No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...Hope everyone else had a better day than me...I did a 7 team accum covering the premier...5 wins, city on the way, and scousers let me down...also did it with arsenal and man city -1...could be costly them feckers...

Comment

Had a good day in the world of betting. Had chelsea, newcastle and aston villa backed all to win at 6/1. Ship it

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
        Late goal for Walsall against Huddersfield scuppered the 1st bet

The Fun bet is going well though.

Southampton---Win
        Charlton---------Win
        Southend--------Win
        Rangers---------Win
        Ross County-----Win

Now just waiting for City in the late Kick-off (5,30pm) to scoop!
        Fuck me its never easy city putting u through the mill connie, really makin hard work of it, i am waiting on them for small bet. have cardiff southampton and waiting on wolves tomorrow u should be all right with this one gl with it.
        location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
          Fuck me its never easy city putting u through the mill connie, really makin hard work of it, i am waiting on them for small bet. have cardiff southampton and waiting on wolves tomorrow u should be all right with this one gl with it.
          I do that bet on and off and in fairness, It's done pretty well for me. If I dont have a lot of time to put some study into my saturday soccer bets, I'll do an accum with all the league leaders in. I considered going with 1 more with Cowdenbeath who were leading Scotland Div 2, but they were away to east fife who had won their last 5 games. Would have turned a 25/1 accum into a 58/1 (Cowdenbeath 13/10) but hindsight is great!!!

I covered it somewhat today when I backed the draw in the City game at 4/1. I didnt bother covering in case QPR won as I couldnt see that happenning.

I fancy Wolves myself tomorrow, so I hope they do the buisness for you.

Connie

Comment

Had a few trebles on that all went south, Huddersfield, Ipswich and Wimbledon the culprits in each of the 3.
            Done a 20euro fun accum with Newcastle, Arsenal, Chelsea, Villa, waiting on Spurs and Wolves tomorrow do dig me out of the hole............
            sigpic

Comment

Gonna go for a 50 euro trixie tomorrow, Wolves, Stoke and Spurs............. fairly confident of each winning.............
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheRebelRam View Post
                Gonna go for a 50 euro trixie tomorrow, Wolves, Stoke and Spurs............. fairly confident of each winning.............
                Good luck with them, but I wouldnt thrust stoke away from home and just back from a european fixture. Also Fulhan will put it up to Spurs at craven cottage. Spurs might nick it, but I wouldnt put $'s on it.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                  I do that bet on and off and in fairness, It's done pretty well for me. If I dont have a lot of time to put some study into my saturday soccer bets, I'll do an accum with all the league leaders in. I considered going with 1 more with Cowdenbeath who were leading Scotland Div 2, but they were away to east fife who had won their last 5 games. Would have turned a 25/1 accum into a 58/1 (Cowdenbeath 13/10) but hindsight is great!!!

I covered it somewhat today when I backed the draw in the City game at 4/1. I didnt bother covering in case QPR won as I couldnt see that happenning.

I fancy Wolves myself tomorrow, so I hope they do the buisness for you.

Connie
                  Nice return Connie, wp

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                  Arsenal will win 2-0 today

I like Newcastle at 5/4 v Everton and Roma at Evs away to Novaro so a little treble on that.
                  A small win for myself as it was 5/1 for these 3 but at least they came in!

Comment

I think stoke are a big price for tomorrow, I know they have a poor form already away from home but they have had tough opposition. The one weak team they had away they beat. I think it is more how abysmal Bolton are playing, 7 of their 9 losses were by more than 1 goal. Stoke are a good side and had a good win the other night which makes the recovery a lot quicker. This is a great opportunity to get 3 points away IMO.
                    Fulham are blowing hot and cold this season and are hard to predict. Spurs are coming into the match on a 7 game unbeaten run with the only 3 teams to take points off them are the top 3 teams in the league. It will be close but I feel Spurs have the players and the skill to take this match. Should be the odd goal that will do it but I am fairly confident.
                    sigpic

Comment

Have to agree with connie stoke a bit hit and miss these days especially after playin in europe mid week and owen coyle desperate for a result.

Comment

looks like Wigan will be the threat after all!
                        sigpic

Comment

Stoke a goal down after a minute thanks to Howard Webb. The guy almost has to be a level - you couldn't be that bad by accident.

Comment

looks like Wigan will be the threat after all!
                            Not really. wolves are bad but wigan are brutal both of them deserve to be in the spots that there in imo.I dont think i will be backing wolves again any time soon. oh yeah ship ship.

Comment

Looks like my analysis was spot on as per usual
                              sigpic

Comment

Expecting alot of goals in the Fulham v Spuds game. Going with all the overs.

Over 2.5 goals. 5/6
                                Over 3.5. 7/4
                                Over 4.5. 4/1

Although Bolton are exceeding my expectations so far even though they still look poor enough, so you might want to back the 0-0.
                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                  Thinking of putting a bit on Bolton against Stoke at 6/4. Stoke have a really bad record after Europa league matches and Bolton badly need a win. Thoughts?
                                  Looking good. Bolton leading 3-0. half hour left.

Comment

Hopefully Spurs see it out in the second half now,
                                    Will be the difference between a + €450 or a -€450 weekend..............
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ziggin&Zaggin View Post
                                      newcastle win
                                      la galaxy win
                                      man u win
                                      arsenal win
                                      liverpool lose
                                      chelsea win
                                      spurs winning 2 0 half time
                                      mancity. win

E11.50 or so to win return 470 i think.

it was looking ok till the last min of 1st half of newcastle game.

had this posted in another thread yester but it was wrong 1.

Best of luck to any1 still in for weekend bets. Im sick, going out dont care about spurs result now.
                                      http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Hopefully Spurs see it out in the second half now,
                                        Will be the difference between a + €450 or a -€450 weekend..............
                                        You got some sweat out of that. Fulham definetly deserved a result there.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                          Expecting alot of goals in the Fulham v Spuds game. Going with all the overs.

Over 2.5 goals. 5/6
                                          Over 3.5. 7/4
                                          Over 4.5. 4/1

Although Bolton are exceeding my expectations so far even though they still look poor enough, so you might want to back the 0-0.
                                          Two out of three will do, feel a bit hard done by not to scoop the over 4.5 goals aswell though after watching that second half.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                            You got some sweat out of that. Fulham definetly deserved a result there.
                                            Carlsberg don't do sweats!............. phew
                                            sigpic

Comment

St Johnson, Sampdoria and Sedan for a small accum tonight I think. €20 punt.....
                                              sigpic

Comment

Anyone had a proper look at the play-offs yet?

Bosnia v Portugal
                                                Turkey v Croatia
                                                Czechs v Montenegro
                                                Estonia v Ireland

Quick glance & they all look tight enough so with that in mind a few punts on draws looks fair enough to me.

No-one will be going out to win it in the first leg.

Comment

Have a four-fold on the unders in each for the craic

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Anyone had a proper look at the play-offs yet?

Bosnia v Portugal
                                                    Turkey v Croatia
                                                    Czechs v Montenegro
                                                    Estonia v Ireland

Quick glance & they all look tight enough so with that in mind a few punts on draws looks fair enough to me.

No-one will be going out to win it in the first leg.
                                                    Have Montenegro to qualify. Czechs are really over-rated, people still judging them on past glories but this current crop are poor. Montenegro are the opposite, think they're a rising force with plenty of young talent in the side.

But agree that first legs all look tight.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Someone on the soccer forum on boards recons Portuguesa will do Sport Recife a favour tonight in Brasileiro B. Know nothing about it other than that but threw a few quid on them @ 5-1.

Opr

Comment

Good start 1-0 inside 5 minutes!

Opr

Comment

Just got on at 9/5, still a decent price one goal up

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                            Someone on the soccer forum on boards recons Portuguesa will do Sport Recife a favour tonight in Brasileiro B. Know nothing about it other than that but threw a few quid on them @ 5-1.

Opr
                                                            On the bandwagon! Where are you getting updates opr?

Comment

Best of luck, don't shoot the messenger etc

Link if you fancy watching it - http://de.justin.tv/mastertv87487586...w/2036255584/5

Flashscore also have it if you just want updates Danny - http://www.flashscore.com/

Opr

Comment

It has been all Portuguesa in the last 10 minutes. They have come close a couple of times including hitting the bar from a freekick. You can do a Raul and get off at just above evens on betfair at the moment. H/T now.

Opr

Comment

1-1 Amazing long range strike

Opr

Comment

2-1 down lads hope you hoped off.

Opr

Comment

Brazilian football really is good spectacle Some hope 2-2 with 10 minutes left.

Opr

Comment

Finished 2-2.

Opr

Comment

is the ireland draw no bet @ 4/6,too skinny for friday nights game.best price out there for a ireland win is 7/5 on boyles with the draw 11/5,
                                                                          Last edited by amberleaf; 09-11-11, 09:24.
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Chile have sent home 5 players for being out drinking before their trip to Uruguay tomorrow night. 4 of them would be regular starters. Sanchez only back from injury so won't be fully match fit either. 4/6 about Uruguay won't last much longer.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Any value in Spain 1-0 @ 5/1 and Spain 2-0 @ 7/1?

Can see England being toothless enough with the little I'd expect them to see of the ball...

Comment

Is the game on in Spain?

Comment

Nah Wembley. Rumour is that the Barca lads playing last night might not start so if I was investing I'd wait for line ups.
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Meh wouldn't bother with it myself so. Could go any way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      Nah Wembley. Rumour is that the Barca lads playing last night might not start so if I was investing I'd wait for line ups.
                                                                                      Yeah I was surprised to see Barca putting out such a strong lineup in that. If Xavi doesn't play the complexion of the whole thing changes.

Spain and Barca rely on Xaviesta enormously from a defensive POV, i.e. you can have three turkeys and a goat in your back four if the opposition never get the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                        Yeah I was surprised to see Barca putting out such a strong lineup in that. If Xavi doesn't play the complexion of the whole thing changes.

Spain and Barca rely on Xaviesta enormously from a defensive POV, i.e. you can have three turkeys and a goat in your back four if the opposition never get the ball.
                                                                                        Yeah I think Xavi is the most important player in world football, take him out of Barca and Spain and they're so much weaker, Messi obv GOAT but I still think Xavi's loss at Barca would be more significant for what he brings to them.

They have to play a certain amount of first team players in the Copa Del Ray, new rule this year I think so that the competition has some credibility.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I see.

I'd be infinitely more worried about Spain's ability to keep a clean sheet with anybody other than Xavi in the engine room, because a potential front line of Bent and Agbon have the pace to worry Spain if England have more than 20% possession.

Comment

Interesting stat from Opta that Estonia fired in the most shots on target from outside the box in Euro 2012 Qualifying & scored joint-most long range goals (7).

That's almost 50% of the goals they scored in total (15). Memory would seem to tell me Shay has rarely coughed up any long range ones for Ireland, although I don't watch all that much soccer anymore so maybe I'm not remembering very well?

If my suspicion is right I'm thinking that's a little extra lean for backing the unders.

Comment

Interesting stat from Opta that Estonia fired in the most shots on target from outside the box in Euro 2012 Qualifying & scored joint-most long range goals (7).

That's almost 50% of the goals they scored in total (15). Memory would seem to tell me Shay has rarely coughed up any long range ones for Ireland, although I don't watch all that much soccer anymore so maybe I'm not remembering very well?

If my suspicion is right I'm thinking that's a little extra lean for backing the unders.
                                                                                              Quite a valid point imo, also think its a bad sign if teams are relying on long range efforts for goals and another pointer that this Estonia side were just running good and very much overachieving. Like Wigan scored the most long range goals in the prem last season but are really struggling to find the net this season when these (lucky?) long range goals have dried up.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I'm getting good ha!

Comment

Whats the thoughts on tonight folks? PP have a money back offer on first/last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast bets if Ireland win

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                    Whats the thoughts on tonight folks? PP have a money back offer on first/last goalscorer, correct score and scorecast bets if Ireland win
                                                                                                    Made this note for my log this morning FWIW:

My note is incorrect in that they beat the Faroes 2-1 at home, but they did lose the away tie, which is really awful.

The fact that they finished 10 points behind the worst Italian team in history and only amassed a total of 16 points in a group which included the Faroes and N. Ireland (who they took six from) as well as a Serbian side that was in absolute disarray for at least half the campaign is very telling.

I was thinking to myself this morning that surely the odds are going to be skewed in a bad way for us because Irish people are surely backing Ireland heavily, but the caution and negativity even amongst my own friends about the tie is maybe indicative that people aren't putting any money down, so the odds are probably ok.

In any case, I think we'll win the tie comfortably, and with that special I'm tempted by 1-0 and 2-0 for tonight @ 9/2 & 17/2.

4/6 about Ireland DNB w/Boyles is good value as well IMO.

Comment

Uruguay 1-0 up just before HT

Comment

2-0

Comment

Uruguay 1-0 up just before HT
                                                                                                          should be 5 up, hold for the Ireland clean sheet double

Comment

Uruguay bet is looking very good

Comment

Suarez 45, 45+2

Always liked the cunt when he played for Uruguay

Comment

Suarez 45, 45+2

Always liked the cunt when he played for Uruguay
                                                                                                                he's savage, Too good for lolerpool

Comment

3-0 Hattrick for Suarez

Comment

Another for Sue-warez

Comment

Didn't get to see the game as I was on the road home to Tralee from Dublin, were Estonia as toothless as I had suspected they would be or did the red card make a big difference?

Comment

Didn't get to see the game as I was on the road home to Tralee from Dublin, were Estonia as toothless as I had suspected they would be or did the red card make a big difference?
                                                                                                                        Estonia walked all over us till the 2nd red card. Well, until the 2nd goal anyway.

Comment

Disappointed by Montenegro result tonight, drawing fairly slim for them to qualify now.

Uruguay on the other hand did the business fairly handily, my nut favourite team in world football. Think Forlan injury was a blessing in disguise as Cavani was played in a more central role where he's so much more affective. Himself and Suarez could well be the best international partnership for years to come, good to see Luis excel surrounded by quality players, hard to see him not becoming frustrated by his club situation come the end of this season.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X