Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    Liverpool play Roma in a preseason friendly tonight.

Roma side should be the fitter of the two. They've already played 3 friendlies beating Turnu Severin 2-0, Rapid Vienna 2-1, and Zaglebie Lubin 4-0 last weekend.

Liverpool have only played one match which they drew 1-1 against a poor Toronto side. It was a really threadbare side which was mostly made up of kids. 16 year old was playing on the right wing with a load of other youth squad players. Much the same players are expected to take part tonight as the senior players have only arrived back and Rodgers has said they likely won't feature - http://www.lfctour.com/news/rodgers-...r-new-arrivals

If what Rodgers is saying is true I can't see how this is priced correctly and surely Roma should be favourites tonight but are priced at 21/10 with B365.

Opr
    Isn't the Italian season kickoff somewhat later in the year than the EPL?
    Also, would love to know the teams Roma put out for those 3 games for comparison.
    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
      Isn't the Italian season kickoff somewhat later in the year than the EPL?
      Also, would love to know the teams Roma put out for those 3 games for comparison.
      Italian season begins at the end of August. De Rossi and Kjær are the only players from Roma I can think who played at the Euro's?

Match reports here with teams - http://www.asroma.it/en/news/news.html?id=5892

The last match looks a near full strength squad?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

The last match looks a near full strength squad?

Opr
        So it does.

No idea why I am trying to defend Liverpool!
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ship it. Roma 2 - 1 Liverpool.

Opr

Comment

Feyenoord -V- Dynamo Kiev

Overs @ 1.98 is a cracking bet here I reckon. This game last week was really end to end and if it wasn't for the Feyenoord keeper the tie would be over. Kiev look like a cracking side on the counter attack and will want to grab an early away. The tie is beautifully poised at 2-1. Goals galore here tomorrow.

Comment

Been looking at Season bets this weekend and the "most assists" market is interesting me. Now people may say im blinkered being a Liverpool fan but Suarez at 40/1 is outstanding value. 1/4 odds 4 places on Boylesports. Last season Silva won it with 15 and is rightly the 10/1 fav.

Comment

If anyone spots any decent offers for the Prem throw them in here, there's always a few.

Betdaq are 0% commission on all match markets for all prem matches in the opening weekend. Savage offer, impossible for anyone to better that surely?
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                  Been looking at Season bets this weekend and the "most assists" market is interesting me. Now people may say im blinkered being a Liverpool fan but Suarez at 40/1 is outstanding value. 1/4 odds 4 places on Boylesports. Last season Silva won it with 15 and is rightly the 10/1 fav.
                  yeah but who is going to pass it to that can actually score a goal ?

Comment

€100 on Aguero/Rooney @ 8/1, RVP @ 9/1 and Torres @ 10/1

€400 risked and minimum €400 profit, max €600 if any of them top the goalscorer charts? Could even take a piece of Tevez/Suarez @ 16/1 to offset some more variance.

Anyone like?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

€400 risked and minimum €400 profit, max €600 if any of them top the goalscorer charts? Could even take a piece of Tevez/Suarez @ 16/1 to offset some more variance.

Anyone like?
                      Whats Arsenal's starting Front 6 likely to be?

Also - Wenger 50/1 to be next manager to go?
                      Last edited by Dice75; 15-08-12, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

Anyone like?
                        I'd get some on Tevez anyway. I've backed him & City @ 20s.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          Whats Arsenal's starting Front 6 likely to be?

Also - Wenger 50/1 to be next manager to go?
                          I reckon Cazorla, Ramsey, Arteta, Walcott, Podolski, Giroud with a few others thrown in the mix

Comment

Liverpool are a lay today imo!
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Blackburn at 7/4 against Ipswich, thoughts? Cant think of many they lost bar Hoillet and have been very busy adding the likes of Danny Murphy, Nuno Gomez and Leon Best. Think they will go close this season if the pantomine surrounding them subsides.

Comment

Chelsea are the team I'm most uncertain about this season, obv so much depends on Fernando up front, would it be safer to assume he'll continue to stuggle(relative to Torres of old) or has his few important goals for Chelsea late in the season/decent Euros for Spain helped him turn the corner? His form could be the difference in challenging for the title or struggling for Europe if they don't sign another key striker.
                                Also pretty uncertain about their signings, would have added a CB personally. Don't think Hazard is guaranteed to succeed, would also have my reserves about RDM as manager.

Was gonna take them on against Wigan today but can't quite pull the trigger. Thoughts on the game??
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Dodged a bullet here lol!
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Decided to do Chelsea -1 today, thought 4/6 on them to win outright was really good and -1 at 17/10 was good hopefully they hold on now!
                                    Also done City -1 and Chelsea to win in a double so maybe 2-0 wins for both teams, I'd be happy with that!

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                      Decided to do Chelsea -1 today, thought 4/6 on them to win outright was really good and -1 at 17/10 was good hopefully they hold on now!
                                      Also done City -1 and Chelsea to win in a double so maybe 2-0 wins for both teams, I'd be happy with that!
                                      Your bet deserves to be a loser for that sort of aftertiming!
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                        You must have been drooling at the 1.86 so.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                          You must have been drooling at the 1.86 so.
                                          Just had cash on boyles didn't shop around

Comment

Not a big fan of punting big on first day of season so just went for chelsea, man u double 4/6 10/11 chelsea solid enough today and i think if everton start as slow as they usually do united could win easy enough, plus they are minus tim cahill jack rothwell.
                                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Is this like the great football after timing thread on boards ?
                                              Last edited by Trigger; 19-08-12, 16:12.

Comment

?????

Comment

Can't see why Ladbrokes have the NO side of both teams to score in tonights game at 11/10. Both teams failed to score in 12 out of 19 United away games last season, similar with the majority of Everton home games despite it being the highest scoring season of Prem history. Fergie tends to go more conservative on the road and wouldn't be as attacking as at Old Trafford, they've a few CB worries tonight, but Vidic is back so think the mean stregnth of the defence tonight will be better than last year simply because he's so superior to any other United defender.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Can't see why Ladbrokes have the NO side of both teams to score in tonights game at 11/10. Both teams failed to score in 12 out of 19 United away games last season, similar with the majority of Everton home games despite it being the highest scoring season of Prem history. Fergie tends to go more conservative on the road and wouldn't be as attacking as at Old Trafford, they've a few CB worries tonight, but Vidic is back so think the mean stregnth of the defence tonight will be better than last year simply because he's so superior to any other United defender.

With city and Chelsea both winning he could possibly go for it a bit more. Also with Kawaga an d RVP I'd expect them to be more naturally adventurous.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                      With city and Chelsea both winning he could possibly go for it a bit more. Also with Kawaga an d RVP I'd expect them to be more naturally adventurous.
                                                      I thought the same, I think they will have a point to prove after falling apart against Everton last season, went Utd to win and Utd -1

Comment

going to have a punt on helsingborg tonight. celtics away form in europe has been terrible in recent seasons and i can see it continuing. worst team they have had in long time too.

Comment

Pinnacle a little bigger than 7/2 (4.6) on Real Madrid to beat Barcalona in the first leg of the spainish super cup on Thursday. I likey, think Real really got over a psychological hurdle beating them in the Camp Neu last season to more or less clinch the title. Had a fairly shocking head to head record before that in recent years. Mou teams only get stronger the longer he stays too imo.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Considering putting a rather large bet on a qpr reading double this weekend - anyone want to chime in with some advice/stats/words of wisdom?
                                                            The double is ~27/2

*I did put Sunderland 2-0 in the predictions thing when I was drunk last week is my main hesitation.
                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Notts County @ 4/5 at home to Walsall. 2 wins out of 2 so far for Notts Co. and Walsall have had 2 defeats.

Oxford @ 5/6 at home to Plymouth, for the same reasons as above.

Double just under 5/2

Comment

Notts County @ 4/5 at home to Walsall. 2 wins out of 2 so far for Notts Co. and Walsall have had 2 defeats.

Double just under 5/2
                                                                good enough for me!! All aboard
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Double just under 5/2
                                                                  Could only manage 2.03 with William Hill

Comment

Had a free 7.50 off Ladbrokes so threw a treble on Dortmun, Swansea and Utd. On to make a whopping 35 euros.

Comment

FO Notts Co

Comment

Anything >evs on the +2 handicap about Osasuna at home to Barca should be taken this evening. Osasuna always boast at good home record every season, Barca only beaten them there twice in the last seven seasons and are coming of an typically competitive Classico on Thursday night, may even rest a few with the 2nd leg to come.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Norwich vs Scunthorpe league cup tonight

Since 1996 we have won a grand total of 2 matches in this comp.
                                                                          For each if the last 6 years we have lost 1st match to lower league side.
                                                                          We have made 11 changes from team that started vs qpr last weekend.
                                                                          Not saying we will lose tonight but we are 4/11 and Scunthorpe would not be the worst 7/1 ive ever seen.

Comment

Like Sunderland 3.65 against the Swans tomorrow!
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Like Sunderland 3.65 against the Swans tomorrow!
                                                                              What do you think about Plymouth tomorrow? Northampton travel there tomorrow 250 miles each way after they played Wolves in the cup last night.

Comment

Nice after last weeks heartbreak, remember we had a similar situation with Sheff Wed iirc last season.

Comment

Just came across the "assists" market on Boylesports, they have Hazard priced up at 5/2 anytime tomorrow against QPR...... lumpage?

Comment

Mallorca are 12/5 ( StanJames) away to Osasuna tonight.

Mallorca are 4th in the table with 2 wins and a draw from their opening 3 games.

Osasuna are rock bottom with 3 losses and have scored only 1 goal.

Comment

Everton price getting ploughed into here, can't be having them at 1.57.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Everton price getting ploughed into here, can't be having them at 1.57.
                                                                                        on at 191 , hold plss

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                          on at 191 , hold plss
                                                                                          Had to lay em but not happy about it!
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Had to lay em but not happy about it!
                                                                                            serious drift alright, couldnt be bad opposing the end of it I guess

Comment

sweating the draw here, everton should have been out of site in first half, newcastle pretty decent second half, how did the lineo not spot that it was over the line, will be a miracle if i hold here. lol

Comment

Had baines to score first and 1-1 66 to 1 sick

Comment

Expecting a big backlash from United tonight after last seasons woes in Europe, fairly nice fixture to banish the demons, Turkish teams are lol bad travelers in Europe. Galatasary while getting results have been conceeding plenty of late, two or more goals shipped in three of their last 5 games against teams nowhere near the attacking quality that they'll face tonight. Like the laddies 6/5 about home team to score +2.5 here.
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

just saw pp are offering new account special on city and utd @ 7/1 (50 max)know nothing about football,would it be worth sending Uncle Mick down to take advantage of this?
                                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

if your talking about the games this weekend then i dont think so.. man city have a poor defensive record and liverpool, who knows what team will turn up.. liverpools record at home against utd is pretty good..

Comment

Hi all,
                                                                                                        1st time poster in here but just thought id throw out my 2 cents .
                                                                                                        Blackpool v Huddersfield.
                                                                                                        Im on Blackpool half time full time
                                                                                                        Blackpool -1
                                                                                                        Thomas Ince 1st goal scorer.
                                                                                                        Blackpool fully fit squad and are really playin well this season .
                                                                                                        Can definetly see 2/3 of these bets coming in !
                                                                                                        PB

Comment

huddersfield pulled it out of the bag last night.. half time win and full time win to.

Comment

Still some 6-1 available on Newcastle in the league cup. Hard to know though how seriously Newcastle will take it? United are putting out a second string. Ferguson - "I have players who need games & those are the guys I'll be selecting for tonight's match." Does anyone know how strong a side Newcastle are expected to put out?

I won't be backing anything in this one but for anyone interested one of the journo's on twitter sent this to everyone instead of a DM and then quickly deleted it.

"Not for printing or divulging! Jones: Wisdom, Carra, Wilson, Robinson: Henderson, Sahin, Assaidi: Pacheco, Yesil, Downing. Pile on to West Brom."

Opr

Comment

Liverpool have to be for taking on again today at about 1/2. Home record has been pretty tragic this last ~12 months, constantly getting turned over at odds on, but people plough in regardless every week. I'm sure their home win rate will improve in time but you can't get off the gravy train when at full steam. Stoke have a decent Prem record against Pool too, as they do against any prem teams that try play the right way like Spurs, Arsenal and Swansea, Pulis seems to get it tactically right more often than not against these sides. Pool also gave a couple of regs a run out against Udinese on Thursday, never an easy turnover after late week Europa league ties, something that actually really affected Stoke last season.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Few quid gone on Dortmund at home to Madrid later @ 5/2

Bad idea?

Comment

Was looking at the championship games this weekend 2 days ago and thought Middlesbrough at 7/5 was great odds and was going to lump but completely forgot. Come online now and they are 17/10!!! Anyone know why they are driftingso much?
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

pushed out by 1/10 is nothing significant

Comment

Was gonna leave Liverpool alone tonight, but can't not oppose them after fairly massive price shift!
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                                                                        pushed out by 1/10 is nothing significant
                                                                                                                        Pretty sure 7/5 to 17/10 is 3/10's of a move. I was only posting as I expected them to go close to evens and was wondering if anyone on here who follows the championship could give me their opinion if the bet is value, not so much about how many tenths it has drifted

I know dougie freedman has left palace to take over but wanted to know more. Have backed them for big enough bucks now anyway as theyre only going in and can lay if I lose confidence. Come on da Boro!
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Weekend fancies?? Haven't had a chance to look at championship yet but ill be lumping on stoke, even money at home to Sunderland

Also very tempted to include Everton 13/8 at home to Liverpool

And to make it a treble, over 2.5 goals in the Chelsea united game

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X