X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    what's he done now?
    Ah nothing special, just changed his excuse for not debating on the Vincent Brown show to his 'busy' schedule.

Does he not want to be Taoiseach?
    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      Ah nothing special, just changed his excuse for not debating on the Vincent Brown show to his 'busy' schedule.

Does he not want to be Taoiseach?
      I think he's been poorly advised on that one alright

there's clearly a policy within FG of 'for God's sake, keep Inda off de telly'

which is actually fairly sound thinking as he doesn't perform well there at all - but in this instance is backfiring badly. Even as someone who'll be voting FG No 1, it's self-defeating. The problem is that they've backed themselves into a corner on this debate issue now - no matter what they do!
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

How can you vote FG no.1 in good conscience? Enda Kenny the Taoiseach in waiting?
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Can anyone name the World Cup winners who have played in the LOI?

I have 3 but I think the answer is 4

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              How can you vote FG no.1 in good conscience? Enda Kenny the Taoiseach in waiting?
              well what other options do you have?

FF - are crooked and have spent the last 16 years stealing and arogantly p!ssing on the country.

SF - have no political policies what so ever. Mary Lou mc Donald is a wretch

Labour - LOL if they get into Government we are more fooked than we are now.

The Greens - As a party are finished. Irish people are bitter and dont like sell outs

Independents - Will have no say in the next govenment after the current few pretty much held the government to randsom

FG - are super

Comment

Any good suggestions for somewhere to have a 30th in Dublin city centre?
                No Sig To See Here

Comment

ah, not this crap again (are you trolling me now? fresh from yesterday's euphoria, I suspect you are )

FF are unelectable and deserve to be declared an illegal organisation under the same anti-terrorist legislation as the IRA. They have literally destroyed the country. Anyone who could vote for them now is quite simply a fool.

Labour are making it up as they go along. Their populist crap has been exposed for what it is.

Sinn Fein are even more delusional than Labour but at least they're safe in the knowledge that they won't be part of the next government so they're happy talking utter shite in the knowledge that it shores up their base vote of pig-ignorance. Same can be said of the likes of Higgins, PBP etc.

If you look at the makeup of the prospective cabinets, FG are literally streets ahead of all the other parties. They have at least put some effort into putting together serious policy proposals and have a team of heavyweight players that no other party can match. Inda is a twit (I have said this repeatedly) but he's smart enough to know his own limits (unlike, for example, Biffo) - once elected Taoiseach, he will let his ministers run their own shows. Much like any modern-day CEO.

I've also said repeatedly that it doesn't really matter who the next government is as our hands are tied and the economic future is certain (as in apocalyptic) but at least we can elect someone who (a) isn't at fault for the current circumstances and (b) has some semblance of a grasp on reality. That's FG. They're by no means ideal but they're the best (by a long way) of a very mediocre bunch.

so stick that up your gash

what's your ideal government anyway? Gerry Adams for Taoiseach, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by Fernando Torres View Post
                    Can anyone name the World Cup winners who have played in the LOI?

I have 3 but I think the answer is 4
                    can only think of 2

SPOILER
                    Hurst and Banks

Whose your 3? Prob some old Uraguayan player you can't find.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

some Bellamy stuff.

Violence
                      Bellamy hitting a fan who had illegally invaded the pitch on 22nd September 2009, during a game against Manchester UnitedAlthough Bellamy has never been convicted of assault, he has been involved in several cases of violence.

In 2006 a court cleared him assaulting two women in a Cardiff after a trial lasting five days.[7]
                      Another incident occurred in 2007, when a drunken Bellamy allegedly confronted then-Liverpool team-mate John Arne Riise.[8]
                      In 2009 Bellamy shoved a pitch invader. Police declined to investigate Bellamy and Manchester City Football Club banned the spectator for three years.[9]
                      On January 12th 2011, Bellamy was arrested and bailed on an alleged assault claim in Cardiff, in which two men suffered facial injuries.[

Craig Bellamy could be shown the door at Anfield after an alleged drunken brawl with a team-mate while Liverpool prepare for their visit to Barcelona.

amongst others. Also never stops whinging, fined several times by various clubs. not even a Cardiff fan think he supportrs Liverpool.
                      Last edited by aodea; 07-02-11, 11:40.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        can only think of 2

SPOILER
                        Hurst and Banks

Whose your 3? Prob some old Uraguayan player you can't find.
                        SPOILER
                        My 3 are Banks ,Charlton and Sócrates . I don't think Hurst did I was sure that he was one but theres nothing on his Wiki page. I may also be wrong with Sócrates but it was someone in that team
                        Last edited by Megatron; 07-02-11, 11:41.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPJHQmJAiKA[/ame]
                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

SPOILER
                            I don't think Hurst did I was sure that he was one but theres nothing on his Wiki page.
                            SPOILER
                            Says he played for Cork Celtic 9 times
                            Profit before people.

Comment

just re-reading that VF article

Lewis has a nice turn of phrase, especially love this bit

the dominant narrative inside the head of the average Irish citizen—and his receptiveness to the story Kelly was telling—changed at roughly 10 o’clock in the evening on October 2, 2008. On that night, Ireland’s financial regulator, a lifelong Central Bank bureaucrat in his 60s named Patrick Neary, came live on national television to be interviewed. The interviewer sounded as if he had just finished reading the collected works of Morgan Kelly. Neary, for his part, looked as if he had been dragged from a hole into which he badly wanted to return. He wore an insecure little mustache, stammered rote answers to questions he had not been asked, and ignored the ones he had been asked.
                              nailed

Now the Irish people finally caught a glimpse of the guy meant to be safeguarding them: the crazy uncle had been sprung from the family cellar. Here he was, on their televisions, insisting that the Irish banks were “resilient” and “more than adequately capitalized” … when everyone in Ireland could see, in the vacant skyscrapers and empty housing developments around them, evidence of bank loans that were not merely bad but insane. “What happened was that everyone in Ireland had the idea that somewhere in Ireland there was a little wise old man who was in charge of the money, and this was the first time they’d ever seen this little man,” says McCarthy. “And then they saw him and said, Who the fuck was that??? Is that the fucking guy who is in charge of the money??? That’s when everyone panicked.”
                              awesome!!

Comment

SPOILER
                                Says he played for Cork Celtic 9 times
                                SPOILER
                                Insert facepalm picture here

Comment

Ugh listening to Martin out and about campaigning. People are ripping into him about how their lives have been ruined and all he has to say is 'fair enough' or 'I don't agree with your assessment'. Wanker.

Comment

Ahern spent his last days in office denying he’d accepted bribes from property developers, at least in part because so much of what he did in office seemed justified only if he were being paid by property developers to do it.

Now Ahern is just another Irish backbencher, with a hangdog slouch and a face mottled by broken capillaries
                                    tremendous

it takes an outsider to say this stuff of course

Comment

SPOILER
                                      Insert facepalm picture here
                                      SPOILER
                                      Haha, we all try to disown Cork as part of Ireland. Who are the omther two then cause this is annoying me.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

SPOILER
                                        Haha, we all try to disown Cork as part of Ireland. Who are the omther two then cause this is annoying me.
                                        SPOILER
                                        Bobby Chrlton and Sócrates (not 100% on Sócrates but I was told he played for UCD)

Comment

for the Joan Burton haters

I spend an hour with Joan Burton. Of the major parties in Ireland, Labour offers the closest thing to a dissenting opinion and a critique of Irish capitalism. As one of only 18 members of the Dáil who voted against guaranteeing the banks’ debts, Burton retains rare credibility. And in an hour of chatting about this and that, she strikes me as straight, bright, and basically good news.
                                          But her role in the Irish drama is as clear as Morgan Kelly’s: she’s the shrill mother no one listened to. She speaks in exclamation points with a whiny voice that gets on the nerves of every Irishman—to the point where her voice is parodied on national radio. When I ask her what she would do differently from what the Irish government is doing, even she is stumped. Like every other Irish politician, she is now at the mercy of forces beyond her control.

Comment

SPOILER
                                            Bobby Chrlton and Sócrates (not 100% on Sócrates but I was told he played for UCD)
                                            SPOILER
                                            Think I remember hearing the Sócrates one is a myth, there was an article in the University Observer or the College Tribune or something a while back iirc

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              Think I remember hearing the Sócrates one is a myth, there was an article in the University Observer or the College Tribune or something a while back iirc
                                              SPOILER
                                              Theres nothing on his Wikipage either. Is it possible it was another member of the team?

Comment

SPOILER
                                                Theres nothing on his Wikipage either. Is it possible it was another member of the team?
                                                I don't know the answer but are you sure the fourth one is a 'soccer' world cup winner? Maybe it was another sport - trick question??

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                  How stupid is Enda Kenny?
                                                  Is this a general enquiry or has he done something retarded this morning

Comment

Reminds me of this one.

Who played soccer for Scotland and cricket for England

SPOILER
                                                    Kenny Dalglish and Ian Botham

Comment

Running on fumes in work thanks to watching the Superbowl last night. It was class but maybe not worth the 3.5 hours sleep.

Comment

Managed to mangle the express lane barrier at the Fermoy toll on my way to Cork this morning. 2 cars in front of me, arrow is still green when I pass under it, so on I go, next thing I see the barrier descending..Whammo! bent the crap out of it. Thankfully its padded and the car is grand

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          I don't know the answer but are you sure the fourth one is a 'soccer' world cup winner? Maybe it was another sport - trick question??
                                                          It was all Soccer World Cup winners.

The last one is now a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                            Running on fumes in work thanks to watching the Superbowl last night. It was class but maybe not worth the 3.5 hours sleep.
                                                            Man up it was well worth it.

Comment

oh holy jesus its snowing again

Comment

Couple of Quiz questions - Dont google the answers its just for fun

1. Name the only player to score a hatrick in every League devision in England?

2. Name the biggest stadium in the world?

3. What was the original name of New York?

4. Who was the Youngest president of the U.S.A?

5. Who is the only player to score in manchester darby merseyside darby and glasgow darby?

6. largest Organ in the body

7. An Irish trained horse is the only animal to date to win both the Champion Hurdle and the Cheltenham Gold Cup?

8. Which Cumann na Gael Cabinet Minister was assassinated on July 1927?

9. who compossed the music to riverdance?

10. There are two clocks of different colors: the red clock is broken and doesn't run at all, but the blue clock loses one second every 24 hours. Which clock is more accurate?

Comment

Come on Lloyd, I thought you of all people wouldn't fall for this BS. Enda might be a tool in front on TV, but why does it matter? IF people weren't so fixated on charisma and other such tripe and instead made more time looking into a parties policies and voting based on those reasons we might not be in the mess we are now. FG have the most sound policies out of any other political party(doesn't say much tbh) but I really have no idea how anyone can vote for any other party.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

SPOILER
                                                                    Dean Holdsworth

SPOILER
                                                                    Maracana

SPOILER
                                                                    New Hampshire

SPOILER
                                                                    JFK

5. Who is the only player to score in manchester darby merseyside darby and glasgow darby?

SPOILER
                                                                    Kanchelskis

SPOILER
                                                                    The skin

7. An Irish trained horse is the only animal to date to win both the Champion Hurdle and the Cheltenham Gold Cup?

SPOILER
                                                                    No Idea

SPOILER
                                                                    Michael Collins

10. There are two clocks of different colors: the red clock is broken and doesn't run at all, but the blue clock loses one second every 24 hours. Which clock is more accurate?
                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                    The Red one as its right twice a day
                                                                    Without Google

Comment

Without Google
                                                                      3/10
                                                                      Last edited by Bubbleking; 07-02-11, 12:57. Reason: missed one answer

Comment

SPOILER

3. New Amsterdam
                                                                        5. Nicky Barmby
                                                                        6. Skin
                                                                        7. Shergar lol
                                                                        9. Bill Whelan?
                                                                        10. Red clock. It's right twice every 24 hours, whereas the blue one is right twice every 24 hours+1 second.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

SPOILER

The stadium's in North Korea right? 150k seater?

@Bubbles

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                            New Amsterdam

SPOILER
                                                                            JFK

SPOILER
                                                                            Skin

SPOILER
                                                                            Collins?

SPOILER
                                                                            Bill Whelan

SPOILER
                                                                            The Blue
                                                                            Should be obvious I didnt Google

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                              SPOILER

3. New Amsterdam
                                                                              5. Nicky Barmby
                                                                              6. Skin
                                                                              7. Shergar lol
                                                                              8.
                                                                              9. Bill Whelan?
                                                                              10. Red clock. It's right twice every 24 hours, whereas the blue one is right twice every 24 hours+1 second.
                                                                              4/10 new leader

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                              SPOILER

The stadium's in North Korea right? 150k seater?

@Bubbles
                                                                              that is the largest one still used for sporting events but there is a bigger one that is now only used for training and concerts
                                                                              Last edited by Bubbleking; 07-02-11, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                Should be obvious I didnt Google
                                                                                3/10 joint top

Comment

4/10

4 6 9 and 10 I know, others, not a clue.
                                                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                    what did he play? sweet child of mine?
                                                                                    Yes, it was shameful...
                                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Footballer is
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      Robert Earnshaw
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                        rob earnshaw?

SPOILER

circus maximus? lol

SPOILER
                                                                                        new amsterdam

SPOILER
                                                                                        jfk maybe

SPOILER
                                                                                        The ukranian express kanchelskis

SPOILER
                                                                                        skin

SPOILER
                                                                                        meh

SPOILER
                                                                                        collins

SPOILER
                                                                                        enya

SPOILER
                                                                                        red one is right twice a day

Comment

Aodea with 5

Comment

Oh and Horsey is
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Dawn Run
                                                                                            rest have been said I think
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

How in hell does everyone keep guessing
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              Collins
                                                                                              as the assasinated minister - check the date people!

It was
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              Kevin O'Higgins
                                                                                              I think.

Comment

well picked on the 'Insecure little mustache' comment RDIII,
                                                                                                He always looked ridiculous, I love that lewis spotted it.

Can't wait to get a decent bit of bandwidth tonight to listen to Lloyds picks ... I'm sure they are better than his political choices or it would be too easy
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

going to a lecture now I'll post the ansers up later on this evening

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                                                                    Any good suggestions for somewhere to have a 30th in Dublin city centre?
                                                                                                    Did you ever get any joy with yer man??

Comment

The
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      Indiananapolis Stadium where they have the Indy 500
                                                                                                      holds over 250,000 spectators so it could beat Circus Maximus.

Comment

Subway is similar to prostitution.

You pay other people to do your wife's job.

Comment

For those who didn't get much on at crazy prices, or just ignored me completely. England play Italy this weekend in the 6Nations, and barring catastrophe, should put a solid enough win together against them.

Their price to win the 6Nations is ~ 123/100 on Betfair at the moment, which, considering they have to play France the following weekend, and then play a sneakily decent Scottish side, and finally come to Dublin and win to secure the competition, is mind boggling poorly priced imo.

But as we saw last weekend, the reflex of the prices to the individual matches is way OTT, England traded as low as 28/25 to win the 6N after only one game in the whole competition was played!

I expect that after the Italy game, which is the first game of this weekend too, that prices will drop to a similar level until after the France Ireland game, which has a huge effect on England's chances.

If France beat Ireland, England won't win the 6N as France will take them apart if they are still interested in the competition by the time they get to play them.

If Ireland beat France, England will beat France too, but will have to come to Dublin on the last day of the competition to try and win.

The competition is so based on individual results, and all these are so seriously intertwined, that getting as much money on Laying England after the final whistle on Saturday with a view to trading out some of the risk with individual match bets, seems like printing money to me.

Comment

Some more Superbowl ads.

Clearly the Volkswagen Passat was the best by a mile, but I thought these two were pretty cool too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ODgNstVtE[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKL254Y_jtc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                                            Last edited by The C Kid; 07-02-11, 14:04.

Comment

Blue and red clock

SPOILER
                                                                                                              The blue clock because it's correct for 60 days, ie 86,400 minutes, then it's incorrect for another 43,140 days.

In that time the red clock is correct 86,280 times/minutes, the blue is correct 86,400 times/minutes.

edit, they're both the same, I forgot to add the 60 days.

Red and blue both the same in terms of accuracy. Both correct 86,400 times in the time it takes the blue to right itself
                                                                                                              Last edited by Lazare; 07-02-11, 14:25.
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Long shot but this thread normally delivers. What happens to outstanding bills/debts to the owner of a business if they pass away both for a Ltd and non Ltd company? What would the normal process be?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  The blue clock because it's correct for 60 days, ie 86,400 minutes, then it's incorrect for another 43,140 days.

In that time the red clock is correct 86,280 times/minutes, the blue is correct 86,400 times/minutes.

edit, they're both the same, I forgot to add the 60 days.

Red and blue both the same in terms of accuracy. Both correct 86,400 times in the time it takes the blue to right itself

Bubbles, am I right?
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Lazare; 07-02-11, 14:24.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                    Long shot but this thread normally delivers. What happens to outstanding bills/debts to the owner of a business if they pass away both for a Ltd and non Ltd company? What would the normal process be?
                                                                                                                    I've actually been through this, having wound down my father's business after he died.

You tell the creditors what's happened and they then make a claim against the Estate. Nothing can happen until you've been through probate - which can take years. Note that this is for a sole trader (i.e. the business 'dies' with the owner), no idea what happens if the business continues in existence. I found most creditors to be very reasonable. in fact most of them just wrote the debt off. The Revenue were a massive exception!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      I've actually been through this, having wound down my father's business after he died.

You tell the creditors what's happened and they then make a claim against the Estate. Nothing can happen until you've been through probate - which can take years. Note that this is for a sole trader (i.e. the business 'dies' with the owner), no idea what happens if the business continues in existence.
                                                                                                                      A ltd company is a separate legal entity to it's directors/shareholders, so if one of them dies this had no effect on creditors and debtors, the money is still owed to or by the company.
                                                                                                                      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

question of my own; WTF is a 'scraper'? (in the HTPC sense)

Comment

program that scans the information on the file, searches the internet for the info, and then presents it/prints it on the file so that you can have the metadata/trailers/show info.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X