• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    When is this on?
    banned for a week

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Sure, Why not?

Defending champ obv, 9 straight cuts in Majors (tied most with Phil). Contended in the WGC a few weeks ago and has been playing nicely all year and obv has the minerals. Missed cut in his last outing in Transitions but i'd imagine Tiredness was a factor.

44s is not bad in my opinion.
      I think he has a great chance and 44 definitely underestimates him.

It's easy to attribute his victory last year to McIlroy's implosion but he won it by finishing with four straight birdies - that's astonishing.

Last year he only had one Top 20 in Four stroke play events prior to Augusta, this year he has already had 2 Top 5s.

I'm no expert but he seems too big a price to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
        Because if someone is talking bollocks I prefer to help them see the light than to continue talking said bollocks.

It's the only way imo
        He's not talking bollox and what he has said is 100% correct
        Last edited by premierstone; 26-03-12, 23:43.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
          He's not talking bollox and what he has said is 100% correct
          Its arguable if there is any point debating with people that arrogantly dismiss alternative viewpoints.

Its impossible to argue that mcilroys swing isnt technically much better than tigers at the same stage of their careers and the potential is there for him to be one of the best.

Saying mcilroy is technically better than woods at this very early stage of his career is VERY different to saying mcilroy is simply a better player than woods at the respective stage of their careers as there are a miriad of factors to be considered and woods all round game was immense.

Its hard to make accurate comparisons as they will never be in their primes at the same time though so only time will tell if mcilroy continues improving and starts closing out tournaments like only woods was capable of but to make a definitive statement like its bollox is simply untrue.

Hopefully the masters gives us some excitement next week and its defo set up for something special.
          Last edited by Jaysoose; 27-03-12, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
            Wouldn't it be something if we got both in the final group on day 4, I could see it happening although wouldn't have either at current prices.
            do you see them drifting nicky,will the bookies want more cash on them as i want to have a nice bet on rory but he is so skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Anyone give Schwartzel a chance, 44 on betfair atm.
              I give him a huge chance, amazing finish last year when being chased hard by the likes of Day, Scott & Donald.
              Has been steadily coming into form this year, gonna take the 44 on him before the Houston... Don't expect him to be that big next week!!
              He's Probly gonna be my main e/w bet along with Rose @ 34's

My selection fwiw...
              All prices betfair:

Donald win 17.5
              Stricker ew 65

And a few of the longer shots...

Harrington 140
              Wilson 290
              Bae 250
              "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Money back special (US Masters)

PP going money back on all losers if Tiger wins....
                "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by nijinsky View Post
                  If you want a gamble on the US masters ask for 1000s on Betfair on Kevin Chappell (put up your bet at 1000 and wait, don't take the 720 on offer.)

In 2011 he had a 2nd and two 3rds on the US PGA Tour incl. a 3rd in the US Open. Check his last three rounds there and compare them to the winner, Rory McIlroy. In 2012 he is struggling a bit but is shooting quite a few rounds in the 60s and seems to be improving. He might get a top 25 this week at the Arnold Palmer.
                  You may want to check out Larry Mize, won the Masters before and is 1000-1.

Comment

Augusta is a real horses for courses tournament.

My bets this week are

KJ Choi ew @ 66/1

Hard to look past the top 3 in the betting imo. Will prob wait to see how their prices are after RD 1.

@nicnicnic

When are you gonna learn that laying Westwood in majors = $$$$$ and backing Westwood in majors =

the gulf in class between McIlroy and Westwood is a constant sore point with Westwood and as his frustrations build up even further I cant see Westwood winning one.

Edit: Think I will take Rory at 5's. Hard to describe how much better he is at golf than the rest

Comment

Whos showing The Masters this year?

Is it only SS?

Comment

BBC surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                          BBC surely?
                          OK, just hadnt seen any ads yet.

Comment

Sky and BBC, sky slowly taking over the world

Comment

I don't know why but when I think of who to back in the Masters Justin Rose is all that crosses my mind so will have to stick a few euro on him.

Comment

Edit: Think I will take Rory at 5's. Hard to describe how much better he is at golf than the rest
                                And his 6 tournament wins in 5 years as a pro that is so much better at golf than the rest prove that he is a real closer and undoubtably value at 5/1

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                  I never said mcilroy has won more than tiger at the same stage of his career though did i? I said in my opinion mcilroys swing is technically better at the same stage of their careers and he can go on to be one of the greats. Whats so contraversial about saying this its just an opinion?

why do some posters feel the need to be so arsey about things they dont agree with? its a fuckin joke on here at times.
                                  Nobody would dispute that McIlroy has a better swing than Tiger had at that time. Thats only one part of the game though, Tiger was a better scrambler and a waaay better putter than Rory currently is and the biggest difference at the very top of the game is how many shots you gain and lose on and around the greens.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

This thread is a complete abortion.

Hurting my head reading it.

Back to the regular golf thread quickly please.

Comment

Anyone read The Big Miss yet?

Just finished it. Just like a big gossip column. Would have been fascinating is just about golf, but ruined by his obsession with selling out the man upon whose shoulders he stood.

Pathetic really. Illegally downloaded it anyway, so he didn't get a penny.

Comment

Originally posted by tallamuner View Post
                                        do you see them drifting nicky,will the bookies want more cash on them as i want to have a nice bet on rory but he is so skinny.
                                        Powers went 6/1 Tiger in the shops Tuesday, only to €100 though, I'd imagine you'll see Rory enhanced somewhere sometime next week.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                          This thread is a complete abortion.

Hurting my head reading it.

Back to the regular golf thread quickly please.
                                          threads merged because C Kid said so

Cabrera having a good round in Houston, price all blue on oddschecker for masters

Comment

Augusta is a real horses for courses tournament.

My bets this week are

KJ Choi ew @ 66/1

Hard to look past the top 3 in the betting imo. Will prob wait to see how their prices are after RD 1.

@nicnicnic

When are you gonna learn that laying Westwood in majors = $$$$$ and backing Westwood in majors =

the gulf in class between McIlroy and Westwood is a constant sore point with Westwood and as his frustrations build up even further I cant see Westwood winning one.

Taking 5/1 Rory is every bit as retarded as betting Westwood, actually its worse, nice piece of psychoanalysis though, I had no idea you were an expert in that field also.

Comment

BBC showing just weekend coverage btw

Comment

BBC showing just weekend coverage btw
                                                Wut?

You mean I'm gonna be stuck on a farm in the arsehole of Galway for Easter with the outlaws with no Masters Thur/Fri night

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                  Nobody would dispute that McIlroy has a better swing than Tiger had at that time. Thats only one part of the game though, Tiger was a better scrambler and a waaay better putter than Rory currently is and the biggest difference at the very top of the game is how many shots you gain and lose on and around the greens.
                                                  Weird you picked that post when i pretty much said this in the post below aswell.

Saying mcilroy is technically better than woods at this very early stage of his career is VERY different to saying mcilroy is simply a better player than woods at the respective stage of their careers as there are a miriad of factors to be considered and woods all round game was immense

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    Wut?

You mean I'm gonna be stuck on a farm in the arsehole of Galway for Easter with the outlaws with no Masters Thur/Fri night
                                                    Should get a Leinster Season ticket, that way you would be unavailable to travel due to Heineken Cup QF and customary beers!

Powers doing a good offer in that they will refund if Tiger wins.

Comment

Bandwagon ahoy!

Gone ew on Bradley 40's and Rose 33's. Have a baseless feeling he'll be the next English major winner.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Taking 5/1 Rory is every bit as retarded as betting Westwood, actually its worse, nice piece of psychoanalysis though, I had no idea you were an expert in that field also.
                                                        Surely not, afterall Westwood is 0 from 64 in majors?? Mcillroy is 1 from 13 and top 3 in 3 of the last 6 majors, I know who Id prefer my money on!

Comment

Surely not, afterall Westwood is 0 from 64 in majors?? Mcillroy is 1 from 13 and top 3 in 3 of the last 6 majors, I know who Id prefer my money on!
                                                          best golfer tee to green in the world, top three in 5 of last 12 majors yadayadayada

o for 64 you say ? he's due obviously - I fight a weekly battle with myself to not back westwood, I lost that battle this week in texas, next week who knows, i did say shoot me for contemplating it

its 55 majors btw 64 WGC's he hasn't won in

I'm just think Rory is under priced as he has been in every tournament he's played the last three years, he may piss up but backing him at 5/1 is very -ev in the long run
                                                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 30-03-12, 00:18.

Comment

best golfer tee to green in the world, top three in 5 of last 12 majors yadayadayada

o for 64 you say ? he's due obviously

I'm just think Rory is under priced as he has been in every tournament he's played the last three years, he piss up but backing him at 5/1 is very -ev in the long run

Comment

o for 64 you say ? he's due obviously

I'm just think Rory is under priced as he has been in every tournament he's played the last three years, he may piss up but backing him at 5/1 is very -ev in the long run
                                                              Best golfer tee to fairway yes, dont resort to hyperbole, he's iron play is good, definitely not the best in the world, plus as you sadi earlier yourself its what happens on and around the greens is the most important, stop contradicting yourself

He's due alright, due some bottle!

All joking aside though obv 5/1 is skinny, but you have to understand it, if I was a layer I wouldnt want to take any e/w money on him and thats the only way to avoid it really.

Comment

Best golfer tee to fairway yes, dont resort to hyperbole, he's iron play is good, definitely not the best in the world, plus as you sadi earlier yourself its what happens on and around the greens is the most important, stop contradicting yourself

He's due alright, due some bottle!

All joking aside though obv 5/1 is skinny, but you have to understand it, if I was a layer I wouldnt want to take any e/w money on him and thats the only way to avoid it really.
                                                                your mixing me up with someone else on whats bolded

and yes he's without doubt he's the best golfer in the world tee to green

Comment

your mixing me up with someone else on whats bolded

and yes he's without doubt he's the best golfer in the world tee to green
                                                                  Sorry it was actually eagle eye, my bad , still dont think Lee has anywhere near a good enough short game to win a masters, or the mental fortitude for that matter.

Comment

Sorry it was actually eagle eye, my bad , still dont think Lee has anywhere near a good enough short game to win a masters, or the mental fortitude for that matter.
                                                                    That's the general consensus, but he'll putt as good a Rory round here next week, and personally I'd rather take 18/1 about him the 5/1 Mcllroy - I may not punt him btw but there's no chance I'll punt Rory, each to there own.

Comment

After much deliberation with myself, my bets before the start of the tournament will be on Jason Day & Sean O'Haire, both e/w obv. Don't see Lee Westwood doing any damage . . Looking into backing Donald too.

Betting in running more fun though :|

Might be stubborn though and do something on Henrik Stenson aswel. Guy has been playing horribly up to a few weeks ago. Always had a soft spot for him. :|

Comment

I like Hunter Mahan and Luke Donald both e/w.
                                                                        Mahan is in form and has gone close before.
                                                                        Donald has a pretty good record at the Masters.
                                                                        If Tiger Is'nt in the mix I'll be very surprised, even when he's spraying all over the place he still seems go close to winning at augusta.
                                                                        As for who has the best swing i think its between Kenny Perry and Jim Furyk.

Comment

been following westwood closely last few tournaments havnt seen the stats
                                                                          but have to say his short game looks a lot better this year particulary his chipping around the greens but would be worried enough about his putting around augusta to probably put me off backing him
                                                                          cant have rory at the price but wouldnt be laying him either, dont think theres value in any of the favourites so will be looking at the other markets for some value bets

was watching the sicilian open earlier what a great looking course
                                                                          lumped on colsaerts really think he s capable of fulfilling the potential he showed a few years
                                                                          ago, really think he s going to be a moneyspinner for me for the rest of season

Comment

What about cabrera..playing like god yesterday in the states and has a decent record at augusta...seems to be his modus operandi to play next to nothing for a season or two then pop up and win a major. Plus i always liked the fact that he looks like he just has walked out of the pub for a few holes of golf.

Comment

Settled on Watney, Kuchar, Zach Johnson and Vijay Singh.

Comment

To be no1 31 Dec 2012, betting VC

The 50/1 Hunter for the Masters is tempting and will probably be into around 33s by kick off. He is in better form this year then last but is double the price. The big negative is he chips the ball like a 20 handicapper.

The more I look at it, the more I'm getting drawn to Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                  What about cabrera..playing like god yesterday in the states and has a decent record at augusta...seems to be his modus operandi to play next to nothing for a season or two then pop up and win a major. Plus i always liked the fact that he looks like he just has walked out of the pub for a few holes of golf.
                                                                                  I had a score EW on him yesterday at 125/1

had small interests in Fran Moli and Garrigus at around 400s

also backed Kaymer at 90/1

Comment

To be no1 31 Dec 2012, betting VC

The 50/1 Hunter for the Masters is tempting and will probably be into around 33s by kick off. He is in better form this year then last but is double the price. The big negative is he chips the ball like a 20 handicapper.

The more I look at it, the more I'm getting drawn to Tiger.
                                                                                    Hey Nicky what price would u be looking for on tiger equalling niclaus's record for majors?

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                                                                      Hey Nicky what price would u be looking for on tiger equalling niclaus's record for majors?
                                                                                      Was only talking to my old man at the weekend about that one. It's a tough one to price up given how erratic he is. I'd guess 10/1 maybe...

Comment

I wonder how Tigers career would have turned out if his name was Eldrick Woods from the off. No TW caps and trademarks and nobody would have given a toss about him. It's all in the name

Comment

Cabrera btw, even though his English is shocking if I had to chose to play a round with any golfer he'd be my pick easily.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                            Was only talking to my old man at the weekend about that one. It's a tough one to price up given how erratic he is. I'd guess 10/1 maybe...
                                                                                            Ive already had a small bet on it with a mate of mine but i think Im a big dog alright. I just watched the guy do superhuman things on the golf course for so many years, its great to see him recovering, talent like that couldnt stay down. 4 more majors though's a big big ask.

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post

IDK is the honest answer, but I think he'll do it.

Only betting I've seen on it is from ladbrokes and that's 3/1 to get to 19 or more majors.

Comment

I wonder how Tigers career would have turned out if his name was Eldrick Woods from the off. No TW caps and trademarks and nobody would have given a toss about him. It's all in the name
                                                                                                Mighve helped him, doubt he woulda got all that ass with a name like that

Comment

IDK is the honest answer, but I think he'll do it.

Only betting I've seen on it is from ladbrokes and that's 3/1 to get to 19 or more majors.
                                                                                                  You're the first person who agrees with me, and ive talked to so many golfers about it over the last few weeks, everyone thinkin im crazy for bettin it.

Comment

3/1 seems very tight imo.

Comment

3/1 seems very tight imo.
                                                                                                      Agreed, he has two majors in the last 4 years, at that rate he would be 44 by the time he ties Jack Nicklaus. Its unlikely he makes it unless he gets his skates on over the next 6 years. I would wait and watch how his season unfolds before I'd be interested in having a pop at that.
                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I would wait and watch how his season unfolds before I'd be interested in having a pop at that.
                                                                                                        Sure there might not be anything to bet on when this season is over

Comment

Sure there might not be anything to bet on when this season is over
                                                                                                          Have a very small bet on him at 66/1 to grand slam the year to make sure you don't lose out.

Comment

Agreed, he has two majors in the last 4 years, at that rate he would be 44 by the time he ties Jack Nicklaus. Its unlikely he makes it unless he gets his skates on over the next 6 years. I would wait and watch how his season unfolds before I'd be interested in having a pop at that.
                                                                                                            Well to be fair the last 2 years are kind of a write off with everything that happened, so before that he won 2 in 2 years.

Comment

I think it'll be a feast or a famine. If he can get over the mental hurdle and win another one, the flood gates should open. He's as likely to win 26 as 16!

Comment

I think it'll be a feast or a famine. If he can get over the mental hurdle and win another one, the flood gates should open. He's as likely to win 26 as 16!
                                                                                                                Ah now Ted.

Agree with mental hurdle bit though.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

If tiger can recover from his career slump like westwood and stricker recovered from theirs then i think he will easily get past 20 majors.

I had him backed last week and he easily beat a good field while coasting through the final round. His stats were really good and with the confidence from winning back, hes a danger to all.

Personally i hope he puts rory in his place. I was a rory fan until the irish open last year in killareney where he acted like a spoilt arrogant kid in comparison to mcdowell who acted like a classy and genuine guy.

Comment

mickleson -5 on the front 9 in the heuston open
                                                                                                                    think i will back him now for the masters before they shorten him

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                                                                                                      mickleson -5 on the front 9 in the heuston open
                                                                                                                      think i will back him now for the masters before they shorten him
                                                                                                                      you'll need to hurry, blue everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by pocket9s View Post
                                                                                                                        If tiger can recover from his career slump like westwood and stricker recovered from theirs then i think he will easily get past 20 majors.

I had him backed last week and he easily beat a good field while coasting through the final round. His stats were really good and with the confidence from winning back, hes a danger to all.

Personally i hope he puts rory in his place. I was a rory fan until the irish open last year in killareney where he acted like a spoilt arrogant kid in comparison to mcdowell who acted like a classy and genuine guy.
                                                                                                                        What did he do?

Comment

I followed him and mcdowell for a few holes and both were playing bad, +3 for 4 holes or something like that.

It was just his attitude, walking from greens to the next tee, there would loads of kids screaming and he would sulk along with his head down. Then on the tee box banging his driver on the ground because there was a little noise when he was preparing for his tee shot.

Mcdowell was the complete opposite, smiling at the kids, thanking people who were cheering him and just carried himself in such a polite manner.

It just irked me, maybe im wrong, he might have just been having a rough day.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X