Losing 3st in 3 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rebel View Post
    Sleep is very important for losing weight. Going to bed earlier and getting 8 hours makes working out easier and more alert. Diets get boring, I'd usually suggest indulging in 1 dirty munch a week, eating healthily all week and looking forward to a burger at weekend( defo avoid chips and chinese - every chinese contains a wine glass of fat). Although 3 stone in 3 months is very dramatic.

Best of luck though, money involved sounds like a great way to motivate.

As for food, I usually just start my shopping with stuff that grows is good, processed is bad.

More meals, aim for 5. I'd switch dinner with lunch to digest early. Work out early and recover with dinner.
    where are ya going with a wine glass of fat in a chinese?
    if you get something like szechuan full of veggies
    maybe your thinking of indian whoch if u let it go cold the fat gathers like ice on top
    lots of chinese and thai dishes with damn all fat lots of veg in them unlike indian takeaways full of fat and cream

Comment

Fuck off the lot of ye talking about chinese ffs I'm getting hungry just thinking about it & I'm meant to be getting focused now lol

Comment

Have you gotten a meal plan yet?

As someone who's sick of seeing BCB win every prop bet he's ever entered, I'm very willing to lend a hand!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          Have you gotten a meal plan yet?

As someone who's sick of seeing BCB win every prop bet he's ever entered, I'm very willing to lend a hand!
          Not yet havint had time tbh but I'm free the whole weekend so going to put it all together in writing for this weekend

My dick of a cousin looks like he cant be arsed any more so I very well could be calling on ye

Comment

starting today myself at getting a more 'normal' shape..

I was joking about my belly with kids etc and it didnt worry me as i was always skinny and its been a 'novelty extra' for last few years but at Waterford there was a full length mirror opposite toilet (when door was open) and the sight/site of myself 'disturbed' me

gonna be hard and i wish you all the best

ps. wife used to wonder why my belly was soo hard ......

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              he loses the odd one
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                starting today myself at getting a more 'normal' shape..

I was joking about my belly with kids etc and it didnt worry me as i was always skinny and its been a 'novelty extra' for last few years but at Waterford there was a full length mirror opposite toilet (when door was open) and the sight/site of myself 'disturbed' me

gonna be hard and i wish you all the best

ps. wife used to wonder why my belly was soo hard ......

http://www.motleyhealth.com/lose-wei...our-beer-belly
                What did it for me is the fact my tits are about to outgrow my misses

Comment

do you find yourself clasping your breasts chest as you run walk fast down stairs?

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                    where are ya going with a wine glass of fat in a chinese?
                    if you get something like szechuan full of veggies
                    maybe your thinking of indian whoch if u let it go cold the fat gathers like ice on top
                    lots of chinese and thai dishes with damn all fat lots of veg in them unlike indian takeaways full of fat and cream
                    Google "wine glass of fat"

Obviously not all meals but they use tons of lard for a lot. All those sauces taste good for a reason.

Comment

Just because it appears on the internet doesn't mean its true.
                      I would pay much attention to any site that soley refered to fat content - pretty clear sign that they haven't a clue. So much more at play.

I know the article you are refering to, and you are kinda reading it wrong. It wasn't every chinese. It was a massive 2,800 calorie meal that included prawn crackers (fried starch), crispy duck, and chicken balls. Basically all the fried foods so as to have the highest fat content, not a typical meal. And the size is much more of an issue than the fat, which was 120ml.

I'm not saying chinese take away is fine, its clearly isn't, but its not the fat content. The huge portion of rice and noodles are much more of an issue. Most of the sauces aren't very high in fat, chinese curry is far better than indian, even thai is high fat due to the coconut milk (which is good fat, but needs to be portioned carefully). The problem with chinese is carbs and sugar, sweet and sour sauce is basically a jam.

I'm all for avoiding take-away food, but people need to know why to avoid it and not just listen to scaremongering articles.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                        interesting thread;
                        A coworker ordered some tuna without the bread, which struck me as odd. He said that he’s trying to lose 20 lbs in a week. Now, he understands that he WILL fail in this goal. He knows he won’t actually be able to get to 20 lbs. But that’s not the issue here. I told him it was impossible for him to do it. There’s nothing he could do that would lose him 20 lbs in one week that he would survive. Another coworker suggested that it could happen if we trapped him in a sauna. The second guy als...

tldr; Although it is possible to dehydrate yourself for a large amount of weight, it varies between 3-8 lbs. With the higher amount being EXTREMELY over the top.

If he works his ass off, and gets close enough to it, then I believe he should be allowed dehydrate himself "over the line".

Good luck with this Donkathon.
                        One guy on 2p2 was saying they used to go on the bike machine inside the sauna to get to the weight needed for weigh in. Jockeys apparently live in the sauna aswell and if they're close have to make do with sips of water for the day.

Mellor/Theresa etc

I've been using the weight loss programme on the threadmill in work, basically its 1 minute walk at 6.7k 2 mins at a 10% incline at 6.7k 1 minute walk 1 minute run at 11.5k 1 min walk repeat.. I can do this for an hour resulting in me doing 7.5k and apparently burning 880 calories.

Sound good or would I be better off turning it into a type of HIIT with the incline run at 10k ish and the sprint at 15k ish and just doing 20 minutes or so?

I'm not fully committed to training/weight loss but I'm getting to the gym around twice a week doing the above along with some bike and some rowing, need to cut down on the carbs and quit the junk food next. Some great posts floating around these threads, cheers.

Comment

Its easy to talk about it but much harder to do.....

ie, I took kids to cinema tonight and treated them to a MacDonalds after and of course i had to have one too ( not to mention the pop corn at the pictures)

I bought tuna and salads today (non dressed) to 'snack' on

needless to say with a few vodkas in me whilst grinding away on tabs doritos and a sweet chilli dip was the accompaniment of choice instead

of course tmw i will start it proper

Donkathon ......I hope you have more determination and will power than I

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                            One guy on 2p2 was saying they used to go on the bike machine inside the sauna to get to the weight needed for weigh in. Jockeys apparently live in the sauna aswell and if they're close have to make do with sips of water for the day.

Mellor/Theresa etc

I've been using the weight loss programme on the threadmill in work, basically its 1 minute walk at 6.7k 2 mins at a 10% incline at 6.7k 1 minute walk 1 minute run at 11.5k 1 min walk repeat.. I can do this for an hour resulting in me doing 7.5k and apparently burning 880 calories.

Sound good or would I be better off turning it into a type of HIIT with the incline run at 10k ish and the sprint at 15k ish and just doing 20 minutes or so?

I'm not fully committed to training/weight loss but I'm getting to the gym around twice a week doing the above along with some bike and some rowing, need to cut down on the carbs and quit the junk food next. Some great posts floating around these threads, cheers.
                            HIIT / weights / resistance training means your body continues to burn calories over the next 8-24 hours as it aims to "fix" what you have broken by training hard. You will also reap the benefits of your body spending more time on growth and repair as opposed to eating itself (muscle included) when you are on a calorie deficit.

Cardio definitely has it's place in fat loss, but tbh, it's just something I almost never do compared to weights training and metcon/HIIT.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                              Its easy to talk about it but much harder to do.....
                              Definintely agree with this, first few days are key, once you get a rhythm going and get over the carb hump it starts to get easier to maintain the habit of healthy eating.

For me it involved moving out, and simply not having any shit food around. Just don't buy it, but obviously that's not exactly easy when you're living with family and are providing for them too.

Comment

I just wish I could get this freakin weigh-in done & money escrowed to get this going,

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                  Mellor/Theresa etc

I wouldn't bother with that program tbh, the intensity is way too low.
                                  It's most likely aimign to keep you in the "fat burning zone", at low heart rates the energy you burn is mostly from fat. It's basically bad science, as at higher heart rates, the even if the % from fat is lower, the amount from fat can be the same as the over all is higher. It doesn't even matter if none comes from fat during exercise, as you body needs to make it up alter.

As emmet says, i'd so with weights and HIIT as they create the afterburn he mention. I'd also add in some long steady cardio, at a pace you can maintain for 50-mins, or 3x 15 mins sessions etc. The reason being, its a good way to rack up the cals, and the resistance will look after the afterburn

Comment

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
                                    EDIT: This weekend wont work as Dom is busy, just pm'd Dom to check for next monday so I'll see how his fixed

Oh & Dom has aggreed to accept my part in cash so I'll give it to him at the weigh-in so we can arrage for your part online or whatever all is good with me

Do you want to be presend for the weigh-in or are you ok with Dom just taking it

If you want to be present can you tell me what times you can meet in the city so I can check does is suite Dom

Also with regards the scales, I was thinking or organising a weigh-in in some gym in dublin & pick up that scales from argos a few pages back
                                    That way once weighed in with the propper scales in the gym I can be weighed again with the argos scales & see how accurate it is

If Dom is happy with the accuracy I think that that scales will be ok for dom to keep with him for the weigh-out & use that

Failing in the accuracy test we'll arrange for the weigh-out in the same gym but I'd imagine the argos scales is going to be pretty accurate
                                    BCB?

Comment

bump de bump for BCB.

Also, I just accidentally linked to this "Emergency Plan only"

Comment

Working...
                                      X