Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Indian Fairy tomorrow for me.
    Misfire
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Impressive stuff by Vroum Vroum.

A Toi Phil is a very good price w/o @ 7/4 Imo
      Last edited by TheImprover; 29-04-16, 16:52.

Comment

Ran a stinker

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          any tips for the 1000 and 2000 guineas this weekend? PP have a special whereby you put two singles down and they'll put on the double at the same stake
          Where did you see this?

Comment

Is Jennie running tomorrow SP?

Comment

Oh I forgot about the entry.... she'd be tough enough to do it but the ground was a bit on the good side yesterday.do
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Left after the 4th race at Punchestown on comped tickets as it was too shit. 3g a problem, taking a piss a queue, getting a drink a queue, every place a crush. The only place not a crush was around the tote hatches. Pulled over twice on the way home to watch the following 2 races.
                Wouldn't go again of a Friday even with free tickets.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                    Source?
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I dunno why I asked. I backed them anyway
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Gonna blind back all O'Brien outsiders (10/1 or>) in the English/Irish classics this year, usually a ridic profitable strategy.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Jamie Spencer. Sigh.

Out of curiosity would any trainer/owner give instructions to plonk the best horse in the race stone last all the way around and tell the jockey to navigate through 12 horse traffic with some coming back at you while giving your rivals first run & a 6-10l lead.
                          Last edited by Dice75; 30-04-16, 13:25.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                            Gonna blind back all O'Brien outsiders (10/1 or>) in the English/Irish classics this year, usually a ridic profitable strategy.
                            ...Out of curiosity, roughly how many bets do you reckon this would be?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                              ...Out of curiosity, roughly how many bets do you reckon this would be?...
                              10ish I'd reckon, the value is probably more with the fillies, likes of Qualify, Was, Bracelet, Marvelous, Homecoming Queen all winning classics at fancy prices in the past few years.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Jamie Spencer. Sigh.

Out of curiosity would any trainer/owner give instructions to plonk the best horse in the race stone last all the way around and tell the jockey to navigate through 12 horse traffic with some coming back at you while giving your rivals first run & a 6-10l lead.
                                Yes he did the same yesterday with a reltated horse.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  Left after the 4th race at Punchestown on comped tickets as it was too shit. 3g a problem, taking a piss a queue, getting a drink a queue, every place a crush. The only place not a crush was around the tote hatches. Pulled over twice on the way home to watch the following 2 races.
                                  Wouldn't go again of a Friday even with free tickets.
                                  I was pleasantly surprised by the broadband, I was getting 4g full blast on 3.
                                  They could do with more toilets... Friday gets an special crowd but it pays a lot of the wages.

I was thrilled to hear that Punchestown have bought the land across from the stands that is worked out as a quarry and is a horrible eyesore . They have a 12 year plan to rehabilitate the 180 acres.
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tank fully emptied on air force blue.
                                    Could be the makings of a good day
                                    I've a few pending in leopardstown as well

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                      Tank fully emptied on air force blue.
                                      Could be the makings of a good day
                                      I've a few pending in leopardstown as well
                                      Just accidentally cashed out on a double going onto it. FML.

They don't get you to confirm cash outs on PP when you misclick the cunts.

Comment

Yeah PP. Ye cunts

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Yeah PP. Ye cunts
                                          Don't see many AOB G1 favs do that...ever. Second string ran a decent race as well.

Comment

Fml

Comment

Need stretching the truth to save the day

Comment

Or jaairh at 5.40 Thirsk.
                                                5ilbs off for the ride.

Comment

Rathnure Rebel @ 10s is too big in the 6.10 Punchestown

Comment

Nina

Comment

From a mate of mine.

1000 guineas analysis

The O' Brien Angle

Horses with a run record is 035120400
                                                      The winner was a 25/1 shot. The second was a 33/1 shot just touched off. The 3rd was a 9/1 poke while the 4th and 5th were big double figures. When he runs only one horse they generally don’t do well. Nearly all horses that have had runs outperform the shorter priced stable mates who didn’t have a run.

Another interesting point is the two best placers had the following profile. Plenty of runs as a 2 yo. Went to the US with them. Ran them over 6 furlong

What does this mean? They are well forward. They are not going to be improvers so no long-term prospects so get the most out of them. They’re not stayer’s and so not going to be aimed at the oaks etc.

Bracelet for instance had a run but only had two runs as a 2yo and didn’t go to the states. Same with Devoted to You. Heart Shaped finished a nose off third. Guess what – ran over sprints, went to the states, and had 6 runs as a 2yo!

Horses without a run record is 0030000

This included 3 favs – tapesty , misty for me and rumplestiltskin

In the last five years it seems O’brien uses this as a prep race for bigger targets for fillies that will stay as evidenced by the record of horses winning G1’s after a no show here.

Alice Springs 20/1 e/w

Has had a run

Has had a busy 2yo campaign

Has ran over 6 furlongs

Has been to the US

Form wise she doesn’t have a lot to find with the fav and second fav only beaten a lt by them. She has placed in two G1’s and should have won the juvenile fillies turf. She has been to the track (like Together, same jock up too) where she won a very valuable race with ease.

The data

1. Qualify 12/1
                                                      No run. Finishes last. Wins Oaks

2. Bracelet 11/1
                                                      Run (Wins). Finishes 14/17 wins Irish oaks

3. Tapestry 4/1 fav

No run. Finishes last. Wins oaks

4. Moth 9/1

Run. Finishes 3rd

Does nothing again

5. Snow Queen 20/1
                                                      Run Finishes 5th

Does nothing again

6. Homecoming Queen 25/1
                                                      Run. Wins. Does nothing again

7. Maybe 13/8 fav

No run. Finishes 3rd

5th in the oaks

8. Together 33/1

Run. 2nd .

Wins Fillies turf breeders cup

9. Misty for me 9/1

No run. 11th .

Wins pretty polly G1

10. Devoted to you 11/1
                                                      Run. 15/17.

Does nothing

11. Heart Shaped 14/1
                                                      Run. 4th

Does nothing

12. Kitty Macham 8/1

No run. 9/15. Does nothing

13. Savethisdanceforme 12/1
                                                      Run. 10/15. Does nothing

14. Theann 20/1
                                                      Run. 10/21. Does nothing

15. Rumplestiltskin 3/1 fav

No run. 7th

Does nothing

16. Race for the stars 12/1
                                                      No run 8th

Does nothing
                                                      Last edited by elbows; 30-04-16, 19:52.
                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        I was pleasantly surprised by the broadband, I was getting 4g full blast on 3.
                                                        They could do with more toilets... Friday gets an special crowd but it pays a lot of the wages.

I was thrilled to hear that Punchestown have bought the land across from the stands that is worked out as a quarry and is a horrible eyesore . They have a 12 year plan to rehabilitate the 180 acres.
                                                        Yeah i suppose so, ah just venting. Thats good news about that quarry site. Ladbrokes should lose the contract in all racecources though, useless setups. 2 smaller screens show the racing on either end of all the screens and the largest screen of them all right in the middle just showing meaningless specials.

Its really striking how pleasant staff are in restaurants/retail in Kildare. Went to Naas beforehand and staff are all smiles and chat asking how much of the festival your here for an re-reminders to bring an umbrella. Im not used to this good treatment at all.

I did experience a Gee bag manager in a PP shop in Newbridge this morning scolding a younger male colleague about something trivial in front of punters. I gave her a dose of her own medicine in an equal manner about something else she erred on. She didnt like it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                          Source?
                                                          Combo of sources (posting the duplicates). Reliability in the last 2 weeks has been brutal. Tail of hunt season and starting of flat is being compounded by the weather.

Ill hold off posting in here till it turns. In saying that below has popped up and considering the fact Im struggling to get the lads out for a pint for the football....

15:20: Henpecked
                                                          Last edited by Fullof..It; 01-05-16, 10:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                            Combo of sources (posting the duplicates). Reliability in the last 2 weeks has been brutal. Tail of hunt season and starting of flat is being compounded by the weather.

Ill hold off posting in here till it turns. In saying that below has popped up and considering the fact Im struggling to get the lads out for a pint for the football....

15:20: Henpecked
                                                            mirsalle in the race before it too. Double pays 20/1
                                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Allez la filly francaise.

Although whenever i say this I usually end up cursing French jockeys. Thierry Jarnet.

Comment

Normal service resumed for Coolmore. Pick that out.

Comment

Two little ew nibbles at the Curragh deeds not words and creggs pipes.

Looking forward to seeing how Blue de Vega has wintered.

Comment

Des Scahill eh.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

Nice one well played.

Comment

John peel 20/1 ew Chester cup

Has a great draw for a front runner in five. A lb lower than last year where he had to tack across from a wide draw and only gave his best in final 100 yards finishing 5th to the ascot gold cup winner. Same prep as last year. This is a much weaker race on paper.

There's no one to take him on up front so should set the fractions. While the fav is decent he's not chucked in and plenty of better horses went off fav for this without winning. Quick Jack is drawn in the car park and stable not in the same form as last year and our lad has a 7lb swing . If JP breaks well , shows early speed he should be hard to pass

Not my work just passing it on.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post

I was having seconditis in the pub up until this wp. And got
                                                                          A couple. Of winners after it wp again.
                                                                          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Hard to justify backing anything after Cheltenham & Punchestown. But one that came up in the tracker I thought was interesting is Pride ofthe castle @330 Fakenham. Form reads well ...worth a go for me IMO. Last bet for me before Royal Ascot and the likes. GL me
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                              Hard to justify backing anything after Cheltenham & Punchestown. But one that came up in the tracker I thought was interesting is Pride ofthe castle @330 Fakenham. Form reads well ...worth a go for me IMO. Last bet for me before Royal Ascot and the likes. GL me
                                                                              I keep hearing about the trackers, but embarrassingly don't have a clue about it.
                                                                              Crash course anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                I keep hearing about the trackers, but embarrassingly don't have a clue about it.
                                                                                Crash course anyone?
                                                                                Go to Irish racing click on the horse tracker option set up an account and you can add horses and it emails you when they are running.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                  Go to Irish racing click on the horse tracker option set up an account and you can add horses and it emails you when they are running.
                                                                                  I use the attheraces tracker. You can have up to 200 horses in it and you can a horse there permanently and just next time out etc...
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Usually when a price is so head scratchingly big there's something amiss, but still can't help but leave the 40's about Venue unbacked in Chester Cup. Coming from the plum draw in 1, and he's carrying the joint lightest weight in the race, in a race that hugely favours lightweights, nothing carrying more than 9'4 has won in the last decade. Trained by Donald McCain whose shown on a couple of occasions he knows how to win this race. Hasn't ran on flat in some time but was a classy enough performer before heading down the hurdles route. The price suggests he bombs, but think there's at least potential there to outrun that.

Like Henderson's No Heretic too in the race. Ew's on both.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Like Henderson's No Heretic too in the race. Ew's on both.
                                                                                      Shout, WP

Comment

Bob Skier 14/1 in the 7.30 at Clonmel

Comment

Bob Skier 14/1 in the 7.30 at Clonmel
                                                                                          25/1 in a few places

Comment

On ew @25/1 for bantswagon.

Comment

Tellthemnuttin 6.25 in DownPatrick 20/1 B365

Comment

Short price but Seeyouallincoppers 6.35 Cork @9/4

Comment

Empor's sword in the last in Cork. 50/1

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                    Nice!

Comment

Handy as you like. Hope a few got on.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Double
                                                                                                            Win

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                              Handy enough again

Comment

Productive 15 mins m8s. Elbows tip comes in and im drinking til ~Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                                  16s for a place on PP

Comment

Same race but I was told by someone involved with Faonagh that there hopefully of a big run 20/1 as well. Might be worth an ew poke.

Comment

I'm happy with 2/3 in trxie as well as singles.

Elbows comes in, I'm off on holiday's.

Comment

Dont forget to stock up on the dog food m8

Comment

Dont forget to stock up on the dog food m8
                                                                                                                          We'll be eating from the butcher this week m8

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X