• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In it's pants
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      Only good luck if the gick lands on your left shoulder imo.

Kitchen window is bad luck as far as I know.
      fuck it anyway, i should have ran out when i saw the bastard cockin his leg
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

That horse placed I believe...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
          Where did it come?
          2nd

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
            Are there any studies to support your statement?
            Many people believe this to be a major sign of wealth coming from heaven. Hence, although, it is really yucky and a major inconvenience, when something like this happens to you, take comfort in the fact that this is described as good luck being just around the corner! In fact, most things associated with birds tend to spell good fortune, such as when birds fly to your home and start making nests in and around your house. While bats bring abundance, birds bring good news and opportunities. The next time a flock of ravens, pigeons or magpies come to your home, feed them with bird seeds. Birds are also said to be powerful protectors and guardians. Even crows are said to be messengers of the Gods. So welcome birds with open arms.
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

place is welcome news after presuming the worst!
              http://mobro.co/zuroph
              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                Many people believe this to be a major sign of wealth coming from heaven. Hence, although, it is really yucky and a major inconvenience, when something like this happens to you, take comfort in the fact that this is described as good luck being just around the corner! In fact, most things associated with birds tend to spell good fortune, such as when birds fly to your home and start making nests in and around your house. While bats bring abundance, birds bring good news and opportunities. The next time a flock of ravens, pigeons or magpies come to your home, feed them with bird seeds. Birds are also said to be powerful protectors and guardians. Even crows are said to be messengers of the Gods. So welcome birds with open arms.
                You are Raven

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  Pretty sure he did one before?
                  Yeah, I seem to remember doing one at one point but don't remember whether it was here or the other place
                  My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I made 25c on that horse apparently, what to spend it on...

I bet you have one of those 'angels' signs on your car.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

OOh i can just see me on channel 4 (ukipt) being interviewed about how i feel about winning the top prize and me telling them the story about the bird poop
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Anybody on here ever done any development on google chrome/ firefox extensions? Have a good idea for one, and just wondering if its technically possible etc. PM would be greatly appreciated.
                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

It came 2nd you muppet and it got unlucky not to win due to you backing it. Stay away from me!

I blame you.

Comment

Originally posted by doke View Post
                            Yeah, I seem to remember doing one at one point but don't remember whether it was here or the other place
                            Dara O'Kearney, aka "The Running Man" has agreed to go in the well. No abusive or flame posts please and keep it civil. Thanks for doing this Dara.
                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                              It came 2nd you muppet and it got unlucky not to win due to you backing it. Stay away from me!

I blame you.
                              My jinx is up, if it weren't, the horse would have come last.
                              Plus a flock of birds just projectile vomited into my apartment so things are looking up

Comment

My jinx is up, if it weren't, the horse would have come last.
                                Plus a flock of birds just projectile vomited into my apartment so things are looking up
                                Explain why it got unlucky then please. Your excuses will not wash with me.

Comment

Explain why it got unlucky then please. Your excuses will not wash with me.
                                  The onus is on me to prove that I didn't cause it to 'get unlucky'?
                                  GTFO -------->

Comment

The onus is on me to prove that I didn't cause it to 'get unlucky'?
                                    GTFO -------->
                                    You are poison.

Comment

Had to have my well removed on Boards because it was the first thing that popped up when you googled me and the Stephen Hawking story wasn't something I wanted potential clients reading.

Fucking google...
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

some pretty normal betting going on in this game with the team 4th bottom being backed at 136 as far as 2.3
                                        1 million matched on the market already

GAA News Website

Comment

Comment

I cannot describe in words how much I hope this is a level.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Having been around when a 42 year old man, dying in agony, was pleading for the Priest to GTFO as he was giving him last rites but the kept on against his wishes on the basis that he had been baptised and someone else had asked him to do it coloured my tolerance of the men in frocks somewhat.

But that would be in the ha'penny place beside some of the stuff I have on them.

I completely agree. There are spanners on either side.
                                              I've less inclination to finish my 4k post now.
                                              I suppose it's cause I'm not being paid while dossing
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

How many birds should I feed to pass my exams Michelle?

Any type of food in particular?

Comment

You are poison.
                                                    No.

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                    How many birds should I feed to pass my exams Michelle?

Any type of food in particular?
                                                    Bulmers Pear I hear.

Comment

listen up lads, I am a very superstitious person, cant be helped, iv just always been that way!

also like a bit of the ould feng shui,!
                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

listen up lads, I am a very superstitious person, cant be helped, iv just always been that way!
                                                        Hearing gypsy music right now!

Never heard it called that before, wp
                                                        My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

I doubt you were always that way. Is/Was your mother and/or father superstitious?

Comment

I recently had a conversation with an extremely intelligent biologist who tried to rationalise the Bible/Gospel to me through the prism of science and also attempted to square evolution with religious theory.

I was amazed by a few things, first the depth of her belief was staggering. It was one of the first times I'd met someone who really understood their belief. Second it was her ability to make enormous logical leaps without seeing them. Even when I explained them to her it was as if she couldn't see them and thought I was the stupid one. Lastly it was her complete willingness to discuss the issue with me without recourse to the cliched refrains of many religious apologists (and, let's face it, anyone arguing for religion is an apologist now in the classical sense of course).

Masters in chemistry and biology and a PhD in neuropharmacology and she still manages to accept a premise without logical foundation. Remarkable woman. She really made me reconsider my entire position on religion.

Comment

Do you believe in God the Father above who cares for us with such kindness and love?

Comment

And you are free to believe in all the bolloxology you want Michelle.

Interestingly many superstitions have practical real world bases to them. Walking under ladders tended to be bad luck for the person on the ladder in days gone by when they weren't as steady but saying it's bad luck for the person walking beneath was more likely to generate the appropriate response.

In UCC no undergrad would walk through the centre of the Quad, on the grass in the Quad or on the College Crest beside the Aula Maxima as it was considered a guaranteed way to fail your exam. Those particular superstitions were very helpful for the groundsmen who started them to save on upkeep of the most difficult part of the college to maintain cheaply.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Interestingly many superstitions have practical real world bases to them. Walking under ladders tended to be bad luck for the person on the ladder in days gone by when they weren't as steady but saying it's bad luck for the person walking beneath was more likely to generate the appropriate response.

In UCC no undergrad would walk through the centre of the Quad, on the grass in the Quad or on the College Crest beside the Aula Maxima as it was considered a guaranteed way to fail your exam. Those particular superstitions were very helpful for the groundsmen who started them to save on upkeep of the most difficult part of the college to maintain cheaply.
                                                                  im a huge fan of the book THE SECRET, so i think if you have it in your head that oh birdshit landed on you and you are going to have good luck, it is then giving you positive thoughts and in your head you truly believe there is luck coming your way, well then it will as you have put that thought out to the universe!

its like when things go wrong in your life and you are then in a negative mood sending negative thoughts to the universe, so more things tend to go wrong ie: it comes in threes

i would highly recommend this book!!! it is so true!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I tend to avoid anything that Noel Edmond advocates...
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

ffs

Comment

One of the greatest movie scenes ever, just watched the movie again and I just thought to myself 'Things haven't changed much'.
                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                        Last edited by eagle eye; 16-05-11, 18:45.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

im a huge fan of the book THE SECRET, so i think if you have it in your head that oh birdshit landed on you and you are going to have good luck, it is then giving you positive thoughts and in your head you truly believe there is luck coming your way, well then it will as you have put that thought out to the universe!

its like when things go wrong in your life and you are then in a negative mood sending negative thoughts to the universe, so more things tend to go wrong ie: it comes in threes

No, it's not true.

What that book is in actuality is a magic trick.

If I see dark clouds and hear a rumble and then I go:

"I WILL MAKE LIGHTNING COME, OOOOOOOHHHHHH LOOK AT MY POWER, I AM ZEUS"

It does not follow that I am actually Zeus.

The Secret is actually a pathetic attempt to make basic science into a magic cure all for people. If you think happy thoughts and put good feelings out into "the Universe" then good things will happen. Guess what? Random good things happen anyway, that's not in your control. What you choose to attribute them to, however, is perfectly within your control.

Beyond that the act of smiling and remaining in a positive frame of mind increases blood flow, oxygenation of the blood, gives you a better spin on mundane events anyway and generally makes you feel better. That's psychology and chemistry. It's not a secret, you just never knew that it was already known.

Poker players should know more than the average person how bad people are at properly attributing cause and effect. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is not a good rule of thumb (little Latin just for you, it means "after it therefore because of it"). You decide to attribute good fortune to good feelings when, in fact, the causal relationship is far more complex and far less mystical.

Comment

Lol at the secret.

Any excuse to post some Chappelle though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbS9jZOlQjc[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0wYxh-akZs&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0wYxh-akZs&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Poker players should know more than the average person how bad people are at properly attributing cause and effect.
                                                                                One of the lads was violently ill on Thursday, he reckoned it was due to a dodgey kebab on the way home...

from the pub...

after a shocking feed of pints.

Comment

No, it's not true.

The Secret is actually a pathetic attempt to make basic science into a magic cure all for people. If you think happy thoughts and put good feelings out into "the Universe" then good things will happen. Guess what? Random good things happen anyway, that's not in your control. What you choose to attribute them to, however, is perfectly within your control.

Beyond that the act of smiling and remaining in a positive frame of mind increases blood flow, oxygenation of the blood, gives you a better spin on mundane events anyway and generally makes you feel better. That's psychology and chemistry. It's not a secret, you just never knew that it was already known.

Poker players should know more than the average person how bad people are at properly attributing cause and effect. Post hoc ergo propter hoc is not a good rule of thumb (little Latin just for you, it means "after it therefore because of it"). You decide to attribute good fortune to good feelings when, in fact, the causal relationship is far more complex and far less mystical.

ok thats fair enough, thats what you believe but i really love that book, actually i must read it again as havent done in a while.

there are millions of books out re: the power of positive thinking, alot of people swear by these books and find them very useful.

its not a bad thing if a book can make you have positive thoughts, its not like its a sect or a religion!
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

No, it's not true.

Read this MSN imo!

Comment

One of the lads was violently ill on Thursday, he reckoned it was due to a dodgey kebab on the way home...

from the pub...

after a shocking feed of pints.
                                                                                      Best example of this is towards the end of first year in college where one of my mates had drank a 700ml bottle of vodka every night he went out (min 1 up to 3 nights per week). He mixed this with Dunnes brand American Cola. Around April he started getting stomach pains after every night out. When he was telling us about them he came out with:

"Ah lads, that cheap coke has my stomach in bits"
                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

hurrrr.

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

hurrrr.

You clearly needed to think positve on the turn and you woulda binked your one outer.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                            Read this MSN imo!
                                                                                            i was trying to read a review on amazon , but the fookin words are far too big for my liking!

cant make sense of it all!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I had a bird shit on the bonnet of my car the other day.

SPOILER
                                                                                              Won't be asking her out again.

Comment

No, it's not true.

It's much worse than that, its actually evil. The nasty cnut who sells it is a cynical scumcunt who peddles fear and ignorance.
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I recently had a conversation with an extremely intelligent biologist who tried to rationalise the Bible/Gospel to me through the prism of science and also attempted to square evolution with religious theory.

I was amazed by a few things, first the depth of her belief was staggering. It was one of the first times I'd met someone who really understood their belief. Second it was her ability to make enormous logical leaps without seeing them. Even when I explained them to her it was as if she couldn't see them and thought I was the stupid one. Lastly it was her complete willingness to discuss the issue with me without recourse to the cliched refrains of many religious apologists (and, let's face it, anyone arguing for religion is an apologist now in the classical sense of course).

Masters in chemistry and biology and a PhD in neuropharmacology and she still manages to accept a premise without logical foundation. Remarkable woman. She really made me reconsider my entire position on religion.

You might like Dawkins' response to the question, 'how is it possible for a really intelligent person to believe in god?'.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSN7Kj-My0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                    You clearly needed to think positve on the turn and you woulda binked your one outer.
                                                                                                    I won.
                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

good shw on BBC right now about marketing mistakes that cost millions

Comment

I won.
                                                                                                        Clearly you know the secret

Comment

.
                                                                                                          lol, reminds me of something funny.

I'm a painter and decorator by trade. I was working in Blackrock one weekend painting the outside of an EBS. We had the ladder out and the bottom of it was on the kerb of the busy main st, so the entire footpath was under the ladder.

I was so amazed by the amount of people who blindly walked out in front of traffic rather than walk underneath the ladder.

I was hoping someone would get knocked down, purely for irony's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            You might like Dawkins' response to the question, 'how is it possible for a really intelligent person to believe in god?'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSN7Kj-My0
                                                                                                            Really hope it turns out there is a god just to rip up Dawkins pretty little picture. He's a bit of a cock, doubt he's ever changed anyones mind either, preaches to the converted and condescends to everyone else. I'm going to break the jaw of the next person who brings up the flying spaghetti monster in conversation.

Comment

ok thats fair enough, thats what you believe but i really love that book, actually i must read it again as havent done in a while.

there are millions of books out re: the power of positive thinking, alot of people swear by these books and find them very useful.

its not a bad thing if a book can make you have positive thoughts, its not like its a sect or a religion!
                                                                                                              Michelle if you think it helps you then that's great but the fact is you're being fooled by a horrible scam artist. That book is the equivalent of me selling small chocolates and telling people they contained a magic secret to happiness. If you eat 3 of them you'll be happy for 2 hours and then packaging them just like narcotics. The placebo effect would get you some of the way, the sugar and chocolate do the rest. That is what your body is doing.

You think good thoughts so your body relaxes, feels less stress and is generally happier. Then, as your mood is more stable, you feel the small bumps in life are easier and you ascribe even the smallest positive action to "The Secret".

It's all bullshit Michelle. If it makes you happy that's cool but it's just a scam.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                I've less inclination to finish my 4k post now.
                                                                                                                I suppose it's cause I'm not being paid while dossing
                                                                                                                please finish it... i found it interesting and I hate an unfinished story... I you don't finish it I might make up an ending in my mind that would change my opinon of you forever
                                                                                                                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Watching Kayroo and Michelle converse makes me laugh. It's kinda like Ross Gellar trying to convince Phoebe about evolution with a intelligent argument but she just blissfully has none of it.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Just been recommended this paper on risk and speculation. Going to be quite a read, but the abstract is fairly interesting imo.

While the traditional view of …financial innovation emphasizes the risk sharing role of new fi…nancial assets, belief disagreements about these assets naturally lead to speculation, which represents a powerful economic force in the opposite direction. This paper investigates the effect of fi…nancial innovation on risks in an economy when both the risk sharing and the speculation forces are present. I consider this question in a standard CARA-Normal framework. Financial assets provide hedging services but they are also subject to speculation because traders do not necessarily agree about their payoffs. I de…fine the average variance of traders’ net worths as a measure of …financial stability for this economy, and I decompose it into two components: the uninsurable variance, de…fined as the average variance that would obtain if there were no belief disagreements, and the speculative variance, de…fined as the residual variance that results from speculative trades based on belief disagreements. Financial innovation always decreases the uninsurable variance because new assets increase the possibilities for risk sharing. My main result shows that …financial innovation also always increases the speculative variance. This is true even if traders completely agree about the payoffs of new assets. The intuition behind this result is the hedge-more/bet-more effect: Traders use new assets to hedge their bets on existing assets, which in turn enables them to place larger bets and take on greater risks. This effect suggests that …financial innovation is more likely to be destabilizing in more complete …financial markets and when it concerns derivative assets.

In a dynamic setting, …financial innovation always reduces the average variance in the long run because traders learn from past asset payoffs. A question emerges as to how new assets should be introduced to minimize their short run impact on the speculative variance. I show that staggering (or delaying) the introduction of new assets is not effective because it reduces traders’ learning simultaneously with their speculation. A viable alternative is to set temporary position limits (or taxes) on new assets.
                                                                                                                    Does Trading "Hurt" Markets?

edit, wonderful quote

Financial innovation is putting lipstick on a pig; it works only as long as someone is fooled. This requires a constant new supply of pigs and shades, and new fools for that matter.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 16-05-11, 19:29.

Comment

Just been recommended this paper on risk and speculation. Going to be quite a read, but the abstract is fairly interesting imo.

Does Trading "Hurt" Markets?
                                                                                                                      LDO IMO
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Michelle if you think it helps you then that's great but the fact is you're being fooled by a horrible scam artist. That book is the equivalent of me selling small chocolates and telling people they contained a magic secret to happiness. If you eat 3 of them you'll be happy for 2 hours and then packaging them just like narcotics. The placebo effect would get you some of the way, the sugar and chocolate do the rest. That is what your body is doing.

You think good thoughts so your body relaxes, feels less stress and is generally happier. Then, as your mood is more stable, you feel the small bumps in life are easier and you ascribe even the smallest positive action to "The Secret".

It's all bullshit Michelle. If it makes you happy that's cool but it's just a scam.
                                                                                                                        i actually disagree about the chocolate thing. have you read the book?
                                                                                                                        it does make alot of sense to me, they are not looking for money, its up to each persons self if they want to purchase the book.

I have tried a few things in that book and it did work for me!
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Week in week out the satnav continues to deliver

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X