Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
    Am I reading this right ? I would thought the opposite and courses set up for majors would be the least forgiving
    It was badly worded alright (in a bit of a rush writing)
    have St Andrews on my mind all day

in my head was the fact that the British open and the masters are on courses where he can get around even when a bit wayward

i never think of the PGA when I think of majors (players set up is in my head when I think of majors even though not one)

still in a rush, must spend more time on posts i suppose!?

*just out of two tourni's at same time, no more logging on here during breaks me thinks!
    Last edited by Guest; 12-04-10, 23:11. Reason: *

Comment

Like i'm drunk, so don't know how much i'm functioning on a mental level, but the last twenty posts are mostly levels surely?

Comment

The idea that Tiger is wayward off the tee is very true but his length is the over-riding factor. He can be wayward off the tee (especially in Augusta) and hit another fairway!! The reason he scores so heavily on the Par 5's is that even if he is off position on the hole he can get himself back into the hole with his imaginative course management. He has the most unreal level of confidence in his own ability! The shot on Sunday that he was attempting to play on the Par 4 11th is testament to that. It was a ridiculous attempt at salvaging the hole yet he went for it. No other golfer would have even contimplated going for a low hooked power shot out of pine straw surrounded by trees with nothing only trees to hit that would have put him into the world of hurt for his third shot!! Yet, he goes for it...... hits a tree and gets a 50-50 look at the green where he subsequently hits an outrageous shot and gets the putt for par! I know the Mickelson iron on 13 was awesome and a little mental considering that he was 2 shots in the lead and his closest rival had just laid up but I think that Tigers third to the treacherous 11th was the shot of the day. Especially considering what he had done with the second.
        I think the secret to the Par 5 phenom that is Woods is his ability to hit shorter irons into the green for his second shots. Hitting 7 Irons 200+ yards has to be a huge advantage to the journey men golfers that make up 80% of the tour. The only way to attack the pins on the Par 5's is with an outrageous high ball flight and only a handful can manage it. Another case in point is Dustin Johnsons record at Par 5's.

As for the rest of the Majors this year. I am converted. I layed Tiger with all my life this last week. I even allowed that he might come out over the Thurs and Fri and play well but I did reckon that he would suffer over the weekend. He did but I can tell you that I did too!!
        It was an amazing performance by him and anyone that is prepared to lay him in St Andrews wants to have a long chat with themselves. He may not make it to the Players in a few weeks time as it does not necessarily set up "Pro Tiger" but its obvious that the game needs him back. Maybe not as dominant as he was in the past but his absence is palpable...

Best of luck

S

Comment

Verizon Heritage in Harbour town.

Picks for the week
          Stewart Cink
          Mike Weir
          Vaughan Taylor

Laying
          Fuyrk
          Kuchar
          Donald

Anyone else putting the picks up?

Comment

I'm on Gay at 36, Haas at 80, and Chad Collins at 240.

All for very small money as won't be around that much over the weekend.

Good luck.

Comment

If ya want a good top 10 bet for this Matt Every is about 250 to 1.

Comment

Castano 25/1 1pt ew
                &
                Choi 20/1 1pt ew

looked at Jaidee (who didn't) but thought the price was tight

gud luck all!

Comment

anyone have any links to watch the verizon heritage ?
                  You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

and check here - http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?ma...18&part=sports if it goes down for more

Comment

Great sporting moment from Brian Davis in the play off, he hit a loose impediment in his backswing amd called a foul on himself, costing himself a shot at the title. When you see the diving in soccer this is really refreshg and sporting, hope it gets the credit it deserves

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        Great sporting moment from Brian Davis in the play off, he hit a loose impediment in his backswing amd called a foul on himself, costing himself a shot at the title. When you see the diving in soccer this is really refreshg and sporting, hope it gets the credit it deserves
                        Would have been alot more interesting if he was 2 foot away, but still pretty sick. Archaic rule anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                          Would have been alot more interesting if he was 2 foot away, but still pretty sick. Archaic rule anyway.
                          He called it straight away, just as he hit it.

Comment

He called it straight away, just as he hit it.
                            He was just trying to cover up he bottled it completely

Comment

Anyone bet on this, Tiger is 3 to 1.

threw some on Villegas

Comment

Small on Tiger.
                                Small on Furyk for the Hat-trick too.

Tiger off at 12.40 this afternoon. Gl

Comment

I'm trading the Tiger as always.

No strong opinions on anyone else, also included him in a couple of fun trebles and accums over the weekend, built around Inter to qualify, Tiger and SNA, for a bit of fun and to get myself on the front of my local paper when the locals pay out with a giant cheque.

Comment

I'm trading the Tiger as always.
                                    Could be a long, long weekend.

Or a very short two days

Comment

Epic Tiger meltdown.

Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                        Small on Tiger.
                                        Small on Furyk for the Hat-trick too.

Tiger off at 12.40 this afternoon. Gl
                                        The pair are ready to strike

The hunk of a Colombian looking good Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                          The pair are ready to strike

The hunk of a Colombian looking good Willie.
                                          Yeah he's going well.

I shuda enterent that Fantast golf thing, but meh I never maintain them well anyways.
                                          Half of my soccer fantasy team are injured.

Comment

Jesus look at Furyk go

Comment

tiger = messi = ivey = = god

FACT
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                tiger = messi = ivey = = god

FACT
                                                oh ya thank soo

Comment

Get on Villegas @ 10/1........

Comment

Tiger 8/1 freely for the Players, thoughts ?

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                      Tiger 8/1 freely for the Players, thoughts ?
                                                      Wouldn't be backing him at the moment. Both Tiger and Mickelson are roughly the same price.

Form at the players 2000 -2009:
                                                      Woods 2/1/T14/T11/T16/T53/T22/T37/DNP/8
                                                      Mickelson MC/T33/T28/DNP/T3/T40/T14/1/T21/T55

2010 Form:
                                                      Woods T4/MC
                                                      Mickelson 19/T45/T8/T24/T14/T30/T35/1/2

Considering form you'd have to say that Mickelson is better value on current form/recent course form. Mickelson seems to hit hot streaks where he bunches good performances together. I didn't think I'd ever be saying not to back Tiger at 8/1 but this week I think he has to be opposed.

I think I might be looking outside of the top two. Not sure who yet bit more studying needed.

Comment

Tiger 8 to 1. No further study needed. Snap Call. I'd write off this weekends result. He obviously was all guns for the Masters and did ok for a man only coming back after such a long lay off (pardon the pun girls) with some brilliant play at times but Agusta was very lenient on the wayward drivers. I'm goona stick a ton on him to win it. The raving from his fan bhoys will make it unbearable when he does win but he is still Tiger at the end of the day and his bouncebackability is what makes him special. I'm on (sorry Tiger)

I'm gald the US got a look at what Rory can do. This guy is the real deal. Like a F1 car, a little tweak and BOOM.

Comment

Tiger 8 to 1. No further study needed. Snap Call. I'd write off this weekends result. He obviously was all guns for the Masters and did ok for a man only coming back after such a long lay off (pardon the pun girls) with some brilliant play at times but Agusta was very lenient on the wayward drivers. I'm goona stick a ton on him to win it. The raving from his fan bhoys will make it unbearable when he does win but he is still Tiger at the end of the day and his bouncebackability is what makes him special. I'm on (sorry Tiger)
                                                          1 top ten in the last eight years at Sawgrass. I think I would agree with you on another course where he has form but not here. (Setting myself up for a spectacular fail if he romps home)

I'm gald the US got a look at what Rory can do. This guy is the real deal. Like a F1 car, a little tweak and BOOM.
                                                          Can't agree more. I don't think I have ever gotten so much pleasure from watching a round of golf. He was spectacular, hopefully he can find the triggers that let him play somewhere like that on a consistent basis. 58 on a par 70 in back water Japan or 62 on a really tough track with slick greens and a savage finish. I'll take the 62 thanks.

Comment

8/1 Tiger, cant not have some of that, didn't think we'd see that price until he was into his 40s

Comment

lol, so true.
                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Interesting reading, seems practice isn't going too well:

http://www.sportinglife.com/golf/usm...Nightlead.html

Comment

Forget about that 8/1 Nicky. Bet with your head.

Lay him on Betfair at 9s/10s or whatever. Profit. As i said during the masters. We will not be seeing him win anything in the near future.

Comment

lol

Comment

Tiger second fav in Powers now at 9s behind Mickelson at 8s, never thought id see the day.
                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

9/1 is the biggest price he's been this century. Epic stat.

Comment

stuck €115 on tiger at 9.8 and a few small bets on outsiders,,,,,,,this golf betting is epic.....i'm hooked since the masters a few weeks back

Comment

Think Phil will be very hard to beat this week.

Michelson win
                                                                            Curtis, Rollins, Weir, Dustin Johnson and a small bet on Fred Funk all e/w

Comment

Never thought I'd place a golf bet, might have to try watching some of it now.
                                                                              I'd advise anyone who has backed Tiger to reverse their positons as my modest punt will without doubt be the absolute kiss of death.
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Well I said a couple of weeks back that Tiger doesn't look like the same man to me, he then went out and started well in the Masters but last week was not good. I don't think he is as focused right now as he needs to be, and I don't think the Players is a big tournament for him either.

I'm going with a couple of small bets. Gotta have McIlroy after last week and I'm gonna do Kaymer, Kuchar, Dustin Johnson, Glover, Jaidee, Brian Davis and Vaughan Taylor also.

I'm gonna do them all in the top ten market except McIlroy as well but only for small money too.
                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

9/1 is the biggest price he's been this century. Epic stat.
                                                                                  First time he hasn't been favourite for a tournament he has started since 1997. If he was able to produce his best despite everything that is going on he'd have to be some kind of golfing robot.

I am taking Phil, Rory, Dustin Johnson, Quiros & Fowler. Reckon it'll be a big hitter that wins. Last three years - Stenson, Garcia, Mickelson.

Comment

I'm on Padraig E/W. Rarely back PaddyPower's secret agent but i fancy him this week. Twice a runner up here and showing a bit of form. Finished well last week to boot. Also on Phil outright. Don't think he can be ignored. And just a small coverer on TW. If he won at that price i'd never forgive myself if i didn't have him backed. I used to have a rule that if he was better than 2/1 i'd back him. This is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                      and I don't think the Players is a big tournament for him either.
                                                                                      Well, it is the "5th Major..."

Comment

Originally posted by npr View Post
                                                                                        First time he hasn't been favourite for a tournament he has started since 1997. If he was able to produce his best despite everything that is going on he'd have to be some kind of golfing robot.

I am taking Phil, Rory, Dustin Johnson, Quiros & Fowler. Reckon it'll be a big hitter that wins. Last three years - Stenson, Garcia, Mickelson.
                                                                                        Mickelson 1 under after two holes.

Comment

Johnson 2 under after 3. I'm gonna keep countin them chickens.

Comment

McIlroy is an epic lay imo.
                                                                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

You have to laugh at the advertising hyping this thing up about how it gets the best field of the year. What players does this get that the likes of the masters etc doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                You have to laugh at the advertising hyping this thing up about how it gets the best field of the year. What players does this get that the likes of the masters etc doesn't?
                                                                                                Stop trolling the golf thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                  This probably does have one of the best fields of the year in terms of world rankings. Because the Masters includes past champions etc. it means less places for other better ranked players. Pretty much anyone who is eligible to play the players will want to play.

Comment

Stop trolling the golf thread.
                                                                                                    Huh? I was asking a genuine question. How is this field better than masters etc?

Comment

jeez....tiger doesn't seem a happy camper...poor approach on the 2nd...1 time Tiger!

Comment

Just backed Tiger.

Comment

Did Tigger win yet?
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can someone give me cliff notes on Tigers -2 performance yesterday, I'm on at 9 to 1. I'm missed all of the coverage
                                                                                                            But I'm interested in how his putting went plus if he used the driver much. I'm fairly happy with 9s and a -2 score.

Comment

Can someone give me cliff notes on Tigers -2 performance yesterday, I'm on at 9 to 1. I'm missed all of the coverage
                                                                                                              But I'm interested in how his putting went plus if he used the driver much. I'm fairly happy with 9s and a -2 score.
                                                                                                              He had a bad start so -2 wasn't a bad score but his putting was not great. It was very un-Tiger like in that usually his score is close to the best he could have shot on the day but yesterday he shot a worse score than he should have.

Imo he should have shot 68 and the Tiger of last year would have maybe shot 65,66 the way he played yesterday off the tee. Some very poor second shots and some poor putting cost him.
                                                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I'm going in deeper on McIlroy and Kuchar today. Rory had a very poor 1 over first round but its nothing a 62 wouldn't sort out.

Comment

any golf linkage

Comment

Comment

where is poulter placed? Got a small bit on him, choi and mcilroy
                                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                        where is poulter placed? Got a small bit on him, choi and mcilroy
                                                                                                                        Poults is finished and is on the cut line but he is in trouble of missing it. Mcilroy missed the cut. KJ finished well and is -7. Westwood leads at -12

Comment

tossed a coin between poulter and westwood for my bet. Fml. Come on choi!
                                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X