Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
    I actually hate the little Spanish fcuker, not content with costing me a fortune with years of failed bets on him to win, he has now resorted to beating my selections into 2nd place........WART
    He is infuriating alright.

US Open 2011 comes to mind. Missed put on the last cost me a bit payout.

Comment

Alex Noren to finish in Top 5

5/1

Comment

Chad Campbell top 10 18/1 Betfair

Comment

Thor and Tiger e/w double for me.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Rory and Keegan Bradley in the states and Colsaerts and Bjorn in the Johnny Walker, gl all.

Comment

Bill Haas 66s earlier in the week with Chandlers. EW
              Sergio EW @ 25s only.

GL fellas

Comment

i know its a stretch away, but i really expected the European team to be favourites in the upcoming Ryder cup.

Location may affect it I suppose, but with most based out there I wouldnt imagine too much.

With so many tournament winners from Europe, as well as Lee, Rory, Donald yo-yoing amongst the number one spot. I thought it would be one of the stronger european teams in a long time . . .

Expected slight odds on and never 2.6
                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                  i know its a stretch away, but i really expected the European team to be favourites in the upcoming Ryder cup.

Location may affect it I suppose, but with most based out there I wouldnt imagine too much.

With so many tournament winners from Europe, as well as Lee, Rory, Donald yo-yoing amongst the number one spot. I thought it would be one of the stronger european teams in a long time . . .

You're crazy man.

Dustin Johnson (6 wins in last four years including this year) might not get a pick for the US.

POD (no wins in 4 but sure he's playing well) might get a pick.

The price is right.

Comment

i dont know fk all about golf, Hence asking

ty for reply tho
                    GAA News Website

Comment

i dont know fk all about golf, Hence asking

ty for reply tho
                      Don't get me wrong, Europe could get a result but on paper they should get beat.
                      I feel if Europe are going to win it will be down to DL3 not getting the pairings right.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                        Don't get me wrong, Europe could get a result but on paper they should get beat.
                        I feel if Europe are going to win it will be down to DL3 not getting the pairings right.
                        I have to disagree with this. Do the world rankings mean nothing? For me it is one of the strongest European teams I remember. I think we should be slight favs and massive favs if we were playing in Europe.

Comment

The 13/8 about definitely seems big to me if you were looking at it from a trading perspective. All the weight of opinion (and money) has been for the US, but I think the guys going 8/13-13/8 are at the outer points the market will reach 'now' and that gap will close a bit from here in.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                            I have to disagree with this. Do the world rankings mean nothing? For me it is one of the strongest European teams I remember. I think we should be slight favs and massive favs if we were playing in Europe.
                            We're not so that doesn't matter.

I really can't see how you have Europe favs for this.

And don't see how 13/8 is big.

Comment

It's about fcuking time we got a Ryder debate going in here

Comment

And don't see how 13/8 is big.
                                Maybe - the market 12 months ago was around 1/1 each of them with some 10/11 11/10 both ways - do you think the European chance has deteriorated that much in the intervening time ?
                                Last edited by nicnicnic; 23-08-12, 14:59.

Comment

I'm with Silver here I think the prices are spot on, the US have an amazing team and Medinah will be set up to suit, expect it to be long, wide and no rough, perfect for Woods, Michelson and Bubba to name just a few.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                    Maybe - the market 12 months ago was around 1/1 each of them with some 10/11 11/10 both ways - do you think the European chance has deteriorated that much in the intervening time ?
                                    Yes,

12 months ago there was a great battle between Luke, Westy and Kaymer for number 1.

Of the 7 big parties that everyone attended in the states this year (3 majors, 3 WGC , Players)
                                    5 winners were from the US and 2 from Europe.
                                    I think home advantage is huge for the states. That 2004 Euro team that traveled to the US is better than what is on offer now imo.

I think 13/8 is the right price. Backable. Not big.

Comment

Jesus.

Just looking at the 04 and 06 US Ryder Cup teams.
                                      They must be the 2 worst teams in the Ryder Cup since it became a decent match.

Comment

Irrespective of my opinion of the outcome, I think 13/8 is too big and at the extreme of what prices we will see. you can lay Europe at 2.56 on betfair.

Comment

What is going to happen with Kaymer.

If Colsaerts blows up this week, can Kaymer turn it around in time?

Comment

What is going to happen with Kaymer.

If Colsaerts blows up this week, can Kaymer turn it around in time?
                                            He doesn't seem too bothered about it does he? but God knows - you have to think there's something going on here life wise that we don't know about - drugs/women trouble, depression ?

Comment

I see your man Watney ripping it up at bethpage

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                I'm with Silver here I think the prices are spot on, the US have an amazing team and Medinah will be set up to suit, expect it to be long, wide and no rough, perfect for Woods, Michelson and Bubba to name just a few.
                                                Don't all 3 of them have losing Ryder Cup records? Easy to forget the matchplay element.
                                                Last edited by The Situation; 23-08-12, 16:03.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I see your man Watney ripping it up at bethpage
                                                  Ye, marked down and dropped for Bill Haas on Tuesday. Said Yday i would rip off my beard if he wins. I have mates emailing me laughing at the moment.

He's played well lately without contending. Hopefully he puts the breaks on tomorrow or Sat. He was 90 odd on the machine.

One course that he can and has ripped apart is East Lake so if he makes it to the Tour Championship ( lot of work to do) he will be getting backed there.

What is the story with that bird Kaymer was with? Was he meant to get married or something?
                                                  Could he be gay?

Comment

Ye, marked down and dropped for Bill Haas on Tuesday. Said Yday i would rip off my beard if he wins. I have mates emailing me laughing at the moment.

He's played well lately without contending. Hopefully he puts the breaks on tomorrow or Sat. He was 90 odd on the machine.

One course that he can and has ripped apart is East Lake so if he makes it to the Tour Championship ( lot of work to do) he will be getting backed there.

What is the story with that bird Kaymer was with? Was he meant to get married or something?
                                                    Could he be gay?
                                                    no idea

Comment

Sergio worth a few quid at 4/1?

Looks to have his A game this week.

Comment

Did someone flick Sergios on switch or something, wtf is going on

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                          Did someone flick Sergios on switch or something, wtf is going on
                                                          In in an interview last week he said he uses his caddys as a crutch for decision making so he's putting a "regular" caddy on his bag for the rest of the season.

Means his shots are hit with more conviction.

Seems to be doing the trick for now.

Comment

Cant believe I didn't follow my convictions and put a big bet on lawrie @11/10 with Betfair this morning. He was 3 clear of any real challenger and playing fantastic tee to green

Comment

Devastated with Garcia only placing and Watney taking it all. Really hurt.

Who does DL3 pick?

Comment

Devastated with Garcia only placing and Watney taking it all. Really hurt.

Who does DL3 pick?

IDK

UL with Watney - the joys punting golf, what can you do.

Comment

It's a good headache for DL3 to have.

You a winner or loser in past Ryder Cups nic?

Comment

It's a good headache for DL3 to have.

You a winner or loser in past Ryder Cups nic?
                                                                    Last ryder cup was good for me - mostly Kaymer on a few markets, they went 7/4 & then 6/4 top continental European which I got rightly stuck into. He had it wrapped up before the singles, didn't play particularly well mind you, but played all the matches and was carried to victory by Donald and Westwood in two of them. Had to beat Hansen & Jimenez who only got a couple of matches each. Also caught him at 11/2 ( dead heat ) top debutant & another market I cant remember.

I had a good chunk on the yanks at Valhalla but can't really remember getting massively involved in the ryder cup before that.

I always seem too somehow get stuck into the presidents cup. Biggest bet I ever had was on the 2009 presidents cup in San Francisco, yanks were 4/9, I made them way shorter as all the International side were badly out of form. I stuck my whole roll on it which was sizable at the time. It was tight enough after day one, then Saturday morning Tiger totally turned a four ball match from 1 down with 2 to play, to win by one. This put the US 2.5 up instead of what looked .5 lead and they cruised it from there. I remember I was under severe until that match swung.

hows your history with it ?

Comment

Last ryder cup was good for me - mostly Kaymer on a few markets, they went 7/4 & then 6/4 top continental European which I got rightly stuck into. He had it wrapped up before the singles, didn't play particularly well mind you, but played all the matches and was carried to victory by Donald and Westwood in two of them. Had to beat Hansen & Jimenez who only got a couple of matches each. Also caught him at 11/2 ( dead heat ) top debutant & another market I cant remember.

I had a good chunk on the yanks at Valhalla but can't really remember getting massively involved in the ryder cup before that.

I always seem too somehow get stuck into the presidents cup. Biggest bet I ever had was on the 2009 presidents cup in San Francisco, yanks were 4/9, I made them way shorter as all the International side were badly out of form. I stuck my whole roll on it which was sizable at the time. It was tight enough after day one, then Saturday morning Tiger totally turned a four ball match from 1 down with 2 to play, to win by one. This put the US 2.5 up instead of what looked .5 lead and they cruised it from there. I remember I was under severe until that match swung.

hows your history with it ?
                                                                      Never had a decent punt at it. Loved some of them shots on Kaymer. I remember ya putting them up 2 years ago. Do let us know a few thoughts this year in markets like that. That's when Willie was in here telling us on the Monday how much he had cleaned up over the weekend

This week gents? Won't see much as i'll be down at the festival but will catch the Monday finish where hopefully i have a sweat.

This tournie usually turns into a low scoring affair and with that comes a putting competition.

I've had 3 bets

Going with Snedeker
                                                                      Top 5 last year here and 2nd last week. One of the best putters around when he is on form. He is on form now.

Stricker : Absolutely loves this house, winner, and a place or 2. Serious putter and has featured on leaderboards in the past 6 weeks without contending but will put 4 rounds together soon.

Poulter : Horrible course form but has to be on a high after yday, is not dicking around in Ferraris this week, he's been concentrating on his game according to twitter. Serious putter and has some nice form this summer. My first bet on IJP this year.

Gl fellas

Comment

The Ryder Cup is rubbish, and the pinnacle of careers for golfers who can't reach great heights outside of it.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                          The Ryder Cup is rubbish,
                                                                          Incorrect

the pinnacle of careers for golfers who can't reach great heights outside of it.
                                                                          Correct

Comment

WTF am I doing, I just backed Phil

Comment

Sergio out. Just heard it there.

Comment

Furyk for me this week
                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

e/w double with snedeker & noren.
                                                                                  did the pp shop special (because i hate money!) 2 to place in top 10 in each tourny. d.johnson & oosthiisen and lawrie & donaldson. pays 33-1
                                                                                  may add poulter to the team too........hmmmmmmm

Comment

Tiger should really be quoting Happy Gilmore in his post round presser today.

Comment

Furyk cant buy a putt, All Fairways and missed 1 green, less than 20ft proximity, -3 through 10
                                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

jesus, noren was 6 under after 7 holes & missed 3 shorts putts for birdie on next 3 holes which cudda set up a special round before going to pieces on back 9 & shooting 5 over
                                                                                        lol @ golf

Comment

rory with back to back -6's has clubhouse lead in deutsche bank.
                                                                                          some of ryder cup players struggling for form,kutchar, bradley mcdowell n rose, the latter especially surprising coz thought he was hitting form n a win was just around the corner

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                            e/w double with snedeker & noren.
                                                                                            [B]did the pp shop special (because i hate money!) 2 to place in top 10 in each tourny. d.johnson & oosthiisen and lawrie & donaldson. pays 33-1[/B]
                                                                                            may add poulter to the team too........hmmmmmmm
                                                                                            ship it

Comment

Overton this week. From Indiana and in good form. 80/1

Comment

BMW Championship
                                                                                                KLM Open

Comment

tour championship time
                                                                                                  if anyone's n a paddy r laddies shop can they post any special offers like moneyback on 2nd if tiger/rory win tho with the small field prob wont be available
                                                                                                  thinking of backin phil, 12's now............. prob as good as its gonna get yeah???

Comment

thinking of backin phil, 12's now............. prob as good as its gonna get yeah???
                                                                                                    Possibly

I'm going for Watney and Westwood.

Comment

tour championship time
                                                                                                      if anyone's n a paddy r laddies shop can they post any special offers like moneyback on 2nd if tiger/rory win tho with the small field prob wont be available
                                                                                                      Really depends on whom the main tipsters go with - you can get 13.3/1 with pinnacle ATM

Comment

Got to back Tiger this week.

Comment

Got to back Tiger this week.
                                                                                                          paddys goin money back on 2nd if rory wins on their site.
                                                                                                          Tigers winning form this year has been on courses he is comfortable with & won on b4 so this 1 defo ticks that box.
                                                                                                          havin said that just pulled the triger on a decent e/w bet on phil gl all

Comment

furyks on fire.
                                                                                                            phils hit 5 fairways in 30 odd holes............. the man likes to grind it out

Comment

Furyk

Jim Furyk 21/1 with Betfair has to be value. The only thing is be fearful of is a 3 shot lead is a lot on this course. If rosé shoots a 69 lights out. I love snedeker but the pressure of a 10m payday must be immense

Comment

7/4 Europe available, just goes too show even I can be wrong

Comment

After watching the 1999 Ryder cup last night Paul Lawrie 50/1 for top points scorer looks too big.

Comment

Betfred has enhanced Europe to 2/1 (max 200) until 2pm today.
                                                                                                                    SJ & totesport also gone 2s for the moment too, probably just to match Fred for the couple of hours, if anyone fancies a partisan wager and can get on!

Comment

Is the US length advantage being overcompensated as a swing factor in which way the cup will go this weekend, like the difference in team averages are actually not that big at all but suppose Colsaerts could be considered an outlier.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Is the US length advantage being overcompensated as a swing factor in which way the cup will go this weekend, like the difference in team averages are actually not that big at all but suppose Colsaerts could be considered an outlier.
                                                                                                                        Its more than the length advantage, there is no rough and lightening fast greens, which also suits the US far more, the crowd plays a big part especially on the Sunday, as for Colsaerts its not a big deal either way, he will play 3 matches max, probably only 2 and he is the World Matchplay Champion, Westwood and Kaymer would be far bigger concerns for me If I was on Europe.

USA -2 for me and Sergio to be Europes top point scorer @ 9/1 is redicolous value.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                          After watching the 1999 Ryder cup last night Paul Lawrie 50/1 for top points scorer looks too big.
                                                                                                                          Not at 500/1 would it be value, he's record in America is shocking, never came close to winning in 5 seasons and lost he's card as soon as he's major winner exemption was up, in '99 he played all he's matches with Monty who was a Ryder Cup genius, apart from he's singles of course.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X