Clear All

Originally posted by dobby View Post
    Scoozi's
    found this during week seems nice, anyone been? Good veggy menu too

Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

What tv shows should I be watching? Up to date with all the usual suspects. What new ones have started?
      The night of is decent.
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        Off to Cork tomorrow with WhiteKnights woman ,( grub and pub recommendations please )Grub has to have a good vegetarian option and has to have steak!

Hopefully come home in one piece and no broken bones
        Had a very tasty and reasonably priced dinner here last year:

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          The night of is decent.
          Yep. Halfway through episode 1 right now. Off to a good start anyway

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
            Yeah would have sympathy in that a lot of where you end up in life is down to sheer luck. She is being used by Sinn vein to embarrass government though.
            The housing situation in Dublin just seems uber grim,why the fuck won't they build up and high density? Fuck the Irish times "it'll ruin the character of the city" nimbus.
            Cos the councillors wont vote for it and as they represent the people its our fault.

Comment

Sound. Only one I haven't seen is the get down so will give it a spin. I tried stranger things and couldn't get into it. Worth going back to?

That looks pretty good. Cheers.
              I loved Stranger things, sure give it another episode and if it doesn't float your boat you can always move along.
              The music and general vibe in The Get Down is class, well worth anyone's time imo.

Don't recall any feedback on The Get Down in here, people like it?

Comment

In Waterford.

Ended up in a biker bar, where should I go next?

Where for a nice steak 2moro more importantly?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                  Had a very tasty and reasonably priced dinner here last year:

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restauran...unty_Cork.html
                  Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                  In Waterford.

Ended up in a biker bar, where should I go next?

Where for a nice steak 2moro more importantly?
                  some steak fetish going on tonight
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Went here for steak on Wednesday. Was pleasantly surprised to find out they do a buy one get one free on Wednesdays lol. One of the best I've had http://www.tensquare.co.uk/Jospers/

Comment

Anyone have 2 spare tickets to dublin kerry?
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

No fetish, steak gonna steak.

Comment

Carrick a rede bridge was closed when I got there so I climbed over the gate via the cliff, almost lost my footing the once. Was good banter
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Also ginger bistro is belfast has some daycent food. Celleriac is tasty.
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                              Carrick a rede bridge was closed when I got there so I climbed over the gate via the cliff, almost lost my footing the once. Was good banter
                              Same as when I went but it was only closed for an hour so we did the logical thing and went back after the hour

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                The night of is decent.
                                Great shout. Just finished episode 3 and did a McDonald's run. Gonna watch whatever is available tonight. 7 episodes I think

Comment

Also James Gandolfini has an Exec Producer credit on the show. How does that work since he's been dead for 3/4 years.

Comment

Played the WW game on boards. Was actually good craic.
                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                      Played the WW game on boards. Was actually good craic.
                                      Who won

Comment

Who won
                                        Cakewalk for the villiage in the end as the wolves couldn't nail the seer., the guy who replaced you was mental, but played well, he helped the villiage massively.
                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Cakewalk for the villiage in the end as the wolves couldn't nail the seer., the guy who replaced you was mental, but played well, he helped the villiage massively.
                                          Yeah I just couldn't be arsed with it. Too much bullshit and getting the warning from a boards mod was just a lol moment. Did we nail any wolves with the lynching?

Comment

Yeah I just couldn't be arsed with it. Too much bullshit and getting the warning from a boards mod was just a lol moment. Did we nail any wolves with the lynching?
                                            No wolves got lynched before you left.

It actually got fine once the thread got moved forums. There was then no outside viewers making stupid comments. Only the players themselves. So was very enjoyable actually as all the players were new and weren't hung up about previous games or playing style. It was very refreshing actually...

Interesting format, think it need some teaks but it was actually quite a good format.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of wannabes trying to gain attention from cool people like me.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                Yeah would have sympathy in that a lot of where you end up in life is down to sheer luck. She is being used by Sinn vein to embarrass government though.
                                                The housing situation in Dublin just seems uber grim,why the fuck won't they build up and high density? Fuck the Irish times "it'll ruin the character of the city" nimbus.
                                                As seen on Twitter - "Soaring rents in Ireland are not a consequence of Gov policy - they ARE Gov policy"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Fairly shite social protection system if you're classified as a beggar if you need to avail of social protections. Didn't click on the link again, but isn't she the one who is going to uni? So shes hardly a beggar, she just needs assistance. Its very fcking hard if you don't have someone like a family to fall back on. I presume any of us who think otherwise worked our way through uni to cover all our accomodation, living, uni costs, and didn't accept a penny from the middle class parents we were lucky to have?
                                                      She can go back to the family home if she wants to...she doesn't want to

She's classified as a single parent...but has a partner she's been with for a number of years but can't move in with him either obviously

She was offered two homes on the same basis you and I would have to look at in a private rental scheme, one of which was in Clontarf which is out of the reach of most....that didn't suit her either.

She'd rather keep her daughter in a hotel room to further her personal ambitions than do any of the above. Gaming the system, no more no less.

The real tragedy of this is the bad feeling it generates towards people who are genuinely homeless, with no family support and no-one to turn to. Combined with the fact that people like her who feel they're entitled to a "forever home" without having to do anything to deserve it.

Sometimes I think it's the rest of us that are the real mugs in this life.
                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 27-08-16, 06:53.

Comment

Its a sad world if you genuinely think she is choosing to keep her daughter homeless for some vague 'personal ambition'. That would make her something close to a sociopath, which is a rather large conclusion to make about her based on one-sided leaked private information from a government organisation with a very clear agenda in this.

She's also going to uni so won't need social supports after that (well, 95%+ of people who go to uni don't need social supports after graduating), so she's clearly not looking for a free "forever home".
                                                          It's not one-sided leaks, she went public in the first place. A right to reply is the least that should be expected. I'm saying that she has options, quite a lot of them, and yet she's still in a hotel. That's a choice. One that she has made and that impacts her daughter. It doesn't make her a sociopath, just another entitled gobshite who thinks she can use the public to get what she wants and how she wants it.

Interesting that you skip by the rest of the points on the various options she has. In short it seems she wants to be able to work part-time, & get her single parent benefits & have a partner & get her education paid for & get income supplements & get a permanent home in an area she wants to live in & & &

Wouldn't it be a great world if we could all get everything we wanted with no sacrifice or compromise?

People who need help should get it. People who think that they should be given exactly what they want, when they want it and how they want it can take a hike. Social housing should be exactly that, a house. Not a 4 bedroom house rather than a 2 bedroom house. A house where one is available, preferably In the county your family is in granted, but not a house in a specific 2 mile area that you would like to live in.

& if you think she isn't going to milk the system after Uni (given how she's milking the system now) then you're very naive.
                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Comment

Comment

Social housing is a good one,
                                                                You know if you get a new social house today,
                                                                It is most liked a rated ber, and has renewable energy source built in
                                                                And prob underfloor heating

Who amongst us with full time job could fucking afford one of those,
                                                                Go on daft and see the houses you can rent/buy and look at their ratings

Comment

Maybe its the small country thing, but there's far too much assuming the worst motives in people in Ireland. Especially if they're from a different background to you. The vast vast majority of people are nice and just trying to get by.
                                                                  It's really irrelevant on people personality etc,
                                                                  People take advantage of whatever system is provided in front of them
                                                                  Provide what is adequate and no more.

Go talk to girls who work in a crèche about single mothers who go to uni who have
                                                                  A house provided
                                                                  Crèche paid
                                                                  Uni paid
                                                                  Boyfriend collecting child

Do you think this is uncommon, this also increases price of crèche for everyone else
                                                                  If you are able to find a fucking free one

Comment

Speaking of excel, I want to set up a document that can automatically take numbers from a table on a website (namely odds checker) and then use excel to manipulate those numbers - can that sort of thing be done?

Comment

Anyone who is following the making a murder case,
                                                                      Steven Avery lawyer latest motion is online

MENANGCLUB88 situs instrumen gaming online yang bertindak dengan memberikan jaminan kemenangan untuk mendatangkan cuan hari demi hari. Serta memberikan ultilitas serupa mega bonus.

Some very interesting observations,

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                        My bolded bit isn't wrong. Below is from citizens information

If you are housed under HAP, you will no longer be on the local authority’s housing list. However, you can apply for transfer to other forms of social housing. If you do apply for a transfer as soon as you enter HAP, any time that you spent on the housing list can be taken into account when your local authority considers your application.

The reality of it is, you go back to the bottom of the list.
                                                                        I do not have any mindset that homeless people are beggars or that they can't be or shouldn't be housed but it is clear that SF chose to exploit this woman and her family for all the propaganda they could milk out of her and that she (with or without prompting from SF) chose to remain homeless in a hotel rather than accept a reasonable accommodation.

Of course you don't stay on the housing waiting list when you have been housed but if you read this you will see that
                                                                        The Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) is a social housing support provided by local authorities. Under the scheme, rent is paid directly to private landlords and you pay a weekly contribution to your local authority.

Your housing needs will have been met under HAP and you will no longer be on the local authority’s housing waiting list. However, if you wish to have access to other social housing supports, such as local authority housing or housing provided by a housing association, you can apply to the local authority for a transfer.

If you do apply for a transfer within 2 weeks of getting the letter confirming your HAP payment, any time that you spent on the housing list can be taken into account when your local authority considers your application. If you apply for a transfer at a later date, the time that you previously spent on the housing waiting list won’t count.

You will be expected to stay in your HAP accommodation for at least 2 years, but in some situations you may be able to apply for a new HAP payment elsewhere – for example, if you are offered a job in another town or if your family grows too large for the property. You will need to contact the local authority in the new area.
                                                                        So you can stay on the housing list with all the time you spent on it previously taken into account. That will not put you at the bottom of the housing waiting list if you were to become homeless again but perhaps farther down the list than people who weren't housed at all during these two years.

I resent that you think I'm trying to demonise or point fingers at homeless people and their circumstances. The very opposite is the case, it is this woman and the people who are pulling her strings who are exploiting the very real crisis in housing to score political points.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The data protection issue in that story is worrying.
                                                                          Would that have to have been leaked or could it have been available under FOI?
                                                                          However much SF were using or abusing her naivete it would be worse to use confidential personal info to expose them.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            Speaking of excel, I want to set up a document that can automatically take numbers from a table on a website (namely odds checker) and then use excel to manipulate those numbers - can that sort of thing be done?
                                                                            That will be much more a web scraping problem than an excel one, the tricky part is getting just the data you want from the pages you want.

Comment

...

Comment

Maybe its the small country thing, but there's far too much assuming the worst motives in people in Ireland. Especially if they're from a different background to you. The vast vast majority of people are nice and just trying to get by.
                                                                                lol, no time to dig it up bit I seem to remember being truly shocked at the right wingness of one of your posts last year about a woman in Clondalkin (I think) in a similar situation.
                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

No wolves got lynched before you left.

It actually got fine once the thread got moved forums. There was then no outside viewers making stupid comments. Only the players themselves. So was very enjoyable actually as all the players were new and weren't hung up about previous games or playing style. It was very refreshing actually...

Interesting format, think it need some teaks but it was actually quite a good format.
                                                                                  Which one were you?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Which one were you?
                                                                                        Arrrooooo!

Comment

...

Comment

She was used as a political flogging horse with her personal details leaked to the public too?
                                                                                            That's a very narrow group of people we should have compassion for. You think?
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Weekend breakfast m8s innit?

Comment

Arrrooooo!
                                                                                                    Which one LOL.

Want to run a game there

Comment

Get in there Paul O Donovan.

Comment

Vegan menu in McGuiness' chipper on Camden street. What a time to be alive. Come Riggs we must date

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Which one LOL.

Want to run a game there
                                                                                                          Sent you a PM there as I know 5star hate WW talk on this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            That will be much more a web scraping problem than an excel one, the tricky part is getting just the data you want from the pages you want.
                                                                                                            I've done it (well my wife has done it for me) for SportingLife - about 400gb of info on all details of horse races dating back to whenever their records start. You'd need to get someone to code it for you realistically, but the basic idea is that you need a python script to access the website and then write the data you've told it to find to excel.
                                                                                                            Yea it's the web scraping which is what I don't know how to do. I can do the manipulation on excel just want to see if the first bit (inputting the numbers from oddschecker) can be automated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Vegan menu in McGuiness' chipper on Camden street. What a time to be alive. Come Riggs we must date
                                                                                                              Sausages and burgers contain meat though.

Comment

Also James Gandolfini has an Exec Producer credit on the show. How does that work since he's been dead for 3/4 years.
                                                                                                                He was originally cast as the lawyer, but
                                                                                                                SPOILER
                                                                                                                he died.

I also heard DeNiro was mentioned, that would have been nice.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

It's not a new phenomenon, but I love the idea of people trudging out of their house, down to the local tesco, forking out a bit of cash for a case of water, and then painfully balance it on the walk back home so as not to sprain something, only to get something that is literally already in the tap in their house. It's the pinnacle of the genius of marketing.

I was buying a bottle of water in Iceland and the dude in the shop says to me, noone in Iceland buys bottled water, like a right pleb i asked him where do they get it...."the fosset" he replied...
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                    Sausages and burgers contain meat though.
                                                                                                                    How very 20th century of you

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      I was buying a bottle of water in Iceland and the dude in the shop says to me, noone in Iceland buys bottled water, like a right pleb i asked him where do they get it...."the fosset" he replied...
                                                                                                                      The country or the shop?

Comment

Fairly shite social protection system if you're classified as a beggar if you need to avail of social protections. Didn't click on the link again, but isn't she the one who is going to uni? So shes hardly a beggar, she just needs assistance. Its very fcking hard if you don't have someone like a family to fall back on. I presume any of us who think otherwise worked our way through uni to cover all our accomodation, living, uni costs, and didn't accept a penny from the middle class parents we were lucky to have?
                                                                                                                        Poker ftw

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          The country or the shop?
                                                                                                                          The country, isnt it ice in the shop ?
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X