was beat. Had to rewind on mute.

Comment

Present on the ATHLONE night were Kevin O'Ryan ( MC ) Gordon Elliott, Noel Meade and Eddie O'Leary.

SPOILER

SUPREME:
                      Gordon- said it was on open race and he would be running Vision D'honneur which he thought had an each way chance.

Eddie - thought Aramon had an each way chance but thought it was between Angels Breath and Al Dancer in that order. He said that his Vision D'honneur had a small each way chance.

Noel- Said it was a wide open race and that the Irish were not as strong as usual and also that 4-y-o had not a good record in this. He fancied Al dancer to win.

ARKLE:
                      Gordon- said that he would be running Hardline in this and that he had an each way chance but thought that Duc de genievres was his idea of the winner.

Eddie-liked Duc de genievres and Glen forsa here

Noel-Liked Glen forsa and Defu du seuil here but Eddie said that Defu de seuil definetly goes for JLT

CHAMPION HURDLE:
                      Gordon-Said Aples jade was in good form and was being closely monitored daily to check if she was going in season

Eddie- said that the plan was always the Mares hurdle until her last run in Leopardstown. He was very worried in case she would go in season and said that even the travelling over could bring that on . said that you woul like to see her bouncing in the parade ring beforehand to be happy that she was in good order.

Noel-Doesn't fancy Laurina at all. Thinks Apples jade will win but says that Buveur dair will be a tough nut to crack

MARES HURDLE:
                      Gordon-says that Willie has a super strong hand here

Kevin- states that David Casey and Patrick Mullins are napping Benie Des Dieux at all the preview nights.

NATIONAL HUNT CHASE:
                      Gordon-says that he will run two here. Gun Digger jumps and stays well and will love the trip and Champagne Classic who he thinks the four miles will also suit. Jamie Codd and Lisa O'Neill will ride them with Lisa having the choice. He ays Ok corral and Ballyward are the ones to beat.

Eddie- says that Ballyward is his fancy here

Kevin-says that Discorama has a big chance here and that Barry O'Neill is already booked to ride.

BALLYMORE:
                      Gordon-says that Battleoverdoyen runs here and that the race will suit him and he is in great form. He reckons Champ is beatable and gives City island a chance.

Eddie- thinks Dunvegan has a solid each way chance as he was a sick horse the second day he ran. He says Champagne Platinum is a non runner here and gives City island a good chance too.

Noel- is not impressed with Champ and likes City island.

Kevin- says that 7-y-o have a bad record in this race.

Conor Brassil was in the audience and said he rode a bit of work on City island and he is in great form at home but they are not sure if Mark Walsh is available to ride him and that he has a great each way chance.

RSA:
                      Gordon-says Delta Work worked well yesterday but does not do anything too fancy at home. He says that Chris's dream is not good enough but Eddie says that Chris's dream was not running here and going to Aintree.

Eddie- respects Santini but says a sneaky one here is Mortal. He had a great run behind Delta work at Leopardstown but was ridden too forward the last day and would be ridden off the pace here. He seemed fairly sweet on him and reckoned a great each way bet at a big price.

Noel-said that Delta Work was one of the bets of the week.

CORAL CUP:
                      Gordon-says he runs at least two here, Farclas is coming to himself and his choice would be Cracking smart of the two. He also said that if Eclair De Beaufeu got in, he would have a great chance here.

QUEEN MOTHER:
                      No real discussion here with all reckoning Altior was past the post.

CROSS COUNTRY:
                      Gordon-says that Tiger Roll was in super form and if he could only have one winner at Cheltenham, then this would be his choice.

FRED WINTER JUVENILE:
                      Gordon- says that Lethal steps has a good each way shout here but that Chief Justice will not like coming up the hill.

Eddie-says Star Max has a real good chance here at a price , another sneaky one as he calls it.

Noel-runs future proof here and has an each way chance but thinks Band of Outlaws is the one to beat.

BUMPER:
                      Gordon-says Malone Road is out for the season and he runs two with solid chances Envoi Allen and Abracadabra. He also says that David Pipe thinks a lot of his horse here.

Eddie-says regarding Blue Sari, that it is a huge task for a 4-y-o

Noel-does not like Blue Sari at all, he says that he cannot see him coming up the hill.

JLT:
                      Gordon-says that Mengli Khan runs here. He says that he has a lot of ability and he thinks that maybe Leopardstown is not his course as all his bad runs have been there.

Noel-has no opinion on this race

Eddie-mentions that there is a small chance that Mortal may be diverted here and if so has a big chance. He mentions two horses each way at prices, Articulum and Pravalaguna. He also says that Defi Du Seuil runs here.

RYANAIR:
                      Gordon-says Monalee is made for this race rather than the Gold Cup. He might run The Storyteller here with an each way chance. Shattered Love definetly goes for Gold Cup. He says Min will take all the beating here.

Noel and Eddie-both like Min.

STAYERS HURDLE:
                      Gordon-does not like Paisley Park at the price, very bad value. He says Samcro is doubtful to get here but Supasundae each way is the bet.

Eddie-says he is a Paisley Park fan and would love to see him win. Another sneaky one here from him is Petite Mouchir who he says runs here and might improve for the step up in trip at a huge price.

Noel-likes Paisley Park but thinks he is very short and thinks Supasundae each way is the way to go.

I myself spoke to Jessie Harrington last week about Supasundae and she said he would be left in this and the Champion hurdle and a decision would not be made until late in the day.

MARES NOVICE:
                      Gordon-runs two here , Black Tears is probably not good enough and he might run Surin who would have a big chance if he does

TRIUMPH:
                      All three think Sir Eric will win with Noel saying this is his Banker of the meeting.

ALBERT BARTLETT:
                      Gordon-says he runs Commander Of Fleet here, says he stays well but is still a big baby. He says Birchdale is a smart horse and if the ground turns soft, Derrinross has a big each way chance.

Eddie-says 5-y-o have a bad record in this race

Noel-likes Alaho but says his First Approach has an each way shout especially if the ground eases a bit.

GOLD CUP:
                      Gordon-says his mare Shattered Love has a big each way chance if she stays. says Presenting Percy is the horse to beat but gives each way shouts to Elegant Escape and Road to Respect.

Eddie-very sweet on shattered Love if she gets the trip and seems confident on her breeding that she should relish it. Ground was much too quick for her at Leopardstown. Also likes Elegant Escape each way and says if he is near them at the second last , will be coming home strongly.

Noel-says Road To Respect is in terrific form and blamed the ground at Leopardstown, seemed confident he would turn the form around with Bellshill but has a slight concern about the extra couple of furlongs here. He said that Presenting Percy was a worthy favorite.

MARTIN PIPE:
                      Gordon-says he runs at least two here and Donagh Meyler and Conor Brassil will ride them. He seems to really fancy Dallas Des Pictons here but said that Cartwright was in great form too.

Eddie-reckons that Dallas Des Pictons needs further.

PERTEMPS:
                      Gordon-mentions A Toi Phil here saying he ran a cracker in the trial and has a great each way chance at a price.

Noel-says Cap York runs here and he is improving but is not well treated by the handicapper but this trip will suit him.

FOXHUNTERS:
                      Gordon-says Kruzhlinin will not run here and goes straight to Aintree bur seems to really fancy Ucello Conti and says Jamie Codd is already booked to ride.

ASKED ABOUT THEIR BEST BETS FOR THE MEETING:

Noel-says his best chance is Road To Respect and best each way shout is Cap York in the Pertemps. He likes Ucello Conti in the Foxhunters and his nap is Sir Eric in the Triumph.

Gordon- his other runners in handicaps were Eclair Du Beaufeu if he gets in the Coral Cup has a great chance and also Cracking Smart in the same race, he runs two in the Kim Muir, Its All Guesswork but he may lack experience and Measuremydreams but both have solid chances. His best chance of a winner without Tiger Roll were Delta Work, Battleoverdoyen, Ucella Conti and Envoir Allen. His best handicap chance was Dallas Des Pictons in the Martin pipe

Eddie- His best chance was Delta Work in the RSA and surprisingly Petite Mouchir , each way in the Stayers Hurdle. He also likes Battleoverdoyen and mentions in the Novice Handicap Chase , Riders on the Storm.

ASKED ABOUT ONE FOR THE WEEKEND:

Gordon says that Duca DE Thaix at Navan on Saturday and also his horse in the Bumper at Navan which I could not catch the name of. Noel was asked the same and laughed saying that He thought he would win the Bumper at Navan until he heard Gordon's statement. He also said he liked his horse in the Leopardstown Bumper on Sunday called Six Shooter.
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Im sick reading that Parrot. I was all over Mortal in the NH Chase, Gigginstown running plans have already destroyed my Cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                          Im sick reading that Parrot. I was all over Mortal in the NH Chase, Gigginstown running plans have already destroyed my Cheltenham.
                          Have Cubomania for the JLT and no mention.

Currently entered in 7 races

Comment

Cappuccino man 3.00 leop

Comment

Goddamn it I had Kilbarry Lilly in my horse tracker with a note reminding me to ignore the last run and lump on in any ordinary maiden

Just picked up the email now FML
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Goddamn it I had Kilbarry Lilly in my horse tracker with a note reminding me to ignore the last run and lump on in any ordinary maiden

Just picked up the email now FML
                                Did you not get the RD3 tracker email advising that only jockeys whose names start with 'D' should be backed today?

Tut tut.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I'm set to have a pretty poor Cheltenham if the big players don't show up.
                                  I've knda set my stall out on elliot bossing it all.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Does anyone know if William Hill are NRNB yet? Finding it difficult to find the info.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      I'm set to have a pretty poor Cheltenham if the big players don't show up.
                                      I've knda set my stall out on elliot bossing it all.
                                      Yeah I’m with Delta Eork & Battleofdoyen.
                                      I’m gonna lay the absolutes out of Paisley Park.

Comment

And, it would be very concerning if Russel is made sit out in favour of Kennedy - seems he is on the Giggy no ride list of late. Few better than Russell and for all that JK is a talent, he doesn't have the experience of DR particularly on a ride like D Work.
                                        Fair points but that was a bit of an egg & spoon race where they didn’t go at championship pace. His jumping in the main was very good in the Drinmore except for the last which he fiddled a bit. He’s not a big scopey type so he’s unlikely to excite.
                                        Here’s the pluses: course form, a thorough stayer, and the form of that Drinmore is looking more and more solid every day.
                                        I’d be shocked (& disappointed) if JK rides. Russell would be key imo.
                                        The horse will just pop in behind and run them down up the hill where his battling qualities should come to the fore.
                                        Do you not think that it looks a real windy race?

Comment

I have to say that strictly on form he looks a 6/4 shot or shorter to me. His form is pretty much at a different level than his opponents, his last five runs include a Cheltenham festival win, a good second in a Grade One over hurdles and two Grade Ones wins over fences.
                                          His main two rivals were beaten by IMO an overrated mare at Kempton. Topogthegame is a maiden over fenced and a weak finisher, couldn’t have him.
                                          Santini is priced on hype & flopped at the festival last year & has had an injury scare.
                                          I think to get Delta beaten you’re going to need him on the floor, he has the look of a good thing to me.

Comment

Sounds like you can give each other a bet there without any nasty bookmaker restrictions or exchange commission to worry about
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123
                                              Got it on good authority he was asked to leave the Kilashee hotel for jaccuzi antics.
                                              Jesus rounders, that's worse than saying nothing!

DEETS.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ah feck it better delete before Dobby gets onto us. I was talking about the other fella anyways. Also this was a couple years back now so wouldn't be the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                  Ah feck it better delete before Dobby gets onto us. I was talking about the other fella anyways. Also this was a couple years back now so wouldn't be the thing.

Wha?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Wha?
                                                    The retort from Hotspurs missing person remark. You are expected to be a fair play man now.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      The retort from Hotspurs missing person remark. You are expected to be a fair play man now.
                                                      Ah. That was different tbf. That mans family definitely read here when.the search first started.

Thought it was common knowledge Russel was a bit of a party coke hoor. Post away lol

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                        The more I look at it the more I think Buveur is the bet. If he was to drift to say 5/2 he'd be a smash job. Can't have Laurina at prices and Apples too short IMO, be very concerned about her tendency to still jump right. BD beaten at Kempton is a bit of a red herring, flat track suited her and he was prob only tuned up 70%. Reckon race will likely be run to suit and hell pick her up on the climb.

I'll be over there for it, cant wait tbh.
                                                        I'm with you but my price threshold is much lower than 5/2.
                                                        5 to 2 pp this evening 200 max

Comment

got it - was at the dentist and nipped into shop next door. Worth it!
                                                          Did Apple's Jade not surprise you enough last time then ?

Comment

I find it increasing jaring going through lowly handicaps at the likes of Dundalk and seeing so many Elliott, Joseph, Bolger ect horses at the head of the markets.

Pretty shocking imo that there's zero regulation to protect the smaller trainer/owner from this type of thing. If i had my way I'd put a ratings cap on any trainer who finished in the top 5 of the trainers champ the previous year, circa 80 on the flat and 110 over jumps, so that would be the minimum rating any of their horses could get after maidens. It would also lead to more competitive maidens as there wouldnt be as big an incentive for the big stables to hang their horses out the back of camera for 3 races in a row to get a lightweight opening mark for handicaps, and would prevent the likes of horses like Rockfish getting put in at 45 and winning 4 handicaps in a row in races where other trainers livelihood is on the line

Just feels the game is at an all time inaccessible for your average trainer and lacks any sort of forseight in how sustainable the current model will be for the long term.
                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 05-03-19, 22:10.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Main onus has to be on the other trainers to up their game. Plenty examples of small trainers doing well with a very small number of horses and then increasing the number of horses they have shortly thereafter. They just gotta kick on from that.

Comment

Yeah Elliott, Bolger & Joseph are the 3 mould breakers who are taking things to the next level. It’d do the moaners (other trainers) better to up their hame and change rather than moaning.

Comment

What race is Caroles Destrier likely to run in? 50/1 for the Ultima and 25/1 for the Kim Muir.

Just back both with Boylesports who are NRNB?

Comment

neither it seems

edit - Won't get into the Ultima. Can run in Kim Muir if it wants, seems they are leaning towards Scottish and Midlands Nationals. Mullholland has a few options for the Kim Muir but maybe he will run because there is only one Cheltenham.
                                                                    Ah shite that's a pity. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Any chance someone could post a link to a print of the photo finish for the 4.50 at catterick . I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                        Any chance someone could post a link to a print of the photo finish for the 4.50 at catterick . I'd really appreciate it.

Comment

I'm not even sure if that's the right one but it was the first post when I searched "Catterick photo finish" on Twitter and seems the most recent

Comment

Albuquerque ew in the next and also a fan of Alcander in the last.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              I'm not even sure if that's the right one but it was the first post when I searched "Catterick photo finish" on Twitter and seems the most recent
                                                                              That's the one all right. I lumped on the 2nd at 13/2. Thanks dobby really appreciate the pic confirmation. That one hurt. The only place the horse was headed was on the fkn line.

Comment

Just after hearing some sad news that Graeme the barman from the Dame Tavern passed away recently. He was the main reason I went there for the big racing days and it was always great craic when he was there and a lot less when he wasn't. Great man for the racing and nipping into Boylesports to have a bet. He was a true gent with loads of time for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                  That's the one all right. I lumped on the 2nd at 13/2. Thanks dobby really appreciate the pic confirmation. That one hurt. The only place the horse was headed was on the fkn line.
                                                                                  Sick dose. UL

Comment

Automatic 3rd race in Thurles

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                                      Automatic 3rd race in Thurles
                                                                                      Have this backed to place already.

Brother in laws horse goes for 1st time in this race - been waiting nearly a year, opened at 1/3 last night and out to 9/4 now, rang him to check if a leg had fallen off overnight.

Comment

Sean Graham Preview

Gary O'Brien
                                                                                        Gordon Elliott
                                                                                        David Casey
                                                                                        The Couch
                                                                                        Richard Hoiles
                                                                                        Sean Flanagan
                                                                                        Ronan Graham
                                                                                        Brian Graham

SPOILER
                                                                                        Onwards to discussing the opener - the Supreme!
                                                                                        Couch: Hendo's wouldn't put Mr Fisher in the same Gallop as Angels Breath. He was underprepared at Kempton. I think he's a good thing. Al Dancer ran in a poor BF Hurdle. He's a false fav. Fakir D'oud has holes in his form
                                                                                        BG: Ascot form hasn't worked out for Angels Breath. My idea is Elxir De Nutz. Great form. Tolworth Hurdle is best form in race.
                                                                                        RH: Grand Sancy at double figure price interests me. ELixir got his own way up front in Tolworth
                                                                                        GE: Vision D'honneur should have good each way chance. Didn't jump great at Leopardstown last day. One of weaker races of the week. If we win it, it will be a bonus. Impressed with Angels Breath. If he was mine he'd be going Ballymore however
                                                                                        SW: On a panel with D.Jacob other night he was sweet on Elixir De Nutz. Hard to know how solid the Fakir D'dourdires form is.
                                                                                        DC: Aramon will run - pretty open race. Al Dancer most impressive visually. Concerned about Mister Fisher. Angels Breath would be better over further.

Onto the Arkle - RH: Lalor great piece of form from earlier in the year. Really don't have a strong opinion of the race with the injuries to other horses. Kalashnikov couldn't rule him out if it does rain but you're clutching at straws in a weak contest
                                                                                        Couch: Can't have Glen Forsa. He's a 120 rated hurdler. They are going to go fast in this. Lalor is an awful price. Set up for a horse that jumps and stays. Had a few quid on Gordon's Hardline. Best jockey on board it. Davy
                                                                                        GE: Hardline will run in this. Coming back to 2m around Cheltenham will suit him well. I was impressed with Duc Des Genievres from Willie. Looks stronger this year. Jumped well in Gowran.
                                                                                        DC: Duc Des G won well last day. Good hurdle form. Such an open race. Visually most impressive horse was Glen Forsa. Don't know if he has to make running. They could cut their throat in front.
                                                                                        BG: Biggest arkle field in years. Nothing like Footpad in this. Horses that haven't reproduced their hurdle form over fences. Then horses like Glen Forsa the other way round. Disagree with Couch think he's a great chance. Got better and better.

Champion Hurdle time - DC: Laurina does everything right at home. Never put the gun to her head though. Worked well other morning. Proabaly a bad price on what she's done tbh.
                                                                                        DC: Not overly impressed with Buveur this year. Got beat off Verdana Blue. Not even the last day at Sandown was he impressive. Compared to Apples Jade. Sharjah a bit under the radar. Dry ground suits. Melon saves his best for Cheltenham
                                                                                        GE: Didn't think she'd do what she did the last day. Final bit of a work tomorrow and then it's all systems go. Samcro hasn't really trained on this year, few niggly problems. Apples not a great workhouse but saves best for track. Bit of rain will do us nicely. Happy with lead
                                                                                        RH: Want to find something each way. if BVD wins three in a row he might finally get credit. It's a bit of a weak division to be fair. Don't think the front three at that far clear.
                                                                                        Couch: Can't believe she's not fav. Breathtaking last time out. Beat Supasundae half the track. BVD form this year is rubbish. Check out De Boinville's face when he won Verdana Blue. If Apples performs to that level she can't be beat.
                                                                                        BG: Apples has won by half the track on each start. Handicapper only raised her three pounds for that win last time. She could be the best mare ever. She gets 7 pounds. She's a cert in a match with BVD
                                                                                        Somewhat of a clean sweet for Apple's Jade in the Champion Hurdle then.

Onto the Ballymore, which opens Wednesday's racing.
                                                                                        GE: Battleoverdoyen is a chaser in the making. He jumps well and stays and I wouldn't swap him. Needs to improve from Naas. He'll be fine on the track even though he's a big horse. Champs form has holes in it. He's beatable. Impressed with City Island.
                                                                                        SF: Big fan of City Island. Won an egg and spoon race last time, but a nice few quid to pick up. Won a nice race in Leopardstown before.
                                                                                        RH: Not great Challow Hurdle form for Champ. Poke holes in all UK form. No depth to it. Champ pulls hard and he's not a price. Champagne Platinum would be interesting he cost a few quid.
                                                                                        Couch: Sams Profile interests me. Needs to jump better. Decent price. Mouse Morris has a good record when he brings one over. City Island's form needs to improve
                                                                                        DC: Klassical Dream great contender if he pitches up. Lot of French experience. Cut in the ground would suit. Angels Breath as we said would be of huge interest if he stepped up. Deffo taking on the fav.

Onto the RSA Chase: RH: Santini pulled a shoe but sounds like he's ok. His prep just hasn't gone right though. Couldn't race of the flu. Looked slow at times and babyish. OK Corral looked an RSA horse at Warwick. Showed some pace. Topofthegame ahead of Santini in Kauto.
                                                                                        GE: Delta plenty of experience. Improved from Cheltenahm to Punchestown last year. Gone strength to strength. Only does what he has to do. Won't mind any ground. In great form.
                                                                                        BG: Impressed with Delta. Could follow Presenting Percy's route. Delta has best form in Ireland and has been franked. Topofthegame still a maiden over fences. Second season novice. Mister Malarkey an improver. Lot better chaser than hurdler
                                                                                        Couch: Liked Santini had big antepost bet on him. Terrible preperation. Delta Work the form horse and had a saver on him. Davy on board a huge advantage. Don't fancy Topofthegame. Too quirky.
                                                                                        Couch: OK Corall would deffos be in the race if not for Santini. Be wary if Santini doesn't make it and OK Corrall could reroute here. Price won't be 8/1 if he does turn up
                                                                                        DC: Gordon's horse best form in race. I like Topofthegame. Crying out for extra distance up the hill. 2nd last year in Coral Cup. Ontheblindside still learning but trip again suits.
                                                                                        Big fans of Delta Work and Gordon seemed keen. Santini's prep the main knock and Topofthegame not quite good enough.

Onto the Champ Chase.
                                                                                        DC: Haven't decided about Min and Footpad and even UDS if the ground is soft. Min's had two go's at Altior and hasn't beat him. Fav looks bombproof. Footpad had excuses on his runs this term.
                                                                                        RH: Wouldn't worry about the jumping left thing at Ascot. Wouldn't be rushing to take the price, but we go to Festivals to see these star horses. EW without fav only way to attack race. Sceau Royale and Gods Own who's always a bet in this.
                                                                                        SF: Altior one of the best ever I'd say. Simply Ned if I was going to have a bet in this. At a big price.
                                                                                        Couch: Least impressive he's been at Ascot. Willie's should follow him and try and have one burst and do him at the end. Min needs decent ground but could do him for toe. Ryanair should be the race for Footpad ran over further in France.

We're back from the interval.

Let's go with Bumper: DC: Ireland has the best form.
                                                                                        GE: Envoi Allen gallops and stays. Horse for future as I've said all season. Malone Road would of been the one and Envoi probs wouldn't have ran.
                                                                                        Couch: Get in the Queue of Harry Fry's. Done a great time at Exeter. The fog didn't help the view but he was very impressive too at Uttoxeter. Neon Wolf started in same bumper
                                                                                        RG: Meticulous has been backed and Tabor is involved. Have to take note of that. No reason why it should win watching it back but the money has to be noted. Best of the English maybe the Tizzard horse Debonair. McFabolous franked form other day.

Ryanair Chase. SF: Road To Respect has this option. Footpad impressive in arkle last year but maybe they set it up for him. Our boy effective over both trips. Was too soft from him in gold cup last year.
                                                                                        RH: Frodon runs here as he won't beat Clan Des Obeaux. Monalee looks a good thing but been bit unlucky at Festival. Has been his target all season.
                                                                                        GE: I still like Footpad. DC: Whichever horse turns up deserves to be head of the market.
                                                                                        Couch: Frodon won't win either. Couldn't believe Monalee was evens to win the other day. Struggled to beat Anibale Fly. Footpad for me is the one. Race set up for him.
                                                                                        RG: Not a lover of Monalee. Wasn't very good when beating Anibale. Would have to step up to beat the likes of UDS or Footpad. Ryanair is there for the taking probs cut up.

Onto the day three feature the Stayers Hurdle. Looks an intriguing race this year, with the well fancied fav Paisley Park leading the market.
                                                                                        RH: Paisley Park gut reaction is he's too short. Horse I would most like to win for the story. He's been strong at the finsh after usually hitting a flat spot. Big Bucks-esque. He beat everything in England. No reason why they should reverse form.
                                                                                        Couch: Aiden Coleman's record at Festival is a worry. Kilbricken Storm won AB last year. Has been chasing but has a bad back. Worked the place down at Wincanton few days ago. Paisley is a bad price. Supasundae very ground dependant. Great chance though.
                                                                                        RG: Could see likes of Faugheen being a public gamble on day. Paisley Park could drift. If momentum carries on with Faugheen could go off 3/1. PP lay of week at the price. Form doesn't stack up to Irish horses. Never met anything of their ilk
                                                                                        DC: Faugheen showing plenty at home. Ruby done couple bits of work. Supasundae likes Cheltenham. Not certain he really truly stays up the hill. Rest of horses look like they have aborted chase campaigns. Faugheen's record at track is great. Take a good bit of beating.
                                                                                        GE: Samcro is 50/50. Works tomorrow. Might be running out of time. If he doesn't make Cheltenahm then Aintree Hurdle. Fav is beatable. Don't think he's good enough.
                                                                                        SF: Favs form isn't strong enough. Big fan of Supasundae. Nice ground is needed. Soft ground he doesn't see it out. Bacardy's as well i give a chance to. Good form.

Onto the Triumph where we may see the "Irish Banker" of the week in the form of Sir Erec.
                                                                                        DC: Sir Erec beat our horse in Xmas in maiden. The class and way he did it at Leopardstown was impressive. he attacked his hurdles. Horse coming off flat they often don't take to it but he did. Stays and has pace. Ticks all boxes
                                                                                        RG: No way this horse odds against on a Cheltenham Friday. Nothing to take him on. You're looking at the top of the market and they don't really go except QD. Anybody you speak to can't see this horse beaten.
                                                                                        Couch: Fav a bit short. Gardens Of Bablyon might have a chance at a price. First time i wasn't impressed with Sir Erec. 2nd time he got a solo which he won't get in Triumph.
                                                                                        GE: Fav a good thing. Way he quickened after last last time out was great. SF: Sir Erec a jet. Sir Erec's only worry in this would be if Band Of Outlaws ran in this, so he's a cert for Fred Winter.

Albert Bartlett quickly... RG: Lisnargar Oscar i've heard good word for. Beat Dickie Diver first time out and the form has been franked.
                                                                                        GE: Commanderoffleet suited by the 3 miles. Won well the last day. Wouldn't be one of my strongest chances. Only 5. Needs to strenghten up and he be better next year.
                                                                                        GE: Have to be a tough horse for this race. Derrinross is an interesting price but needs it soft.
                                                                                        SF: Dinons is a big price around 20/1. GE: To be honest i'd forgotten about him! He deffos runs in the race. Won round the track.
                                                                                        DC: Over the years had some big priced runners. Look for something at a price.
                                                                                        Couch: Bookmakers benefit. Dinons for me. Top yard big price. Loadsa course form, ticks the boxes for me. Derrinross impressive at Limerick and liked attitude at Cork.

Onto the big one the Cheltenham Gold Cup
                                                                                        GE: I'd love to be training PP. Everyonen trains horses in different ways. Got it right the last two days. Only worry would be if ground came if particularity good. Shattered Love runs had wind op. Could place if ran career best.
                                                                                        DC: Open race. Anyone of 6 or 7 could win. We run 4. Kemboy good at Xmas, Al Boum ran well last year. Bellshill won nicely at DRF. Unorthodox prep for Percy last year so no issue there. Couldn't bet Native River with stolen money at the minute.
                                                                                        RG: PP should start fav. Montys Pass won National after not running over fences that season. Pat Kelly is a genius. Knows the time of day. Can't have CDO or Native River. Gold Cup last year has wrecked him and Might Bite.
                                                                                        Couch: CDO beat Thistlecrack he's getting on a bit. Form at course aint great. He likes going right handed. Terrible price. PP has best form from the RSA. Doesn't do a tap in front. Think PP wins. Like Al Boum Photo, beat Total Recall properly. Might Bite had ulcers
                                                                                        RH: Can't have Clan. Won't Stay. More positive about Native River. He obvs wants rain. Impressed by PP in the Galmoy not worred about prep. They are the two for me. Anibale Fly maybe ridden to pick up the pieces.
                                                                                        SF: Rode PP in his first jumps win. He just does enough. No issue with prep. Obvs jumped the fences at Galway. Arguably one of the best horses in training at the moment.

Best bets time. SF: Looking forward to Toust Et Permis needs rain though. Not sure where he goes yet.
                                                                                        Hoiles hcap picks: Bouvreiul (Grand Annual), Benatar (Plate), Early Doors, Montestrar (Fred Winter) - Not What I Am (Pertemps - NAP)

GE: Champagne Classic good chance in 4 miler. Michael wants to run him in RSA but sure he'd have no chance.

GE: Lethal Steps big engine in Fred Winter. Bit of a boyo. Sire Du Berlais is planned for Pertemps after morning work. Good chance with good weight. A Toi Phil just not a grade one horse over fences.

GE:Measureofmydreams has good chance in Kim Muir. Bit short now though. jumping has let him down in the past. Its All Guessworks runs as well. IF jumped round he's have achance but lacks a bit of experience. Jamie Codd and Barry O'neill respectively

GE: My best chance is Tiger Roll but there's no such thing as a good thing in a 3m 6f Cross Country Race.

DC: Benie Des Dieux seems in great form, goes there without a run no issues. Still have few more in race. Ballyward goes four miler, won well in Naas and jumps well. Lacks touch of experience but ran well in AB last year

DC: Wicklow Brave would have a decent profile in the Country Hurdle or Coral Cup, maybe the latter suits him better.

Couch: Highway One O One in Close Bros. 2nd to Kildistart who I like for JLT too. Super jumper of a fence for a novice.

Couch: Friend or Foe in Fred Winter for Paul Nicholls. On Saturday Dream Du Granville in Imperial Cup get your bets on.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Have this backed to place already.

Brother in laws horse goes for 1st time in this race - been waiting nearly a year, opened at 1/3 last night and out to 9/4 now, rang him to check if a leg had fallen off overnight.
                                                                                            BiLs yoke got backed back into odds on and won. Front 2 pulled 16l clear of 3rd though not sure if they beat much. Was a strange market, must havd been confidence in thd Meade horse.

Hopefully get some early info if going to Punch/Aintree.

Comment

When was that one Parrot?

LOL @ GE forgetting about Dinions in the Bartlett.
                                                                                              Very interesting to hear that Road to Respect could go to the Ryanair. I think he’d win it.

Comment

When was that one Parrot?

LOL @ GE forgetting about Dinions in the Bartlett.
                                                                                                Very interesting to hear that Road to Respect could go to the Ryanair. I think he’d win it.
                                                                                                Must have been a while ago, Champagne Classic has been a non runner for a few says now and Road to Respect is going to the Ryanair

Comment

I just post em as I get em

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                                                                    Must have been a while ago, Champagne Classic has been a non runner for a few says now and Road to Respect is going to the Ryanair
                                                                                                    Even with Fox Norton out the Ryanair is looking like a cracker of a race. RtoR Monalee Footpad maybe UDS and a few interesting ones at big prices like Aso and Coney Island.

If the ground holds on the good side it feels to me like the wrong call for RtoR and reading between the lines I think Noel would have been happier to wait and make the call as late as possible.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Even with Fox Norton out the Ryanair is looking like a cracker of a race. RtoR Monalee Footpad maybe UDS and a few interesting ones at big prices like Aso and Coney Island.

If the ground holds on the good side it feels to me like the wrong call for RtoR and reading between the lines I think Noel would have been happier to wait and make the call as late as possible.
                                                                                                      Coney Island an insulting price IMO. Looks like it will turn into a good race alright.

Comment

Liffeydale Dreamer. 15.55 Ayr

Comment

RTE CountryWide Toberona Stables (audio)

Comment

Skybet offer is fantastic for Cheltenham. £20 on first race every day(win only part) refunded as cash if you lose.

Comment

Woke up this morning to an email from Paddy power saying my account is blocked until I provide a utility bill.

Sound lads, great timing all together!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                Skybet offer is fantastic for Cheltenham. £20 on first race every day(win only part) refunded as cash if you lose.
                                                                                                                And bet365 will match any €25 bet on any race with a free €254 bet on the main race each day.

Total of €180 free bets, not a bad way to start
                                                                                                                sigpic
                                                                                                                Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                                                  And bet365 will match any €25 bet on any race with a free €254 bet on the main race each day.

paddys free bet for 2,3,4 on ALL races is a fecking gift tbf
                                                                                                                  not huge money but decent offer all the same

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post

Are there details of this anywhere Aidan? can't seem to find it

Comment

Mark Howard preview

Comment

Originally posted by alocon View Post
                                                                                                                        Are there details of this anywhere Aidan? can't seem to find it
                                                                                                                        Log into your account and look at the messages/mailbox

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          Mark Howard preview
                                                                                                                          https://we.tl/t-st7UsJB3rZ
                                                                                                                          any chance you can copy and paste in here?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X