Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
    tossed a coin between poulter and westwood for my bet. Fml. Come on choi!
    you should have made it best of three

Comment

Michelson tearing it up. -4 through 7

The Funk also doing very well. Was -6 through 13 but after dropping one.

With Rollins also up there, i'm hopeful of making some money!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
        tossed a coin between poulter and westwood for my bet. Fml. Come on choi!
        hate that, you can spend hours boiling down a bet and the last lad you drop is the one

then again maybe you should have put the coin on westwood

Comment

Tiger after withdrawing apparently.

Comment

Bmw pga championship

Gentlemen.

What our your thoughts on this weeks fine event?

I'm thinking Kaymer and Gmac as the each ways. Whats everyones thoughts on the odds. A few players are very skinny imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Gentlemen.

What our your thoughts on this weeks fine event?

I'm thinking Kaymer and Gmac as the each ways. Whats everyones thoughts on the odds. A few players are very skinny imo.
              waiting til the weekend, huge changes on the course so proven form on it, not as big a factor as usual round here I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                waiting til the weekend, huge changes on the course so proven form on it, not as big a factor as usual round here I'd say.
                Indeed. The course looks amazing. I was always sick of looking at Wentworth twice a year but now that its only down to once and they've made the changes I'm really looking forward to it. Els made the changes but surely he's tired. A grueling 36 on Sunday followed by a slight delay i believe getting home due to the ash cloud. The new 18th looks the business. Like a few have said you can forget the famous 3,3,3 finish.

Comment

I reckon Els will win in a canter , I backed Scott for the playrs and the fecker won the weekend. Ernie is simmering and I reckon will take all the beating. Obviously Westwood to follow him home, Is there a forecast market ?

Comment

I know they dont usually go low two rounds in a row but I think I'll have the 4s available on Karlsson

Comment

I know they dont usually go low two rounds in a row but I think I'll have the 4s available on Karlsson
                      hope ur right
                      have him and mcdowell backed from start

Comment

Certainly wouldn't put you off that, both himself and Wood have improved every round and his round yesterday was out of this world.
                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                          hope ur right
                          have him and mcdowell backed from start
                          Snap
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry lads, looks like i put the kiss of death on him, I'd really stop a train atm.

Comment

painful

maybe o hair can lift the mood in the byron

Comment

Jeebus Leishman is on fire.

I hope one of our regular golf posters is on him because he will be one sick puppy if he isn't and Leishman does it.
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                  Jeebus Leishman is on fire.

I hope one of our regular golf posters is on him because he will be one sick puppy if he isn't and Leishman does it.
                                  kiss of death! from the eagle eye

Comment

last 2 weeks ive backed the winner the week before he won
                                    & not stayed with him the following week!

Comment

Was on Van Pelt and Perry all last week. I was confident for a at least a place out of one of them as they had played beautifully all week long. Obv i didn't even get a sweat. Van pelt is on serious form. In his last 5 event he has 3 top 5s and 1 top 10 plus he finished 2nd in qualifying for the open. He's pushing for a ryder cup place. I'll have him and perry again this week. Also KJ, he won this before and is still showing that bit of form. I'll also back Tiger for the US Open this week. Just incase he decides to wake up at Memorial this week.

Comment

Was on Van Pelt and Perry all last week. I was confident for a at least a place out of one of them as they had played beautifully all week long. Obv i didn't even get a sweat. Van pelt is on serious form. In his last 5 event he has 3 top 5s and 1 top 10 plus he finished 2nd in qualifying for the open. He's pushing for a ryder cup place. I'll have him and perry again this week. Also KJ, he won this before and is still showing that bit of form. I'll also back Tiger for the US Open this week. Just incase he decides to wake up at Memorial this week.
                                        After all that i dropped BVP for furyk.
                                        Some of the stats from the PGA site....

JIM FURYK. Last year's runner-up at the Memorial Tournament, Furyk returns with 2010 wins already under his belt. He's won Jack's event once (2002) and has 10 top-25 finishes in 14 starts.

K.J. CHOI. Has produced an amazingly consistent season, rising to 15th in the FedExCup standings after a T13 at Colonial, where he was one disastrous hole (quadruple bogey on 18 Saturday) away from contending. Strong Memorial record, where he won in '07.

MATT KUCHAR. He's been sniffing around the top of the leaderboard all year, with nine top 25s in 14 starts. And he loves Muirfield Village, finishing T13 or better in the last three years.

ERNIE ELS. How did he fall all the way to No. 6 in our draft? He's already won twice this year, plus Els has only missed the cut once in 16 starts at Muirfield Village, where he won in 2004 and has nine top-15 finishes.

JEFF OVERTON. There wasn't exactly a treasure trove of players to pick from, but I like players with momentum and that's what he has with three top-3 finishes in his last five starts. Another reason: He hits it long (and reasonably straight) and makes putts

TIGER WOODS. He's a wildcard for sure, but Muirfield Village should be a comfort zone for the four-time champ -- as Augusta was earlier this season, where despite everything going on he finished T4.

Comment

the Kid is ready to pop

Comment

oglivy looked to be back in form last sunday
                                            had a decent bet on him for the memorial also backed him for the top 5 and 10 markets
                                            also doubled him wth soren hanson for celtic manor
                                            going to vegas if i click

Comment

After all that i dropped BVP for furyk.
                                              I'll talk to you guys in a while.

Comment

Draw out for next week

from europeantour.com
                                                European Number One Lee Westwood and three-time Major Champion Ernie Els will line-up alongside World Number One Tiger Woods for the first two rounds of the US Open.

Westwood, with two thirds and a second in the last three Majors, and double US Open Champion Els, already a two-time winner in America this season, have been drawn alongside Woods, who won the last US Open to be held at Pebble Beach Golf Links by a staggering 15 strokes. This headline group will tee-off at 1.36pm in California next Thursday.

Padraig Harrington, looking to add the US Open to his two Open titles and US PGA title, has been drawn with the last two Major winners, Masters Champion Phil Mickelson and US PGA Champion YE Yang, the first Asian winner of a Major. Their US Open will get underway at 8.06am in little under a week.

Mickelson could overhaul Woods as World Number One if results go his way. In a nutshell, Mickelson wins and he’s the new World Number One. He can still overtake Woods with second place if Woods finishes outside the top four and if Woods is outside the top 18, third place on his own would be good enough for the left-hander.

Another intriguing group pits two of the most exiting young players in the world today with golf’s grand Master as Japan’s teenage sensation Ryo Ishikawa and Northern Ireland’s Rory McIlroy, who recently turned 21, will play with Tom Watson, himself a winner at Pebble Beach in 1983.

A record 59 European Tour Members are taking part in the 2010 US Open, four more than the previous record from last year. To see when they are all playing and in what group, follow the link below
                                                Last edited by nicnicnic; 12-06-10, 14:30.

Comment

Thomas Bjorn broke my heart over the years
                                                  but would love to see him win this

Comment

So who is going to win the Open folks?

Comment

This is going to be great.

Tiger gone to 10s in Laddies. Wow

I'm as good as finished with the world cup till the business end. I'd much rather lose money on something that is guaranteed to be entertaining and epic.

20 on Phil at 8s in laddies. 5 time runner up in US open and 3 time winner on this course(although it is practically a different course this week) Major winner this year and and few places to boot. Phil will want this one so bad. I don't think 8s is short at all, I reckon if ya play this tournie 4 or 5 times he'd win it once.

Already stupidly have a 10er on Tiger @ 6s and ill just have another in laddies. Its Tiger F%^&&ng Woods.

10er e/w on Luke Donald 33s. One of the form players of the world. a lot of experts say if he's gonna win a major then a US open is for him as he hits it so straight and good with the long irons he need find a course thats not too long and this could be it. There is 3 par 5s which you think would go against him but he had a ridiculous amount of eagles in Wales and Portugal.

5er e/w on Bo Van Pelt. Form player on the Pga Tour, 6 top tens in seven starts or something similar. Including 4 top 4s. He's knocking on the door. Prob not major potential yet but this is the last time you'll see him over 40s on the Tour. 60 or 66s can be got and that has to be worth a shout for the place.

2.50 E/W Ricky Barnes. 125/1 The guy has USGA pedigree winning the US Amateur before and Runner up at the last Open in Bethpage. Also a good showing at memorial a couple of weeks ago. William Hill with the price

2.50 e/w Davis Love III 200/1 Hills. Twice a winner @ pebble in the early 00s. Hit the post twice in previous US Opens albeit a long time ago. Not played a lot this year but showed a lil bit of for placing in the players Championship.

Comment

10s Tiger with Lads at the moment.

I have taken as much as they will let me, surely a pretty easy trading start point.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                          10s Tiger with Lads at the moment.

I have taken as much as they will let me, surely a pretty easy trading start point.
                                                          Beautiful.

Willie , Nicky , Eagle Eye

Get the fuck in here

Comment

Yup, taking a decent chunk of that 10s. Can always lay some off tomorrow or whatever, but taking the 10s is definitely good imo.
                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

I'm as good as finished with the world cup till the business end. I'd much rather lose money on something that is guaranteed to be entertaining and epic.

20 on Phil at 8s in laddies. 5 time runner up in US open and 3 time winner on this course(although it is practically a different course this week) Major winner this year and and few places to boot. Phil will want this one so bad. I don't think 8s is short at all, I reckon if ya play this tournie 4 or 5 times he'd win it once.
                                                              First round of world cup is always a time to take it easy, too many teams happy with a draw

on phil myself for much same reason
                                                              small bet on D.Johnson @40's as well due to course form (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                First round of world cup is always a time to take it easy, too many teams happy with a draw

on phil myself for much same reason
                                                                small bet on D.Johnson @40's as well due to course form (for what its worth)

I wanted to back Johnson, but he's too short at the moment. Obviously the course form is the obvious reason, but given the US Open sets up it's courses so rigorously, it will be completely different from the AT&T and as a result it's far too short a price for someone with his record in Opens and Majors. Plus every tipster will tip him, I think Chapman has too.

Comment

I always look at the best scramblers and those with the least 3 putts from over 25 feet for the US Open. This tournament is not about target golf, its about pars and thats why scrambling is so important, the greens are usually extremely difficult so anytime you end up over 25 feet away there is a danger of a 3 putt.

My list for this week is

Luke Donald - Back on form of late and the most outstanding candidate imo
                                                                  Steve Stricker - You can never rule the man out and he is a standout in both categories I mention.
                                                                  Ian Poulter - I still question his bottle but again he is a superb long distance putter.
                                                                  Retief Goosen - Been getting slowly and surely better over the last year after a horrible couple of years. Another grinder and well suited to this course.
                                                                  My outside bet is David Duval, one of the greatest scramblers I've ever seen when he was at his best and this is right up his alley just like last year.

Tiger is another great scrambler, the best shot maker by a million miles but his lag putting has not been great this year. He is still worth a punt of course.

Comment

I wanted to back Johnson, but he's too short at the moment. Obviously the course form is the obvious reason, but given the US Open sets up it's courses so rigorously, it will be completely different from the AT&T and as a result it's far too short a price for someone with his record in Opens and Majors. Plus every tipster will tip him, I think Chapman has too.
                                                                    ya I only stuck a 1pt ew on him as I couldn't let the feeling the course form would give him go

did it last night as i figured Chapman would tip him as well (which he did)
                                                                    price seem to have held (into 33's in places)

1pt ew on Choi at 66/1 as well, just way too big a price for a lad in a bit of form who is a straight hitter

and Jacquelin in Europe, only quality in the field is him and a few young fella's

Comment

My main bet is Phil at 8s. He is almost gauranteed to be at the business end of the tournament with 9 holes to play.

Small e/w bets on

Goosen
                                                                      Khan
                                                                      Mediete
                                                                      Duval
                                                                      Love
                                                                      Kelly

and with a fiver left in my account i decided to go with Poulter after thinking about a few others. 66/1 is a big price and he always seems to motivate himself more for the majors.

Comment

I see laddys have cut Woods back to 8s now, and he's 8s best price everywhere.
                                                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                          I see laddys have cut Woods back to 8s now, and he's 8s best price everywhere.
                                                                          if ur backing tiger think i seen 9s with paddy power

Comment

Lets Go Tiger!

Comment

Pre tourny greens - GOD, Stricker, Fujita, Marino, Poulter, Ogilvy.

Pre tourny reds - Westwood, McIlroy, Harrington, Donald, Johnson

Comment

Beautiful.

Willie , Nicky , Eagle Eye

Get the fuck in here
                                                                                Sorry was beering, I've taken the 10s with Laddies, a little on Kaymer at 100s on the Machine and backed him for a top twenty and top european with Rhys Davies. Will play more so in-running

Comment

had a bet on Furyk only bcause i dont fancy any of the other top players
                                                                                  have a feeing it could be a big outsider winning this
                                                                                  couple of small e/w bets on
                                                                                  g ogilvy
                                                                                  r moore
                                                                                  r allenby

Comment

Crane 75
                                                                                    Jimenez 150
                                                                                    Davies 160
                                                                                    Glover 170

Comment

Scoring looking very tough.

Comment

Scoring looking very tough.
                                                                                        gonna have a guess at the winning score been least +6

Comment

KJ making it look easy. Putt for -6 through his last twelve, so sick.

Comment

Phil must hate playing with POD.

Comment

Coverage from 6pm to 3am.

Some wankers actually moan about sky. ad breaks seem pretty short too.

Comment

Phil must hate playing with POD.
                                                                                                He was too much of a good thing for this tourni, it had to go wrong!

Comment

Coverage from 6pm to 3am.

Some wankers actually moan about sky. ad breaks seem pretty short too.
                                                                                                  So good isn't it.

Leads perfectly into game 7 of the basketball too.

What do you think so far? The greens are going to be hellish come Sunday, need someone with a high trajectory and an excellent putter. Obviously Tiger of old would be perfect, but I'm looking around for other options.

Comment

what about that kj chap?

Comment

So good isn't it.

Leads perfectly into game 7 of the basketball too.

What do you think so far? The greens are going to be hellish come Sunday, need someone with a high trajectory and an excellent putter. Obviously Tiger of old would be perfect, but I'm looking around for other options.
                                                                                                      I'm worried about this afternoon. I've only got Tiger and Davis this afternoon and i think + 2 would be a good score. If that wind gets up....jesus. Peoples tournaments will be done in 1 hole. If Donald gets in at even here I'll be happy.

Comment

KJ will go well as long as he is hitting greens. Phil is better missing a green than hitting it to 40' as his lag putting is his big weakness.

Comment

74 or so would be a very respectable score. Could see the winning score being +8 or +9 if they don't do something to the course.

Comment

Barnes you beauty. + 4 to even in 3 holes. Shout out to BVP who didn't have a birdie till his 17th and went birdie , birdie to finish + 1. Solid round.

Comment

Delighted with KJ

Phil had a bit of a mare but is still well in it so all in all

Comment

come on Tiger,

Comment

If he's anyway in shape, the course is going to suit him so much more than anyone else.

Won't need to drive that much, can hit those iron stingers off the tee, has a ball flight advantage, and if he putts tens is going to look massive.

Comment

If he's anyway in shape, the course is going to suit him so much more than anyone else.

Won't need to drive that much, can hit those iron stingers off the tee, has a ball flight advantage, and if he putts tens is going to look massive.
                                                                                                                    His putting is hugely important and his chipping. The key is up and downs when you don't hit it within 30' or miss the green.

Comment

why do they abandon the pgatour site for an inferior site during majors ?

have to get a brag in about my back nine today, a pair of two's on the par three's and my second eagle ever, on a par5.

Comment

I can green up already if I want.

Comment

why do they abandon the pgatour site for an inferior site during majors ?

have to get a brag in about my back nine today, a pair of two's on the par three's and my second eagle ever, on a par5.
                                                                                                                          I know the external sites are shite. Bar the masters one though that was amazing.

What course ya play. I parred the 13th in Druids Glen on Sunday and it genuinely felt better than any birdie or eagle i have ever had. I really believe its the hardest hole in Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X