No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Fulham could be value at home to Liverpool on Monday night. I can't emphasis enough how important Lucas has been this season. We now look particularly threadbare in partners for Adam in midfield with the most likely being Spearing. We have recalled Shelvey from Blackpool but he doesn't have the discipline to play in the center. Fulham seem to be playing well of late. I watched them against Spurs a while back when they lost 3-1 but it was in no way reflective of a game they completely dominated in the second half.

Any thoughts ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      the one day I start using Keane's unit strategy instead of my full rolling I get 4/5 bets arghhh

also, f u palace!!

edit to say my milan leverkusen chelsea united-1 quad for 4 units is still open too - yipee
      You are the ultimate mug Douglas!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        I think Fulham could be value at home to Liverpool on Monday night. I can't emphasis enough how important Lucas has been this season. We now look particularly threadbare in partners for Adam in midfield with the most likely being Spearing. We have recalled Shelvey from Blackpool but he doesn't have the discipline to play in the center. Fulham seem to be playing well of late. I watched them against Spurs a while back when they lost 3-1 but it was in no way reflective of a game they completely dominated in the second half.

Any thoughts ?

Opr
        I fully agree with you. fulham at home are normally hard to beat.

Everton today are certs, they were my bet of the weekend. Can see Saha scoring a couple.

Comment

Osasuna above evs against Betis is very big imo.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Osasuna above evs against Betis is very big imo.
            Last minute goal ftw!
            Profit before people.

Comment

Liverpool team news : Reina Johnson Skrtel Agger Enrique Henderson Spearing Adam Bellamy Carroll Suarez

I am going to stay out of it.

Opr

Comment

Like the overs in this one a little. Fulham ship a lot of goals at time at Liverpool have been scoring well away.

Comment

just went for the standard saurez first goal for a bit of interest while watching

Comment

Lazio and Liverpool backed. Nice deal on Paddy

Comment

had osasuna last night(only noticed they won it in 92nd above) trebled with lazio and liverpool so come on the pool!!
                      also have both bari and sevilla in bets so all teams win for me plz and ty - big big betting tomorrow if they do

edit bari concede seconds later, ipb curse fu
                      Last edited by mdoug; 05-12-11, 20:27.
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Chelsea Valencia both to score tonight. Also Saldado 12/5 anytime looks tasty.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Two double tonight (all ht/ft)
                          Barca/Barca + Chelsea/chelsea
                          Barca/barca + draw/chelsea

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                            You may want to rethink that one for many reasons other than you have already lost half your stake before the match even starts.

I hate to see people give away their money before I get a chance to offer them a once in a lifetime opportunity.

First hand information on the Barça football first team. News on Piqué, Ansu Fati, Pedri and all your favourite players.
                            Last edited by CheckRaise; 06-12-11, 14:09.

Comment

any tips then?

Comment

Chelsea Valencia both to score tonight. Also Saldado 12/5 anytime looks tasty.
                                Havta agree with this. If chelsea defend like they did against newcastle then valencia will surely score and when they score it is usually soldado. So looks a solid bet.

Think Barnsley are my value of the night at 6/5. Also waitng on Barnsley Leverkusen and Chelsea to complete my quad after put the chargers in (as advised on here) last night at -3 10/11.

Anyone fancy arsenals reserves tonight at 7/2?

Comment

personally think 1.57 on leverkusen is huge
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Apeol at home @ 13/10 has to be worth a big bet? they need to win to secure first and Shakhar can't come off bottom anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                                      You may want to rethink that one for many reasons other than you have already lost half your stake before the match even starts.

I hate to see people give away their money before I get a chance to offer them a once in a lifetime opportunity.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/...o-be-audacious
                                      Why do I listen to other people :P

Bets I eventually did make went down the shitter

Comment

3 singles and a treble for tomorrow:

* Ajax - DNB @ 2.24

** Basle/United - UNDERS @ 2.10

*** Napoli - WIN @ 1.79

Treble @ 7.63

* Ajax just need a point to guarantee their place in the next round. Real have first sewn up already and have nothing to play for. Jose is gonna rest a heap of players for this once as they have the small matter of Barce this weekend! 2-1 home win.

** I can see both teams starting out quite cautious in this one. United will try hold the ball as long as possible to try frustrate their opponents. Since their massacre at the hands of City a few weeks back United have kept a steady ship at the back, I predict that to continue tomorrow. 1-0 away win.

*** Napoli just have to match City's result tomorrow and they are through. However, they won't be hoping for any favours from Bayern and will want to get the job done themselves. Villareal have nothing to play for but pride in front of their fans. The Italian's forward line should get the job done here. 2-0 away win.

Comment

Got my barnsley bet up after i doubled them with oldham

But leverkusen let me dwn for my quad. But overall a profitable night. I have recently went from doing 4 or 5 to doing 2 or 3 and having alot more success. It maybe pays not to be greedy.

Comment

Betis have taken 1 point from their last 10 league matches scoring just 4 goals, whereas Valencia have won 5 of their last 6 with a spirited 2-3 home defeat by Real Madrid the only loss in their last 9 matches.

13/10 seems very high therefore, no?

Comment

Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                              Got my barnsley bet up after i doubled them with oldham

But leverkusen let me dwn for my quad. But overall a profitable night. I have recently went from doing 4 or 5 to doing 2 or 3 and having alot more success. It maybe pays not to be greedy.
                                              Defo stick to singles doubles if u are punting Decent dough maybe some trebles. Anymore and bookies love to see u coming IMO.
                                              location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Considering the permutations needed tonight, Man U, Lille and Napoli @ ~7/2 is where my money is going

Comment

treable just under 4/1
                                                  lille 4/9 need to win against a ok turkish side to qualify but have been hitten form of late
                                                  utd 4/6 they have to produce a performance to qualify so should win
                                                  napoli 4/6 same as last one but could be tricky if the spanards decide to perform but think napoli should do enough
                                                  https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Why do I listen to other people :P

Bets I eventually did make went down the shitter

I didn't tell you not to bet, I told you not to just give 50% of your stake to the bookies without any hope of a return and pointed out that you were not betting on "Barcelona" but a bunch of youngsters and players from the second division of Spanish football.

How many of these lads do you know who started for "Barcelona"? In the end it was a reasonable team but not the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Villa combination that the price reflected.

Last edited by CheckRaise; 07-12-11, 15:21.

Comment

Going for a treble tonight as there are a few teams with must win games. Lille Man Utd and Lyon. Lyon are the biggest price team but there manager has said they are going there to score goals as they need to overturn a goal difference of 7. And there opponents havnt won a single point thus far.

I have a feeling napoli could be the coupon buster for people tonight. They prob should win and likely will. Although they are so unpredictable in league this season anything can happen when they play. However they have been very impressive in this years champions league but I think they might give city an opportunity tonight to go through if they are good enough to beat bayern.

Comment

bet for tonight. munich 4 till 1 and villareal 7till2. double.

Comment

I'm looking at the same games.

Lille Win and Over 2.5 @ 2.1

Lyon Win and Over 2.5 @ 2.88

Both Bet365.

Comment

lille are useless. specially with joe cole as playmaker. u mite as well play that role yourself

Comment

donation

Comment

nah i just type it into paddypower mate lol

Comment

Originally posted by gunnaflip View Post
                                                                  bet for tonight. munich 4 till 1 and villareal 7till2. double.
                                                                  Munich have nothing to play for, have injuries to their main players, Robben did not travel and Gomez has a small injury to his knee and the flu seemingly. City have to win and are beasts at home. I would want 10/1 on them to win this game.

Comment

Munich have nothing to play for, have injuries to their main players, Robben did not travel and Gomez has a small injury to his knee and the flu seemingly. City have to win and are beasts at home. I would want 10/1 on them to win this game.
                                                                    yeah thats very true but you just never know with the germans. always hard to beat no matter what team they start. robben and gomes big misses though as both playing great. Fancy any upsets tonight?

Comment

No, unless Madrid give the kids a go.

Comment

I didn't tell you not to bet, I told you not to just give 50% of your stake to the bookies without any hope of a return and pointed out that you were not betting on "Barcelona" but a bunch of youngsters and players from the second division of Spanish football.

How many of these lads do you know who started for "Barcelona"? In the end it was a reasonable team but not the Messi-Xavi-Iniesta-Villa combination that the price reflected.

No, wasn't hating. Really did appreciate the help!

Comment

On Real pretty big tonight. Also have a decent bet on Inter.
                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Some carnage last night in group d.

Any bookie offering enhanced odds on all Serie A games this weekend to be under 2.5 goals?

Comment

Barca at 2/1 lads? There can't be that much of a swing compared to last year can there?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                Barca at 2/1 lads? There can't be that much of a swing compared to last year can there?
                                                                                Think there has been a bit of a swing, Barca to me look a tad complacent at times this season, particularly away from home, but it's hard to believe they wouldn't be fired up for this game so that's not really a factor. Not a huge fan yet of Barca's 3 man defence they've been trying out in some games, but given there awesome record vs Madrid since Jose's arrival the price does look big. I'll wait for team news, but likelihood is I'll be quite drunk at that stage tonight and not bother

Did take some 6/4 Norwich early yesterday, seems to be shorter now, not sure what the benifit of telling you that now is but gogo Canaries.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Fancy Hull today 6/4 away to a struggling Coventry, Barmby is putting a good case forward for the managers job full time, he has them playing really well.

Falkirk 5/6 at home to Hamilton. Falkirk 2nd in table against an out of form Hamilton, Falkirk unbeaten at home this season.

2 singles and a double.

Comment

Sigh

Comment

Has to be Sunderland and Stoke for me today. 10/11 and 5/2. Singles and doubles.

Crouch and O'Shea speculative 1st goal scorers to very small money also.

Looking fwd to collecting later!

Comment

Originally posted by Thefonze View Post
                                                                                        Has to be Sunderland and Stoke for me today. 10/11 and 5/2. Singles and doubles.

Yeah Spurs are on a terrible run atm, free money

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Yeah Spurs are on a terrible run atm, free money
                                                                                          I'd def be closer to being a Spurs backer today but if Ledley isn't playing I'd leave it at current prices, the difference in goal conceeding stats with and without him is ridic. Bale also a doubt apparentely so it's one to wait on team news today.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I'd def be closer to being a Spurs backer today but if Ledley isn't playing I'd leave it at current prices, the difference in goal conceeding stats with and without him is ridic. Bale also a doubt apparentely so it's one to wait on team news today.
                                                                                            Bale is likely to play, i just feel that Stoke will be too big and strong for them, cant deny Spurs have been great so far but this may just end the run for now. I was happy to take 5/2.

Comment

Bale is likely to play, i just feel that Stoke will be too big and strong for them, cant deny Spurs have been great so far but this may just end the run for now. I was happy to take 5/2.
                                                                                              Well Spurs beat them last 3 times in the prem and Stoke have always had the same physical approach so think that's a poor reason. Kings potential absence is the biggest factor imo, people don't realise just how huge an impact he has on the side. Up to the start of the season Spurs won 74% of games with him in the side and only 33% without him during Harry's reign. This season they've conceded twice the amounts of goals without him and he's played a lot more games than he's missed. Don't think they would have thrown the Newcastle game away if he didn't go off injured at half time.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Stoke are a lay at 5/2. A draw here can easily happen. Their stats so far this season are a bit deceiving as they open their play up against the lesser teams but they are all about the defense when one of the bigger teams come visiting.

Comment

I normally would never recommed these riduculous bets but paddy is offering a good money back special on the sunderland v blackburn game.

If there are four or more goals in this game, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st /last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match.
                                                                                                  2-1 Larsson FGS 50/1.

Comment

The money is down now we will see.

Comment

2-1 sunderland! easy!

Comment

Decided to back Spurs at evens just to put my money where my mouth is. Of course Stoke are at risk of having both their fullbacks getting sent off today so a 9 man Stoke should be found wanting

Comment

Just on Overs myself.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

[QUOTE=hotspur;455657]Decided to back Spurs at evens just to put my money where my mouth is. Of course Stoke are at risk of having both their fullbacks getting sent off today so a 9 man Stoke should be found wanting [/QUOTE

I am 4/7 (2 losers only minimal) first for bets for today with only Stoke to go, total up so far in the low hundreds. It will make a nice days work if Stoke can do the business, about 400 from the double with sunderland.

Comment

Get in, will be difficult for Spurs now as Stoke look up for it!

Comment

Can't see Stoke failing to win from here with 11 men in their box. How they scored again is bizarre. Wp.

Comment

hey fonze, any chance you offered the ref a share of your millions? A lot of very dodgy decisions.

Comment

man city & juve both away enhanced

Was looking at this exact bet and then I see it pop up as a powerplay double - think it's a nice enhancement. Juventus have 6 days until their next game home to 2nd bottom of the league and I reckon Man City beat Chelsea personally
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

hey fonze, any chance you offered the ref a share of your millions? A lot of very dodgy decisions.
                                                                                                                      I agree, if I had Spurs I would be pulling my hair out. That being said I really though Stoke would benefit from not having a mid week game. Its been a good day all round after a break even weekend last weekend. Looking fwd to Chelsea tomorrow!

Comment

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerp...lip=1&#area=nh

Was looking at this exact bet and then I see it pop up as a powerplay double - think it's a nice enhancement. Juventus have 6 days until their next game home to 2nd bottom of the league and I reckon Man City beat Chelsea personally
                                                                                                                        Not impressed with this one either personally.

Comment

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/powerp...lip=1&#area=nh

Think this is worth a bet alright! Was looking to pair City up with someone so looks lik the old dogs it is

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X