Losing 3st in 3 months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing 3st in 3 months

So after reading the weight loss prop bet thread I decided it’s time to get this fat cunt into shape

I am seriously in the worst shape of my life atm & need the "get up & go" to do something about it
    & what better way to do that than to have a wager on it to keep it interesting

So this is what I have come up with,

I currently weight roughly between 16st 2lbs & 16st 7lbs & at only 5'4" in height yes I am seriously over weight

I found this site to calculate your body fat % http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/librar...calculator.htm & apparently I have almost 39% body fat

So onto the bet

Rules
    1. I must have an official weight-in that both myself & the taker/s are happy with the day before this starts
    2. I have from Thursday 21st of July until Friday 21st of October at the IPO2011 (3 Calendar Months) to lose 3st in weight (19.05kg)
    3. I have 3 official weigh-in attempts to reach the 3st loss
      (2 x weigh-ins I can request anytime I feel I have reached the weight to end the bet (I must give 24hr notice that I want this weigh-in) & 1x Final weigh-in which is reserved for the weigh-in on 21st of October, If I fail the first 2 weigh-ins I do not lose the bet but if I fail the final weigh-in I do lose. If however I do pass one of the weigh-in for losing 3st I do win the bet even if this is before 21st of October)
    4. If on my final weigh-in attempt I have not lost 3st in weight I lose the bet
    5. On the 21st of October I will have my final weigh-in at the IPO2011 @ 11am
    6. We must escrow any money that is being wagered before this starts
    7. We must arrange for someone who is willing to judge the first weigh-in & all of the other weigh-ins as well
      (We will also nominate another 2 persons who are willing if needed in case I request a weigh-in giving the 24hr notice required but the original judge cannot meet so one of the secondary judges will take the weight recording)
    8. These persons (Judges) will be nominated before the start
    9. For all weigh-ins I must wear only shorts, socks & t-shirt (no heavy clothing)

The amounts & odds
    I am willing to put up €250 & want 2/1 in my favour (i.e. You bet your €100 against my €50)

I will take bets in chunks of €25 & above

Your bet is not accepted until I confirm it is.

Originally posted by Donkathon View Post
    So after reading the weight loss prop bet thread I decided it’s time to get this fat cunt into shape

I am seriously in the worst shape of my life atm & need the "get up & go" to do something about it
    & what better way to do that than to have a wager on it to keep it interesting

So this is what I have come up with,

I currently weight roughly between 16st 2lbs & 16st 7lbs & at only 5'4" in height yes I am seriously over weight

I found this site to calculate your body fat % http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/librar...calculator.htm & apparently I have almost 39% body fat

So onto the bet

Rules
    1. I must have an official weight-in that both myself & the taker/s are happy with the day before this starts
    2. I have from Thursday 21st of July until Friday 21st of October at the IPO2011 (3 Calendar Months) to lose 3st in weight (19.05kg)
    3. I have 3 official weigh-in attempts to reach the 3st loss
      (2 x weigh-ins I can request anytime I feel I have reached the weight to end the bet (I must give 24hr notice that I want this weigh-in) & 1x Final weigh-in which is reserved for the weigh-in on 21st of October, If I fail the first 2 weigh-ins I do not lose the bet but if I fail the final weigh-in I do lose. If however I do pass one of the weigh-in for losing 3st I do win the bet even if this is before 21st of October)
    4. If on my final weigh-in attempt I have not lost 3st in weight I lose the bet
    5. On the 21st of October I will have my final weigh-in at the IPO2011 @ 11am
    6. We must escrow any money that is being wagered before this starts
    7. We must arrange for someone who is willing to judge the first weigh-in & all of the other weigh-ins as well
      (We will also nominate another 2 persons who are willing if needed in case I request a weigh-in giving the 24hr notice required but the original judge cannot meet so one of the secondary judges will take the weight recording)
    8. These persons (Judges) will be nominated before the start
    9. For all weigh-ins I must wear only shorts, socks & t-shirt (no heavy clothing)

The amounts & odds
    I am willing to put up €250 & want 2/1 in my favour (i.e. You bet your €100 against my €50)

I will take bets in chunks of €25 & above

Your bet is not accepted until I confirm it is.
    Nice post...Maybe we can do side bet? I try put on two stone in in 3 months and you lose 2 stone in same period? Obviously I will have to put in on in muscle as opposed to just eating none stop

Comment

I would be happy to put up 300 to your 150 if you do decide to take more bets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        subject to suitable weigh in/weigh out procedures & verification then I will book all your action.

I am pretty much out now until Sunday so we can thrash out terms there.
        Ok we'll talk more sunday/ monday

So it looks like we'll need 3 Judges in the dublin area guys (that will meet in city center location) who's willing to watch me lose money IRL?
        Last edited by Donkathon; 16-06-11, 18:27.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
          I would be happy to put up 300 to your 150 if you do decide to take more bets.
          Only comfortable @ €250 atm magic but will get back to you before the off

Comment

gl Donkathon, when you get started i'd be happy to give you all the advice you need to clean these feckers out.

For 33%

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
              gl Donkathon, when you get started i'd be happy to give you all the advice you need to clean these feckers out.

For 33%
              Its going to be though I know but I need this to get me going, changing my diet is going to be the worst as I havint eatin veg or salad stuff since well as long as I can remember maybe 10 or 11 years old

Comment

glgl. actually started in the gym myself this morning, brocolli with the dinner was weird . got to be done tho its now or never

Comment

If times suit, etc, I can be one of your celebrity judges if you want.

Comment

Gl with this I'm gonna be doing something similar myself, wont be betting on it doe.

one thing i will say is go to doctor first and get check up ect
                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                      glgl. actually started in the gym myself this morning, brocolli with the dinner was weird . got to be done tho its now or never
                      The weird thing is the misses is actually a vegetarian so she eats enough rabbit food for me & I eat enough lovely lovely lovely meat for her, I fancy a burger brb

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Deadly Dom, as said in the op we can arrange for the initial weigh-in the day before kickoff & I'll have two attempts to get to the loss of 3st during the 3 months but have to give at least 24hrs to arrange to meet & have a weigh-in, failing those two would only leave me with the final weigh-in @ the IPO

Comment

The weird thing is the misses is actually a vegetarian so she eats enough rabbit food for me & I eat enough lovely lovely lovely meat for her, I fancy a burger brb

Deadly Dom, as said in the op we can arrange for the initial weigh-in the day before kickoff & I'll have two attempts to get to the loss of 3st during the 3 months but have to give at least 24hrs to arrange to meet & have a weigh-in, failing those two would only leave me with the final weigh-in @ the IPO
                        Come running with me you will burn plenty of them calories off in no time...

Comment

Originally posted by corigi View Post
                          Come running with me you will burn plenty of them calories off in no time...
                          lol I think I definitly have to lose at least a stone befor I start to run cause my back is in bits

Comment

lol I think I definitly have to lose at least a stone befor I start to run cause my back is in bits
                            Making excuses already not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                              No excuses, 100% focused with this. Once I get the first helping of vegatables down & finish gagging will show myself how determined I am

Comment

It's not an excuse SickPuppy. At 16.5 stone he is over 100kg, which is very overweight for a guy of 5"4'.
                                Running is a high impact form of cardio, especially on tarmac or other hard surfaces and not something I'd advice for the OP for a few weeks. THe same applies to skipping, box jumps or any ridic stuff that has you bouncing around.

Other forms off cardio that are low impact are swimming (which isn't that effective if you can't swim pretty well) and rowing (which is very effective).

Diet is going to be key to winning this, excercise is only a slight benefit

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                  It's not an excuse SickPuppy. At 16.5 stone he is over 100kg, which is very overweight for a guy of 5"4'.
                                  Running is a high impact form of cardio, especially on tarmac or other hard surfaces and not something I'd advice for the OP for a few weeks. THe same applies to skipping, box jumps or any ridic stuff that has you bouncing around.

Other forms off cardio that are low impact are swimming (which isn't that effective if you can't swim pretty well) and rowing (which is very effective).

Diet is going to be key to winning this, excercise is only a slight benefit
                                  Also, not starting this for 5 week is bullshit, and I can't see how you justify it.
                                  You have your backer, you'll get judges over the next few days and can weighing next week.

THe IPO is nothing to do with it, June to September imo

Comment

Fair enough my back was in bits 3 years ago bottom 3 verterbrae used get badly swollen was 99% posture with physio sorted and was able to sprint jog and play 80 mins of rugby at 18.5 stone albeit im 6 4
                                    geninely wish uw ell donkathon but your going to need unreal discipline and amassive work ethic to achieve half of what u want in 3 months
                                    good luck

Comment

Can we book bets on Donkathon's side? Since there is people going against him?

I'd like a piece of his side providing he will do what I say?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Why do you think I'm only putting up €250, it'll sting yeah but not as much as €1,000 would incase I (Not even going to say it as failure is not an option)

Comment

Why do you think I'm only putting up €250, it'll sting yeah but not as much as €1,000 would incase I (Not even going to say it as failure is not an option)
                                          Here's the plan, you do what I say, you eat what I say, and you win the bet.

I book €x at same odds as you, so you're a liability on my books, if you fail, you cost me money.

I'm beyond busto, can you handle that on your conscience as well as failure?

Comment

Also, not starting this for 5 week is bullshit, and I can't see how you justify it.
                                            You have your backer, you'll get judges over the next few days and can weighing next week.

THe IPO is nothing to do with it, June to September imo
                                            Yeah the IPO has nothing to do with it its just a handy date for me as I have a lot of real life things happening atm & I know while I might have time to diet workouts would definitly get the long finger & I dont want to start it untill I know I have time for it

Comment

Unless your going to tell him to eat nothing. I reckon he's a pretty big dog to make this.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I'm beyond busto, can you handle that on your conscience as well as failure?
                                                No I couldn't sorry lol,

No offence but I'd be more comfortable with this only on my own shoulders, if I fail its on me

If you want to book side action go ahead I will be giving it 100% but dont need a coach

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                  Unless your going to tell him to eat nothing. I reckon he's a pretty big dog to make this.
                                                  its half apound a day which is 1750 calories one or two slip ups piss ups scoffing some takeaways and hes off the wagon and if hes carrying an injury back trouble limts
                                                  his options for exercise

Comment

No I couldn't sorry lol,

No offence but I'd be more comfortable with this only on my own shoulders, if I fail its on me

If you want to book side action go ahead I will be giving it 100% but dont need a coach
                                                    Lol@ dont need a coach
                                                    some of the guys here with great knowledge are young Emmet Mellor Teresa but they have good experience
                                                    and will share it for free Lurker as well for weightlifting
                                                    no shame in getting advice and help especially as theres your health and $$$$ on the line
                                                    if you didnt need help and advice youd not have gotten to this state
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 17-06-11, 00:16.

Comment

Emmet Ill take action with you if you want?
                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Lol@ dont need a coach
                                                        Sorry I meant as in I already have one planned, cousin is a fitness instructor

Comment

No I couldn't sorry lol,

It's not offensive, I'm willing to give you a push, and a major help with this, because I think you should be able to do it. Discipline is the most difficult thing to get to grips with, once you can stop yourself doing things you shouldn't, and get into a routine, you should fly through it.

If I were in your shoes, I'd bite at that offer. If you're not committed, you wont get there. It's not harsh, it's just true.

If I were to tell you to go into your kitchen and bin all the bread, pasta, rice, etc; would you?

To win this bet, you just need to be focussed and learned, I'll help with the second, but the first is on you!

Comment

Emmet Ill take action with you if you want?
                                                            Lol, not a chance, see above for reason

Comment

Best of luck with this John.

The only bit of advice I can offer is one that has already been said.

The main reason behind losing weight will be your diet.

I play hurling and it keeps my quite fit but in the past months I have put on a good bit of weight so looking to drop a stone myself. GL with it, I will definitily be following.

Comment

3 stone in 3 months sounds nuts to me. Would it not be hard to maintain this weight if you made it after cutting so much?

gl

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                  3 stone in 3 months sounds nuts to me. Would it not be hard to maintain this weight if you made it after cutting so much?

gl
                                                                  It'll be tough I've no doubt about that but I'm going for it, as for afterwards if I slowly build myself back to a healty cal count I think I should be ok but kevin will obviously sort me out with better advice as to maintaining it

Comment

your excuses for not starting it now are silly - there is very little that can be going on in your normal life that would actually prevent you from doing this, unless you intend on going on 5 stag Do's and three hot dog eating competitions over the next few few weeks

Also, the lads really do know what theyre going on about, esp when it comes to diet - which is were youll win this if you do at all. Take any and all advice theyll give you.

Also, seeing as veggie grub is very easily got for you - what are your biggest pitfalls you find?
                                                                    and what do you think will be the toughest obstacle you'll encounter?
                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Sorry to derail thread for my own questions but dont want to start my own n just wanna pick mellor/emmets brains for 1 or 2 things.

Few questions -
                                                                      SPOILER

At 16.5 stone he is over 100kg, which is very overweight for a guy of 5"4'.
                                                                      Whats an ideal weight for 24y/o male 6ft 4"

If I were to tell you to go into your kitchen and bin all the bread, pasta, rice, etc; would you?
                                                                      Is this the most essential thing?

I havent eaten any of them all this week iv been eating cereal, tuna salads, chopped fruit in natural yoghurt + different meats & veg + lots of bananas. Today instead of cereal i had a protein diet shake + another 1 after the gym (mixed on 350ml water w/ 2 scoops). I was only able for 4.4km on bike and 25kg on the weight machines but im not worried about that its only the start. .. Anything there i shouldnt be doing? Whats the thoughts on the protein diet shakes? Anything to add that i should be doing??

Cheers in advance

edit. if i give you X amount of $$$, will you make me a diet plan or should i just ask in the gym? , if yes let me know what you need to know obv weight etc which i havent even checked
                                                                      Last edited by Laois Hammer; 17-06-11, 00:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                        Also, seeing as veggie grub is very easily got for you - what are your biggest pitfalls you find?
                                                                        and what do you think will be the toughest obstacle you'll encounter?
                                                                        Changing my diet is going to be the toughest honestly as I serious gag when trying to eat vegatables, & the likes of coca cola as today for instance I have drank almost 2ltr

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post

gl
                                                                          Putting back on weight after a diet is a bit of a misconception.

With any severe diet you don't lose just fat, there's mucle, water and glycogen. The problem is that the latest fad crash diets don't explain this to dieters. When the body refills glycogen and water in the mucles and liver they get depressed as they think they put the fat back on. Which leads to "ah fuck it anyway it doesn't work" and they return to their bad ways. Now they put on the fat.

Donkathon, I have a pretty good diet book as a PDF that will help you with this, PM your email if you want it. It's small enough, and pretty east to digest (excuse the pun)

Comment

Sorry to derail thread for my own questions but dont want to start my own n just wanna pick mellor/emmets brains for 1 or 2 things.

Few questions -
                                                                            SPOILER

I havent eaten any of them all this week iv been eating cereal, tuna salads, chopped fruit in natural yoghurt + different meats & veg + lots of bananas. Today instead of cereal i had a protein diet shake + another 1 after the gym (mixed on 350ml water w/ 2 scoops). I was only able for 4.4km on bike and 25kg on the weight machines but im not worried about that its only the start. .. Anything there i shouldnt be doing? Whats the thoughts on the protein diet shakes? Anything to add that i should be doing??

Cheers in advance

edit. if i give you X amount of $$$, will you make me a diet plan or should i just ask in the gym? , if yes let me know what you need to know obv weight etc which i havent even checked
                                                                            Looking to lose weight?
                                                                            It's easy

How many Calories you Eat < How many calories you expel

That really is it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Obviously "how many" is the difference, and "what kind of calories" can hone in on the type of weight you lose, and how fast you lose it, but it really is a simple optimisation problem.

"How can I eat 3 meals a day of food I like while not eating more than X calories?"

Once you've got that under control, I'd look into the macros of things you're eating.

The carbs thing is a funny one, you need carbs for energy, but in terms of satiation, they're pretty pathetic. If I challenged you to eat 20 slices of bread, or a 37oz Steak, which would fill you up more?

In terms of satiation, you'll be more full from the steak, for certain! Yet they have a remarkably similar calorie content. Essentially you want to eat foods that will fill you up without "costing" you calories.

For anyone that's studied maths/economics/business/engineering in college, this should be a fairly straightforward optimisation problem / puzzle for you to work through.

Step 1 - Weigh everything you eat, everything you drink, and record it
                                                                            Step 2 - Use www.fitday.com or similar to count your calories.
                                                                            Step 3 - Adjust what you eat and how much you eat to keep within a calorie limit which is 500-300 below your daily maintenance limit.
                                                                            Step 4 - Be DISCIPLINED and do it ALWAYS
                                                                            Step 5 - rub money on your pecs (not titties)

Comment

#39
                                                                              Changing my diet is going to be the toughest honestly as I serious gag when trying to eat vegatables, & the likes of coca cola as today for instance I have drank almost 2ltr
                                                                              Best way to do it is eat lots of fats/protein. Carbs only around exercise.

Unfortunately, for a sugar addict like yourself this is going to make the period from 3days in, to 10 days in, very very very hard for you. If you can get past this, with your mental state intact and a solid, unbending routine, you might have a shot at this.

Comment

#40
                                                                                Also, Emmet you crazy mofo, you'd be waaaaay more full from 20 slices of bread. Satiety is one thing. Energy needs are another. Our good old bodies dislike, immensely, using protein for fuel (of which a steak is mostly).

A better example would be, if you ate 20 slices of bread and the equivalent (calorie wise) in Nuts. Then you'd prob be more full. Psychological factors aside.

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Steve, I challenge you to an eat off.

I will have 20 slices of buttered toast. You can have a 37oz steak

EDIT: Fuck me that looks lovely

Comment

#42

Few questions -

There's really no such thing as an ideal weight.
                                                                                    you could be 90kg and carrying too much fat, or you could be 100kg and in great shape. So bare in mind that muscle to fat ratio is a much better judge of ideal.

But to give you a value, 85-95kg. As long as you had a reasonable level of body fat, this would have you looking well.

There is nothing evil about carbs, pastas, rice, potatos, bread etc. The problem is that they are incredibly calorie dense., almost nobody knows what a correction portion is. And tbh, if you seen it, you'd feel like id did fill you. It's much better to pick other veg that is lower in cals, that way you fill up on that and get in far more vitamens and such. Feel physically full after less calories.

Cereal is generally crap, even the "good" of kinds are full of sugar.
                                                                                    the only who I'd suggest are weetabix and porridge. Meat and veg is good, as it fruit, but go easy on the bananas if you are trying to lose weight, easy to over eat them if you use them as a snack. Stick to one before the gym.
                                                                                    Protein shakes are good snacks, as long as you replace something with them. Don't just add them in on top of a diet (unless you are bulking up)

TBH I'd do it for free.
                                                                                    The meal plan is easy, your have to put in the work and stick to it

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Putting back on weight after a diet is a bit of a misconception.

With any severe diet you don't lose just fat, there's mucle, water and glycogen. The problem is that the latest fad crash diets don't explain this to dieters. When the body refills glycogen and water in the mucles and liver they get depressed as they think they put the fat back on. Which leads to "ah fuck it anyway it doesn't work" and they return to their bad ways. Now they put on the fat.

Donkathon, I have a pretty good diet book as a PDF that will help you with this, PM your email if you want it. It's small enough, and pretty east to digest (excuse the pun)
                                                                                      pm on route

Comment

#44
                                                                                        gl with this, have changed my diet dramatically in the last week thanks to Moneymaker and i feel so much better.. all i can say is start to like your vegtables.

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Pm en route to Mellor. Dont want to de-rail thread.

Cheers. And GL again.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Carbs and Protein have the same Calorie density Mellor.

Fats the most Dense, followed by Alcohol (although the way this is metabolized is different so could mean its less).

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Carbs and Protein have the same Calorie density Mellor.

Fats the most Dense, followed by Alcohol (although the way this is metabolized is different so could mean its less).
                                                                                              Carbs and protein are roughly equal, 4cals per g

But calories density is slightly different. It's a combo of the number of carbs/calories per 100g and also the actual density (the weight of a normal portion).

As an example, 100g banana has way more calories than 100g strawberrys.

Comment

#48
                                                                                                Carbs and protein are roughly equal, 4cals per g

But calories density is slightly different. It's a combo of the number of carbs/calories per 100g and also the actual density (the weight of a normal portion).

As an example, 100g banana has way more calories than 100g strawberrys.
                                                                                                Yeah I know that. I think its a case of semantics. Im dealing in Macros and you're dealing in Foods.

Better stop now before I confuse myself and others more.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  ok - ideally we would have judges that are known here on IPB. Also I would have a preference for a non electric scales as I guess they have a margin of error that is dependent on how much you spend on the scales. (may or may not be true but it my poorly informed personal bias)..

One of the scales that you get in a gym that looks like this would be my preferenc ebut I am open to direction

Ok the scales thing needs to be more agreed upon I think,

A scales in a gym would be more accurate I guess but not very practical.....

What about this http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/p...er/8331458.htm
                                                                                                  (Dom buys & keeps it with him & I'll pay him for it then at the end of this the loser of the prop bet pays for the scales also?)

SPOILER
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Argos Review
                                                                                                  sorry not good

By christine

from wigan,

Overall Rating

1 Star Poor

Recommend to a friend? No

"bought these on offer, got them home and they were weighing about three stones less than they should do. took them back for another set and they were exactly the same, had to get a refund. Don't know if anyone else has had this problem or i'm really unlucky"
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Argos Review
                                                                                                  Shocking!!!!

By Planejane

from Weston Super Mare

Overall Rating

1 Star Poor

Recommend to a friend? No

"If you want to be weighed 3 stone lighter than you are then these scales are for you. No matter where we placed then I was either 2-3 stone lighter than I am lol.
                                                                                                  Took back and got a refund. Very disappointed :0("

Of the 23 reviews only the 2 above were bad & obviously the same fault in the actual scales for both to be 3 stone off.
                                                                                                  Out of 23 reviews it has 2 as above who gave it (1 out of 5) (then 4 people scored 4 out of 5) & (17 people gave it 5 out of 5)

I think these would be accurate enough tbh,
                                                                                                  As a "Just in case" we can take 5 readings then divide it x 5 for a better average over the same scales

Obviously Dom/ another judge would have the final say on it if he was happy with the readings taken or not
                                                                                                  (Not hard to notice if its off)

If Dom is not happy with the reading take then we can retake the weigh-in/ out in a gym?

Dom has offered to Judge & I think thats as well known as possible on here & trust you dont have a problem with this so we just need to another 1 or 2 as a back-up

Last edited by Donkathon; 20-06-11, 10:13.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    If ye need me to do anything for this, drop me a pm.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      If ye need me to do anything for this, drop me a pm.
                                                                                                      Cheers Dom just waiting for BCB to get back to me if the above scales are ok then I'll shit to you € online if thats ok & you pick up the scales so it cannot be said I was alone with it

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        A physician's scales like the above would be perfect, although not a huge importance.
                                                                                                        A digital scales like in the gym would be fine, most weigh to nearest 50g which is acceptable for the purposes of the bet.
                                                                                                        An argos scales would do too if you need it do it in the home, pretty east to test them, get the scales, record weight, then get on with a known weight (such as a 20kg plate) and see if it marches (+/- one increment is normal here)

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Ok this obviously hasn't kicked off today but I want to get this going asap now so I'm pm'ing dom to see is he still ok to act as escrow & judge & I'll have the loot shipped asap to get everything moving

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Ok this obviously hasn't kicked off today but I want to get this going asap now so I'm pm'ing dom to see is he still ok to act as escrow & judge & I'll have the loot shipped asap to get everything moving
                                                                                                            Ok Dom is on board providing the times suite so pm enroute to noel & we get this whale off the ground

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              There should be some kind of rule in place that you can't just spend half the day in the sauna cutting weight before the weigh-in imo. Don't see it mentioned unless I missed it.

Best of luck with it Donkathon.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                interesting thread;
                                                                                                                A coworker ordered some tuna without the bread, which struck me as odd. He said that he’s trying to lose 20 lbs in a week. Now, he understands that he WILL fail in this goal. He knows he won’t actually be able to get to 20 lbs. But that’s not the issue here. I told him it was impossible for him to do it. There’s nothing he could do that would lose him 20 lbs in one week that he would survive. Another coworker suggested that it could happen if we trapped him in a sauna. The second guy als...

tldr; Although it is possible to dehydrate yourself for a large amount of weight, it varies between 3-8 lbs. With the higher amount being EXTREMELY over the top.

If he works his ass off, and gets close enough to it, then I believe he should be allowed dehydrate himself "over the line".

Good luck with this Donkathon.
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                                                                                                  There should be some kind of rule in place that you can't just spend half the day in the sauna cutting weight before the weigh-in imo. Don't see it mentioned unless I missed it.

Best of luck with it Donkathon.
                                                                                                                  Thats like havint a hotdog eating contest but only win if you dont get sick for that day,

I'm not saying I'll 100% be dehydrating myself to push myself over the edge but its definitly not what I'm aiming for but again I wouldn't see this as something that should be against any rules

Thoughts bcb?

If Dom is happy to verify the weigh in then proceed. Dom perhaps get a couple of pics for some before and after. weigh in clothes must be same as weigh out clothes etc. 3 calander months from time of weigh in to time of weigh out.
                                                                                                                  Sound what we doing with the cash?

Can give it to Dom in cash at the weigh-in or I'll get his online details & can do WillHill-PP-Boyles or Pokerstars

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Thats like havint a hotdog eating contest but only win if you dont get sick for that day,

I'm not saying I'll 100% be dehydrating myself to push myself over the edge but its definitly not what I'm aiming for but again I wouldn't see this as something that should be against any rules
                                                                                                                    First of all, you'll have to stop thinking about hotdog eating contests if you're going to have any chance of doing this

I'd like to see you do it the old fashioned way as you're more likely to keep the weight off. I presume you're doing it for the long-term health benefits which are more important than any prop bet.

I genuinely think you will fail but I really hope you prove me wrong.Your diet will have to be flawless for three months to achieve this. I don't think you know what you're letting yourself in for. You can't let real life get in the way.

As the lads have said, we'll all help out with advice if you want/ask for it. That fitness instructor better be good!

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      EDIT: This weekend wont work as Dom is busy, just pm'd Dom to check for next monday so I'll see how his fixed

Oh & Dom has aggreed to accept my part in cash so I'll give it to him at the weigh-in so we can arrage for your part online or whatever all is good with me

Do you want to be presend for the weigh-in or are you ok with Dom just taking it

If you want to be present can you tell me what times you can meet in the city so I can check does is suite Dom

Also with regards the scales, I was thinking or organising a weigh-in in some gym in dublin & pick up that scales from argos a few pages back
                                                                                                                      That way once weighed in with the propper scales in the gym I can be weighed again with the argos scales & see how accurate it is

If Dom is happy with the accuracy I think that that scales will be ok for dom to keep with him for the weigh-out & use that

Failing in the accuracy test we'll arrange for the weigh-out in the same gym but I'd imagine the argos scales is going to be pretty accurate
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Donkathon; 25-07-11, 14:28.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Sleep is very important for losing weight. Going to bed earlier and getting 8 hours makes working out easier and more alert. Diets get boring, I'd usually suggest indulging in 1 dirty munch a week, eating healthily all week and looking forward to a burger at weekend( defo avoid chips and chinese - every chinese contains a wine glass of fat). Although 3 stone in 3 months is very dramatic.

Best of luck though, money involved sounds like a great way to motivate.

As for food, I usually just start my shopping with stuff that grows is good, processed is bad.

More meals, aim for 5. I'd switch dinner with lunch to digest early. Work out early and recover with dinner.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X