Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
    Thinking of lumpage on united tonight. Any reason not to?
    Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
    Benfica in decent form at home this season, scoring a good amount of goals too but 11/10 with VC for United seems like value to me. Would have them odds on myself.
    United will be trying hard to win these first 4 games so they can field skeleton teams in the last few to give guys a rest.

11/10 is bank job material

Comment

Real/City Double.

Over 3.5 goals in the City v Napoli@15/8.

Might do Lavezzi anytime booking, he tilts like crazy man when things ain't going his way.
      Last edited by The Situation; 14-09-11, 17:30.
      Profit before people.

Comment

I made a nice few quid last season with napoli on the overs but that was against teams that didnt defend as well as city and they are also a decent team so should have enough possession that it will be difficult for city to score 3+.

I like the Real/City Double but at the price Silva, Aguero and Dzeko would have to start for city and Ronaldo for Real.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
          I made a nice few quid last season with napoli on the overs but that was against teams that didnt defend as well as city and they are also a decent team so should have enough possession that it will be difficult for city to score 3+.

I like the Real/City Double but at the price Silva, Aguero and Dzeko would have to start for city and Ronaldo for Real.
          Manchester City v Napoli: Hart; Zabaleta, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov; Y Toure, Barry; Silva, Aguero, Nasri; Dzeko

Napoli XI vs Man City: De Sanctis; Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica; Zuniga, Gargano, Inler, Dossena; Hamsik, Lavezzi; Cavani

Comment

Kolarov v Clichy could be the difference in the overs market. Kolarov does not track back enough for my liking in a team that is already playing much more offensively this year than last. I always avoid the over/under market in these sort of games.

Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani have a great understanding with eachother and will provide a great game to watch.
            Last edited by CheckRaise; 14-09-11, 18:15.

Comment

Kolarov v Clichy could be the difference in the overs market. Kolarov does not track back enough for my liking in a team that is already playing much more offensively this year than last. I always avoid the over/under market in these sort of games.

Hamsik, Lavezzi and Cavani have a great understanding with eachother and will provide a great game to watch.

Should be a cracker alright. Really like Napoli team but they were so phychologically weak against the big sides in Serie A last season, completely rolled over against Milan when push came to shove near the end of the season. Defence is pretty weak, and City obv have more than enough firepower to hurt them. Also a massive class difference between the top Prem teams and top Serie A sides, easy to forget this when their hasn't been CL games in a few months. High scoring win for City IMO.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Come on Benfica! BOOOM
                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                  Come on Benfica! BOOOM
                  BOOOOOOOOOOOM

Comment

Hmmm bad night. Think I was unlucky with the overs what with the 3 crossbars and clearance off the line. Napoli were very impressive. Inler seems to have giving them some much needed bite in cm. City probably a little below par. Should be a fascinating group.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Just a heads up lads, Spurs have basically sent a reserve team to Greece for their game later. PAOK available at 19/10...
                      Profit before people.

Comment

What price do you have PAOK at?

Comment

Taking Atletico -1 at 11/10 against Celtic. Strongish team against a Celtic team with a few injuries and also resting a few players with an eye on Rangers at the weekend.

Atlético : Courtois, Godín, A. López, Perea, Miranda, M. Suárez, Turan, Gabi, Koke, Falcao, Diego

Celtic XI v Atletico: Forster; M Wilson, Loovens, K Wilson, Mulgrew; Forrest; Ki, Kayal, Ledley, Samaras; Hooper

Opr

Comment

Atletico 2 - 0 Celtic

Opr

Comment

Can't see why Everton are so short today. Don't like it but @1.53 they're definitely a lay. Wigan have only lost 9 of their last 21 away games, they were a top half team last year on away form. Everton have won less than half of their home games in that time and usually are very slow starters in the premiership but usually come good after Christmas. Vibes coming out of the club are very dodgy too, Moyes giving some shockingly negative interviews of late, looks fed up at the lack of money available to strengthen.

Having a good season football betting until an abysmal midweek of European football so hoping to get back on track today.
                              Last edited by The Situation; 17-09-11, 13:30.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Can't see why Everton are so short today. Don't like it but @1.58 they're definitely a lay. Wigan have only lost 9 of their last 21 away games, they were a top half team last year on away form. Everton have won less than half of their home games in that time and usually are very slow starters in the premiership but usually come good after Christmas. Vibes coming out of the club are very dodgy too, Moyes giving some shockingly negative interviews of late, looks fed up at the lack of money available to strengthen.

Having a good season football betting until an abysmal midweek of European football so hoping to get back on track today.
                                Villa look a bet today

Comment

g'wan the promoted teams.

sticking with a couple of unders in the Scandinavian games this weekend.

Comment

Australia v Ireland
                                    17th of Sep 2011 09:30 am
                                    Handicap Betting
                                    Ireland (+11.0) @ 11/10
                                    Win

Premier League Matches
                                    Man Utd v Chelsea
                                    Handicap Betting
                                    Man Utd (-1.0) @ 23/10
                                    Pending

Total Stake €25.00

EUR 20.00 Australia vs Ireland Handicap betting Ireland +12.0 evens
                                    15:40 Race winner Deacon Blues 7/4
                                    14:30 Race winner Caspar Netscher 15/8
                                    Manchester Utd vs Chelsea Handicap - Manchester Utd (-1) Manchester Utd (-1) 11/5
                                    Treble (To win) 1 EUR 40.00 15:40 Race winner Deacon Blues 7/4
                                    Manchester Utd vs Chelsea Handicap - Manchester Utd (-1) Manchester Utd (-1) 11/5
                                    Australia vs Ireland Handicap betting Ireland +12.0 evens

................................................
                                    for about 2k, come on Manu!!!!!

Comment

The Chelsea lineup looks fairly attack minded, as poor as he's been Torres likes playing against United. 9/1 first goalscorer and 3/1 anytime. Biggest prices you're ever likely to see for Torres to score.
                                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                        The Chelsea lineup looks fairly attack minded, as poor as he's been Torres likes playing against United. 9/1 first goalscorer and 3/1 anytime. Biggest prices you're ever likely to see for Torres to score.
                                        Nice one Danny, he looked good in midweek and better again today. Benefiting from playing with Mata and Sturridge

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                          Nice one Danny, he looked good in midweek and better again today. Benefiting from playing with Mata and Sturridge
                                          Yeah, he's put in a good shift today. Mata looks to be a great foil for him.

Edit: Right after posting he misses an open goal, he should have had a hatrick today.
                                          Last edited by dannydiamond; 18-09-11, 16:41.

Comment

Brighton V Leeds - Backing over 2.5 @ 1.8

Watched Brighton against Liverpool and they like to play open attacking football. Leeds last seven games have ended over 2.5.

Opr

Comment

Turned out to be a few goals in the game.

Brighton 3 - 3 Leeds (FT)

Opr

Comment

good tip

Comment

West Brom -1 imo

Fulham missing players and West Brom playing much better than their points/position imply.

Comment

like unders stoke game
                                                    11/10 and hasnt moved considering Rio starts, Rooney doesnt and how stoke will line out. I expected it to be a decent odds on
                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Opposing some la liga sides with dire away records.

Grenada 6/5 v Osasuna
                                                      Levante 6/5 v Espanyol

2 home win singles imo. The away sides have lost ~70% or more of their last 20 away games.

On unders in

Siena v Lecce (4/5)
                                                      QPR v Villa (1.75)

The way I've been running of late, expect 4 losers here.
                                                      Last edited by The Situation; 25-09-11, 10:17.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Opposing some la liga sides with dire away records.

Grenada 6/5 v Osasuna 1-1
                                                        Levante 6/5 v Espanyol. 3-1

2 home win singles imo. The away sides have lost ~70% or more of their last 20 away games.

On unders in

Siena v Lecce (4/5) 3-0
                                                        QPR v Villa (1.75) 1-1

The way I've been running of late, expect 4 losers here.
                                                        2 winners, two losers, breakeven mehness.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

City @ 4/1 away to Bayern tonight. Tough place to go and City could go play for the draw but that price seems a tad bit generous to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                            City @ 4/1 away to Bayern tonight. Tough place to go and City could go play for the draw but that price seems a tad bit generous to me!
                                                            I expect them to very cautious but as you say the price just seems too big to turn down given the fire power they have to create from nothing.

Opr

Comment

Really liking the look of draws in these 3 games. Can't see a winner in any of them (Maybe Porto but i still like a draw) Might have a little flutter on the treble and 3 doubles

Trabzonspor v Lille @ 11/5
                                                              Zenit St P v Porto @ 9/4
                                                              Valencia v Chelsea @ 9/4

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think Dortmund are a decent price @ 15/8 away to Marseille who've only won once this season, and i might have an outside bet on Genk @ 9/1 away to Leverkusen who are on the back of a 4-1 home defeat to Cologne and a 3-0 away defeat to Bayern

Comment

De Gea; Evra Jones Rio Fabio; Young Carrick Anderson Giggs; Valencia Welbeck - Utd team

throw a 5er on Anderson 20/1 fg

Giggs 11/1 worth a punt too

EDIT - wow Giggs gone into 9/1 already
                                                                Last edited by KevIRL; 27-09-11, 17:59.

Comment

Valencia is turning into John O Shea although I don't think O Shea ever played up front

Comment

Like the Dortmund shout for tomorrow.

Dont think unders market has adjusted enough for lack of Rooney/ Hernandez in United Basel game. 9 out of Uniteds last 14 European games have ended under 2.5 too. Unders trading about 2.6 on the machine.

Really looking forward to City Bayern game, should be high quality.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                                                                      Valencia is turning into John O Shea although I don't think O Shea ever played up front
                                                                      He was well able to score a goal though.

Dont think Valencia will ever be as good a keeper as Josh though

Comment

Kinda like Napoli tonite. Thinking of wetting my beak.

Comment

Giggs now 7/1...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            Really liking the look of draws in these 3 games. Can't see a winner in any of them (Maybe Porto but i still like a draw) Might have a little flutter on the treble and 3 doubles

Trabzonspor v Lille @ 11/5
                                                                            Zenit St P v Porto @ 9/4
                                                                            Valencia v Chelsea @ 9/4

--------------------------------------------------------------

I think Dortmund are a decent price @ 15/8 away to Marseille who've only won once this season, and i might have an outside bet on Genk @ 9/1 away to Leverkusen who are on the back of a 4-1 home defeat to Cologne and a 3-0 away defeat to Bayern
                                                                            Part 1 of the Trixie up with Trabzonspor and Lille drawing last night, so should have a little sweat with the other 2 games tonight. Very hard to watch a game hoping for a draw so just going to tilt myself by watching Arsenal as usual

Edit - Zenit and Porto 1-1 at Half-Time so we'll take that too. Porto just gone down to 10 men so i reckon they'll be trying to protect the point which gives Zenit all the edge

ughh, which they take to go 3-1 up
                                                                            Last edited by Flushdraw; 28-09-11, 17:36.

Comment

William Hill punter wins £101,200 on Scottish Cup accumulator bet

Comment

Gonna put on a treble tomorrow for the weekend with the 10% extra thing on laddies, want opinions as I haven't had much internet recently and there could be injuries etc I have no idea about

I want to bet
                                                                                chelsea, celtic and west ham. They are all away and a treble is only ~9/2. Opinions truly appreciated please, and ty
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                  Gonna put on a treble tomorrow for the weekend with the 10% extra thing on laddies, want opinions as I haven't had much internet recently and there could be injuries etc I have no idea about

I want to bet
                                                                                  chelsea, celtic and west ham. They are all away and a treble is only ~9/2. Opinions truly appreciated please, and ty
                                                                                  Chelsea fine, Celtic...not certain but should win. West Ham though is a dodgy one. Were poor when beaten at home last week and Palace had an impressive win away to Brighton who are 4th in the table...wouldn't be betting on a hammers win here at all.

RWC & Club GAA is where the moneys at Dougie..
                                                                                  "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

To relieve the tilt of losing my balls last night in cash game as well as losing any chance of making the ipo
                                                                                    €200 treble on west ham chelsea celtic
                                                                                    €25 on carroll @7-1 to score first was made yesterday with money back if suarez scores first or last, half time now at 0-0 so hopefully that comes in
                                                                                    then €100 treble which is undecided just yet, going to be valencia and other teams anyway, derby are a great price imo. 4/1 and joint top of the league - definitely have to put some trixie on including them
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      To relieve the tilt of losing my balls last night in cash game as well as losing any chance of making the ipo
                                                                                      €200 treble on west ham chelsea celtic
                                                                                      €25 on carroll @7-1 to score first was made yesterday with money back if suarez scores first or last, half time now at 0-0 so hopefully that comes in
                                                                                      then €100 treble which is undecided just yet, going to be valencia and other teams anyway, derby are a great price imo. 4/1 and joint top of the league - definitely have to put some trixie on including them
                                                                                      i think preston is a good bet away from home today

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                                                                        very nice message to come back and read when I picked them as my 3rd team! . Playing bottom of the league and just below even money,

also have put a fun auld trixie on wigan derby arsenal trixie as well as blackpool being involved in some bets. Bets done for weekend now

p.s. I knew carroll would score this week, instead I bring in anelka into fantasy footie... .bleh

edit: just found a slip with carroll best and aguero anytime goalscorers, only €5 on it but 50 back would be cooooool
                                                                                        another edit: just realise I have a €20 chesterfield(must have been a mistake as I have NO IDEA), preston and peterborough treble as well as a €25 trixie on derby hartlepool preston. I have no recollection of doing these, I need more sleep
                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 01-10-11, 14:23.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                                                                                          FML 2-1 down at half time
                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

as are west ham, gg bankroll - was fun while it lasted
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Considering Spurs Arsenal games have been goal fests last few years and the fact they will both line out with attacking teams today I expect the same. Overs/unders market seems to have compensated for this but there's definite value in the anytime goal scorer. I like van der Vaart 5/2 and van Persie 2/1(both boyles).

Van der vaart scored 15 goals in 36(42%) games last season, boyles say he's a 29% chance today in a game where plenty goals are predicted. He seemed to struggle for goals without Crouchy but now that Adeybayor is there to provide similar knock downs it think he's filled that void.

Van persie has scored 21 in his last 31 prem games(67%), also more of them where away from home. Boyles think he's a 33% chance at 2/1 today.

Both players scored more than once in some games in those samples so there's obv not as huge value as difference in % suggest but those prices are still too big imo, again baring in mind the high likelihood of goals.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Considering Spurs Arsenal games have been goal fests last few years and the fact they will both line out with attacking teams today I expect the same. Overs/unders market seems to have compensated for this but there's definite value in the anytime goal scorer. I like van der Vaart 5/2 and van Persie 2/1(both boyles).

Van der vaart scored 15 goals in 36(42%) games last season, boyles say he's a 29% chance today in a game where plenty goals are predicted. He seemed to struggle for goals without Crouchy but now that Adeybayor is there to provide similar knock downs it think he's filled that void.

Van persie has scored 21 in his last 31 prem games(67%), also more of them where away from home. Boyles think he's a 33% chance at 2/1 today.

Both players scored more than once in some games in those samples so there's obv not as huge value as difference in % suggest but those prices are still too big imo, again baring in mind the high likelihood of goals.
                                                                                                Arsenal to win or draw with 3 or more goals in the game @9/4? Opinions?

Comment

Hmmm Adebayor to score anytime is 6/4. Adebayor to score anytime and celebrate by kissing the Spurs badge is 10/1. Seems like a shoe'in for him!

Comment

Arsenal to win or draw with 3 or more goals in the game @9/4? Opinions?
                                                                                                    Fancy Spurs tbh. They're starting to look settled again after all the transfer window speculation that seemed to harm onfield performances. The Sandro Modric Parker midfield combo looks really strong, and Adeybayor as you know when his head is in the right place is very dangerous, could be disruptive down the road but seems fine at the moment.

But if you fancy Arsenal, them+ goals is the way to go probably.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Hmmm Adebayor to score anytime is 6/4. Adebayor to score anytime and celebrate by kissing the Spurs badge is 10/1. Seems like a shoe'in for him!
                                                                                                      PP have a money back offer if Adebeyor scores anytime.

Comment

Think Engerland are a lay tonight at ~1.8, or alternatevely Montenegro +1 or whatever bet that has the end results of England not winning. They only need a draw tonight to top the group. Montenegro have only lost 1 competetive home game since they came into existence and have their best player Jovetić back tonight whose been injured for over a year. They do have a new manager though which does throw a slight unknown into the equation but still think England are a tad short.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Holland -2 v Moldova @ 1/2
                                                                                                          Ireland to win to nil @ 4/9

Works out about 6/5 for the double. Any love for this?

Comment

Drogheda United to win (versus Galway Utd) and 5 or more total goals in the match

5/1 with Paddy Power

Comment

Drogheda United to win (versus Galway Utd) and 5 or more total goals in the match

5/1 with Paddy Power
                                                                                                              Friend of mine (Ryan Brennan) whos on their squad said tthat match will be a ridiculous goalfest. queue 1-0

Comment

I'll be delighted to be wrong but 4/1 or>>> looks too big about Armenia tomorrow. Trap has been quite affective at getting results and on paper our form looks solid enough especially defensively, but in reality in the recent games against Slovakia and particularly in Russia we rode our luck and deserved to lose both games but for a combo of resiliance and a whole pile of run good. Also Cox and Doyle starting up front isn't exactly inspiring. One is sitting in reserves at West Brom and Doyle imo has been below par this season.

Armenians confidence has to be sky high, they're coming in as big underdogs and so the team talk shouldn't exactly be difficult as they've nothing to lose really because they were never expected to be in this position, and even if they lose this campaign will be seen as massive progress from their POV. All the pressure is on us.

If we win/draw happy days but a nice payday will soothe the blow if they turn us over.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

There looks to be an error on Bwin site.

They are offering Doyle @ 28/1 for the first goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                                                                    There looks to be an error on Bwin site.

They are offering Doyle @ 28/1 for the first goal.
                                                                                                                    Wow, well spotted. They have him 100/1 to twice or more.

Comment

5/1 now going by oddschecker.

Comment

If he does score first it'll be 1/1000 that they'll actually get the 28/1 that was on offer!

I've lumped on unders for what it's worth.

Comment

Think i'll go for Hungary , Holland and Armenia

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X