Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2024 Multi Sport Competition

2024 Multi-Sport - Google Sheets
    Google spreadsheet above with all the events, think everyone should have access to this.

Here are the first 22 events (more to come in July, estimate 45 in total)
    I haven't got around to finding start dates for every event yet, but the one that matters is GAA League One on Saturday 27th January.
    I'll pit these into a Google Spreadsheet on Friday evening, as I know some people prefer that.
    Event # Sport Event 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Start Date
    1 GAA Football NFL Division ONE 4 2 1 27/01/24
    2 GAA Football Ulster Championship 4 2
    3 Hurling NHL Division ONE A 4 2
    4 Soccer UEFA Conference League 4 2 1 1
    5 Soccer Euro 2024 Winner 4 2 1 1
    6 Soccer Euro 2024 Top Goal Scorer 4 2 1
    7 Soccer EPL LAST Place 31/12/24 4 2 1
    8 Rugby 6 Nations (Top Tryscorer) 4 2 1
    9 Golf US Masters 5 3 2 1 1
    10 Golf US Open 5 3 2 1 1
    11 Golf British Open 5 3 2 1 1
    12 Snooker World Championship 4 2 1 1
    13 Ice Hockey Stanley Cup 4 2 1 1
    14 Basketball NBA 2024 4 2 1 1
    15 Baseball World Series 4 2 1 1
    16 Horses Epsom Derby 4 2 1
    17 Cricket T20 World Cup 4 2 1 1
    18 Cricket T20 Blast 4 2 1 1
    19 Aussie Rules 2024 Season 4 2 1 1
    20 Darts World Cup of Darts (Country) 4 2 1 1
    21 Tennis French MEN 4 2 1 1
    22 Tennis Wimbledon WOMEN 4 2 1 1
    Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 21-01-24, 19:13.

All initial selection to be made by 6.30pm on Saturday 27th January (the day/time the GAA NFL League 1 starts). A bit earlier would be great so I can post the selections before the start.
    Gives you 10 days, ample. You can continue to make unlimited changes until the start date, so there's no downside to getting an entry in early (says he optimistically)

Send them in any format, spreadsheet, text, semaphore – I'll work it out.
    1. Mayo
    2. Cavan
    3 Clare etc

You can send me selections by any of the following methods.
    A private message here on IPB.
    A private message on boards.ie, username there is armaniJeanss.
    Or email me your selections to multisportcomp@gmail.com

I'll add more events during the first week in July to get to 45ish events.
    Watch out for....
    Event 7 is the EPL Last Place at the end of the year, not the season. So needs a bit of thought.

Changes throughout year.
    Five changes can be made to events, up to 5 days before the start date of that event.
    I'll update event deadlines on the thread throughout the year.

Official results on the End Date of each event will count, subsequent disqualifications are ignored.

Where an event has playoffs or a final following a league phase (e.g. Basketball, Aussie Rules) then the results of the final are what matters.
    If any events end in a tie for first or for places then relevant points will be split.
    Any disagreements on events winners or points I'll ask 3 non-involved members of IPB to decide.

Entry Fee & Prize money.
    Entry €50. I'll pm my bank account to participants.

~75% first, ~25% second.​

Comment

Link and stuff.

Proper Irish sports
      GAA League 1 runner and riders 2024 National Football League (Ireland) - Wikipedia
      and the Ulster Championship Draw 2024 Ulster Senior Football Championship - Wikipedia

Hurling Davision 1A. . 2024 National Hurling League - WikipediaA very competitive little section. I'll be awarding points to the 1-2 in this group after their 5 games, don't care how they subsequently get on in the semi-finals against the other group.

Soccer
      This is the draw for the last 24 of the UEFA Conference League 2023–24 UEFA Europa Conference League knockout phase - Wikipedia but watch out for the 8 teams in green who who are already through to the last 16 2023–24 UEFA Europa Conference League knockout phase - Wikipedia
      EPL Last place 31/12, heres the current bottom of the EPL and the top of the Championship 2023–24 Premier League - Wikipedia 2023–24 EFL Championship - Wikipedia
      Euro 2024 Group Draw UEFA Euro 2024 - Wikipedia

Golf
      Winners of the Golf Majors through the ages.
      Masters Tournament - Wikipedia
      U.S. Open (golf) - Wikipedia
      The Open Championship - Wikipedia

Fighting sports
      Last years 6N Top try scorers 2023 Six Nations Championship - Wikipedia
      Aussie Rules 2023 result 2023 AFL season - Wikipedia

Pub Sports
      Last years snooker. 2023 World Snooker Championship - Wikipedia
      Wales won the darts last year, will they be a rare repeat winner? PDC World Cup of Darts - Wikipedia

American stuff.
      Ice-Hockey season is already in progress, so you have a good head start here for all the use it will be 2023–24 NHL season - Wikipedia
      Basketball also started, though again was little help last year. 2023–24 NBA season - Wikipedia
      Here's last years baseball bracket. 2023 Major League Baseball season - Wikipedia

Howzat?
      T20 County cricket, the most pinsticky event of the lot. Here's last years results for all it matters 2023 T20 Blast - Wikipedia
      And the international T20. With the US and Windies hosting it going to be fun. 2024 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Wikipedia

Anyone for Tennis?
      French Open last year. Alcaraz time this year. One last Nadal? 2023 French Open – Men's singles - Wikipedia
      Wimbledon women. Could you name last years winner without clicking 2023 Wimbledon Championships – Women's singles - Wikipedia

Comment

... Once more into the trenches, in to deflate Riggers ego...

Comment

There's a google spreadsheet in the first post now, if people find that easier to work with.
          6 more days folks, Saturday 27th is start of GAA NFL. Get busy.

Comment

3 more days - get those entries flooding in.

Comment

In to win back my second place

Comment

Received entries from limpwhacker, Keane, luckforsome, and I'm done also. Rigger tells me he is on the way.

GAA NFL starts us off at 5.30pm tomorrow (Saturday). So 24 hours to get organised. Took me 10 minutes to put together my entry so no lack of time excuses (albeit my poor record suggests I need to think a little better)

Just going to tag a few people who indicated they would go again (not legally binding, always free to chance your mind) Strewelpeter, pokerhand, Lao Lao RichieM

And tagging a few regulars who didn't indicate they'd go again, perhaps scarred by failure. Be positive, Colin Montgomerie would never have won a major if he had that defeatist attitude.
                shrapnel, Solksjaer!

And tagging a few ex-champs to see if they still have what it takes premierstone, mdoug

Comment

Just emailed in enteries.

let me know if they don’t come through and I will resend

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                    Just emailed in enteries.

let me know if they don’t come through and I will resend
                    Got em, cheers

Comment

My selection submitted by PM

Comment

Received entries from limpwhacker, Keane, luckforsome, RichieM, Strewelpeter, Lao Lao and me.
                        So 7 so far, hopefully pick up a few more between now and 5.30.
                        Will update them all in the google spreadsheet at some stage this evening.
                        May not be back on before 5.30 so for transparancy in the first event (GAA League 1) I'm unsurprisingly on The Dubs.
                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 27-01-24, 12:09.

Comment

PM sent with entries. Thanks for running AJ
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Received from defending champ Rigger and former champ pokerhand.
                            So looking like a reasonably healthy 9 going to the starting post. Still 40 minutes for any late joiners.

Comment

Google Spreadsheet updated with all your selection. Please check I've everything correct (not easy to catch every PM with such a terrible vbulletin messaging system)
                              2024 Multi-Sport - Google Sheets

9 Entrants so €450.
                              Think I want to keep something for second place so how about 1st €330, 2nd €120.

Will send bank details to people next weekend.​

Comment

And the first 'leaderboard'.
                                I find it impossible to come up with a hurling event that has a big spread of selections, really thought I had it nailed this year
                                Richie the hero in rugby, preventing a Penaud sweep of picks.
                                Hurling Rugby GAA F Golf Snooker GAA F Soccer Horses
                                Latest Allianz Hurling League tables | RTÉ Gaa (rte.ie) 6NTTS NFL Div 1 Masters Worlds Ulster Conf League Derby
                                Rigger 0 Cork Penaud Kerry Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy
                                Lao Lao 0 Kilkenny Penaud Kerry Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow
                                limpwhacker 0 Cork Penaud Derry Rory Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy
                                Keane 0 Cork Penaud Kerry Rory Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy
                                ArmaniJeans 0 Kilkenny Penaud Dublin Rahm Selby Armagh Villa City of Troy
                                RichieM 0 Cork Van Der Merwe Kerry Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow
                                Strewelpeter 0 Cork Penaud Galway Rory Trump Armagh Villa City of Troy
                                luckforsome 0 Cork Penaud Kerry Rory Ronnie Derry Fiorentina City of Troy
                                pokerhand 0 Cork Penaud Kerry Rory Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy
                                Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-02-24, 14:48.

Comment

Not much variety in the selections... You would think most of them were two horses events.
                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Ah fek, missed this . I need to step outside the ol BBV more . With this kind of attention to detail i'd fail again anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                      Ah fek, missed this . I need to step outside the ol BBV more . With this kind of attention to detail i'd fail again anyway.
                                      Meh, I'm far more easy going than I was when I started this in 201x.
                                      See no real reason you couldn't get an entry in tomorrow.
                                      Probably have to limit your GAA Football League selection to the 4 teams who lost their first game though, would be a bit unfair otherwise to pick Mayo or Derry etc who all won.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Meh, I'm far more easy going than I was when I started this in 201x.
                                        See no real reason you couldn't get an entry in tomorrow.
                                        Probably have to limit your GAA Football League selection to the 4 teams who lost their first game though, would be a bit unfair otherwise to pick Mayo or Derry etc who all won.
                                        Thx . I'll see if i can get it together by this evening.
                                        I'm the big fish though.
                                        Someone just told me in work this morning there was PL matches on this midweek. i would have missed my pl fantasy updates again. some good sports around

Comment

March Change Deadlines

Aussie Rules 2024 Champion. Deadline 02/03/24 (aka tomorrow)
                                          Baseball World Series Deadline 15/03/24.

Deadline times 21:59 as always. You've 5 changes to use.

Current Selections
                                          Aussie Rules Baseball
                                          Season 2024 World Series
                                          Rigger 0 Brisbane Lions Atlanta Braves
                                          Lao Lao 0 Brisbane Lions LA Dodgers
                                          limpwhacker 0 Brisbane Lions Atlanta Braves
                                          Keane 0 Collingwood LA Dodgers
                                          ArmaniJeans 0 Collingwood Baltimore Orioles
                                          RichieM 0 Brisbane Lions LA Dodgers
                                          Strewelpeter 0 Carlton LA Dodgers
                                          luckforsome 0 Brisbane Lions LA Dodgers
                                          pokerhand 0 Collingwood LA Dodgers
                                          ​.

Bit of a slow start as always but should have a few results coming in over the next few weeks.
                                          Durwan Van de Merwe looking like an inspired anti-Penaud pick by Richie in the 6NTTS, Derry looking good for limpwhacker in the GAA NFL1 and Kilkenny (AJ, SP) doing better than Cork (everyone else) in the hurling league - all of these should end by the end of the month with the rugby first on St Patricks weekend..

Comment

Late March/Early April change deadlines

Baseball World Series Deadline 15/03/24 (today)
                                            Ulster Football Championship Deadline 02/04/24
                                            US Masters Golf Deadline 06/04/24

All deadlines times 21:59.

Current Selections
                                            Baseball Golf GAA F
                                            World Series Masters Ulster
                                            Rigger 0 Atlanta Braves Scheffler Derry
                                            Lao Lao 0 LA Dodgers Scheffler Derry
                                            limpwhacker 0 Atlanta Braves Rory Armagh
                                            Keane 0 LA Dodgers Rory Derry
                                            ArmaniJeans 0 Baltimore Orioles Rahm Armagh
                                            RichieM 0 LA Dodgers Scheffler Derry
                                            Strewelpeter 0 LA Dodgers Rory Armagh
                                            luckforsome 0 LA Dodgers Rory Derry
                                            pokerhand 0 LA Dodgers Rory Armagh
                                            Couple of results coming in over the weekend.
                                            6 Nations Top Try Scorer ends tomorrow night.
                                            Hurling Division 1A ends on Sunday.​

Comment

Result 1/45
                                              6 Nations Top Try Scorer

The RTE rugby bods kept referring to Dan Sheehans 6 tries, but the official site has him down for 5 . Guinness Men's Six Nations Statistics - 2024 - Guinness Men's Six Nations (sixnationsrugby.com)
                                              I'll go with the official result.

1st Dan Sheehan, Duhan van der Merwe. 3 points - RichieM.
                                              3rd James Lowe. 1 point - no-one.

Result 2/45
                                              Hurling League Division 1A.

I'll be awarding points to the 1-2 in this group after their 5 games, don't care how they subsequently get on in the semi-finals against the other group.
                                              1st Clare. 4 points - no-one.
                                              2nd Kilkenny. 2 points - Lao Lao, ArmaniJeans

Leaderboard, and RichieM becomes the early front-runner.
                                              GAA F Golf Snooker GAA F Soccer Horses Tennis Ice Hockey
                                              NFL Div 1 Masters Worlds Ulster Conf League Derby French Stanley Cup
                                              RichieM 3 Kerry Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow Alcaraz Colarado Av
                                              Lao Lao 2 Kerry Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow Djokovic Edmonton
                                              ArmaniJeans 2 Dublin Rahm Selby Armagh Villa City of Troy Djokovic Colarado Av
                                              Rigger 0 Kerry Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy Djokovic Edmonton
                                              limpwhacker 0 Derry Rory Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy Djokovic Boston Bruins
                                              Keane 0 Kerry Rory Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy Alcaraz Edmonton
                                              Strewelpeter 0 Galway Rory Trump Armagh Villa City of Troy Alcaraz Toronto
                                              luckforsome 0 Kerry Rory Ronnie Derry Fiorentina City of Troy Alcaraz Florida Panthers
                                              pokerhand 0 Kerry Rory Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy Alcaraz Edmonton
                                              ​.
                                              NFL Div1 final will be in a couple of weeks. Kerry, Derry & Dublin all still alive for their backers, but Galway out of contention for SP.

Comment

First change bin Rory for Scheffler please.

Comment

Jesus Derry had it won twice FFS. Certs to lose the shoot out

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                    Jesus Derry had it won twice FFS. Certs to lose the shoot out
                                                    Crying baby gets the dummy

Comment

A brave effort by the 13 men, but couldn't quite beat the referee in the end.

Result 3/45
                                                      GAA NFL

1st Derry. 4 points - limpwhacker.
                                                      2nd Dublin.2 points - ArmaniJeans.
                                                      3rd Kerry. 1 point- RichieM, Lao Lao, Rigger, Keane, luckforsome, pokerhand

Leaderboard, and a 3-way tie at the top.
                                                      Golf Snooker GAA F Soccer Horses Tennis Ice Hockey Basketball
                                                      Masters Worlds Ulster Conf League Derby French Stanley Cup NBA 2024
                                                      RichieM 4 Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow Alcaraz Colarado Av Boston Celtics
                                                      ArmaniJeans 4 Rahm Selby Armagh Villa City of Troy Djokovic Colarado Av Milwaukee Bucks
                                                      limpwhacker (1) 4 Scheffler Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy Djokovic Boston Bruins Milwaukee Bucks
                                                      Lao Lao 3 Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow Djokovic Edmonton Lakers
                                                      Rigger 1 Scheffler Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy Djokovic Edmonton Denver Nuggets
                                                      Keane 1 Rory Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy Alcaraz Edmonton Boston Celtics
                                                      luckforsome 1 Rory Ronnie Derry Fiorentina City of Troy Alcaraz Florida Panthers Lakers
                                                      pokerhand 1 Rory Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy Alcaraz Edmonton Lakers
                                                      Strewelpeter Rory Trump Armagh Villa City of Troy Alcaraz Toronto Milwaukee Bucks
                                                      ​.
                                                      US Masters Golf final round this day two weeks. 5-3-2-1-1 points available. Anyone but Scottie please.

Comment

April change deadlines

Ulster Football Championship Deadline 02/04/24 (tomorrow)
                                                        US Masters Golf Deadline 06/04/24
                                                        Snooker World Championship Deadline 15/04

Comment

Late April change deadline

Snooker World Championship Deadline 15/04

Comment

US Masters Golf final round this day two weeks. Anyone but Scottie please.
                                                            Fuck you, every other choking golfer.

Result 4/45
                                                            US Masters

1st Scottie Scheffler. 5 points - RichieM, limpwhacker, Lao Lao, Rigger.
                                                            2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th - no-one we had.

Leaderboard
                                                            Snooker GAA F Soccer Horses Tennis Ice Hockey Basketball Golf
                                                            Worlds Ulster Conf League Derby French Stanley Cup NBA 2024 US Open
                                                            RichieM 9 Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow Alcaraz Colarado Av Boston Celtics Rory
                                                            limpwhacker (1) 9 Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy Djokovic Boston Bruins Milwaukee Bucks Rory
                                                            Lao Lao 8 Ronnie Derry Villa Henry Longfellow Djokovic Edmonton Lakers Rory
                                                            Rigger 6 Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy Djokovic Edmonton Denver Nuggets Scheffler
                                                            ArmaniJeans 4 Selby Armagh Villa City of Troy Djokovic Colarado Av Milwaukee Bucks Scheffler
                                                            Keane 1 Ronnie Derry Villa City of Troy Alcaraz Edmonton Boston Celtics Scheffler
                                                            luckforsome 1 Ronnie Derry Fiorentina City of Troy Alcaraz Florida Panthers Lakers Rory
                                                            pokerhand 1 Trump Armagh Fiorentina City of Troy Alcaraz Edmonton Lakers Rory
                                                            Strewelpeter Trump Armagh Villa City of Troy Alcaraz Toronto Milwaukee Bucks Rory
                                                            ​​.
                                                            Snooker starts on Saturday, ends over the first weekend of May.

Comment

American sports playoffs

Ice-Hockey

Playoffs start Saturday. Everyone safely through to last 16 with one direct matchup of Toronto (SP) v Boston (limpwhacker)
                                                              All ties best of 7. Five teams are JFs at ~15/2<>8/1 so realistically it's still anyone's to win.
                                                              2024 Stanley Cup playoffs - Wikipedia
                                                              Stanley Cup Winner Betting Odds | Ice Hockey | Oddschecker​​

Basketball
                                                              Best of 7 playoffs also start Saturday though a couple of wild-card places still to be filled tonight.
                                                              Again everyone still in and one direct matchup with Denver (Rigger) v Lakers (3 picks).
                                                              Betting here is more certain about favs - 7/4 Boston, 3/1 Denver, 14/1 bar.
                                                              2024 NBA playoffs - Wikipedia
                                                              NBA Championship Winner Betting Odds | Basketball | Oddschecker​​

Comment

Hot favourites Derry unceremoniously dumped out in the first round by Donegal. Yay

Comment

Working...
                                                                X