Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

choo choo

Comment

One up

Comment

SP was 6s also

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
          SP was 6s also
          Next one wont drift!

Comment

Looks like they've made a balls of the execution of this, even if it does seem like informed money

Comment

Two up

Comment

2nd up...
                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  Looks like they've made a balls of the execution of this, even if it does seem like informed money
                  How so?
                  Profit before people.

Comment

16s, 14s and 12s last night. Nice to be on that trixie
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      How so?
                      People on a poker forum were discussing it at 11.30am, for starters...

The first yoke went off 10 on betfair after being 2/1 since first thing this morning. They defo missed heaps of value, whatever the result

Comment

2nd one wins

Comment

I cashed out with 365 laying 4/7, great cashout offer, it's gonna go off around 11/8 on exc

Comment

Top of town 4/6 now

Comment

It should drift, it's being lay on quite a bit, could go off at bigger than 2s

Comment

Nearly 2's on exchanges, being opposed like he doesn't win.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Nearly 2's on exchanges, being opposed like he doesn't win.
                                  No it's not that, simply people laying off, I don't think there's a lack of confidence, people just simply getting out of a position.

Comment

Pussies. Gambool.

Comment

stream froze.....
                                      are we millionaires?
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Yippee
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          stream froze.....
                                          are we millionaires?
                                          Yes
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ask SP about the corruption in football now!

Gangsters.

Comment

That was the only one where Davy's job was beyond following Byrnes legendary instruction to a jockey of 'Don't fucking fall off'
                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Wpd all. Fuck my laziness.

Comment

Fucking yes

Comment

How much will this cost the bookies? Seemingly quite a few people on at various bigger prices.

Also, ship.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                      Ask SP about the corruption in football now!

Gangsters.
                                                      Didn't have a cent on but surely you have to admire the execution?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                                        war anthem (6.40), mr. smith (7.10), top of the town (8.10)...all still being backed...
                                                        Cheers for this, legend.

And big cheers to this too.

Comment

What combined odds did you guys get on this? Must have been 50\1+, even at the skinnier lunchtime prices.

Comment

Ah it's class I love seeing that.

Pure corruption of the highest order though.

Comment

He's a complete gangster, but a very talented one!

Comment

I'm still learning about married betting but she thinks it was only 600, which is progress I guess
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Thanks. New lips for me Friday week
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    What combined odds did you guys get on this? Must have been 50\1+, even at the skinnier lunchtime prices.
                                                                    90/1

Comment

Got €3402. Guessing there was a R4 somewhere.

Nice anyway.

Comment

Got 457 for my fiver

Comment

84/1

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Got €3402. Guessing there was a R4 somewhere.

Nice anyway.
                                                                            25 ew?

Comment

Brilliant. Such luck to spot it. Delighted others got on.

Comment

Choo Choo ty ty

Comment

Put €12 on the EW Trixie and got €243 back, seems decent enough.

Comment

25 ew?
                                                                                    Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                      Yep
                                                                                      sigh...you never put enough on a winning bet.

Comment

The Stewards enquired into the apparent improvement in form of War Anthem, trained by C.Byrnes, placed first, compared with its recent form. Evidence was heard from the trainer concerned who stated that his animal was ridden at Listowel on the 6th June and Limerick on the 3rd July by G.B. Noonan, an inexperienced claiming rider. He commented that his charge had jumped big and deliberate at Listowel and had never taken a hold of the bit. At Limerick he felt that the rider was weak on his charge who was unable to keep him in contention. He further added that the booking of D.N. Russell in addition to a complete change of training routine by easing off in his exercise combined with the fact that his horses had been out of form but showed signs of improvement in recent work outs had all contributed to todays improvement. He further informed the Stewards that this animal had a history of bursting blood vessels but to his knowledge had not done so on the racecourse. Evidence was also heard from Andrew Shaw, Turf Club National Hunt Handicapper, who stated thatp>War Anthem was tailed off in two previous hurdle races and despite winning a weak contest today, abnormal improvement had been shown. Having considered the evidence the Stewards noted the explanation offered and took no further action.

The Stewards enquired into the apparent improvement in form of Mr Smith (GB), trained by C.Byrnes, placed first, as compared with its previous run at Killarney on the 14th July 2016. Evidence was heard from the trainer concerned who stated that his charge was unable to go with the pace in this two mile one furlong contest and jumped deliberately before losing interest when becoming detached from the main contenders. He added that P.T. Enright who rode Mr Smith (GB) at Killarney had suggested that this animal was ungenuine and could benefit from the application of blinkers, be ridden more prominently and race over a longer distance. Today he did as suggested and felt that his horses had improved in their overall health in recent weeks, all of these factors contributing to this success. Evidence was also heard from Andrew Shaw, Turf Club N.H. Handicapper, who stated that this animal was running off a rating of 83 having been dropped 2lbs for the Killarney run. He also commented that blinkers were applied today and the animal was racing over a longer distance. Having considered the evidence the Stewards noted the explanation and took no further action.

Comment

TBH these were the considerations taken into account when I backed the treble.

Comment

Talking to the media at Roscommon, Byrnes said: "After Galway we needed it. I did my brains in at Galway with Sea Light and Crystal Pearl."

Asked how long he had been planning the apparent coup, Byrnes said: "It's just the way it happened. I wouldn't say I planned it. I had a bunch of horses come into form and I put them in together. It was the last couple of weeks I was able to put it together. Long-term it would be impossible to plan."

Comment

fml
                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Horse trainer Charles Byrnes' perfectly executed Roscommon treble hits bookmakers for €5m

Comment

Any insider knowledge as to how the bets were placed? Would have thought this would be very difficult after recent Curley coup.

Comment

Any insider knowledge as to how the bets were placed? Would have thought this would be very difficult after recent Curley coup.
                                                                                                    I would struggle to have less to do with that side of the business!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                      A 100e trixie at opening prices on b365 would return 500k.

It is easy to circumnavigate risk systems. They are cumbersome and hard to change. Bookies have attempted to correct for it in their rules etc.
                                                                                                      Did anyone actually get on at the big prices seems like they were cut before anyone had a chance

Comment

Kevin Blakes blog is very good as usual.
                                                                                                        I liked this bit in particular
                                                                                                        Originally posted by Kevin Blake
                                                                                                        While “landing a touch” may seem like a relatively simple task to an outsider looking in, those with insights into the practicalities and realities of such things know just how difficult it is to get everything right with a horse to have real confidence in its chance on any particular day.

If it was easy, lucrative gambles would be landed every day, but the reality is that they are very rare.

Thus, for a trainer to deliver three modest horses to a single race meeting in peak form in races they are confidently expected to win and duly get the job done is a truly mind-blowing achievement.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bainne worth a few bob later?

Edit - nvm, hadn't checked price since first thing this morning. GL.

Comment

Haydock 3.20 whozthecat 11/2

Comment

After all the Roulette spinup blind alleys you followed me down be rude not to follow you blindly on this one

Comment

does 3rd last count as a place?

Comment

Any fancies for Leopardstown this evening? Heading there in a while, more for The Strypes and the craic than the racing but will certainly be punting away (in my own non-degen fashion!) while there so any suggestions gratefully accepted

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                    Any fancies for Leopardstown this evening? Heading there in a while, more for The Strypes and the craic than the racing but will certainly be punting away (in my own non-degen fashion!) while there so any suggestions gratefully accepted
                                                                                                                    Stellar Mass. If I hadn't packed in horses I'd back that one

Comment

Settle for red in 8.00 leop

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                        Stellar Mass. If I hadn't packed in horses I'd back that one
                                                                                                                        Out of curiosity, what horse would you back tomorrow if you hadn't packed in horses?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          does 3rd last count as a place?
                                                                                                                          just a shocking shocking turn out.
                                                                                                                          stick it in the tracker

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X