sick sport

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
        how many is he behind?
        2, hes had a triple and double already

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
          Nows the time to Back Dustin johnson
          I heard Greek and Icelandic banks are also solid investments.

Comment

just backed mcdowell @2s, nothing big, just for the interest

Comment

lol american drug ads are great, the bit about the potential side effects is always longer than the rest of the ad

Comment

Loaded up and Phil and tiger ... One time and all that lol.... Els playin unfuckin real

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                  lol american drug ads are great, the bit about the potential side effects is always longer than the rest of the ad

I like the bit if your erection last > 4 hours contact your doctor, top class marketing

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                    the warnings are only fairly recent afaik, they used to advertise all sorts and have people demanding drugs from doctors with the threat of quiting the practice if they refused.

Docs shoveled out the shit

Comment

What a result for G'Mc at the weekend!

Great for British golf!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheepMaster View Post
                        What a result for G'Mc at the weekend!

Great for British golf!
                        FAIL

Comment

Plumped for S.Kjeldsen @36 on the machine at BMW champs this weekend.

Small bet on F.Anderson Hed @120 and 18 for a top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                            FAIL
                            G'Mc is a Protestant born in Northern Ireland and is British. He may represent Northern Ireland but never Ireland.

Comment

G'Mc is a Protestant born in Northern Ireland and is British. He may represent Northern Ireland but never Ireland.
                              I am pretty sure you are leveling but just so you know, Graeme McDowell has represented Ireland on many occasions.

Now GTFO --------------------------------------------------------------->
                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                I am pretty sure you are leveling but just so you know, Graeme McDowell has represented Ireland on many occasions.

Now GTFO --------------------------------------------------------------->
                                I know that.

I meant as a person. He is British. He is not and never will be Irish.

Comment

I know that.

I meant as a person. He is British. He is not and never will be Irish.
                                  lol
                                  f off

Comment

If Francesco Molinari learned how to putt he would be a ridiculously good player

Comment

Who does everyone fancy for the irish open this week? first time back in killarney for a good while so course form would be as big of factor. McIroy is 8/1 fav with pp who are paying 6 places. Seen him last week at lough erne challenge, scary good and didnt look to have let what happened in the open get to him.
                                      Harrington played well in this also and he always seems to play his best golf in August so here's hoping he has a good week and can pick up some valuable ryder cup points. I am going to have a few €€ on him each way at 16/1 and some on Chris Wood 45-1 and Peter Hedlom and Gregory Harvet both 80-1

Comment

Irish Open

I was going to back Rhys Davies but his price of 34 is too low. He is good. I see he had three eagles in one round earlier in the year.

I'm sticking with the player I backed in The Open, Thomas Aiken. He never featured but made the cut. He got a bad draw and took a bit of the weather.
                                        I also have a little on French player, Benjamin Hebert, who has cashed nine times in a row before this, without threatening to feature at the top. He might be a trading opportunity.

Back
                                        Thomas Aiken 150 €101.00 €15,049.00
                                        Benjamin Hebert 712.21 €20.00 €14,224.10

Comment

Irish Open

And a bet on New Zealander, Mark Brown, who was a close 4th in the Scandinavian Masters last week. His rounds two and three were only bettered by two players in the field.

Mark Brown 195.2 €44.00 €8,544.80

Comment

Just dropping in to give you these two tips lads for the Irish Open.

Justin Rose (missed the British Open Cut, mad luck but in great form)
                                            Molinari = 14 to 1. Will deffo be in the shake up and PP pays top 6. I'm off now to back the scallion. .

The holder fancys himself, not in bad form but can Lowery really do it agian. Pray for rain methinks 40 to 1.
                                            McElroy , Will he be motivated enough to jsutify a lousy price. Naw.

So it's Rose or Molinari

GL.

btw. DK Weld is being nice to me again. new gansey in the plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                              Just dropping in to give you these two tips lads for the Irish Open.

Justin Rose (missed the British Open Cut, mad luck but in great form)
                                              Molinari = 14 to 1. Will deffo be in the shake up and PP pays top 6. I'm off now to back the scallion. .

The holder fancys himself, not in bad form but can Lowery really do it agian. Pray for rain methinks 40 to 1.
                                              McElroy , Will he be motivated enough to jsutify a lousy price. Naw.

So it's Rose or Molinari

GL.

btw. DK Weld is being nice to me again. new gansey in the plans.

Hi Willie,
                                              Just to let you know, I met Justin Rose in the clubhouse yesterday, and he was very ill with a virus. He sais he really wants to play, and is doing everything he can to get better. I was thinking of backing him, but that put me off.
                                              I eventually had my decent bet on Harrington, its a really weak field, and he due to win in the near future.
                                              My ew bet for the weekend is on A. Canizarez, who's consistant. He's not a big hitter, but the rest of his stats are good. the killeen course is not suited to big hitters at all, in fact, they wont take a driver out of their bag until the 5th hole.

Connie

Comment

You holding any tournaments over the weekend Connie? Will probably be heading down on Friday for the golf.

Comment

A nice start by Thomas Aiken, two under after three holes.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                    Hi Willie,
                                                    Just to let you know, I met Justin Rose in the clubhouse yesterday, and he was very ill with a virus. He sais he really wants to play, and is doing everything he can to get better. I was thinking of backing him, but that put me off.
                                                    I eventually had my decent bet on Harrington, its a really weak field, and he due to win in the near future.
                                                    My ew bet for the weekend is on A. Canizarez, who's consistant. He's not a big hitter, but the rest of his stats are good. the killeen course is not suited to big hitters at all, in fact, they wont take a driver out of their bag until the 5th hole.

Connie
                                                    Connie,

Thanks for the inside information, can't beat meeting the actual player in the bar and asknig him.
                                                    you probably saved me some money.

Comment

Spent the whole day at the golf today, and had a blast. Jesus, if Rory McIlroy could putt, Tiger would be in his slipstream. What a fcuking player!!! Its just so effortless and easy for him, but he really has to improve his putting to be the finished article.

I tagged along on his match this morning with darren Clarke and Rhys davis, and it was a thrill. . I backed clarke e/w before the off 33/1, so enjoyed the spin around was really enjoyable.

Went with harringtons match later, along with mcgraine and Mcdowell. great athmosphere, and massive crowds.McGraine got his big break at the par 5 7th, when he put his second, a 4 iron, into the waterhazard to the right of the green, but the ball bounced back out off a stone, and he got up and down for a birdie.

2nd best shot of the day? Ross fisher on the 2nd. He drove into a clump of trees on the left of the fairway, and all the spectators moved out of the way so that he could chip out on to the fairway through the gap. He sized up the shot for about 5 mins, and then moved all the spectators again. He was about 120 yards from the green as the crow flies, and he called his caddie for a 4-iron. he played it low and bounced it all the way up to 12 feet from the pin. When they had the hole finished, I went back to where he played the shot from. His divot mark was there, and honestly it was just unbelievable. The gap he went for was definately no more than a foot wide, and that gap was between 2 big trees surrounded by lots of other trees. My explanation of the shot doesnt do it justice.

My shot of the day? Rory McIllroy at the 6th. The 6th is a par 3, and although I havent heard the stats, I presume it played as the hardest hole today. I looked up the scoreboard in the tented village at the end of the day, and at the 6th hole today, a par 3, playing 211 yards to an almost island built up green, into whatever wind was there,and pin in the back left hand corner, there was:
                                                      36 bogeys
                                                      18 double bogeys
                                                      6 triple bogeys.
                                                      4 birdies
                                                      Losts of players hit rescue clubs, 3 and 4 irons.
                                                      McIlroy called for a 5 iron, smashed it to land 3 ft from the pin, and it rolled forward to a gimme distance of no more than a foot.

The craic and athmosphere in the tented village was superb. I didnt see it on telly, but I hope it came across that way anyway.

Brag: More of the same tomorrow!!!!

Connie

Comment

Anyone think Harrington at 8s is beefy.

After Fisher falling asunder on the back 9, confidence wont be as high as it should have been. I think Harringtons expierience will tell all, that and his desire to win again on home soil will see him first over the finish line.
                                                        You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

WGC Bridgestone Invitational - Akron, Ohio

This has a small field of 82 players. My bets are all on the Welsh player, Rhys Davies.

Winner ................. [82 players] ..... Back €40 @ 262.62 = €10,464.90
                                                          Top European ....... [29 players] ..... Back €22.31 @ 55 = €1,207.74
                                                          Top UK & Ireland ... [16 players] ..... Back €12.44 @ 59.03 = €721.91

Rhys Davies isn't going well. He failed to make the half-way cut in both the British Open and Irish Open. So far I am the only person to have backed him on Betfair in the Europe and UK/Ire markets.
                                                          Despite picking horribly before tee off in the British Open and the Irish Open I have managed to make a profit on both by backing other players in running.

Comment

looking forward to this week, sure I'm going to make lots

Comment

Jb Holmes to beat David Horsey
                                                              Stuart Appleby to beat James Kingston
                                                              Bo Van Pelt to beat Martin Laird

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                maybe not

Comment

Nicky, are you playing with Marty & Kev tomorrow in Dublin by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                    Nicky, are you playing with Marty & Kev tomorrow in Dublin by any chance?
                                                                    yeah 12 tee off

Comment

Great, off down there tomorrow evening for the festivities. Enjoy the game , Wind Kev up please about Saturday, he'll be in a frenzy by the time I get to him

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                        Great, off down there tomorrow evening for the festivities. Enjoy the game , Wind Kev up please about Saturday, he'll be in a frenzy by the time I get to him
                                                                        will do

Comment

I am so bad at this golf betting. Rhys Davies in 74th place of 81 at +5. As usual I try to recover with other bets.

Phil Mickelson 25 €20.00 €480.00 [-4]
                                                                          Jeff Overton 31.82 €12.84 €395.74 [-3]
                                                                          Ross Fisher 101.16 €20.00 €2,003.10 [level]
                                                                          Rhys Davies 516.47 €61.00 €31,443.90 [+5]

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                            I am so bad at this golf betting. Rhys Davies in 74th place of 81 at +5. As usual I try to recover with other bets.

In fairness considering that you're backing longshots the majority of the time the variance is going to be huge.

Don't back much golf myslef but I would like to see you phluke one though
                                                                            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post

how did you get 25s phil

Comment

Golf is on late isn't it

Comment

how did you get 25s phil
                                                                                  In the 1st round he started on the 10th hole. He bogeyed the 14th so I asked for 25s. He bogeyed the 15th as well and I got the 25s. He went as high as 42s. He then had six birdies, no bogeys in the rest of his round.

He is shooting for the win to topple Tiger from the No 1 spot.

Comment

maybe not

Worked out we'll in the end, had O Heir at 40s after day one and laid some at 2.16 just before he birdied the forth, booking about a 14/1 winner.

Bought mahan at 29th with sporting on the finishing position index and again today at 14th on that index this morning ( thought 14th this morning was at bit of a rick as overton and van pelt were also -6 and trading at 11-13). Kaymer was a bit worrying on that index, four over and all over the place in 44th after nine, somehow got it together and shot -3 for the back nine and a push.

I trying to figure out how i never backed hunter outright and O'Heirs finishing position but its still dam nice to have a decent week. There haven't been many this year.

I did back both after Fridays round for nest weeks pga at 60s O'Heir and 80s Mahan so bit of value there, as both 40s now

Comment

The WGC was a total loss for me, €400+. I backed Ryan Palmer at ~14s to win €2k. He finished 2nd. I could have sold out for a loss of about €100, but I decided to let it run.

Thsi week I will mostly be cheering on Scot Martin Laird at 490s. He went well in the WGC for 15th place. The USPGA might be a bit windy, and I notice Laird's best finish this year was 4th in Hawaii where two of the rounds were breezy. He is a big lad and I think big units do better in the wind. I ignore the inferior skills and talents of all other players.

Comment

looks like a special weeks, so many bets done.

StanJames are taking on Rory for top European at 7/1 which has to represent value.

Lowery 22/1 with PP to be top Irish ? only five Irish runners, thought it worth nibble.

Comment

looks like a special weeks, so many bets done.

StanJames are taking on Rory for top European at 7/1 which has to represent value.

Lowery 22/1 with PP to be top Irish ? only five Irish runners, thought it worth nibble.
                                                                                          Going to be a fun week, I think the front four in the market are all opposable at the prices.

It's such a beautiful course too, really going to be excellent viewing.

Justin Leonard only one on my shortlist so far.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                            Going to be a fun week, I think the front four in the market are all opposable at the prices.

It's such a beautiful course too, really going to be excellent viewing.

Justin Leonard only one on my shortlist so far.

yeah course looks magical, I've done a few on the outright all at over 60s. The rag that's been interesting me is Ben Curtis, played well last week and has the pedigree. 8/1 top twenty and 16s top ten and such.

Comment

I can't access the bokkies sites in here. Is Molinari playing in this?
                                                                                              I think POD had that old famaliar look in his eye in the IO that suggests he will be challenging for this. If he get's his driving sorted deffo in the shake up, short game is in great nick.

My 3 bets will be on the Loch Lomond Champ, POD and Steve Stricker.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                I can't access the bokkies sites in here. Is Molinari playing in this?
                                                                                                I think POD had that old famaliar look in his eye in the IO that suggests he will be challenging for this. If he get's his driving sorted deffo in the shake up, short game is in great nick.

My 3 bets will be on the Loch Lomond Champ, POD and Steve Stricker.
                                                                                                Both the Molinari's are playing I think.

Backed Camillo Bejaysus at 90's and Hunter Mahan around 40's
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Its all about S.Stricker for me.
                                                                                                  The contingency plan plan is lay McIlroy in winner top5 and top 10 market.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Aya14; 12-08-10, 10:41.

Comment

Stricker backers should probably look at Stricker to beat Woods at evens too.

Comment

It's pretty hard to comprehend how fast things can change in 12 months, Tiger 20/1 for a Major is just WOW. And it's too short still

Comment

Went with Van Pelt , Kuchar, Mickelson and Stricker.

Great course. Should be a fantastic week.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          It's pretty hard to comprehend how fast things can change in 12 months, Tiger 20/1 for a Major is just WOW. And it's too short still
                                                                                                          I think ive figured this out.

Tiger knocks off loads of women.

Missus finds out.

Missus looks for divorce and is set for 300m payout.

Tiger takes break.

Tiger returns to golf, does well in majors but plays like Sergio Garcia most of the time. Loss of form easily explained by the above.

Tiger drifts to 16/1 for USPGA.

Tiger lumps on at huge prices for himself to win.

Boom 300m recouped.

Comment

Ive been looking through this for a few hours today, and generally looking for some value as we all do!!

These are the ones Ive pencilled in for my pre tourney bets. If im missing something, Id like to hear from ye before thurs morning

Darren Clarke--200/1 Great wind and links player, could surprise a few here.

G F'dez Castano--300/1 I followed him around Killarney, and he's a superb player. His putting is a bit iffy, but tee to green, he's superb, and with 950 bunkers dotted around this course, accurate driving is a must.

Steven Aimes--16th and 21st last 2 weeks out, he's making a nice comeback from injury and is a quality player. He finished 9 when the PGA was last played on this course,and he's 6th on the US tour greens in regulation. A decent 150/1 ew shot.

E Mollinari-- 125/1 Another great player from tee to green and thats a fair price for him.

Lucas Glover--Last years US Open champion, he won that event at Bethpage black, which proves tough courses are no bother to him. he followed that up with a 5th place finish in the USPGA on the extremely tough Hazeltine course. He hits the ball low and doesnt mind the wind and hits it straight, and ticks all the right boxes. And he's available at 125/1!!!

Connie

Comment

Anyone lay 1/2 Tiger to make the cut?

Comment

Think harrington going to do it this week.
                                                                                                                Good e/w J.Overton 60/1 and also B.Crane 125/1.
                                                                                                                Cant go wrong wit goosen either imo.

Comment

The USPGA British open you say

well then:

0.5 pts ew John Daly 350/1
                                                                                                                  0.5 pts ew Chris Wood 150/1
                                                                                                                  0.5 pts ew Bubba Watson 125/1

+
                                                                                                                  3pts ew Stricker 25/1
                                                                                                                  not really a links player but most inform over season and a local(ish) so
                                                                                                                  He is due a run in a major and id be shocked(distraught) if not sniffing around top 6 at end!

gl all!

Comment

Have done 2 small e/w bets on this Ernie Els and your guy ousthozen or whatever its spelt, no reason behind them just fancy them

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                                      Its all about S.Stricker for me.
                                                                                                                      The contingency plan plan is lay McIlroy in winner top5 and top 10 market.
                                                                                                                      Gonna back Stricker in the 3 ball today at 13/8 v McIlroy and Adam Scott.

Also I think J.B Holmes is value to beat L.Donald and Hiratsuka @ 2.82 on the machine.

Comment

This is painful. Clear fog please.

Major play today is laying Harrington in his 3-ball.

Have Leonard and Fisher outright, plan to back more in play.

Comment

Gone for Kaymer and Adam Scott both e/w @ 50/1

Been tracking Scott closely for a while and as for Kaymer well hes just a stab in the dark for me to keep interest.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X