X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    A good day.

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...1&d=1424942313

Recollared and recuffed S&G shirts. No extra costs and like new. 150 beginning to look like a good price imo.
    How many wears approx before you got them re-done?
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      How many wears approx before you got them re-done?
      I wore them every second week for the past 2 to 2.5 years. So I'd say 50+ wears and washes.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Saville Row, shirts are all 26 euro each,saving up to 39 euro t
        The code at checkout is LUCKY
        Ends midnight 17th march

Quality clothing at affordable prices. Shop men's formal shirts, casual shirts, tailored suits, nightwear, accessories and womenswear from Savile Row. Rated Excellent on Trustpilot. Free UK delivery on orders over £80.

Comment

Bought a wallet and a belt from the Worcestershire leather company, great service and quality.

Comment

Tailors Mark 50% off sale this weekend.

Code is FABRICS50

Comment

Bah, still no sign of my order unfortunately so can't go in for more yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                I got one, rather natty check effort. Three more in the post.

Looking forward to seeing how my colour blind internet selections match up in the light of day.

Comment

Pro Tip.

Buy a gift card for half price. Purchase the shirt at your leisure.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

In for one.

Mayfair, black, 1.25, palladium plated buckle.
                    London Tan belt just landed. Fair to say it is a sporting man's belt.

Goddamn colour blindness strikes again.

Comment

You have me worried now....

Mine is: "in workshop"

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        I got an email yesterday telling me that my order had been dispatched. Looking forward to receiving them.
                        How tempted were to to get the horseshoe

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                          You have me worried now....

Mine is: "in workshop"
                          I genuinely don't know what colour it is.

Light brown, sort of. It looks kinda dashing.

Comment

You'll just have to wear it with red trouser and tan boots! Own it.

Comment

paging /r/malefashionadvice, we have an emergency.

Comment

Modern tailor shirt arrived today, I'm impressed that the postman managed to stuff it through the post box opening!

Fairly disappointed tbh, sleeves are a good inch too small (I'll have to fire the person that measured me , along with the sleeves; the shoulders are a touch too narrow, armholes and waist are too big.) so it's hard to really judge the rest objectively, but material is meh, plastic buttons, double needle stitching, would have preferred the final buttonhole to be horizontal, seems to be a flaw in the construction of one of the shoulders, also I had the inside of the collar monogrammed but the big "tailorsmark.com" label take away from it slightly!

I suppose you get what you pay for (where else would you get a €50 MTM shirt) but I wouldn't really be in a rush back with improved measurements/

Comment

Modern tailor shirt arrived today, I'm impressed that the postman managed to stuff it through the post box opening!

Fairly disappointed tbh, sleeves are a good inch too small (I'll have to fire the person that measured me , along with the sleeves; the shoulders are a touch too narrow, armholes and waist are too big.) so it's hard to really judge the rest objectively, but material is meh, plastic buttons, double needle stitching, would have preferred the final buttonhole to be horizontal, seems to be a flaw in the construction of one of the shoulders, also I had the inside of the collar monogrammed but the big "tailorsmark.com" label take away from it slightly!

I suppose you get what you pay for (where else would you get a €50 MTM shirt) but I wouldn't really be in a rush back with improved measurements/
                                  most of that sounds like it's your own fault tbh! (wtf would you want the inside collar monogrammed for anyway?)

I got poplin and tweed shirts this time around - noticeably better than the dobby and Lacoste weaves I got first time. Happy with mine.

Comment

most of that sounds like it's your own fault tbh! (wtf would you want the inside collar monogrammed for anyway?)
                                    It was included (and anywhere else is a bit obnoxious imo)

Ah yeah all the sizing is obv 100% my (helper's ) fault, it's just I don't wear shirts in regular use so I'd rather pay for 4/5 really top notch products that I'm really happy with, you're not really getting (or paying!) that with MT.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 01-04-15, 16:46.

Comment

In for one.

Mayfair, black, 1.25, palladium plated buckle.
                                      Arrived and its spot on. Sorry I didn't order more when sterling was weaker now. Will probably pick up a few more when price moves in my favour and I've worn this one for a few months to check longevity but so far pretty impressed.

Comment

It was included (and anywhere else is a bit obnoxious imo)

Ah yeah all the sizing is obv 100% my (helper's ) fault, it's just I don't wear shirts in regular use so I'd rather pay for 4/5 really top notch products that I'm really happy with, you're not really getting (or paying!) that with MT.
                                        Measuring yourself is difficult as is picking the fabrics online. I think you should contact Delores in BT and get her to ring you the next time S&G are doing a fitting. You'd enjoy the whole experience and its worth it for a few great shirts.

There's some crowd in Italy that Simon Crompton recommends that do great bespoke shirts that would suit a guy with your build. Check out permanent style if you were heading to Milan for whatever reason.

Comment

Picked up this watch.

SPOILER

Will do until i can afford this

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 09-04-15, 13:38.

Comment

My wife is calling it yellow and orange.

I'm hoping it 'dulls down' a little.

Build quality looks spot on though.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

knock yourself out here
                                                Discover men's trousers & chinos on sale at ASOS. Choose from the latest collection of trousers & chinos for men and shop your favourite items on sale.

No you dont need to spend a lot for nice trousers to wear with shirts.

Edit: I really like Ted baker trousers. Also you can often find sweet deals in tkmaxx if you are so inclined to do effort, hit and miss.
                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 21-04-15, 14:26.

Comment

could deffo see Hitch in these lol

Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                    Howdy fashionistas. I need to turn up for new job in non-jeans + shirt. Have a pleasing array of high quality shirts, but no trousers. Was hoping to pick up maybe three or four suit-type decentish pairs somewhere for about fifty a piece. Any ideas? Or is that far too low a price per trousers while still expecting them to look decent?
                                                    Up the budget to 100-130 apiece and hit BT and Louis Copeland if you want to go B&M. Gant in Dundrum is also an option. Get the waist taken in if you need to. Fit is important.

Make sure you have a pleasing array of shoes to wear as well!

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                      could deffo see Hitch in these lol

Haha quite the impression i imagine, I only linked to sale trousers btw hitch, theres probably hundreds of pairs on that site to choose from.

Comment

Up the budget to 100-130 apiece and hit BT and Louis Copeland if you want to go B&M. Gant in Dundrum is also an option. Get the waist taken in if you need to. Fit is important.

Make sure you have a pleasing array of shoes to wear as well!
                                                        B&M better for this if not sure on sizing and fit of different brands.
                                                        and here is how to fit those pants Hitch!
                                                        Pants act as an anchor for your style, swapping one pair for another can completely change the image you convey. Learn how your pants should fit.

Comment

One thing that annoys me so much when talking about sizing in general is this shite, drives me mad:

Comment

Comment

tkmaxx can be class, have seen plenty of designer clothes up to 100-500 euro off but it's rather hit and miss bin diving Drives me mad how the trousers that are left are always too long for me but I think you are taller than me. You just have to be lucky with a fit.

Savile row suit trousers were 20e there the last day.

Comment

Danger to myself, went town to buy a new tie for a current suit and after a frankly outrageous upselling attempt from salesman Paddy I ended up dropping this🙈. Legit clobber though.
                                                                Attached Files
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Danger to myself, went town to buy a new tie for a current suit and after a frankly outrageous upselling attempt from salesman Paddy I ended up dropping this🙈. Legit clobber though.
                                                                  All credit to Paddy in fairness. A serious upsell achieved.

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2SZ20S0KHCSDB

Saw this walking by Fields a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. Was stupidly going to pay the €500+ price tag then and there. Think I can pull the trigger now..
                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

So I've been thinking off and on about pulling the trigger on a really high quality leather briefcase and a portfolio. Two contenders in the ring at what I think are very competitive prices given the quality of the materials and workmanship.

Saddleback here http://www.saddlebackleather.com/briefcasethin?quantity=1&custcol2=Chestnut&custcol 3=Pigskin&custcol15=Current

Or Linjer here.

http://www.linjer.co/collections/sho...iefcase-cognac

I really like the Linjer folio

http://www.linjer.co/collections/sho...rtfolio-cognac

They are doing a deal on indiegogo which makes a combo purchase even more attractive.

Any views or alternatives I should consider? Sorry Tar its gotta be real leather for me.

Comment

The Linjer folio looks very good but the briefcase looks like a womans handbag

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                          The Linjer folio looks very good but the briefcase looks like a womans handbag
                                                                          Yeah I hear you Brian. The saddleback has a more rugged feel to it...

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                            http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...A2SZ20S0KHCSDB

Saw this walking by Fields a couple of weeks ago and fell in love. Was stupidly going to pay the €500+ price tag then and there. Think I can pull the trigger now..
                                                                            I bought this in Vegas back in 2011 and I think I paid about $600 at the time for it. Love it and still wear it all the time. Would definitely recommend them. Have been looking recently at upgrading but going to the States in June/July so will probably wait until I'm over there.

Comment

Man bags mates.
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Would recommend mechanical movement if spending a lot on a watch.

Riggs, man bag user and proud. Yes equality 2015.

Comment

What manbag have you m8?

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                  Wallet makes the man, I am a hippy so got a cork wallet Feels lovely.

Where'd you get the cork wallet? I got a cork notebook in Tiger for 3e. Does look and feel class tbf. If you are in the market for a notebook, I recommend it m8.

Comment

My manbag is a WWII medic bag, pretty hipster. I also have a GoT one.

This kinda thing:

I'll have a look for that cheers. The wallet does feel class, like some dead wine cork is caressing my hands. It was pretty dear though, maybe 50-60ish?

Shop Vegan Cork Wallets, Cork Handbags and Cork Belts by Corkor located in Setúbal, Portugal. Smooth dispatch! Has a history of dispatching on time with tracking. Speedy replies! Has a history of replying to messages quickly.

Etsy is class

Comment

Tommy in Boylans picked up a big batch of great shoes at a good discount recently (due to another store ordering too much stuff and not being able to shift them).

Bottom line is Ive just picked up a pair of black Chelsea Church boots for 350 and dark brown suede double monk anniversary edition barkers for 150. Easily 650+ elsewhere.

Select sizes only.

Comment

Quite the impactful tie

Comment

..

Comment

Www.bjornborg.com 30 percent off today only, code vipevent. Be careful spent obscene amount on underpants

Comment

Like this site, might get some things:
                                                                                              Cena domeny: 500 PLN (do negocjacji). Oferta sprzedaży znajduje się w serwisie AfterMarket.pl, największej giełdzie domen internetowych w Polsce.

Cena domeny: 500 PLN (do negocjacji). Oferta sprzedaży znajduje się w serwisie AfterMarket.pl, największej giełdzie domen internetowych w Polsce.

Dont think i'll be paying over 100 for a tshirt though.
                                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-06-15, 09:42.

Comment

Cross post from here http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...=15078&page=13

Where can I buy jeans/chinos that fit non anorexic legs? I've a 32 inch waist, but my arse/quads can't get into most 32 inch trousers. Anything with "skinny" in the name does not go on me. Simple.
                                                                                                However, I don't want baggie trousers. What styles are worth looking at? Any sites worth a look?
                                                                                                ASOS options for jeans include "Skinny", "Slim", "Super Skinny" and "Extreme Super Skinny", all of which are out of scope I'd reckon!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  Cross post from here http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...=15078&page=13

Where can I buy jeans/chinos that fit non anorexic legs? I've a 32 inch waist, but my arse/quads can't get into most 32 inch trousers. Anything with "skinny" in the name does not go on me. Simple.
                                                                                                  However, I don't want baggie trousers. What styles are worth looking at? Any sites worth a look?
                                                                                                  ASOS options for jeans include "Skinny", "Slim", "Super Skinny" and "Extreme Super Skinny", all of which are out of scope I'd reckon!
                                                                                                  Try Edwin jeans. They come in 1 inch increments for both waist and leg. I get mine in genius in Dublin but I'm sure Google will tell you where to go in the UK.

Comment

Where's good for a few casual t-shirts? Something like threadless?

Comment

Shop cool graphic tees selected by a community of creative and unique designers. Browse new graphic t-shirts from artist all over the world at Design By Humans.

Comment

Looking at buying a versatile suit for weddings and other events. I'm assuming a light to mid coloured grey would be the way to go?

Thinking is that I'd have options to go black shoes/belt or brown shoes/belt and would have a few options for different colour shirts. This the right way to go?

Comment

The most versatile colour to get a suit in is gray or navy, so I would definitely go with grey if you are just buying one suit. Walnut/brown and grey is the best combination of colours for a suit imo, however you have to think about your tie. For instance if you were wearing a black tie to something you would have to wear a black belt and shoe. Also depends on the occasion, you wear darker shoes for more formal occasions, something at least as dark as your suit etc, so either a dark brown or black shoe with a charcoal suit in such situations, but lighter shoes for summer/lighter occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                            The most versatile colour to get a suit in is gray or navy, so I would definitely go with grey if you are just buying one suit. Walnut/brown and grey is the best combination of colours for a suit imo, however you have to think about your tie. For instance if you were wearing a black tie to something you would have to wear a black belt and shoe. Also depends on the occasion, you wear darker shoes for more formal occasions, something at least as dark as your suit etc, so either a dark brown or black shoe with a charcoal suit in such situations, but lighter shoes for summer/lighter occasions.
                                                                                                            Oh yeah, don't worry I won't be sporting a black tie with brown shoes and belt. I've got at least a little bit of sense.

Is there any reasons to go two piece over three piece and vice versa?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                              Oh yeah, don't worry I won't be sporting a black tie with brown shoes and belt. I've got at least a little bit of sense.

Is there any reasons to go two piece over three piece and vice versa?
                                                                                                              A Navy two piece IMO. Get it fitted/altered as needed.

Very versatile and you don't look like a 3 piece hipster trying too hard. A clean crisp well fitted shirt, block colour tie with a bit of texture, good belt and solid shoes matching the belt. Black is easiest and most versatile. Make sure the shoes are gleaming.

Light grey works better in summer but is a bitch for picking up dirt and hard to get the right coat to go with in spring/autumn and just looks wrong in winter.

My 2nd suit colour after navy would be charcoal grey. A 3 piece only suits the slimmer gent and at the cheaper end of the market you risk looking like a Conor McGregor wannabe.

Edit to add: if your looking for attention and are in good nick go for an Italian slim cut blue suit. It can really pop if you are a younger gent in trim condition.
                                                                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 26-06-15, 21:29.

Comment

Don't get a 3 piece tehse are often seen as power business suits (impactful) or cheap. It's hard to go from knowing nothing about suits to rocking a 3-piece. Believe me it gets complicated fashion wise, down to what your buttons are and what buttons you can leave fastened depending on your cuff...and when so keep it simple for now

here is a guide for you to start off, not perfect but v good for beginning.

Comment

Ended up getting a navy Baumler suit. Really like the jacket, think it fits really well, pants are getting altered so hopefully they end up fine.
                                                                                                                  Anyone have any experience with this brand?

Comment

No experience sorry!

Went a bit mad with clothes in the last week or two.

[Rock & Religion grey jeans](http://www.asos.com/rock-religion/ro...hRedirect=true)

[Religion baseball shirt](http://www.asos.com/religion/religio...2&gridcolumn=1)

[Religion tshirt](http://www.asos.com/religion/religio...hRedirect=true)

[French Connection grey jeans](http://www.asos.com/french-connectio...hRedirect=true)

[asos charcoal chinos](http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-slim-c...hRedirect=true)

[asos check shirt](http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-shirt-...1&gridcolumn=3)

[Jack&Jones check shirt](http://www.asos.com/jack-jones/jack-...3&gridcolumn=1)

[asos check shirt](http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-shirt-...hRedirect=true)

[asos check shirt](http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-shirt-...1&gridcolumn=3)

OK that's enough check shirts for a lifetime

[Levi 511 black stretch jeans](http://www.levi.com/US/en_US/mens-jeans/p/045114406)

[Bjorn borg red bird silhouette pants](http://bjornborg.scene7.com/is/image...B700$&fmt=jpeg)

[bjorn borg roscoe runners](http://images.zoovillage.com/images/...neakers_d3.jpg)

Comment

...

Comment

Sure you have enough check shirts Tar?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Serious hat question (despite the inevitable suggestions to wear a beret while smoking a cigar and growing a Poirot mustache).

What's a good hat to wear in a bit of heat?

Don't like baseball hats due to lack of personal chaviness.

Is there a decent website where you can see a decent collection of somewhat stylish summer hats?

I guess hats outside the summer are a big fashion no-no unless you are 90+ years old?

Quite like hats, but never really considered them before.
                                                                                                                          If not a good quality baseball cap you are left with something like a panama hat or bucket hat for the summer. But you need a good stylish well fitting one to not look like a fisherman or asian tourist.
                                                                                                                          Hats outside summer are fine, you just wear different hats.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          Sure you have enough check shirts Tar?
                                                                                                                          I need more if I'm gonna visit the countryside!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X