No announcement yet.

FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pogba on for Giroud. Bodes well for Benzema. Will have 30mins as the outright no. 9 now against a beaten Swiss team.
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Just backed France for the tournament. They were showing this kind of form and drive pre-tournament too by all accounts.

Comment

Benzema 33/1 for Golden Ball, thoughts?
        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Slight worry is that France will have a fairly hard second round game. I thought Bosnia were hugely impressive in defeat against the Argies which is who France will play providing Bosnia come second in that group.

Opr

Comment

Also, what are people's thoughts on the cards market in Ecuador-Honduras? The standard seems to be the unders in this tournament, but not sure with this match.
            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Go and absolutely fuck yourself ref.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                Also, what are people's thoughts on the cards market in Ecuador-Honduras? The standard seems to be the unders in this tournament, but not sure with this match.
                It's the only thing I'm betting on in this game. Backed Honduras to get a red card and for them to get more cards than Ecuador.

Also screw you ref.

Comment

It was bloody well in time as well, he blew up early.

Tiiiiiilllllllllllttttttt.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

It's a weird one because I looked at Hondurus before the tournament and they didn't have many card before the tournament in qualifying. Someone tipped them on twitter at 200's during the England game to get the most cards in the tournament as they were kicking lumps. Seems a good bet now as I believe they lead the card count after game one after kicking lumps out of France but it certainly hadn't been the norm. I wonder did they think after it worked against England to become more aggressive sp we'll continue it. I'm going with under after it not working it the first game and hoping they temper the aggression coupled with the lax refereeing we've seen so far will see it go unders again. The market is also completely skewed to overs because of Honduras which means you can get 11/10 on under 50 points.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      It's a weird one because I looked at Hondurus before the tournament and they didn't have many card before the tournament in qualifying. Someone tipped them on twitter at 200's during the England game to get the most cards in the tournament as they were kicking lumps. Seems a good bet now as I believe they lead the card count after game one after kicking lumps out of France but it certainly hadn't been the norm. I wonder did they think after it worked against England to become more aggressive sp we'll continue it. I'm going with under after it not working it the first game and hoping they temper the aggression coupled with the lax refereeing we've seen so far will see it go unders again. The market is also completely skewed to overs because of Honduras which means you can get 11/10 on under 50 points.

Opr
                      Yeah, the refereeing has been so lenient so far, I think it really a case of needing a very good reason to not go with the unders.

I dunno, fairly undecided on this one.
                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Did a wild Accum today, first part up France win and over 2.5 goals.
                        Second part is a red card in this next game so hoping for them to kick lumps alright.

Comment

Is it GD first and then results between the teams to decide the Group Winners?
                          Same if 3 teams finish on 6 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                            I believe so yes

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                              I believe so yes
                              Was looking for a speculative punt on Group E but it would mean Ecuador having to beat Honduras by 4 goals and then beating France to top the group, or else a 3 goal win against Hon and a 2 goal win over France, but 33/1 doesn't seem great odds. Swiss and Hond even too much to do to make 1000/1 a punt.

Comment

1 yellow already

Comment

ya, GD and goal scored, it's only after that does it get a bit messy

The 2014 FIFA World Cup is almost upon us as domestic football takes a backseat over the summer, handing the stage to the world's greatest footballing nations. The tournament will begin on June 12 with eight groups consisting of four teams...
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Stupid Honduras captain calming them down at the end, a few punches towards the ref would have been the order of the day.

Comment

Go down you idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        The way things are panning out it looks like Costa Rica are going to face Ivory Coast in the 2nd round.

Whoever tops group B will have a dream run to the semi's providing Brazil top their group.
                                        Cant link but saw the Toure lads brother passed away in Manchester today at 28. Cancer I think. Horrible situation for them

Comment

Managed to get on a Hattrick in the Argentina-Iran game at 13's. Messi on his own is best priced 7's. Run good please. You can still get 10's with them if anyone fancies it. 666bet->In special bets on the match.

Opr

Comment

Not exactly a glowing reference for my Argies outright bet but think Iran +2 at 7/4 is easily the standout bet today. They looked incredibly well drilled at the back in their opener and have conceded very little in the run up to the World Cup. Argentina looked quite disjointed and whether that'll improve with games has to be a question mark. If they do click I don't think there's anything in tournament that can touch them but they're quite far from that point currently unfortunately.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Not exactly a glowing reference for my Argies outright bet but think Iran +2 at 7/4 is easily the standout bet today. They looked incredibly well drilled at the back in their opener and have conceded very little in the run up to the World Cup. Argentina looked quite disjointed and whether that'll improve with games has to be a question mark. If they do click I don't think there's anything in tournament that can touch them but they're quite far from that point currently unfortunately.
                                              any value in Iran to win to nil?

semi-serious btw, after Costa Rica I'm willing to believe anything.
                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

any value in Iran to win to nil?

semi-serious btw, after Costa Rica I'm willing to believe anything.
                                                Good luck to Iran keeping this lot from scoring!

----------------- Mascherano ------------------

---- Gago ---------------------- Di Maria -----

------- Higuain ------------Aguero -----------

------------------ Messi ------------------------

Comment

argie -2
                                                  overs in germany/ghana
                                                  bosnia win

fun little treble
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Good luck to Iran keeping this lot from scoring!

----------------- Mascherano ------------------

---- Gago ---------------------- Di Maria -----

------- Higuain ------------Aguero -----------

------------------ Messi ------------------------
                                                    lol, yeah, obviously my expectations have been growing for this World Cup and I'm expecting miracles now.

Could do with Aguero scoring a few to increase my team goalscorer accum sweat. Also couldn't resist the PP enhanced odds of 15/4 for Aguero as first goalscorer

SPOILER

Selection Selection Details Result
                                                    International Outrights
                                                    World Cup 2014
                                                    Russia Top Goalscorer
                                                    21st of June 2014 4:00 pm
                                                    Top Team Goalscorer
                                                    A Kerzhakov @ 5/2
                                                    Pending

International Outrights
                                                    World Cup 2014
                                                    England Top Goalscorer
                                                    24th of June 2014 4:00 pm
                                                    Top Team Goalscorer
                                                    W Rooney @ 11/4
                                                    Pending

International Outrights
                                                    World Cup 2014
                                                    France Top Goalscorer
                                                    25th of June 2014 9:00 pm
                                                    Top Team Goalscorer
                                                    K Benzema @ 8/5
                                                    Pending

International Outrights
                                                    World Cup 2014
                                                    Bosnia-Herzegovina Top Goalscorer
                                                    20th of June 2014 10:00 pm
                                                    Top Team Goalscorer
                                                    E Dzeko @ 6/4
                                                    Pending

International Outrights
                                                    World Cup 2014
                                                    Argentina Top Goalscorer
                                                    20th of June 2014 4:00 pm
                                                    Top Team Goalscorer
                                                    S Aguero @ 7/2
                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

lol, yeah, obviously my expectations have been growing for this World Cup and I'm expecting miracles now.

Could do with Aguero scoring a few to increase my team goalscorer accum sweat. Also couldn't resist the PP enhanced odds of 15/4 for Aguero as first goalscorer

SPOILER

gl with your bet. I'm on the Higuain side for TG. I don't mind as long as Messi doesn't score too many tbh!

Comment

gl with your bet. I'm on the Higuain side for TG. I don't mind as long as Messi doesn't score too many tbh!
                                                        yeah, Messi scoring a lot would ruin lots of TGS tournament bets alright. Not too confident with Aguero tbh, he looked anything but sharp in the first game and that half chance there he didn't look promising, just hoping his class shines through.
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

On 1st goal up to 21st minute and for Argies to win both halves.

Get up goalie you swine, injury time means nothing to me.

Comment

Bosnia
                                                            Germany -1
                                                            Over 2.5 in this game
                                                            Over 3.5 in germany game
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

If you've backed a team in the 'Most yellow cards' market, and a player is issued a 2nd yellow card, how is it counted?

e.g

In Greece's 1st game, they picked up 2 yellows.
                                                              In their 2nd game, Katsouranis picked up 2 yellows, and 2 other players picked up yellows.

They are listed on WhoScored as having 4 yellows and 1 red
                                                              Other places have them as 6 yellows and 1 red.
                                                              Honduras have the exact same scenario as Greece.

Some betting sites e.g BetVictor use WhoScored as their 'go to' site for bets on highest rated players, so wondering how they'll decide it. I've done the bet with BV too if that makes a difference.

Comment

Iran remind me of New Zealand from last World Cup, superb defensive effort so far. Brazilians in crowd really getting behind them too, although probably just to needle Argentina.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Wp. Worked out perfectly for you too

Comment

The perfect result, bet shipped but Argues also safe through with a game to spare.

On Ghana +2 now @10/11
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Goals goals goals.

Really looking forward to this match.

Comment

Ghana over 3 corners evs, lumpage

Comment

Couldn't really see where the value was in this match, but on some corner bets. Card markets were a little short for my liking.

Have a feeling Ghana will get something from the match.
                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Sitch give me something to bet on in this next match. Too tired to think.

Comment

Think I'm just going to go with the unders in the cards markets for every game unless there's a very strong reason to suggest otherwise. The refs are being incredibly lenient.
                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                Sitch give me something to bet on in this next match. Too tired to think.
                                                                                Bosnia -1 for me. Nigeria no great shakes at all

Comment

Few bets going on this match for all the lols:

Dzeko FGS @4/1
                                                                                  Bosnia 2-0 @8/1
                                                                                  Bosnia 3-1 @13/1
                                                                                  Ht Bosnia 1-0 FT 3-0 @ 30/1
                                                                                  First goal OG @22/1
                                                                                  Anytime OG @12/1
                                                                                  Bosnia Win, Under 10 corners and under 40 booking @7/1
                                                                                  Under 30 Booking Points @3/1

Bosnia -1 @11/5

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    Bosnia -1 for me. Nigeria no great shakes at all
                                                                                    Alrighty, on this so.

Also over 10 corners (statistically very probable based on both teams previous matches) and under 40pts for 4/1. And Nigeria over 6 corners at 4/1.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post

Dzeko FGS @4/1
                                                                                      Bosnia 2-0 @8/1
                                                                                      Bosnia 3-1 @13/1
                                                                                      First goal OG @22/1
                                                                                      Anytime OG @12/1

Bosnia -1 @11/5
                                                                                      This is exactly the kind of shit required for tonight

Comment

FFS don't be one of them nights.

Comment

Bastardio

Comment

On Bosnia tonight, have Dzeko for TGS and Bosnia TGS, let's go!

Also just on 10+ corners for the laugh...

Comment

#prayforJohnOB

Comment

Absolutely robbed of dzeko 1st Goalscorer
                                                                                                PB

Comment

#prayforJohnOB
                                                                                                  and me

Comment

#prayforJohnOB
                                                                                                    On dzeko for next like a proper degen.
                                                                                                    3-1 with dzeko to score next and an OG please

Comment

Dzeko FGS @4/1 Robbed!!
                                                                                                      Bosnia 2-0 @8/1
                                                                                                      Bosnia 3-1 @13/1
                                                                                                      First goal OG @22/1
                                                                                                      Anytime OG @12/1

Bosnia -1 @11/5
                                                                                                      Above didn't go to plan
                                                                                                      Got on Dzeko to score second also, which summed it up.
                                                                                                      A big what if if Dzeko's goal was allowed

Comment

Costa Rica available at 7/2 versus England. Any reason to expect that price to move much between now and Tuesday? Any value in Costa Rica at that price?

On over 2.5 goals/under 40 card index for a treble tomorrow. Have doubles done and a single in the Belgium-Russia. Will likely do singles for other games too.
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Match lines look dissapointingly accurate today, will prob be tougher to find real value the more exposure these teams have through the competition. Bits of 6/4 about for over 2.5 in the opener looks about the best bet today.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Match lines look dissapointingly accurate today, will prob be tougher to find real value the more exposure these teams have through the competition. Bits of 6/4 about for over 2.5 in the opener looks about the best bet today.
                                                                                                            Not too sure there'll be too many goals in today's so i'm having a punt on Belgium to win to nil at 5/2. Also on a Hail Mary patent of Algeria/USA/Australia just so i can cheers on the underdogs because there's not much i can see worth punting in those games.

Comment

On the overs too and a small go on Mertens 2 or more.

Comment

First two matches a no goals double and and under 1.5 double

Two 0-0 and retirement beckons

Comment

On over 2.5, hardly happening, martens fg aswell.
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Missed the first half. On the below from the start
                                                                                                                    On lukaku fgs @9/2
                                                                                                                    Belgium,under 10 corners and under 30 booking points @12/1
                                                                                                                    Under 30 booking points @9/5

Comment

Missed the first half. On the below from the start
                                                                                                                      On lukaku fgs @9/2
                                                                                                                      Belgium,under 10 corners and under 30 booking points @12/1
                                                                                                                      Under 30 booking points @9/5
                                                                                                                      You wouldn't even know he's on the pitch!

Comment

how many points for a yellow and red in the booking points?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

You wouldn't even know he's on the pitch!
                                                                                                                          So I hear, hurling was a better choice anyway from what I have heard. Yup off he goes, 2 poor games from him.

@Honda, 10 yellow and 25 red. So can afford one more yellow and that's it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X